Chapter 1 - The Rejection

Miss Athena's Love Rejection

Nobody's POV

7.30a.m. At the Choi’s family mansion…

“ARRGH!!! WHERE IS MY GLASSES?!?!?! I’m so going to be in detention class today,”__________’s voice boomed throughout the whole mansion. She runs here and there checking for her glasses and throws anything that is in her way.

“Chill, girl. If I remember correctly, your glasses are on the shoe rack. Why don’t you try checking it there?” Sung Jung’s calm voice interrupts __________’s frustrated mind.

Upon hearing what her elder sister just told, she runs to the shoe rack quickly. Finding it there, laying on the shoe rack, she grabs it and put it on. She walks to Sung Jung’s room and hugs her tightly. “Thanks, Noona. You’re the best!!!”__________ says to her with much appreciation.

“Umm… Yeah. Now, shouldn’t we head to school now?” Sung Jung asks her dear sister.

“Oh, okay!!! Just wait a minute. I need to get my school bag,”__________ says to her sister before rushing into her room. In a few minutes, she returns with her school bag. “Okay, let’s go!!! Bye, Omma, bye, Appa” __________ says and make a dash into the car.

In the car, a few blocks away from SM High School...

“Butler Cho, you may stop at here. I will be walking to school from here” __________ tells the chauffer aka Sung Jung’s butler.

“Okay, Young Miss. Have a nice journey to school,” Butler Cho heed __________’s words and stops the car.

“Don’t worry, I will. Bye, noona,” __________ says her farewell and starts her day walking to school. Upon reaching her school, she sees her friend, Park Yun Ae, waiting anxiously for her. She feels gracious to her for waiting. “Yun Ae-sshi, sorry for making you worry and wait for me. I searched for my glasses before coming to school. You know right? How bad my eyesight is these days? But anyways, I found it, so here I am, standing in front of you,” __________ says in one breath and looks at Yun Ae’s face with big doe eyes. __________ hopes that she’s not mad at her.

“Hahaha!!!!! __________ you silly girl, I’m not mad at you and I understand your situation,” Yun Ae says while trying to control her laughter that’s about to burst again. “Let’s get to class before Mrs. Gong arrives,” Yun Ae says with a serious face.

They walk together to class and sit at their seats just before the said teacher arrives.

 

__________’s POV

Lunch break at the cafeteria...

‘Should I confess    or should I not? But it has already been 5 years, so what am I afraid of? Will he accept me?’ Then, my trains of thought are interrupted by what seems to be Yun Ae’s voice. “Earth to Choi __________ . Yo, hello __________ are you there?”  “Huh? Umm… Yun Ae? Did you call me just now?” I ask when I hear her voice.

“Well, for sure. Did you hear what I told you just now? I bet the answer is no, right? That’s why I call you. Where have you been? __________-sshi, is there anything wrong? I’m sure it’s not studies since you’re the Athena of 1st year. If there’s any problem, don’t hide it. Just share it with me. I might help you,” Yun Ae voice out her concerns.

I feel guilty towards her but I can’t bring myself to tell her my problems. “Sorry, Yun Ae-sshi, I have no problems. I was just thinking of how great having a good friend like you. What have you been talking about?” I reply back hoping that she did not realize that I am lying to her.

Yun Ae’s face lifts up. “Aww, what a cute thinking you have; to think of me that way. You’re great, too. Now, back to what I’m talking about. Well, I was telling you how much Ricky wants to improve his grades. So, I ask him to get help from you, but he rejected it saying that he’s just a low IQ person which cannot compare with the class’ almighty Athena. Plus he will not understand what you teach since you have a complicated brain AND he asks ME to teach him instead,” Yun Ae says to me with a sigh.

I laugh at how humorous the way Ricky described himself and me. “That’s great. You get to be your boyfriend’s tutor. Why are you sighing for then?” I ask her with a questioning look on my face.

“Chinca, that’s great. But how am I supposed to help him? I never tutor anyone before. Plus I don’t know the method of teaching a person like Ricky. I don’t think I can stand tutoring him. You know how I would forgive Ricky and not get mad with him easily, right?,” Yun Ae explains to me. “__________-sshi, do you know the method? Can you please help me? Please, almighty Athena, with a cherry on top,” Yun Ae begs me.

“Yun Ae, you don’t need to ask so desperately. Just once is enough. I’ll tell you how to tutor him but not here, at the cafeteria full of students who may hear the contents of our conversation. Maybe you’ll like to come to my house later? I’m sure my unnie will be very happy to have you with us. She hasn’t talk to you for quite a long period,” I cheer her up.

 “Omo, CHINCHA?!?! I love you, chingu. I miss your sister, too. She’s so busy as the Vice President. I’ll come to your house at around 7 o’clock, then. Is that fine?” Yun Ae says and hugs me tightly.

“Yun Ae-sshi, I cannot breathe. Please loosen the hug now and finish up our food. The bell is going to ring,” I say. She let go of her hug and we quickly finish up food.

 

Kim Jaejoong’s POV

Lunch break, At the Music Room

“Jaejoong Oppa~,”

 I heard Jessica coos. I can feel myself having goose bumps now. “Yes, Jessica? Why do you call me to meet you in the Music Room?” I ask her politely.

“Oppa, will you be my boyfriend?” Jessica says out and looks at me pleadingly.

‘What the hell? Since when did she love me? Plus how am I supposed to love her when I definitely hate her?’ “Umm… can you give me time to think first? I’m not sure how to answer your… uh… propose.”

 “Oh, okay… but remember to give me the answer as soon as possible. And try not to ruin your appa’s friendship with my appa, arrasso?” she replies. That had me thinking whether she’s trying to threaten me? Yah! I’m who? Excuse me; I’m the ALMIGHTY KIM JAEJOONG. Who is she to threaten me?

“I will. May I leave now?” I ask her and smile. She did not answer my question, so I just leave her in the Music Room. Who would want to be stuck in the same room with her after the thing that she just did? I am about to reach the cafeteria when suddenly… the bell rings. ‘Oh great, I have just missed my lunch and now, I have to run all my way to the classroom just because of stupid Jessica’.

Thankfully, I reach the classroom before the teacher did. “Hyung, what kept you from lunch?” Changmin, my dongsaeng inquire. He and the others know that I would not skip my lunch for small matters. But what am I supposed to reply him? I was in the Music Room with Jessica who just confessed to me? “Nothing. I just went to the library. I have some research to do” I reply. “But…” “Good afternoon, class” Changmin’s words are cut by our strict Mathematics teacher, Madam Kang. I thank her in mind for saving me from Changmin’s gazillion questions.

I stayed awake for Maths, wouldn’t want Madam Kang to throw the dusty duster at any of my body parts, would I? After her class, I peacefully slept my way through from to the last period of the class. Almost all the students were gone when Junsu woke me up, except those on duty, who’s Park Yun Ae and what’s her name? Oh well, I’ll just call her Miss Athena since that’s what our classmates call her for she is our class’ top student. Unfortunately, she’s a nerd.  I slung my school bag on my back, ready to go back home. I wait for Junsu to pack up his bag at the front of the class, near the exit. Believe me, he’s a slow poke.

“Umm… Kim Jaejoong, may I talk to you for a second?” I turn around to the source of voice. “Oh, it’s you…” OMFG, does she have to speak to me when I forget her name? “It’s Choi __________.” “Choi __________, yeah. I kind of blank out for a sec, so…. Anyway, what do you want to talk to me about?” I look at her. She seems to be uneasy standing here, talking with me.

“Can we talk in somewhere out of other people’s hearing range?” she asks me.

“Why? Sure, it’s okay,” I say, amused at her reaction that she displays on her face. “JUNSU, I’M GOING OUT FOR A WHILE. WAIT FOR ME, ARRASSO?” I shout to Junsu who’s still packing his bag. “ARRASSO,” I hear him shouts before I exit the class. __________ follows me obediently to the rooftop of our school building.

“So, what do you want to talk to me? I never speak to you before, except when our class needs help or etc.,” I say, trying to lighten the mood.

“Well… I… Umm… I… I have fallen in love with you for five years now, so…, I want to ask you… will you be my boyfriend?” she asks me.

"Pardon me? What did you just said?!?!" I must have problems with my hearing to hear her asking me to be her partner.

"Umm... will you ... be ... my partner?" I look at her in shock. Okay, I am certainly not having any problems with my hearing sense.

"Mianhe, but I have to reject you. I already have someone in my heart," I lie to her. I know it's cruel, but see it from my point of view; who will accept a nerd as their girlfriend except nerds? Plus, I'm one of the popular men in the school.

"O... okay, but I’m just wondering may I know who's the... lucky girl?" she asks me, sounding much more softer than her normal tone.

"She's ... Jess... Jessica," I say to her. She looks like as if she's torturing herself just to hear my answer which is definitely not true. I just say Jessica because she’s one of the most influential queenka in school.

“Oh, it’s Jessica! Well, hope you’ll have a long-lasting and happy relationship with her then,” she says and tries to smile at me. It doesn’t work though.

“Yeah… thanks…” “Pardon me because I need to leave now since Yun Ae must be wondering where I have gone to for such a long time” she cuts my sentence off before running off, leaving me, the Almighty Kim Jaejoong alone on the rooftop of the school’s building.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

Hi, everyone! I'm happy because first chapter, done. So, basically it's about how __________ got rejected by Jaejoong, her crush for 5 years, and some details about her school and friend, Park Yun Ae.  In conjunction with my happiness, there's nervousness on your reaction after reading the whole chapter. Please tell me your opinion and thoughts on this chapter by commenting on the comment area below.

For those who commented earlier, thanks for your support. I really appreciate them. Not to be forgotten, to my dear subscribers, who support me even before I post the first chapter, many thanks and I hope this chapter and other chapter that's more to come will make you all feel worth it for subscribing. Same goes to all commenter.

Oh, by the way, should I give a name to our main female character here or just leave it alone? Tell me, will you?

This is all that I could write for this chapter. Have a nice day and thanks for reading!!!