Awake

Monster

*

Kai opened his eyes.

Ahead, the glowing blue sky showered on his face. Half buried into the black sand, he breathed through his mouth and tested his senses in the first awakening. He was created as the first Giant, with humongous built and wide shoulder, with golden orbs and sturdy shell. Dark as the midnight was his skin, sharp and lethal were his teeth. Through his body, there are black inking in tribal shape, telling him the knowledge of the sun, the star, and the universe where he was destined to rule.

But what is to life for in this emptiness? He asked, as he walked in the numbness and loneliness for decades, dragged his body to nowhere when the sun is up and lied where he stopped when it was the night fall. He knew nothing about desire and lust, had no will to eat or express his emotion, all he did were awakened and asleep.

His life started when he was dreaming of a figure basked in white light, how it exactly look alike he couldn’t tell except that it wasn’t the same with him. he only heard its voice, soft and alluring, calling him the same word, over and again.

‘Kai…’

What is it?

‘Kai…’

In his dream, he was standing in the darkness, doing nothing till a door appeared before him. He pushed it open into another world while deep in his sub-conscious the word became his name,

‘Kai…’

And when he awakened this time, Kai was laying on the blue grass, inside the shell he never been into, but instead black he had light bronze skin, and when he poked on his arm, he was soft and warm. His tail was still there, thankfully, it was the most sensitive part of him and also his ultimate weapon though it was shrunk to fit with his new body.

He looked around, sensing the world became different. When it was dull and lifeless before now it was filled with colors, from these things named trees, flowers, grass, stones, stream, but what dazzled him the most was the figure lying next to him.

It was bare and innocent, fair haired and shelled in white pearl skin. When he touched its arm, he was also touched inside at the different texture in between them, different size and different scent. It drew him to sniff the thing, running his nose on the thing’s skin from its arm and shoulder and everything, till he buried his face in its chest where it was the softest and warmest.

  He loved its smell.

And it was thrilling to be introduced to love.

.

“There is thunderstorm inside the Farm.”

Kai snapped from haze. Here he was sitting by his throne when his Advisor, Chanyeol came into the room, his three tails swayed proudly behind. The King glanced down with bored expression, knowing that other Giants aside the Royals are Creations and the Farm was where they were made and nurtured.

“Is she there?” he asked.

“Yes, the Goddess is visiting and she’s worried with the Prince.” Chanyeol snarled, “It worried the healers too. Luhan’s Mood Weather maybe harmless but it didn’t look so for the Children.” As the Advisor explained, Kai’s mind wondered back into the past and focused on the face of his wife, the one bearing the title of Goddess. He recalled again the era when the world only belonged to the two of them, as they learned about love and life together. It was lonely but intimate, it was simple but endearing.

He missed those times though he also loved today when he ruled millions of Giants and leading an empire together with Luhan.

“What do you want me to do?” he whispered, enough hearing of Chanyeol’s rants.

“At least let her see ‘him’ through the Glass.”

“He’s on important mission and we can’t risk him get caught. She knew it well not to risk his life. He’s her baby boy, after all.” Kai smiled at his advisor, as he stood from the throne and walked down, “I’ll go to Farm, let’s see if I can avert her attention with my attractive self.”

“Charming, as usual.” Chanyeol finally smiled though a bit sarcastic at the end. “Just refrain from public , my Lord, there are BABIES living in there. And yes, Dio would be glad to end your life if you dare sneaking in any kitchen or closet.”

“My bad, then.” Kai snorted. “I am indestructible and Luhan is ethereal. Your wife will need a lot of hard time killing us. Oh wait, I mean ex-wife. He’s married to Sehun now, right?”

That was enough to turn Chanyeol’s smirk into growl. “You’re the worst, Kai.”

“Of course I am, if not then I won’t be the King.”

 

He remembered the Peaceful Year ended when Luhan gave birth to their first son. Both of them explored their lust and tested boundaries of their pleasure points ever since they fell in love with each other. He would lie with Luhan on the grass and touched her, inhaling into her scent and tasted the most favorite part of her body with his tongue. He would mark her with saliva, teeth, and seeds, and though it was a process, eventually both of them knew it felt better when he was sitting in between her legs, their heat united and their hunger satisfied.

Scratched it, it was actually a wonderful experience that they repeated it over and again, till they were exhausted and forced to sleep, tangling in limbs.

Decades later, Luhan gave birth to a baby boy with blue hair and grey eyes. A humanoid form of Giant with tail curled on its right leg. Luhan named the boy ‘Taeyong’ and called it ‘son’ while shoving the boy inside Kai’s arm, so he could also feel the connection to the little being.

To tell the truth, Kai needed a little bit of time to adjust with the change in their situation. Like now they are a family, the whole universe ain’t enough to protect Luhan and the baby. He needed to build a shelter and he needed to gather food and kept it in storage. And the most importantly, they seemed a bit barbaric without clothes, especially when there’s Taeyong around.

“Father?”

The said person stood by the Farm’s door, wrapped in metallic grey uniform. His son was a Royal Healer, despite Kai was sure he would be a great Commander for their War Council. The thing is, Taeyong really hated battlefield after his first assignment on Earth, million years ago. The Prince fell in love with a pretty Tyrannosaurus -Ten, for short- and lost her in Great Jurassic War between Giants and Raptors.  

“Good, you’re here already.” Kai patted Taeyong’s shoulder gently, as his eyes traced on the scar across the Prince’s left cheek, courtesy of the General John, that damned Carcharodontosaurus which led the army of Raptors, killing hundreds of Giant in process till the Goddess had to freeze the Earth to stop the war.

 “You should go inside and calm your mother.” Kai said.

Taeyong gave Kai a skeptic look, “You know it well no one can just calm her except you, father.”

“I know.” Kai sighed, “I hope you don’t mind having another brother. I planned to make ‘one’ with her, just in case Mingyu failed his mission.”

“Urgh.” Taeyong shrugged, “Please no details this time, Dad, I’ve heard enough.” And the young one rushed, left Kai chuckling nastily.

“Hmph. You really need to move on. Just go get laid, son. I heard Jaehyun-…”

 “I’m married to my job!” Taeyong yelled from distance.

Kai snickered even wider but he said nothing more to his immature son –really, that millions year old and still a brat- and entered the gate. Inside the atrium, pink cloud covering the glass roof and colorful thunder striking here and there inside the plaza, not really creating damage to the infrastructure except the loud sound and blinding light.

In the middle of it, Luhan sat at the edge of fountain, all gloomy even in her glorious appearance.

It filled him with love. She always made him fell in love, as if their eternality was only a day that went through the night and repeated in the next morning. For them, time stopped and so their love had no measure. This was always love at the first sight, from the flutters, the ache, the passion, and its sweetness each time he walked at her and saw how the world around them changed into joyous background.

The thunder disappeared just as Luhan looked into his eyes while her thin and pink lips shared him a small smile.

“I’m sorry for making you walk all the way here,” she whispered as the pink fog spread beneath their feet and colorful glitter dust drizzled on them in slow motion.

 “He’s three thousands year old.” Kai said. Fondness radiated from his golden orbs and his soft reply. “And he’d been studying about human for that long, so he would be okay there.” He stopped just as he was right in front of her sitting figure, watching the delicate being sighing as she leaned her head on his thigh. He reached and gently raked her pink hair with his fingertips, tried to soothe her worry away by his touch.

“Kai, what if Mingyu fall in love with human?”

 “I won’t doubt that.” Kai chuckled to find Luhan looked up, annoyed and displeased with his reply but only listened when he continued, “there must be one or two human he would desire, seeing that his mother was shaped in human form and that could be his definition of beauty. But it won’t be forever, my love, because we’re immortal and human isn’t.” Easily she was encouraged to stand and tucked inside a comforting embrace, “Sooner or later, he would be introduced to death, and since he inherited your gentle heart, I believe he would be affected greatly by that.”

“But I don’t want he got hurt.” Luhan buried her face into his chest, breathing in his scent.

 His heart beat rapidly in silly excitement.

“Then,” Kai loosened the hug to cup her face and stared right into her hazy eyes, “What if we’re going to Earth?”

“Huh?”

That was a crazy idea.

It’ll turn his Advisor and Generals and the rest of Blue Realm into madness, for sure.

But a part of the King wanted to rebel from his routine and for once tasted it how to live as anonymous. “We’ve been here forever, we deserved some light vacation, don’t you think?” his smile grew wider while Luhan still awestruck with his idea, “besides, you always curious with Earthian food, now is our time to taste, before we destroyed their civilization.”

*

Mingyu scrunched his face.

It smelled like ‘storm is coming’, he thought as he was led through tunnels and corridors. He brushed the bad feeling for now because thankfully, Marshal was too tired to be suspicious as to why his name was not on the list of recruits. The old man preferred to nag at Scoups for ‘dragging in stray-dog’ than investigated Mingyu’s blank hole of past.

For human, the world is nearing end for the past decades, so there are countless orphans out there with no government and no nation. It tickled Mingyu with sourness, to think how weak human were against the Giants. He heard stories about battle in the past, when Earth was still managed by Dinosaurs and their military was so strong, they wiped almost two-third population of Giants.

 “This is your room.” A Japanese girl with blue highlight in her hair –name tag showed Woozi- showed the barrack for him and explained to him about standard procedure as to live in military base. “You’ll share it with other recruits. Be nice and respect your mentor. We’ll see you again after you passed basic test.” And with not so much goodbye, she left.

She reminded him of Wives, the submissive in Royal’s Couple. Usually they had the same humanoid gender with their husband, only in smaller and feminine form. In contrast, they had higher level of power, mostly around lv.7 while their husband is in between lv. 4 or 5.  In appearance, Wives had calm and composed expression, while they smelled like flowers and sweets, just like this Woozi girl.

If Woozi is a Giant, she’ll be a beautiful one, especially if the blue highlight was also the color of her tail.

 “New recruit, huh?” a blond haired man with smiling eyes leaned on the bunk bed. It startled Mingyu for a moment because he was too captivated watching Woozi’s back that he didn’t realize he wasn’t alone in the room. Befuddled and wide eyed, he pierced his gaze at the blond, fascinated not only with the fair-haired man but also the similarity between the newcomers scent with Woozi.

 “I’m Hoshi, nice to see you.” the stranger greeted him with a nod.

He nodded too, mimicking, “I’m Mingyu.” He said, all in while holding itchy question on his lips, as to why this guy smelled a lot like her and why it troubled him, “are you and that girl…”

“Siblings?” Hoshi answered with a slight creepy smile, “Yes she’s my little sister.”

But it didn’t feel that way.

“It’s not like I think you’ll harm her or what,” the smile turned wide and it was confusing for Mingyu to see conflict in Hoshi’s gaze. Giants were usually very honest with their feeling despite their cold façade while human had complicated layers of emotion on their expression. “But you are not allowed to fancy her, for your own safety.”

If he could mention it one by one, there are jealousy, fear, guilt and also rage in Hoshi’s gentle offer. And that was intriguing.

So he dared to ask, “Why?”

The smile on Hoshi’s face faltered and in that flash of moment Mingyu could feel his body shivered in fear. It was ridiculous, he was even bigger than this guy in his humanoid form, but for that second he could see the shadow of his father from Hoshi’s gaze, and as the highest level Giant in their realm, his father is way too frightening as enemy.

“I won’t ask, sorry.” He added, immediately.

“Oh don’t frighten out.” Hoshi chuckled, “I’m just pretending to bully you.” though the words could lie, Hoshi’s scent told him those threats are the truth. Mingyu kept it in his mind to stay away from Woozi as he could. “By the way, let’s go grab some lunch, I’ll introduce you to everyone.” With a pat on his back, Mingyu was dragged again elsewhere, “I’m a co-pilot to my dad’s Jaeger, we’re currently off duty. There’s also Seungkwan and Vernon who had to deal with Kaiju’s attack at Pacific. They’re really interesting couple, you know. I mean, how could two pilots hate each other?”

Mingyu sighed.

Honestly, how could a person talk so much?

“Are you scaring off the new guy again, Hosh?”

His heart skipped immediately, in reaction to the familiar voice. His gaze pierced at Scoups who leisurely sat on a metal chair while holding to an apple. Instantly, the details of the blond attacked him, from the pose, the flawless skin, the green orbs, the unruly blond hair, and now it felt like someone played battle drums inside his ribs.

It was hurt.

“Hello again, nice stuff.” Scoups grinned at him.

He was too dazed to answer.

“Aish, I only try to be friendly.” Hoshi pouted at Scoups.

“Have you told him to stay away from Woozi, then?”

 “Of course I had to warn him, she’s very coldblooded, even to me.”

“Maybe you should stop playing brother and sister and just ask her out.”

Mingyu watched the banter in between blonds, though at this point their voice became muted by how loud the mechanism in his mind. Questions after questions went unanswered as to why he became such a mess of feelings in front of Scoups. Maybe it because the man had dominant scent and masculine built while Scoups also had sparkling eyes and pouty lips. Maybe it was also the bittersweet joy that radiated from the pilot that enchanted Mingyu so much he turned into a stilled form.

He wondered if he was in a physical relationship with Scoups, would this human loved to be the receiver just like any submissive? Because Mingyu didn’t dare to decide it for Scoups.

 Wait, since when he changed his mission from observing Earthian into observing Scoups?

“Ming, are you good?” Scoups voice brought him back to reality and absently he shrugged,

“Yeah, I’m good.” Like hell I am.

“Would you like to go out with me, then?” Scoups asked, gaining shrieking shock from Hoshi and mentally shredded Mingyu into pieces. He watched over human for a long time to understand such phrase and its meaning –both literally or metaphorically- but right now he couldn’t think of anything as reply.

“Heeeeeeh, why are you asking him that, you creep!” Hoshi grumbled.

Scoups innocently laughed, “that’s how you ask someone out, Hoshi, it’s very simple. Sorry, Mingyu, I don’t mean ‘out’ as ‘dating’ but if you’re fine with it we can have lunch in the downtown. I know a nice hotpot restaurant from Jun.”

Goddess, these human are dangerous! They’re not attacking him physically, but could easily damage his mental health and he’s not even a day here!

He didn’t know what to say so he only nodded. He still needed to gather the remains of his shattered sanity.

“Great. Are you coming with us, Hoshi? Please don’t.”

“You’re really annoying, Scoups, you know that?”

*

 

 

Glass: had the same function with surveillance system

Gender: Aside Luhan, all Giants are male. Royals are the ones who awakened in the desert, they had desire and they can breed. They are born equally as guy but after they got married the wife -submissive one- can bear children.

Creation: Giant Soldier, created from stone and fire, very sturdy and strong and intelligent but without emotions and desire. They don't have humanoid form.

Farm: the place where Healer fixed dead Creation and made new one, taught them combat and knowledge about human.

 

 

okay, how was it?