001

What a Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

001

 

YOU JUST ENTERED your classroom for your first class of the day, when you noticed a flock of girls around a particular table. You simply rolled your eyes as you walked towards it and cleared your throat rather loudly. On one hand, you were glad that you only had a few classes with him. You would probably not survive.

Why?

Because your boyfriend just had to be one of the most good-looking and sought-after males in school. You didn’t blame the girls for going after your boyfriend. After all, he was a talented football player with rather decent grades.

“Do you mind?” you said to the girls in an overly sweet tone, hoping they knew what it meant for them if they didn’t disappear from your sight in any second.

They immediately left your table, but not without muttering a few insults directed to you, but you could care less.

“Morning,” Sehun said to you with a half-smile, half-smirk. Although he never told you explicitly, you knew he liked it when you were jealous.

“I hate you, don’t talk to me until the class is finished,” you replied rather childishly. But you couldn’t help it.

Sehun was gorgeous in every possible way. Not only that, he was also the most perfect boyfriend and best friend a girl could ever ask for. Of course, there were some instances where you felt rather insecure about your relationship and wondered whether you were actually fit to be his girlfriend or not, but he managed to erase all those doubts away, no matter how.

“Oh, come on babe,” he cooed and tried to give you a kiss on your temple, but you lightly shoved him away with a small laugh. From that, he knew that he was automatically forgiven a little. “They were just asking me for the upcoming project that’s due in a week.”

You gave him a look, but didn’t press on the matter any further. It wasn’t like you guys to fight over meaningless things either.

“You have no right to be mad at me, anyway.” He poked your sides, making you giggle and squirm at the same time. You tried to stifle your giggles, because your teacher was about to come in anytime soon and you wouldn’t want him to see you as an unserious student.

“Oh, really?” You titled your head to the side. “Pray do tell?”

This time, it was his turn to roll his eyes. “You’ve got to be kidding me! Don’t tell me you didn’t see how those guys were ogling at you during your cheerleading practice!”

People would think that you two were meant to be. Star of the football team and head cheerleader—it was like a match made in heaven. But that was so far from the truth. You were not only busy with cheerleading and student council stuff; you were also busy with volunteering at the hospital for children. You barely had any time for dating.

Sure, you had your own group of admirers, but you couldn’t possibly compare yourself to Sehun. Despite your numerous activities, you weren’t really someone that grabbed other people’s attention, anyway. At least, until you started dating Oh Sehun.

“They’re my teammates, Sehun,” you told him with a snort. “You have nothing to be worried about.”

“Right, because teammates definitely hold you in that way.”

You didn’t say anything because you knew what he was referencing to. He was probably talking about the partner stunts where the flyers (aka the girls on the top) were partnered up with a guy and they had to lift the girls up in the air by themselves only.

However, you did let out a sigh. You didn’t want your boyfriend to sulk and pout all day just because of this. So, you started peppering him with light kisses on his cheek until he finally started to smile, unable to stay mad at you anymore.

“I hate you, don’t talk to me until the class is finished,” he ended up saying, but you still laughed because he just repeated the same words you’ve said to him just as he greeted you morning earlier on.

“Love you too,” you said right after the teacher entered the classroom.

SPEAKING OF football, there was a match at your university today. Since it was a very much anticipated match, the school’s dean and sports’ department’s head made a special request to the head coach and asked if the cheerleaders could perform at the football game’s half-time.

Although your coach did sign a contract that stated that the cheerleaders would participate and perform at every half-time possible, she always avoided them because she knew just how dreadful they were, especially since everyone thought that cheerleading wasn’t necessarily a sport.

But the whole team didn’t have much of a choice. If it weren’t for Sehun, you would probably try and find an excuse to not perform either. You had better things to do than to listen other people make fun of you, your teammates and your sport.

After forty-five minutes, it was time for the cheerleading performance. You were not too ecstatic and you tried to delay your arrival to the field as much as possible until your coach shouted your name.

You were about to run towards your team when suddenly an arm grabbed you and pulled you back. You let out a little “oomph” as you were met with a sturdy chest and you looked up to find Sehun grinning down at you like a little child.

“Nice job back there,” you said while fixing his hair. He was sweaty but you didn’t care. You were used to it.

“Don’t I get a reward?” he asked and then pouted his lips.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter