Prologue

Monster

Luhan opened her eyes.

Floating in the blue bubble of her bed, her long and wavy pink hair covered little of her skin. She looked around and there’s an ache when she was greeted by the loneliness. In an elegant move, she stepped out her bubble and into her servants care. Without words they took care of her hair, her hygiene, her style for today, just so when she walked out of her chamber, she’ll be an avant-garde Goddess, married to the King’s realm and worshipped by its people.

 “…we’ve been waiting for million years for this. We won’t let this chance slipped away now.” As her steps approaching the War Council room, the gloominess in her flawless face slowly lifted and sparks of joy filled her to hear the low and husky voice belonged to her husband, tall and dark in his humanoid form, with hair so dark like coal and eyes colored as bright as gold. He wore sleeveless black battle suit with openings in the back to let out his spiked vertebrae, all the way to a long and dangerous tail behind him.

Earthian called him Kaiju – an extraterrestrial race which has ability to shape-shift into giant.

Luhan called him Beloved.

“We must invade Earth.” The King said in determination to his council, before he acknowledged her presence. “Oh, you’re up already, my love.”

Instantly, snow fell in glowing pink, raising heads at the ceiling though everyone knew Luhan was the source of magic. She was the Goddess, after all, the one who created this realm and gave these people the chance to build their Empire. When she was happy, the realm will be covered in sweet and fluffy weather such as flower rain or colorful snows, just like now. The King had to approach her and kissed her lips with a small reminder, “showing off again, are we?”

For courtesy, everyone left the room, because everyone knew their King and Goddess had no really sense of privacy. This realm had been theirs, whether it’s million years ago or million years in the future.

“I am supposed to angry at you.” Luhan sighed. Her voice was soft and a bit whiny. She always got a containing look from her husband in return, or if she was lucky, she’ll be showered with tiny bits of chaste kisses.

“But you know I had morning meeting.” Kai gave her an amused look, “Aint’ you had enough of me last night?” he squeezed her shoulder teasingly, where they cuddled in a corner couch, leaned to a round window. “Or…” a small smirk twisted his plump lips to see her blushing face, “Would you like to play this game, of you ignoring me all day while I tried thousands way to make you happy again?”

“That’s unfair.” Luhan whispered, her fingers reached up to caress Kai’s face, “I’m already happy meeting you.” She kissed him, locking her pink lips around his and let her power swirled from her pore, slowly enveloped him and radiated through the room.

Outside, the world of blue rained with sapphire gem dust, in which healing by touch.

*

Mingyu was what Earthian called ‘Level 5 Kaiju’ and he was sent to Earth to infiltrate the last base of Human Resistance in Taiwan. Instead dramatically coming out through portal in his true form, he was helped by a couple of Giants to distract Jaeger Patrol and swam to the nearest port. Born as the son of the King and Goddess, the Prince of Blue Realm had a complete humanoid form as tall teenager with jet black hair and silvery gray eyes. What used to be spikes on his back and his two tails, now they’re slithered into tattoos, though it concerned him too, if those markings would gain dangerous questions.

 In appearance, he looked so much determined and regal like the King, but he’s pretty much clueless as what to do now.

This was supposed his brother’s duty as oldest prince, but that arsehole lv.7 Kaiju named Taeyong had not a bit of patriotism, or at least political interest. Taeyong preferred to be a healer, the most boring job for such high level Giant.

“Err, excuse me?”

Just as he was about to give up and return into his world –hopefully the portal still there- a voice startled him. Mingyu glanced at his back and froze at the sight of her mother, in male form, standing casually in what human called ‘overall suit’ while chewing an apple, “this area is um… restricted. Though if you can tell a good story as in why you’re ended , I might let you go.” The stranger snickered.

To see the fair haired –because aside Goddess everyone are brunette in Blue Realm- and hazel eyed man that bearing a shadow of his mother, it took a while till Mingyu stopped gaping in disbelief and finally found his voice. “Uh…um…” he tried to recognize the language and pattern of speech of the human, “I swam here.” He said awkwardly.

“Figures.” The man snorted. Damn, it skipped his heartbeat.

 “But it doesn’t explain why you’re , bro.” the man gestured him to follow, “not that I’m against it, you did give a nice view but even in this wicked world, we still need a little courtesy, like at least you better not swim ‘’ when there’s Kaiju attack.” In daze, Mingyu was led into storage before the man stuffed him with similar overall, “use this. What division you’ve come from?”

“Division?” he repeated in confusion.

The man gave him a look and he seriously thought this was bad. He wasn’t good at lying or acting in general and in this case he’ll get found out.

It was unfair, someone shouldn't look so angelic like his Mum and sounded so manly in the same time.

“A recruit, perhaps?” the man tried again, “lately we’ve been gathering strangers to test them as my new pair of pilot.” There’s a cloud of sadness in his gaze just as he smiled and somehow it ached Mingyu deep, deep in his heart, “I lost my co-pilot around two months ago, and Marshal tried to cheer me up by lined strangers to peek into my mind, see if any of you can make strong connection with me and bear my sin.” More darkness swirled in the stranger’s gaze, as the man threw his gaze against the boundless sea. Love, grief, and vengeance were what Mingyu see and more likely, adored. Kaiju had thick skin and stoic façade, so it was fascinating to see all those energy radiated from one person at the same time.

“Oh, almost forgot. I’m Seungcheol. You can call me Scoups.” The emotion snapped away like it was drifted by wind, and when this man named Scoups turned at him again, Mingyu was showered with a dazzling smile and a friendly handshake, “welcome on board, uh…”

“Mingyu.” He said his true name, and he grabbed the offered hand.

He knew, when he followed Scoups to the lift, there’ll be danger to infiltrate as pilot than a simple staff. But he was curious with the system operation of Jaeger as well as he wanted to know more about Seungcheol. So he braced his heart and prayed to his mother’s bless, if getting found out is unavoidable at least his true form was enough to destroy this base to the bits.

*

 

How was it?