Who did?

Pretty Faces and their Lies

BREAKING NEWS: Police finally have suspects on YG’s death

“… It is not clear yet who the suspects are but insiders have hinted that some of the suspects might be someone close to him.” Jinwoo read out loud as paced through the living room. He had been reading the articles from the newspapers piled on the table, his voice becoming high pitched with every article he finished.

“Hyung, that’s enough.” Mino sighed. He was sitting on the sofa trying to read a book but couldn’t concentrate because of the eldest member. It had been two days since YG’s death.

After that incident, their manager hyung had cancelled all their activities. Mino wouldn’t have minded taking a rest from his busy schedule, what with his collaboration in China and his new song with Bobby and the Ikon concert he’s about to join in.

Yes, he wouldn’t have minded a little vacation if only it wasn’t on the expense of his Boss’s death. He knew the cancellation was not only because of the mayhem that his Boss’s death has caused. Everyone in Korea was shocked when they heard the news. The company was busy answering all the inquiries from different journalists. They were also busy taking some emergency measures and doing some damage control. Many stockholders have voiced out their concerns. And there is a threat of the collapse of their stock.

Of course, it was not the only reason. It was more to give the artists a time to mourn their Boss. After all, YG was still their Boss and despite all his favouritism and atrocities, they owed him. And despite some differences in opinions and feelings that had been hurt, YG was a father figure to them. He was harsh most of the time but Mino can’t deny there were good times shared with him too. If only for those good times, they would mourn him, then so be it.

He would be lying if he said he did not resent YG for some of his decisions especially concerning his group’s activities. But that was about it. He suspected it was not only him who has a grudge on their Boss. Most of his artists probably resented him one way or the other. Except his favourites maybe. But Mino knows everyone mourns the loss of YG Ent’s pillar. Or do they?

Mino shook his head trying to clear his head. He needs to stop overthinking.

“So, when exactly will we be allowed to go outside into the public?” Seunghoon asked as he came into the living room bringing with him a casserole full of ramen. Ever since the event they were also advised not to go out in public places but they weren’t told exactly how long they had to stay at home.

“According to manager hyung, one week after the burial.” Seungyoon said arranging the newspapers Jinwoo had been reading and getting the casserole from Seunghoon and setting it on the top of the newspapers.

“And when exactly is that?” Seunghoon stood still arms across his chest.

“Tomorrow.” Seungyoon said.

“This kind of reminds me of our year-and-a-half long hiatus.” Jinwoo said finally sitting down beside Seungyoon.

Seunghoon sat on the floor near the sofa where Mino sat. He sat, folded his arms and rested his head on the table.

The silence that followed hung heavy in the air. No one dared break it.

It seemed like an eternity passed until Jinwoo decided to break the silence.

“I still can’t believe it. He’s gone.” It was a whisper but the other three heard it nonetheless.

This is the first time they had touched the topic of YG’s death ever since the day they were brought to the police station. It was like a silent agreement among the members.

“What do you think happened?” Mino asked, curiosity palpable on his tone.

“The police hadn’t released particular details yet but they’re sure it was murder.” Seungyoon answered.

“Yes, but who would want to actually murder him?” Jinwoo piped in.

“Well, we know many people actually hated his guts.” Seunghoon said.

“Yeah, like us?” Seungyoon said, an obvious tension in the way he said those words.

“Look, I know we hated the guy but I don’t think any of us are capable of killing him. Can we?” Mino voiced out.

“I don’t know about actually killing him but he sure ended up dead in a lot of ways in my head” Seunghoon admitted.

“Especially when he’s insulting us with that annoying voice of his.” Jinwoo snorted causing the other members to snigger.

Another silence followed. Every one of them was lost in their own thoughts.

“He bought us that food during WIN TV though and brought us to dine with him that one time.” Seungyoon said after some time. He didn’t know why he felt the need to defend YG.

“I know.” Mino sighed. “He wasn’t pure evil. It’s just that…..” he trailed off.

“It’s just that he knew best how to make people hate him.” Seunghoon said after finding the right words.

No one answered him but he knew the silence was a concession.

Their silence was broken this time by the growling of Mino’s stomach.

Taking that as a cue to end the morose conversation, they started to get the bowls and spoons and started eating the now soggy ramen that Seunghoon prepared earlier.

“Where’s Taehyun?” Seungyoon asked. He hadn’t seen the maknae all day. “He hasn’t left the dorm has he?”

“No” Mino answered. “He’s in his room.” He started to get up. “I’ll go get him.” And walked towards Taehyun’s bedroom at the end of the hallway.

He knocked on the door then carefully opened it.

Taehyun was sitting, back resting on the headboard. He was looking at the opposite wall with a straight face. However, he knew something was up. He took his time observing him.

“Taehyun-ah” He called out finally deciding to approach him. He sat on the edge of the bed to Taehyun’s right.

Taehyun started at that.

He looked at Mino with a forced smile.

“Hey…” he said with a voice too cheery to be entirely true.

“Hey!” Mino smiled back but with a hint of worry on his face. “What’s wrong?” Reaching out to Taehyun’s right hand and giving it a gentle squeeze.

“What? No.” Taehyun answered seconds faster than would have been convincing.

“No, nothing’s wrong.” He continued in a lower voice while looking at Mino’s hands on his.

“You’ve been out of it ever since the police station.” Mino moved closer to Taehyun pulling him in a half-embrace. “You can’t fool me Taehyun-ah. Tell me. What’s been bothering you?”

“I’m fine.” Taehyun sighed this time facing Mino and looking him directly in the eye.

“It’s just that…” He moved in closer in Mino’s embrace and rested his head on Mino’s shoulder. “I’m just emotionally exhausted.” He murmured.

Mino hugged more tightly and soothed Taehyun’s back. “Is that a confession of your secret love for YG?”

Taehyun slapped his back playfully.

Mino chuckled. “I know you were never fond of him.”

“Is there really anyone who was ever fond of him?” Taehyun answered. “Well, except probably his favourites.” Taehyun said.

Mino stayed silent for a while trying to formulate something that has been bothering his mind ever since YG’s death.

“Who do you think did it?” he finally voiced out.

Probably someone who has had enough of his bull! Taehyun thought but kept silent.

After a while he said “Frankly I am surprised no one ever tried doing him in before.”

“Do you think he really deserved it?” Mino stiffened and removed himself from Taehyun’s embrace taking both of his hands on his.

“I know he was unfair most of the times, strict and harsh with his words and never seemed to be satisfied with whatever we did but, do you think he really deserved to die?”

Taehyun looked at him in the eye and calmly said “YG was a lot of things more than just unfair, harsh and strict. He was evil. He deserved it.”

Mino was dumbstruck by what Taehyun said and the way he said it--with much conviction. Taehyun was sometimes rude and insensitive but he was never this. He was never quick on judging people and certainly never wished anyone harm even if they were a jerk to him. He sat there looking at Taehyun as if seeing him for the first time, thousands of thoughts running through his mind.

“Taehyun….” He finally said, trying to keep his voice stable.

 

 

 

 

“What have you done?”

                                                                                   ____________________________________

PLEASE READ THIS PART!

Hey there! You probably are angry by now. But before you write you write an angry comment, let me first explain some things about this Fic.

This Fic is based on the AU that YG is a very horrible person although some of you might thing this is the reality, I personally I think he is not that evil, he is just strict and buisness-minded. I just really wanted to explore a mystery kind of story.

It is important to remeber the following points about this Fic:

1. Despite my anger and resentment at YG's unfair treatment of our babies and most of his artists, I don't actually wish for him to die or anything and I hope you don't too. 

2. I am so sorry I made our precious babies look this bad, like they are ungrateful and resentful. I  don't think they are these kinds of people in real life who would actually wish YG dead or any harm. They are after all one of the kindest and precious kpop groups we know. 

3. When I mentioned "favorites" I am not actually referring to any particular group or individual artists although most of our fandom believe that YG has his favorites. Thus, I am only ever going to mention "favorites" in this fanfic chapter but will never mention anyone in particular and this will be last mention of it. And I advise you to refrain from mentioning anyone when you write your comments. Please, let us make this fandom about loving Winner and celebrating them and not about resenting and hating other groups because frankly they don't really deserve the hate that they are getting from us I think.

4. This fanfic is not intended to create fanwars or fuel the existing ones.

I actually hope that it would end  and people would be mature enough when it comes to these things. It's seriously sad when I see INTER-fanwars and INTRA-fanwars. I hope we would just let other people stan the groups, people and couples they want to stan and just concentrate on our own. There is no need to be bitter all the time. Let us stop dragging anyone and learn to ignore those who try to drag our faves. 

I know this sounds so hypocritic- me trying to preach about Fandom peace when I'm clearly writing a fic that will surely promote some tension. I know, and I surprise myself most of the times. But I believe that by making people see just how unpleasant hatred and  resentments can be, we would be able to overcome these and correct ourselves; sort of like looking in the mirror to fix our image. We are a VERY SMALL FANDOM and I believe it would be in the best interest of Winner if our fandom would be a bit more mature. 

I welcome cricitics  whether it be about the story or the grammar. Thank you for reading! I look forward to your feedbacks!

PS: I know the title !!!! If you have any suggestions I am very much open to them!