Chapter 6

W - Real World

Han Hyo Joo actually does not really have any “schedule” before coming to the reading session. Her staffs just want her to have her nails done before coming to MBC. This is a first time she sees all the people that work with her for the next several months. At least her staffs want her to make a good impression. Talking about Hyo Joo’s staffs, for her, they are the second family. They go with her to all events and photo shoots. They eat, they play, and they stay by her side. Hyo Joo is not the one that is easy to make new friends, so her staffs have an important position in her heart. Hyo Joo gets her nails done in about 45 minutes. After that, she and her people pack things up and left the store. Because it is a reading session, Hyo Joo does not really need too many people to come with her. Her staffs finish their jobs and go home, Hyo Joo and her manager turn the car to MBC building. 
 _____________________________________________________________________________________
12:00 PM
Hyo Joo is one of the first persons who enter the room. She meets some old faces and some new faces. She smiles from ear to ear. Hyo Joo always really happy when starting a new movie or a drama. While filming, she really has a lot more experiences for herself. That’s why she decides to be an actress. It is not because she wants to become a famous star. She just wants to bring the feeling of the characters, and of course “their” lives, to the audiences. By that way, her audiences can have a piece of experience that they will not, or can’t, have in their real lives. The staff who is in charge of seats introduce her to her chair. It is the second one on the right row. She wonders may be Jong Suk will sit in the first chair next to her. Thinking about Jong Suk, Hyo Joo remembers their morning. Jong Suk may think she is not friendly by the way she reacts with his compliment to her beauty. She does not want to show that face at that time. She is happy when she hears his words. But something, something in her heart tries to hold her back. She should apologize to him later on when he comes. And she sure will become friendlier to him. Slowly, one by one, the room is filled with people. But Jong Suk is found nowhere. Hyo Joo keeps waiting for his present. Hyo Joo does not really talk to anybody. Like I said, she is shy around new people. When the room is almost full, Jong Suk appears from the door. He bows his head constantly as he moves further to the center of the room. At the moment he reaches Hyo Joo’s face. He sees her waving toward him. “Why is she suddenly so friendly to me? She is not even happy in the morning.” Jong Suk asks himself. However, he regains his minds and sits down. Hyo Joo turns to his side and talks. 
“Jong Suk, about this morning, I am sorry. I am so into my thoughts. I am not offended by your words or anything. I just thinking at that moment.” Hyo Joo whispers to Jong Suk. 
“…Oh, it’s good to know noona. I thought that you are uncomfortable with my words” Jong Suk answers while his ears are blushing a little bit. 
“No, no, of course not. I am so happy while hearing those words. It is late but, thank you.” Hyo Joo lets out her smile after answers back to Jong Suk. Our Jong Suk, on the other hands, is numb when Hyo Joo smiles. His heart beats race against his control. His hands become so red. He feels relax after hearing her words. At least she does not hate him. A warm feeling comes to his heart. He likes it. Of course, he likes it. This feeling is so new and so comfortable. He wants to have more. He wants Hyo Joo to smile, to talk to him. He wants to meet her more. He wants them to become closers. At this moment, he wants to stop the time and admires Hyo Joo’s beauty. Jong Suk is running in his own thoughts until he hears Hyo Joo talks again
“Jong Suk, hey, are you okay? Your face is so red” Hyo Joo asks with a worried voice. 
“I am okay. It is just because it is...hot in here”
“Really, I feel cool” Hyo Joo talks back with a little bit of confused in her voice. 
 Jong Suk answers are cut by the voice of the director, Mr. Jung Dae Yoon. He welcomes all the actors and actresses. He also thanks all the people that have presented in the room. He introduces all the actors one by one. All of them, one by one, stand up and say hi to all persons. They even have cameras in the room. Jong Suk thinks they will put it in the BTS cut later. Drama staffs always do this sort of things. As a result, Jong Suk contains himself and behaves better. He stays still and tries not to look at Hyo Joo too much. He does not want the whole world to realize his feeling toward her. The reading session is started right away. The actors try to read their lines in the drama. It is fun but tired at the same time. Hyo Joo seems to be affected a lot by the script readings. Her eyes change as the new lines in the scripts appeared. The first half is soon ended. A break decides to let the actors regain their energy. Hyo Joo is lying on the table right after the director asks them to stop. Jong Suk is surprised by her actions. He turns to her and whispers
“Are you okay noona? Are you tired?”
“Yeah, somehow, Yeon Joo really has many kinds of stuff to deal with.” Hyo Joo turns her head but not move out of the table surface. “Do you like your character, Jong Suk?” She continues to ask
“Yes, of course, noona…I like the part that he is a webtoon character. He must be so sad in his heart.” Jong Suk answers while shyly nods his head. Hyo Joo thinks he is such a cute boy. Really, he looks so pure and innocent in her eyes. She wants to protect him in some ways.

4:00 PM
The reading session is finally done. 
Everyone seems to be tired after a long period of time. Hyo Joo and Jong Suk are not excluded. Hyo Joo once again stretches out her arms and tries to make her body feel better. Jong Suk just sits and checks up his phone. While Hyo Joo is cleaning up her stuff and preparing to go, Jong Suk touches her hands lightly and asks if she wants to have some coffee. 
“I will ask my manager about my schedule, so, can you wait a little bit?” Hyo Joo says to Jong Suk
“Okay, noona. I can drive you so if he doesn’t mind. He can leave you with me.”
Hyo Joo leaves her seat and runs to her manager. They talk about 5 minutes. Hyo Joo manager, Lee Suk, checks his phone and schedule. Hyo Joo is free tonight so they are agreed that she can have some coffee with Jong Suk. Our Jong Suk is so happy after hearing Hyo Joo. He gathers all his stuff and gestures Hyo Joo to come with him. Jong Suk and Hyo Joo make their way out of the room. When they come down to the parking lots, Jin Goo, Jong Suk’s manager is waiting down there. 
“Hello, Han Hyo Joo-ssi. I am Jong Suk’s manager. I do not really have a chance to make a proper greeting before. Nice to meet you.” Jin Goo asks.
“Nice to meet you.” Hyo Joo answers with a smile on her face. 
“Okay, hyung, I will be back.”Jong Suk takes the key and opens the door for Hyo Joo. 
“Okay then, see you later. Call me when you come home. And goodbye Hyo Joo-ssi.” Jin Goo once again turns to Hyo Joo. 
“See you later” Hyo Joo bows her head and goes inside the car. At that moment, Jin Goo pulls Jong suk’s arm. He whispers to Jong Suk:
“Behave yourself okay. I do not want any newspaper to catch you.”
“I know hyung, bye bye.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5wO4XYnX7c

"That Summer" - Infinite

It is totally silent inside the car. Both Jong Suk and Hyo Joo are not talkative persons. The music has filled the air. Hyo Joo notices Jong Suk seems to like old music. His playlist has a lot of ballad songs. Fortunately, Hyo Joo also like soft music. “That Summer” is playing. Hyo Joo can feel the bright of a summer day. She has a very good feeling recently. She does not know why. But she is happy. And she is comfortable. 
“Are you tired noona? Where you want to go? Do you have your favorite coffee shop?”
“Hmm…not really. I do not go out much. I like the coffee shop we meet in the morning. Plus, it nears my house.”
“I know right. I also like coffee at that store. I live nearby. That is the best store in town.”
“Oh. You live in Han Nam-dong too? I do not know that.”
“Haha. It is such a fortune. I also get shocked while knowing your house is in Han Nam-dong.”
“It is good. I really do not have any friend nearby. I can go out with you from now then. LOL,” Hyo Joo is smiling. Jong Suk drops another heartbeat. “Really, I can’t help myself when she smiles that,” Jong Suk thinks.
The car keeps rolling until they reach a white coffee store. 
“This is also a good store. It is quiet. We can discuss about the drama here. Let’s try out” Jong Suk talks to Hyo Joo. Both of them move to the store. It is a small shop. White and clean. The store has about 7 tables. It has a cozy feeling. Both Jong Suk and Hyo Joo order Ice Americano. They find a table near the windows while waiting for their drinks. 
“This drama is really a strange drama. The plot is really cool. Right, noona?”
“Yes. I hope it will be a remark drama. We will shot the teaser the following week right?”
“Yeah noona. we will film right after it.”
“It will be busy” Hyo Joo looks out of the window. 
“We will be okay noona.” Jong Suk replies. 
After a short conversation, they run into silent again. Hyo Joo observes Jong Suk carefully. He is really handsome. His nose is straight. He really looks like a person who coming out from manhwa. Suddenly, she notices his red hands. 
“Jong Suk, your hands are so red.”
“Oh. I am like this when I am tired. It is normal. Not a big deal.” Jong Suk closes his hands. 
“Is it really okay? Why don’t you come to the doctor and have some check- up?”
“I am okay noona. Are you worry about me?”
“Of cour…” Hyo Joo can’t finish her sentence. Why does she care about him? She does not know the reason. “Of course. Our drama can’t process if you’re sick right?” Hyo Joo finds herself a reason to care for Jong Suk. It is real because he is her co-star or because of other reasons? No one knows accept Hyo Joo. She reaches out and takes Jong Suk hands. He is surprised by her action but still let her talk his hand. Honestly, Jong Suk is nervous. He always likes this when meeting Hyo Joo. He does not act like this before. This feeling is not clear, but he wants it. He seems to be…fall for Hyo Joo. There is a thing that called “love at first sight” right? He can feel it. He likes Hyo Joo noona. Jong Suk’s thoughts are cut by Hyo Joo’s voice. 
“If you tried to press your hands like this. It will feel better.” Hyo Joo presses Jong Suk hands. She does it carefully. Trying not to hurt him. Jong Suk’s heart smelt. Hyo Joo is so sweet. They are staying there, holding each other. The time stops. Outside, the sun is so bright, and the sky is so clean. The weather is good. Hyo Joo and Jong Suk also feel good. Their heart becomes closer and closer. Tomorrow will be a beautiful day. 

 

Author notes:

I want to thanks all the comments of yours. They encourage me so much in writing this story. 

I want to thank 

anushkina

crossing_by

hanamiseu

you guys always comment after each chapter. Thank you <3

I heard my friend say that [Meo Bong - this is a name from facebook] promoted my story in Jong Suk x Hyo Joo fan page. I am super happy T_T Thank you.

And I want to make a note. I have to say that I don't know Jong Suk and Hyo Joo managers names -.- So I am using another name for them. I hope it okay. 

And finally, I do not know why but my grammar is bad recently. I will try to fix it my best T_T please understand. Thanks.

 

lazy_cat