Chapter 3

W - Real World

February 22, 2016

 

Ding...Hyo Joo's phone continues to ring for the seventh times for the last two hours. Right, because today is her birthday, so many friends and fans send her a warm-heart messages. Hyo Joo opens her phone and checks the messages. It is from Goo Hye Sun. She starts to smile from ear to ear. Then she presses the call button.

 

"Unnie...I thought you forget me already" Hyo Joo says with a joking voice.

"Haha, sweetie, of course, I am not. Happy birthday, girl. When you have time, we should go to eat something together" Hye Sun answer.

"Just kidding unnie. How about you and Jae Hyun? Do you guy plan to reveal the truth about your dating?"

"Hmm...we will reveal it soon. Please give me your support okay"

"Of course unnie. I have to go somewhere. I will call you later okay. Fighting!"

"Okay. Bye"

 

Hye Sun is one of Hyo Joo's best friends. Hyo Joo does not have so many friends; therefore, she always values her friends a lot. Stretching her arm, she moved to her closet to choose the outfit for today. She thinks a little longer than expect. The weather is still a little bit cool. Finally, she chooses a white T-shirt to wear with her jeans. She also takes a long gray cardigan just in case she feels cold. Wearing a bucket hat. Hyo Joo steps out from her apartment. This building is really quiet. She will have to pick up her mother at the train station. Because she couldn't come home for a long time. Her mother decided to visit her.

 

 

Hyo Joo starts to walk toward her car. It is so soon to come to the train station. Hyo Joo decides to buy some coffee on her way. Maybe she should buy a sandwich too. One text is coming to her phone. Hyo Joo stops herself and takes out her phone. "Huh? Who is this?"

 

N/A: Happy Birthday! Han Hyo Joo-ssi. Hope you have a wonderful day. Lee Jong Suk.

 

Hyo Joo is surprised. How can he know her birthday? He must be a true fan. He is such a kind person. Her heart warms up despite the cold of the wind.

 

Hyo Joo: Thank you, Jong Suk-ssi. When you have time, I will treat you some coffee okay?

Jong Suk: Okay. Hyo Joo-ssi.

Hyo Joo: It is okay to be informal. We will have to film together for several months. Be comfortable.

Jong Suk: Okay. Noona. I will take you when we can meet. ^^

Hyo Joo: Okay.

 

 

Hyo Joo is waiting in front of the the train station. She is drinking her Americano and checking her phone. Her mom should be here in ten minutes. It have been a long time since she met her mother. Hyo Joo hopes she takes good care of her health. 10 minutes past, Hyo Joo’s phone finally rings.

 

“Hello. Omma, are you here yet?”

“Yes. I am coming out of the station.”

“I am waiting in front of the stairs. So come out and I will find you.”

“I am on my way.”

 

After a short period of time, Hyo Joo finds her mother. They involve into a tight hug as they could not meet for ten years. “Happy Birthday my princess” Hyo Joo’s mother says as she hugs Hyo Joo. After a while, Hyo Joo and her mother walk to the car and drive home. Hyo Joo’s mother bring a lot of things with her. She carries different kind of side dishes for Hyo Joo to eat. Because Hyo Joo is living alone, she is worried a lot.

 

“Hyo Joo, are you dieting again? You look so tired?”

"Yeah, mom. I will film a new drama in April. I have to keep my body fit."

"I understand. But do not force yourself too much okay. I bring you some favorite foods. Eat it while you can."

"Thanks, mom." Hyo Joo says with shaking voice. Her eyes are filled with water.

"When will you have to come back, mom?"

"I will take an early train tomorrow! My school has an event, so I have to be there."

"Hmm...Okay. So what you want to eat? We can buy something from  a supermarket and I can cook for you."

"I can eat everything. Just cook what you want honey."

"Okay, mom."

 

As a result, Hyo Joo and her mother drive to the market. They go around and shop for some ingredients. Hyo Joo and her mom spent some lovely times together. They missed each other so much, so they are enjoying everything they could. While Hyo Joo rolls her shopping cart, suddenly someone, a tall guy, accidently bumps into her shoulders.

 

"I'm so sorry to miss. I do not watch my way."

"It is okay. Don't worry." Hyo Joo answers.

 

Both of them try to stand up. The guy tries to help Hyo Joo too. He holds her hands to help her stand up. His hands are so soft that makes Hyo Joo envies for his skin. He also has a white skin. "Thank you," Hyo Joo says to the guy. Both of them face each other and gaps. He is Lee Jong Suk. Such a, fortunately, life, how come they meet at this place. Jong Suk also seems to be surprised too. He still holds her hands without notice. Hyo Joo blushes a little bit. She clears and speaks up.

 

"Hmm. Jong Suk-ssi. Can you...hmm...my hand..."

"Oh my, I am sorry noona. Are you buy stuff for your dinner?"

"Yeah. You too?"

"Yeah. My manager goes out of town so I decided to cook for myself."

"And...You will have instant ramen." Hyo Joo looks at Jong Suk basket. It is filled with ramen, tuna, and some snacks.

"Haha...I do not really know how to cook...so..." Jong Suk says in embarrassed. Hyo Joo thinks he is cute and funny. But, of course, she can't laugh at him.  Right then, Hyo Joo's mother appears from nowhere.

 

"Hyo Joo. Who is this?"

"Oh, mom, this is Lee Jong Suk-ssi. He will acts with me in my next drama. You watch him in TV right. And Jong Suk, this is my mother. "Hyo Joo introduces her mom and Jong Suk at a same time.

"Hello, nice to meet you. I am Lee Jong Suk." Jong Suk bows down to greet Hyo Joo's mother.

"Ah. I am a fan of yours. Are you buying stuff for your dinner?" Hyo Joo's mom says with an excited voice. Then she also notices Jong Suk’s basket.

“Ommo, you can’t eat like that. It is not good for your health.”

“Hmm…I do not know how to cook so.” Jong Suk now sweats too.

“Oh my, poor you. Do you want to come and eat with us? We sure we can treat you something. Moreover, it is Hyo Joo’s birthday. Let’s celebrate with us.”

 

Both Hyo Joo and Jong Suk surprised at her mother’s offer. Hyo Joo’s mother is always like that. Because she is a teacher, she always takes care for kids around her. Furthermore, Jong Suk will be Hyo Joo’s co-actor. It is good to treat him, so he can help Hyo Joo later while filming.

 

“I can’t do that.” Jong Suk smile. He thinks he is not close enough to come and eat at Hyo Joo’s like that.

“Sure you can. It’s just a dinner. Not a big deal.” Hyo Joo’s mom says again.

“But..”

“I said it is okay. Right Hyo Joo sweet heart.” After a while, finally Hyo Joo speaks up.

“Yeah. Let me treat you dinner tonight. We also have one before. So don’t be shy.

Jong Suk sweats but also nods and says, “Okay then”

 

After finish buying everything. Hyo Joo sends Jong Suk her address. It will be a happy night for three of them.