Epilogue

Wake Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This is the sad & angsty ending for 'Wake Up' so if you are looking for the happy ending, please click 'previous' to go to Chapter 2!

 

---

 

Yoona didn't know if she had been into hell or not, maybe even worse as she recalled every single detail that happened on this day. She couldn't imagine what would happen if she didn't bring Minguk to the hospital to visit Yuri who was supposed to be in a coma still. To both their astonishment, she was already awake.

 

Flashback. 

“Y-Yuri?”

Minguk was now a sobbing mess, his face buried into the back of Yoona's legs as he kept himself hidden from Yuri's sight. He knew who exactly his other mother was and to see her suddenly waiting for them like that. Yoona's heart was breaking into pieces with every audible sob that came from Minguk, he had never cried so heavily before. 

Yoona held onto Minguk's hand tightly, even she needed some strength or support in times of need like this. 

Carefully making her way to the bed, Yoona could only pray her legs wouldn't give way and send her crashing to the ground. Yuri's eyes were still staring straight at her, as if they could see through her body and into her soul. Yuri had definitely lost a lot of weight, since her nutrition and proteins could only come from a tube and not as solid food. 

“Y-Yoong…” Yuri stuttered, clearing multiple times; she wasn’t used to speaking after not even opening for three years straight.

It didn't take long for Yoona to come crashing into her arms, her head now deeply buried against her shoulder. Yuri's injuries from the car crash had pretty much healed all over except that now she was awake and off life-support, the coming 24-48 hours were crucial to see if Krystal's heart was still functioning well. Yuri couldn't tell Yoona that though, they had already missed out on spending time together - all she wanted was to make up for it and acknowledge her son who would be 3 years old by now.

“Minguk-ah…” Yoona said, pulling the teary little boy behind her, “this is your Umma… remember the pictures I showed you last time?”

Minguk tried his best to remember, his face unconsciously scrunching up into a confused yet adorable expression and it made Yuri want to cry. Her tears welled up at the corner of her beautiful eyes, seeing how much Minguk resembled Yoona at specific moments; it was exactly what they were aiming for and thank God it succeeded. 

Yuri almost broke down when she heard Minguk splutter the words 'Yuri-umma' through his tears. For three years, Yuri hadn't had the chance to acknowledge her son and have a feel of how motherly love felt like. Now that it was facing her head on, Yuri felt as if her heart was about to burst and sparks were bursting out of every fibre of her being. 

Yoona caressed Yuri's head, “baby, stop crying… Minguk’s waiting for you to give him a hug…” Heck, even Yoona couldn’t control her own tears, who was she to ask Yuri to stop crying? 

Minguk almost fell backwards when Yuri's arms swooped down and scooped him into her arms, Yuri's nose buried against Minguk's soft brown locks. He started to cry again when he felt Yuri's tears wet his t-shirt, his heart was hurting for some reason but he didn't know why. He was about to ask Yoona why his chest hurt but he saw Yoona crying as well and he cried more. 

The family of three took their time to calm themselves and were now sitting together with Minguk comfortably sitting on Yuri's lap. Yuri and Yoona were simply gazing into each other's eyes time and again, the love and sparks flying between them was still evident even after three years of being together. Minguk wasn't just oblivious, he was completely unaware that his parents were on the verge of kissing.

Yoona was inching closer and closer but Yuri was backing further and further; don't get her wrong, Yoona's lips looked amazingly delicious but she wasn't going to kiss her when their son was sitting in between them. “Yoong!” Yuri mumbled urgently when Yoona’s face was right in front of hers, barely inches apart though Yuri couldn’t inch her face any further.

Yoona frowned, “What?”

Yuri cocked an eyebrow and gestured to Minguk sitting on her lap, suggesting that it most definitely wasn’t the time to have a good kiss. Yoona rolled her eyes and raised her hand, moving her index finger back and forth in a come-here motion; if she wanted to kiss Yuri, she was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter