Epilogue

Wake Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This is the happy ending for 'Wake Up' so if you are looking for the sad & angsty ending, please click 'next' to go to Chapter 3!

 

---

 

She rested her hands on the railing of the balcony, looking out into the starry night. Squeezing her eyes shut, she could almost see the future staring back at her and a smile formed upon her lips - the future was beautiful and it was something to be anticipated. 

“Mommy!”

With that loud squeal, Yoona felt a pair of arms hug her leg tightly along with a small body clinging to her lower body. She ruffled Minguk's hair and bent down to pinch his cute button nose, “yes, why are you screaming for me again?” Minguk was about to respond when the door slammed open, revealing his catcher that he had been running from.

“Mommy, help! The monster is here to catch Minguk!”

“Yah…” the figure dropped the blanket and pouted, “that’s being way too mean, Minguk!”

Yoona smiled and scooped Minguk into her arms, “Stop being such a baby, Yuri.”

Yuri pouted even more and walked towards Yoona, wrapping her arms around both her wife and her son. “You’re always siding with Minguk…” Yuri whined, burying her face into Yoona’s neck. Minguk giggled happily against Yoona’s chest; Yuri would never win against him if they were to vie for Yoona’s affection. 

“Well, he’s my son. Who am I supposed to side with if not him?”

That being said, Yoona would never forget the time where she and Minguk had gone to the hospital to visit the comatose Yuri just like they had done every evening for the past three years. It was that particular day they had visited Krystal’s grave before heading to the hospital that Yoona had nearly got a heart attack.

 

Flashback.

“Y-Yuri?”

Yuri was sitting upright on the bed, her back resting against the headboard as her eyes were fixated on the door, as if she had been waiting for them to come since forever. Yuri’s eyes were blank and dull but Yoona could swear that she saw them light up when her eyes landed upon her and Minguk. Minguk was too afraid to look, peeking from behind Yoona’s leg every now and then. 

Yoona's eyes were watery at the sight of her lover staring at her with those big chocolate orbs she loved. She couldn't remember the last time she looked into Yuri's eyes; those comforting eyes that had made reality so much more bearable everytime she needed someone.

“Y-Yoong…” Yuri mumbled, her right hand weakly reaching out from the bed. Yoona hurriedly rushed over, leaving Minguk standing at the door alone; all she wanted now was to hold Yuri in her arms and never let her go again.

A small gasp left Yuri’s lips when she felt Yoona’s arms around her, cradling her head to her chest; her head still fit in the crook of Yoona's neck perfectly. The sound of Yoona’s heartbeat echoing through Yuri’s eardrums were like the perfect melody for Yuri to fall back asleep to but she didn’t want to – if falling asleep meant not seeing Yoona for eons again, Yuri would never sleep again.

Once was enough.

Yoona pressed her lips against the side of Yuri’s head, her tears steadily rolling down her cheeks – how long has she not had Yuri in her embrace like this? The only times Yuri allowed herself to be cradled was when she was feeling weak or emotional but Yoona couldn’t be bothered to care about that anymore; Yuri was hers and she was finally awake.

Yuri understood that Yoona must have missed her but her curiosity was killing her and her heart was overwhelmed, seeing the little boy standing at the door with his eyes wide in confusion and fear. She held onto Yoona’s hands and rubbed the back of it tenderly before prying her arms off her body, “Y-Yoong? Is that…” Yoona followed Yuri’s gaze and smiled, beckoning Minguk to come to where she is, “Yes, he is… he’s missed you, Yul.” 

Oh my God. 

Her heart pumped faster with every step Minguk took towards the bed, finding an uncanny resemblance to Yoona - it was obviously the son that they were supposed to have three years ago. 

“M-Mommy…” Minguk stuttered, about to start crying as he placed his hands on Yoona’s lap, “I’m… I’m s-scared…” 

Well, of course Yuri was hurt but she couldn't blame him - Minguk had been around for almost a full three years now and she hadn't been able to acknowledge him even once. As to how she knew how long she had been in a coma, the doctor had already briefed on the duration as well as memories that were made right in this room. 

A perfect example would be when Yoona had brought Minguk here for the first time, her eyes twinkling with a tinge of happiness but behind all that was merely a void of emptiness. 

Yuri was apologetic and she had sobbed her heart out when she asked about Krystal, the revelation of Krystal passing on had killed her. What killed her even more was that Krystal's heart was now pumping blood to all parts of her body - her heart had started to bleed excessively and to the point of no return which was why Krystal's heart was donated to her. 

Yuri didn’t know whether to be grateful for Krystal’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter