The Engagement

Can Love Be Arranged?

A/N: your stupid author made a mistake and deleted this chapter by accident

forgive me for giving you false hope into thinking I updated...


Nichkhun was about to sit down and celebrate with the to be in-laws when he was called into the kitchen by Tiffany.

“I’ll be back in a moment.” He informed Wooyoung as he prepared himself for the awaiting conversation with his wife.

Tiffany closed the doors to the room they were both in before she started talking.

“Do they want to get engaged today or something? Is there a rush? You should at least let them talk for a while. We don’t know what they’re like at all. I’m not going to let them rip me off no matter how rich or big they are. Our own daughter isn’t married and you’re off marrying someone else’s daughter.” Tiffany snickered.

“Seriously Tiffany? Sometimes you’re just too much! How can you even say that? How can you cross the line?! She’s Minjun’s daughter and technically my own daughter! We raised her together and she’s our daughter. I know you never thought of her as such but please, do not treat her like she’s trash. She’s anything but that and she’s been dealing with your treatment for years. I don’t know how she has but she’s my responsibility Tiffany. I want the best for her.” Nichkhun seethed.

Before he could continue on, there was a knock on their door.

“May I come in Nichkhun Sshi?” Wooyoung asked.

Nichkhun opened the doors as Wooyoung let himself inside.

“I’m sorry for getting myself involved in your personal business Tiffany Sshi but since we’re going to become one family, I would really appreciate it if we didn’t have any kind of barriers between us. I just want to ask you not to keep any worries on your chest. Release them if you need to, we will greatly appreciate it. Let the two get engaged. All we want is Sana, nothing else, I promise you.” Wooyoung stated.

Nichkhun nodded in confirmation and gratitude as they headed back to the lounge room. Tzuyu and Mina had headed down to the local jeweller to purchase a set of engagement rings of Sana’s liking. Despite the small range of rings the shop had on their shelves, Tzuyu’s eyes landed on one set in specific. Something about its simplicity stood out from the others. They both had a silver band while one had a simple stone set in the middle. She immediately knew she wanted it, not looking at the other designs despite the shopkeeper’s persistence. Tzuyu was never someone who liked flashy items or bling things. She hoped Sana liked the rings as much as she did as she asked the clerk to bag the item. 

                                                                                                                                                       (le rings)

                                                                                           

Instead of Tzuyu picking up the rings, Mina swatted her hand and she took the rings off the counter, pocketing them herself, earning a curious glance from Tzuyu.

“I have to pass them on to you there. It’s weird. Don’t ask.” Mina answered, earning a teasing smile from Tzuyu.

When the two arrived back at the house, Momo immediately dragged Tzuyu to sit next to Sana. She was in a little bit of a shock since they managed to put up some simple decorations in the time they were gone. Sana was staring shyly on the carpet, a hint of a smile on her face. Tzuyu scratched her head as she waited for Mina to pass Sana’s ring over. She carefully picked it up off the cushion it was placed on, sliding it on Sana’s awaiting finger. Mina handed the box to Momo, giving Sana the other ring. The ring slipped from Sana’s grip or Momo’s, Tzuyu couldn’t tell who but it fell in between Sana and Tzuyu. They both reached for it at the same time, knocking their heads together by accident.

Tzuyu grabbed the ring off the floor while she nursed her head with the other hand.

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry.” Sana apologised.

“It’s okay, really. Are you okay?” Tzuyu chuckled.

Sana nodded before smiling and putting Tzuyu’s ring on her finger as well. She was still blushing from the embarrassment of dropping the ring as well as bumping heads with her almost to be fiancée. Why couldn’t there be one day where she could go without doing something clumsy.

Truthfully, the ring that Tzuyu had bought was absolutely beautiful. She was extremely glad it was something simple and nice. The finishing was absolutely amazing as well. They were both congratulated as soon as the ring ceremony was completed.

“This is seriously the world’s best couple!” Taecyeon complimented.

“Uncle, we’re right here!” Mina nudged.

“You can’t deny they look good.” Taecyeon pushed, making Sana and Tzuyu blush.

“Gomo and Imo (A/N: aunt), smile!” Said Somi, taking a picture with Mina’s phone.

“Well, now you have to call Gomo, Sookbu.” Said Taecyeon. (A/N: I made the mistake of making Somi call Tzuyu Gomo in the first chapter. Tzuyu is technically the “brother” since she has the dominant traits of a male. Sookbu means father’s younger brother)

“Huh? Why? So then what do I call Imo?” Asked Somi.

“You call Imo, Sookmo.” Taecyeon explained.

“Huh? How did she become Sookmo? I don’t understand?” Somi whined.

“Well, since your Sookbu likes Sookmo so much, we can’t do anything about it now can we?” Teased Momo.

Tzuyu laughed, glancing at Sana who seemed to be biting back a smile. Mina called Tzuyu to do something regarding their cars outside and Sana chose this moment to call Somi into the kitchen, pulling out a bunch of lollies and chocolates and handing them to Somi.

“Chocolates? Thanks Sookmo! Are you coming back with us to the city?” Somi pouted.

“Sookmo will come later.” Sana answered, giggling at Somi’s cuteness.

“Oh! Really? Yes!” Somi squealed, running away.

It was almost nightfall and it was time for Tzuyu and her family to leave. Mina, Chaeyoung and Somi said farewell first, Nichkhun picking up Somi in his hands instead.

“I didn’t even get to talk to this cutie much today!” Said Nichkhun, tickling Somi, making her giggle.

He walked over to Wooyoung who was with Sana to suggest an idea that he had thought of while he was talking to Mina and Chaeyoung.

“Wooyoung Sshi, I have a wish I wanted to share with you. Could you possibly take out some time, all of you, and come to my country house a little far from here? If we spend some time there, we’ll have heaps of fun.” Nichkhun suggested.

“Whenever you want to Nichkhun Sshi. Now all we need is any kind of reason to meet the lovely girl, Sana. After all, the closest time we can even hold the wedding is in five months.” Wooyoung laughed.

Tzuyu just stared at Sana from afar. Why was she feeling like the next five months were going to be super long for her? She unconsciously pouted at the thought, making Momo laugh at her actions and breaking her out of her thoughts.

“So how about we go to the place next month? Is that okay?” Nichkhun suggested.

“Of course. We’ll make sure to be there in that time.” Wooyoung agreed.

“Alright, we’ll meet later then.” Nichkhun said.

“Yes we will.” Taecyeon added.

“What are you talking about Taecyeon? You have to come with us!” Wooyoung stated.

“Oh my god! I totally forgot.” Taecyeon replied.

“Well, you’re coming with us with Tzuyu on the wedding day anyway.” Wooyoung chuckled.

“No, no. Taecyeon is going to be greeting you all on the wedding day, from Sana’s side.” Nichkhun added.

“How about this? I’ll welcome Tzuyu and I’ll leave with her?” Taecyeon suggested.

“Ya! Traitor!” Wooyoung scolded, making everyone laugh.

Momo came behind Sana, nudging her as she laughed at Taecyeon’s joke.

“Come on, let’s go.” Momo asked.

“Where are we going?” Sana asked, confused.

“Come on! Let’s just go!” Momo answered, pulling Sana away from the group of people.

“Momo? Where are you taking me?” Sana asked again as Momo pulled her up a flight of stairs.

“Shhh!” Momo quietened as they reached the top of the stairs.

Sana stayed silent as soon as she realised what Momo was up to.

“Hyeongbu (A/N: Brother-in-law), this was a blessed favour; on me this time.” Momo giggled, shaking Tzuyu’s hand and leaving the two alone.

Sana was glad there wasn’t much light outside for Tzuyu would’ve seen her blush at her cousin’s actions. It wasn’t helping that Tzuyu was staring at her. Even though Sana’s gaze was on the floor, she could still feel Tzuyu’s gaze.

Tzuyu didn’t say anything, neither did Sana. They both basked in the beauty of the night while Tzuyu could only think about how beautiful Sana looked in the moonlight. That reminded her of what she was actually meant to do! She pulled out her phone and captured a picture of Sana, who seemed slightly oblivious to Tzuyu’s actions. Tzuyu didn’t leave room for any words from Sana; she just walked down the stairs, leaving a smiling Sana behind.

How Tzuyu made Sana smile so easily, Sana had no idea. Maybe it was the fact that it was her first relationship and she had no idea what to expect but she didn’t think it was that at all. Her heart went crazy just being under Tzuyu’s gaze and when she talked, her voice was so soothing and soft, it melted her inside. The simplest of actions were meaningful and touching. Being in Tzuyu’s proximity made her feel safe and protected; it made her feel like she was in the right hands. This feeling… it felt like she was in love. Is that what it was?

Tzuyu wasn’t feeling anything different. She chuckled to herself as her plan was a success thanks to Momo. She stared at the picture she managed to sneak of Sana. She really is beautiful. Scratch that, she was absolutely stunning. Her shyness and clumsiness added another factor to her character that just made Tzuyu go crazier than ever. She could go as far as saying that they made her perfect.

She had a motive for taking the picture actually. Tzuyu knew she was going to be thinking of Sana every moment they were apart. She was drawn to her in a way she couldn’t explain. Something itched at her to take care of her and worry about her. She felt like she needed to make her feel comfortable and safe. Was this what they call “Love”?

Tzuyu didn’t know how she was going to go one month without seeing her and part of her wished that instead of taking a picture, she should’ve taken Sana’s number. But she was more than happy to have her photo at least. It had taken a lot of mental exertion and mumbling to herself to form a plan with Momo to even talk to Sana. In the end, it really did pay off.