Final

Wake Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona looked around her room with a blank gaze; it was completely bare and spacious now. She could remember the times where she shared her room with her; where they had pillow fights, playful kisses that eventually led to something else and most of all, where they always re-established their emotional connection in between them in between nights. She wanted those days back; it was the most precious time of her life.

A knock on the door broke Yoona out of her trance.

“Yoong?”

It was Taeyeon; that familiar sympathetic look on her baby-face, telling Yoona that it was time to leave the house. Yoona nodded and brushed the tear that was threatening to fall a minute ago, “I know, Unnie. Just… just give me a minute to reminisce. I… I miss her so much.” Yoona sniffled, covering her face with a hand as she took deep breaths.

Taeyeon’s heart softened significantly and she made her way over to Yoona, gently placing her hands on Yoona’s waist. “Yoong, I know it’s hard on you but you have to stay strong… for Minguk and yourself.” Taeyeon said, rubbing the sides of Yoona’s waist to support the younger one. Yoona nodded knowingly and turned around, burying her face into Taeyeon’s neck.

As the two women shared a comforting moment in Yoona’s room, another group of women were downstairs entertaining a little boy who resembled Yoona in every way possible.

“Minguk-ah, do you ever miss your Umma?”

“HYOYEON!!”  

Everyone shouted in unison, throwing daggers at the woman who never seemed to be able to ask the right questions at the right time. The blonde woman pouted and turned back to Minguk, patting his head with an apologetic expression. Minguk, being the cutie pie who took after his other mother, simply cupped Hyoyeon’s cheeks before nuzzling his nose against hers.

“Honestly, Hyoyeon,” Sunny murmured, “you’re lucky Yoong isn’t here or she would have your head by now.” Tiffany nodded eagerly in agreement, pointing at Hyoyeon before making a slicing motion across . Hyoyeon snorted and tossed a cushion at Tiffany’s face, “don’t be such an extra, Fany. I didn’t ask for the extra animation beside.”

“AUNT HYO!” Minguk cried out, smacking his hand upon Hyoyeon’s lips, “don’t be so mean to Aunt Fany!”

Tiffany had a triumphant eye-smile on her face as she picked little Minguk into her arms, throwing him into the air before catching him securely. She nuzzled her nose into Minguk’s chubby cheeks, “you always take my side, Minguk-ah. I love you soooo muchhhh!” Minguk giggled heartily and buried his face into Tiffany’s neck, hiding his pink cheeks from everyone.

Jessica sat quietly in the corner, staring at a rather familiar picture on her iPhone 6. She missed her best friend deeply; even though she knew her best friend was in a much better place than here, she wanted to be selfish for a moment and have her back by her side. She felt a sense of emptiness whenever she was with the girls, knowing her whipped prankster isn’t around to defend her anymore.

A hand enveloped hers, “I miss her too, Sica…” Jessica looked up and saw Sunny’s tears welling at the corner of her bunny eyes. Sunny opened her arms and offered Jessica a hug, which the latter jumped at. As Jessica and Sunny shared a comforting embrace, their tears started to spill a little more – in remembrance of a familiar person.

 

-

 

Yoona held onto Minguk’s hand as they walked along towards the array of tombstones laid out on the ground. Minguk’s grip tightened on Yoona’s hand as he cowered behind her leg, “Mommy… where are we?” Yoona reached down and ruffled Minguk’s hair, “we’re going to visit someone, baby.”

The girls followed from behind, holding onto their own bouquets of flowers as well as items. Tiffany held onto Sooyoung, her eyes burning with tears as they walked even closer, “I… I miss her, Soo…” Sooyoung kept her silence but her hand was rubbing Tiffany’s back gently.

Taeyeon had the most responsibility at the moment, holding onto both Jessica and Sunny, which she didn’t mind because in all honesty, she would rather this than have her suffering in pain through the last few years of her life. She tightened her grip on both Jessica and Sunny’s waists, moving closer to the tombstone before Yoona and Minguk did. 

“Hey…” Taeyeon bent down and lifted her hand, gently brushing off the dust that had gathered around her picture, “I hope you’re watching over your ex-girlfriend in the hospital…”

Jessica took a step forward before falling to her knees, weeping in front of the tombstone like her life depended on it. She covered her face as she sobbed loudly, “S-Soojung… h-how are you u-up there? A-Are you d-doing fine?”

No one said anything.

No one could say anything.

Yoona felt her guilt double as she looked at Minguk, her only source of happiness at this current moment.

 

Flashback.

Yoona was 8 months pregnant but she felt as if her stomach was going to burst anytime soon. She held onto her stomach and struggled to get off the bed; she knows she isn’t supposed to walk around but she needs to move around or else she was really going to burst. She took deep breaths and placed her hand underneath her stomach, supporting her bulging belly.

“Yoona!” Taeyeon shouted, running to the fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter