34: Jungyeon x Tzuyu

Countdown ☆ A Twice One-Shot Collection

“Okay,” Momo said, throwing herself into the seat opposite Jungyeon. “Dahyun agreed. I have a date for the Christmas party.”

“Oh, cool,” Jungyeon said, handing the menu over to her friend. “Pick out a food. I’ve pretty much decided.”

“What? Can’t you just buy everything and we’ll binge on it until dawn?”

“Just before your big break with Dahyun? Seriously?”

“Good point,” Momo said, taking the menu. “Anyway, I need you to get a date as well.”

Jungyeon froze. “What?”

“Well, it’s a date-only party, and I need a wingwoman. So you’re getting a date.” Momo tilted her head at the menu, eyeing the meals with the eyes of someone who wanted to eat everything. “Doesn’t matter too much. Just ask a friend.”

But then Jungyeon had an idea.

“No, I think I know who I’m asking.”

Momo glanced at Jungyeon only with her eyes, and the older girl shrugged.

“Don’t worry about it. I think the waitress is coming; I hope you’ve made your mind up.”

 


 

Jungyeon was stuffed when she got home, making it into the apartment building and sleepily pressing the right elevator buttons. Seeing a familiar girl moving towards the elevator, she rushed to hold the door open, and she watched her as she entered.

“Thanks,” she said, and Jungyeon cleared the way for her to press the right button. She was taller than Jungyeon, with long hair dyed a light brown colour. Her facial structure had been personally bestowed upon her by the single most generous angel imaginable. She was the most beautiful woman on the planet.

Jungyeon had been noticing her, Chou Tzuyu, she believed was her name, around the building for months, but recently she’d decided she actually wanted to get closer to her. She’d just been playing with the thought, unsure where else to go with it, until now, when they were alone in the elevator and Jungyeon needed a date for a party.

She opened to say something. The very beginning sounds of a ‘Hello’, however, were perfectly matched to the moment the taller girl's phone started ringing. The girl answered it, moving it to her head, and said something in a foreign language to her new conversational partner.

Great. Jungyeon sighed as she waited for the elevator to reach her level, trying not to pout.

 


 

She was there the next morning, too, still talking on the phone in that foreign language when Jungyeon entered to begin her day. She patiently stood still, listening to the other girl chattering as the lift slowly filled up, until it reached ground level and they all poured out, Jungyeon stony-faced as she wondered how to get through to the other girl before the RSVP date arrived.

 


 

“Okay, okay, this top and this skirt-”

“Didn’t the invite say casual?”

Momo froze, holding clothing in front of herself as she stared at her reflection. “You’re right.” She sighed, putting them away. “I don’t know what to do.”

“You have so much clothing already, though.”

“Yeah, but none of it’s right! This is important!”

“Dahyun will not notice if you’re wearing something you already owned.”

Momo sighed. “Yeah but- it needs to be right!” The blonde turned, looking at Jungyeon. “Anyway, how’s your date coming along?”

“Oh, great.”

Momo rolled her eyes, and Jungyeon remembered that she could read her mind.

“You know, as great as it can when I can’t get a word in edge-wise.”

“You’re going to need to hurry up,” Momo said, moving towards a clothes rack. “We’ve only got a few days.”

Jungyeon bit her lip, thinking it over. How was she going to talk to someone who hardly realised when she was present?

 


 

The next morning, Jungyeon had been feeling groggy and tired when she entered the elevator. Chou Tzuyu was there too, standing with her phone out, though she wasn’t talking on it this time. Again the elevator filled up, and then it reached the ground level, and then Jungyeon got sick of her impatience.

“Excuse me!” She called as the taller girl started walking away. She turned, blinking in a confused manner as Jungyeon suddenly realised she had no idea what to say or how to say it, especially when directly faced with those eyes. “I-is your name Google?”

Chou Tzuyu blinked again, tilting her head slightly.

“Because you have everything I’m looking for!”

A beat passed.

Chou Tzuyu closed her eyes and groaned loudly.

 


 

“That is the single worst way to get a date,” Dahyun deadpanned as she stood beside Momo, drink in hand as the party lights attempted to help them see, and in her peripheral vision Jungyeon saw the tall Chou Tzuyu nod quietly.

“Hey!” Jungyeon exclaimed at her date. “You’re not supposed to agree!”


a/n- ahh, this feels so bad and so short, sorry to all Jungtzu shippers out there! I just really needed to get something out so I could move on to the rest of my writing. Hope you enjoyed! And I think I've done enough begging for requests for the next few chapters :) (Though seriously, if you have any ideas-----)