The Closeness

Can Love Be Arranged?

Mina and Chaeyoung chuckled as they looked back and parked their car at their first destination. Sana had her head on Tzuyu’s shoulder. Tzuyu was leaning hers on Sana’s, mouth hanging slightly open. Their hands were still held tightly together as if someone were trying to pry them apart.

“Do you want to wake them up or should I?” Mina whispered.

“I’ll do it. But let me take a picture first.” Chaeyoung chuckled, quickly snapping a picture of the two before shaking Tzuyu to wake up.

Since Tzuyu was a light sleeper, she woke up as soon as Chaeyoung came into contact with her. she rubbed the remaining sleep from her eyes as she tried to grasp an understanding of where they were.

“Cheohyeong, are we here already?” Tzuyu asked.

“Yup. Come out soon. You’re going to have to wake Sana up.” Chaeyoung teased, leaving flustered Tzuyu behind.

Tzuyu smiled at their intertwined hands. It amazed her how the simplest of actions were able to drive her crazy. She was afraid that the slightest movement would disturb Sana’s sleep and she didn’t want to affect it considering how cosy and peaceful she looked right now. Tzuyu brushed away Sana’s hair that had fallen onto her face, securing it behind her ear.

She suddenly felt very conscious of the space around them; it felt too small. Tzuyu stiffened when she felt Sana snuggle deeper into her neck. How was she meant to get out of this situation? The way they were headed, everyone would come back before she got the courage to do something instead.

“Sana?” Tzuyu gently nudged. Sana stirred a little but didn’t wake up.

Why, why, why am I stuck in this situation? – Tzuyu

Tzuyu tried shifting around, attempting to sneak out of Sana’s ‘hold’, making Sana groan and wake up. She slowly opened her eyes, yawning and rubbing her eyes as Tzuyu remained frozen in place. Sana’s eyes widened in realisation of her position.

“Oh my god – I’m so sorry!” Sana immediately apologised, blushing.

“It’s okay. Just glad you’re finally awake.” Tzuyu replied sheepishly. She stepped out of the car, heading over to Sana’s door and opening it. “Come on, let’s go.”

Sana was still blushing from embarrassment. She couldn’t believe she fell asleep on Tzuyu. But then again, she was so comfortable, she couldn’t do anything. Her head sought that spot; the crook of her neck.

“You do know that I was sleeping too?” Tzuyu said, chuckling. “There’s no need to be embarrassed or shy or anything.”

“Really?” Sana questioned, wide-eyed.

“Yep. I – hold on!” Tzuyu shouted as she pulled Sana into her embrace. A group of bikes whizzed past them, ringing their bells in gratitude. Sana blushed even harder realising Tzuyu still hadn’t let her out of their embrace.

“Sana, are you okay? Are you sick? Why are you so red?” Tzuyu asked worriedly, checking Sana’s forehead for any signs of a sickness.

“N-no. I’m fine. It’s just hot.” Sana lied.

“Are you sure?” Tzuyu asked again.

“Not to worry Tzuyu. I’m fine already.” Sana smiled.

Tzuyu laughed, shaking her head as they continued their path together. The two could hear their parent’s booming laughter from miles away, finding them easily. But Tzuyu didn’t want to go to them yet. She pulled Sana away from their route, confusing her.

“Where are we going Tzuyu?” Sana asked.

Tzuyu had to think of something quick. She just wanted to spend some more time alone with Sana. She almost squealed in glee when she saw an ice cream truck.

“Oh? I just thought it would be nice to eat some ice cream. It’ll cool you down as well from earlier.” Tzuyu answered.

Sana’s eyes lit up at the sound of the word ‘ice cream’. If there was ever one thing she could request to have every day, she would choose ice cream. She knew it was an unhealthy addiction but she couldn’t help herself. Her reaction didn’t go unnoticed by Tzuyu, who smiled satisfactorily at her own plan.

“Come on, let’s go.” Tzuyu said, intertwining her hands with Sana’s like it was natural. Sana smiled at Tzuyu’s automatic nature.

It was amazing how after holding hands once, it was so much easier after that. Her feelings didn’t change though; her stomach was being attacked by butterflies and her heart felt like it was beating at the speed of light. Sana let Tzuyu drag her along to the vendor, greeting the person behind the counter as they searched for an ideal treat.

“You two make a beautiful couple. It’s rare to see such a delightful pair these days. I wish you all the best.” She said.

“Thank you very much.” Tzuyu muttered with gratitude.

“Hmm, I think I know what I want. What about you?” Sana asked.

“Me too.” Tzuyu replied, giving their order in. She was about to pay for their ice cream when the lady denied it.

“It’s rare seeing such a lovely couple. Please, take it as a gift for well wishes and your future. Have a nice day.” The woman commented, surprising Sana and Tzuyu. They headed towards a park bench, placed conveniently in front of a lake.

“So I’m guessing you’re a huge ice cream fan?” Tzuyu chuckled, watching Sana eat with amusement.

“A favourite of mine since I was a kid. I can eat it anytime.” Sana replied.

“Eating ice cream always makes me feel happier. It’s become like an addiction for me.” Tzuyu said, shaking her head.

“That’s like me too! I can eat it anytime and anywhere.” Sana exclaimed as she looked at Tzuyu. She spent a minute considering if she should do what she was thinking about.

Ah well, might as well do it – Sana

Sana leaned over, closing the space between them and used the pad of her thumb to wipe away ice cream from the edges of Tzuyu’s lips. Tzuyu blushed crimson at the action and Sana turned her head away slightly, blushing as well.

“Do you want to try mine?” Sana proposed, offering hers.

“Why don’t we swap?” Tzuyu suggested in return, earning a nod from Sana as they swapped their cups.

“This is so bitter!” Sana squealed, making a face.

“Yours is super sweet. How do you eat it? It’s almost sickly.” Tzuyu scoffed, earning a glare from Sana. No one criticised her favourite ice cream.

“What if we mixed them together? Would they be a better taste?” Sana thought out loud.

“We should try it together. Ready, 1, 2, 3!” Tzuyu counted down, scooping in the mix of the two ice creams.

“OH MY – LIKE”

“THIS IS – IT’S”

“PURE GENIUS.” They both explained at once, staying silent before cracking up in laughter.

“This is the best thing I’ve had in my life. I never expected the two flavours to go so well together. They’re totally opposite.” Tzuyu commented, still in shock.

“I’m someone who loves my ice cream, and this is definitely amazing; it’s mind blowing.” Sana explained.

“Never thought such a day would come where I’d mix flavours together.” Tzuyu chuckled, shaking her head. “Do you have any other favourite foods?”

“Well I like anything that’s super chilli or has spicy red peppers in it. But I can live on ice cream forever.” Sana answered, making Tzuyu laugh. She checked the time and almost freaked out. They’d been away for two hours!

“Oh my god, we should head back!” Tzuyu jumped off the bench. “Let’s go.”

Sana nodded, getting up as well. She hadn’t realised how fast time had passed when she talked to Tzuyu. They quietly walked together, hands brushing each other’s as they continued to walk on towards the place they had heard their families earlier. Tzuyu decided to take Sana’s hand in hers anyway, hearing her gasp softly at the contact. Tzuyu smiled softly at the reaction she caused in Sana. She decided to walk a little slower, savouring the peaceful atmosphere between them. They could once again hear the booming noises of their families and Tzuyu stopped a few metres away from them, turning to talk to Sana.

“I know we only spent a little bit of time together today but I want to let you know that I had a really good time.” Tzuyu said sincerely, still holding onto Sana’s hand.

“Me too. Who knew we’d make such a huge breakthrough in the world of ice cream?” Sana chuckled.

“And I also want to add that I really enjoy holding your hand.” Tzuyu mumbled, blushing.

“I do too; it makes me feel safe.” Sana commented, blushing as well.

“I’m only letting go because we have to go back to our families and I don’t think getting teased would be fun.” Tzuyu snickered, making Sana laugh.

Tzuyu gave Sana’s hand one last squeeze before she let go, immediately feelings the lack of warmth and comfort it provided. It was itching her to hold it again but her sister had called her, breaking her thoughts.

“Tzuyu! Thought you two would never make it.” Mina teased, making them both blush as they approached the picnic they set up.

Sana seated herself next to Momo while Tzuyu had seated herself opposite her, pulling Somi into her lap and pretending to be intrigued with her hair band.

“How come you two took so long?” Momo mocked.

“Well–” They both spoke at the same time, making everyone laugh.

“It’s okay. You can explain.” Tzuyu said, smiling at Sana.

“Ah, well I fell asleep in the car and Tzuyu didn’t want to leave me by myself or wake me up so it took longer.” Sana answered, blushing deeply.

“Oh, you left out the part where you fell asleep on each other. Right Tzuyu?” Mina teased, making Tzuyu turn crimson.

“Unnie!” Tzuyu whined.

“I think the kids should go for a little swim. What do you say Somi?” Nichkhun suggested, making Somi giggle in excitement.

“You guys go have fun. We’ll stay here.” Wooyoung suggested.

Tzuyu held on to Somi’s hand as she squealed in glee. Chaeyoung was walking alongside her with the remaining girls on the other side.

“You know, eating ice cream together is a cute idea.” She whispered, making Tzuyu blush once again.

“Y-you saw?” Tzuyu stuttered.

“It was just me. I was going to call you but I saw you two and thought I should leave you alone for a little while.” Chaeyoung replied

“O-oh.” Tzuyu replied.

“You two look cute.” Chaeyoung chuckled, directing her head at Sana who also seemed to be blushing at something as well.

Chaeyoung was sitting out of the water with Sana while Momo, Mina, Tzuyu and Somi were in the water, goofing around. Mina whispered a plan about getting Chaeyoung into the water. She was going to pretend to get some sunscreen and grab Chaeyoung and bring her into the water. Tzuyu watched on as her sister’s plan went into motion, chuckling at Chaeyoung’s efforts to get her wife to put her down. Somi couldn’t help but laugh at her own parents.

Tzuyu’s eyes locked with Sana’s and she held a mischievous grin that worried Sana. Tzuyu waded out of the pool, coming closer to Sana and her heart was beating crazily being worried about Tzuyu’s potential plans. Sana closed her eyes as Tzuyu finally reached her, peeking one eye open only after hearing a zipper open.

“Don’t worry. I won’t take you into the water. Your reaction was good enough for me.” Tzuyu teased, evading Sana’s attempts at pinching her.


A/N: There might be a few typos. But I hope not...

I was curious about something.

Do you guys think this is developing too slow?

Should I do a time skip to their wedding instead?

Let me know what you think!

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

- stupid author