The Start Of It All

Fight For Leadership
(Sehun's Pov)
 
It's December 28th and it has been six days since Dad died and Mom's been keeping the pack together but without an alpha.. she can't do much.
 
Now, let me be honest... I'm ing scared. In April, the pack elders decided that they want my brothers and I to fight for the title of Alpha. It would be okay for me if I knew what my talent was.
 
A talent is different from the powers we possess. A talent is something that takes eighteen years to manifest a shifter's wolf, and the parents of that wolf can sense it before the child knows it. My brothers all have their talents and they've trained with the best in our pack. For some reason, no one could sense my talent... since I never got trained like my brothers. I asked Mom if I was taken in after being abandoned, but she always said that having me was the best day of her life. When Mom’s first three sons were born, no health problems occurred for her. Chanyeol, however, caused her to have ovarian cancer so she'd always tell me I'm her little miracle.
 
My brothers are all older than me. I should learn my talent this year, since I'm seventeen but we (my family unit) don't know what to expect.
I know I haven't explained powers... I'm getting to it now. So, powers are something a wolf is born with. Luckily, I have my power! I can control the wind. Chanyeol's power is Fire, Kyungsoo's power is Earth, Suho's power is Water, and finally Minseok's power is Snow.
I tend to overthink the whole 'I-don’t-have-a-talent' thing, but it bought me close to my mom. Something the others aren't.
 
"Hunnie? Where are you?" Mom was mind-linking me. (I'll explain later...) 
"In my room. What's wrong? Has Chanyeol burnt something down or has Suho been flooding the bathroom again?" I replied.
"No... Well, actually yes, Suho has been flooding the bathroom again... but that's not the point. Do you want to come down and make pancakes and watch movies like we used to?" she asked. I smiled softly. 
"Sure. I'll be down in a moment."
 
Mind-linking is when you focus on a certain person and talk to them through their thoughts, their minds. It makes life easier when living the way we do.
 
I jump off my bed, placing my bluetooth headphones on my pillow and shutting off my laptop. I made my way to the trap door on the floor, pulling the handle towards the roof. I place my hands and feet on the ladder and quickly climb down, out of the attic. Lucky me, I get the highest room in the house, being the youngest child. Mom always makes sure it doesn’t get too hot during the boiling summers or too cold during the harsh winters.
 
In the kitchen, I found Mom dressed in her favourite black jeans and a light purple top. She had the radio playing, singing along to BlackPINK's ‘BoomBayYah’. She loved that song, it made her smile and that's all I could ever ask for.
 
"Mom, you ready?" I said. My voice startled her, causing her to jump, letting out a small yelp. She turned around, a hand placed over her chest and her eyes wide, glaring at the grin breaking onto my face. 
"Holy cow, Kim Sehun! Do not scare me like that!" She reached to slap my shoulder, but I moved away. Her face softened, a beautiful laugh escaping her lips.
"Well, you said we were making pancakes so I came down." I laughed along.
 
We spent our time together listening to the songs that came on the radio and flipping pancakes. The next song that came on was Jessie McCartney's Beautiful Soul. I began singing along.
 
"You’re the one I want to hold, I don't want a minute to go to waste, I want you and your beautiful soul. Yeah~" 
"I love it when you sing, sweet pea." She smiled. We took our plate of pancakes and bowls of Nutella and honey over to the sofa and switched on Netflix. 

We agreed to watch Beauty and the Beast.
"So Hunnie, I was thinking...”Mom started. “I know you and your brothers are unmated, but your father's friend is coming over with his sons. I know you'll get along greatly with all of them."
"You think one of them could be my mate?" I asked.
"Yes. And one of his eldest son's, Kris, is going to take over as alpha and I think they will accept you into their pack." 
"But what if they don't like me?" 
"Hun, you've been great with people and you do well keeping friendships lasting between packs." 
"I guess you're right. When do they arrive?" 
"In an hour."
"MOM! Where are they staying?!" 
"Here."
"CRAP! I'm gonna go clean the bedrooms, all of them! Then I'll have to get changed!" I said, running upstairs.
 
I decied to start in Chanyeol's room. He's the messiest. I grabbed all of his dirty washing and threw it over the balcony to Mom, who would put it in the washbasket. I then proceeded to make his bed and neaten up the room. I grabbed all the dishes he left lying around and took them down to the kitchen.

Then I went into Kyungsoo's room. It was pretty clean expect from the stack of dirty washing in corner of the room. I threw it over the balcony and did the same in Suho and Xuimin's rooms. I got to my room, threw my washing down and cleaned up. 
I started digging through my wardrobe until I found a pair of black skinny jeans, a black top and a shirt. I got changed out of my sweatpants and hoodie and put the outfit on. Looking at my reflection in the mirror of the wardrobe and nodded at myself. “This will have to do.”
 
 
 
"Jiyong! It's been too long!" Mom smiled, throwing her hands around the red haired man’s shoulders. 
"Nana, it’s good to see you. You still haven't changed, still beautiful as always. We bought some flowers for you and our condolences. I do wish Ilsung had lived." He said sadly. 
"It was bound to happen.” She sighed, then turned to me, offering me a warm smile. “This is Sehun. My youngest son. The other four are out training, they will be back later tonight." Mom said. 
"Well then Sehun, it's great to meet you. You do look a lot like your father.” He shook my hand. “These are my son's. Kris, our next Alpha, Kai, our next Beta, Chen, the best hunter we have, Baekhyun, our negotiations leader and Lay, our healer." He then turned to a younger looking boy. “This is Luhan, our best fighter. Don’t be fooled by his innocent face, he could break your arm easily.”
Kris was tall, most likely Chanyeol's heigh, and had a cold expression and bleach blond hair. Kai was more my height, dark skin tone, warm smile and black hair. Chen was about Suho's height, amazing cheekbones and naturally brown hair. Baekhyun was maybe Minseok's or Kyungsoo's height and he was actually quite pretty, his hair was dyed purple and his eye smiles are adorable. Lay was between my height and Suho's height, his hair also blond and those dimples would make anyone melt.
 
Luhan... He had my attention. His small features were beautiful, his lips so pink and lush, his eyes were like hazel pools of beauty and his ginger hair made him all the more cute. His frame was small about the same as Kyungsoo's or Minseok's. He looked so delicate, but I have no doubt he was a good fighter. 
I used my power to catch his scent and I was taken aback by how good he smelt. Like strawberry and key lime pie.
"Our pack is yet to decide on the Alpha. My brothers and I must fight to win the position. Though if I'm honest, they all have their talents and I still don't know mine." I said to Jiyong. 
"I understand your position, Sehun. I was actually in your place. I found mine when I needed it most, it turns out I was a fighter." He smiled.
 
We welcomed them in and Mom mind-linked my brothers to tell them we had guests. When they arrived home at  6pm, they introduced themselves to Jiyong and his sons.
 
We had dinner together and I continued to remain silent throughout, after Jiyong told me what he had I needed to process things and I just had a lot in my mind.

I was walking past one of the guest rooms, after grabbing a glass of water for the night, when I heard Luhan and Baekhyun talking.
"Lu, I swear that Chanyeol guy is so cute. His ears are adorable." Baekhyun said. Luhan hummed a reply. 
"What's wrong man? You sick?" Baekhyun asked.
"No, but I think that Sehun's either really nervous or really shy. I like him, don't get me wrong, but I think he had some stuff on his mind." Luhan said.

 
I knocked on the door gently.
 
"Who is it?" Baekhyun called.
"Sehun." I replied.
"Come in." He said. 
"I just wanted to check up on you two and see how you felt after today." I smiled. 
"We are good thanks, have you seen anyone else?" Luhan asked.
"No. Actually, I feel like you two have quite easy going personalities and I'm kinda nervous to talk to your brothers..." I admitted. 
"Don't be! We are all rather easy going unless threatened." Baekhyun laughed. I smiled in return.
"Anyway I'm headed up to my room, if you need anything or you wanna talk, I'm up in the attic.  So I'll see you both tomorrow! Goodnight!" I smiled.
"Night!" they said in unison.
 

I walked out and up into my room, placed my water on my bedside cabinet and put my headphones away. Streaming my music to my radio, I put on Jesse McCartney's Beautiful Soul and fell asleep.


 


 


Sam: *sips rockstar* mmmmmmm

KJK: how many bloody cans have you drank this time? And where’s mine?!
Sam: *lowers can* uhhh...here??
KJK: *facepalms* anyway, here it is! First chapter of Fight For Leadership!
Sam: *grabs party hats and throws confetti* Yay!!
KJK: Hope you guys liked it, it’s about to get a lot more interesting so be sure to follow the updates!!
Sam: *sips more rockstar* Subscribe, comment, favourite, upvote, do whatever you want to do with this story! Except report it.. please don’t report it..... please
KJK: I’m pretty sure they won’t do that, aight? Anyway, good bye guys!!
Sam: Sam out!