Jealousy has its joy

Outside the Norm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



 

 







Yonghwa’s POV




It has gotten really awkward after I blankly stared at her like a lost boy who finally found himself. I was taken aback by how elegant and feminine she is wearing the one piece dress. I have always known she is very beautiful but right now in front of me seeing it in person feels like the world just stopped. She was already beautiful then but now she has fully bloom into a woman that even the whole nations adore. I feel like she saw my recent interviews about how I like a girl to dress. A girl who dresses femininely wearing one piece white dresses. The thing is no matter how she dressed and how she presents herself is going to be my ideal type.

To free ourselves from this kind of awkwardness I offered to cook ramen to change the atmosphere and I know she felt the awkwardness too. We were both really hungry and I have nothing really to offer her except that. It was also a good way to change the topic.

We made our way to the kitchen to check what was available. I found it really cute when she strongly disagreed against our dinner being the ramen. I know she was being playful and would raise any argument she would find rational. She was raising her concern that ramen wasn’t really a healthy meal and I would agree to that if I had other things to offer her. Slowly by having this silly conversation we found ourselves comfortable again. We really tried to keep a straight face by hiding our giggles and chuckles at each other but failing miserably.  We were basically helping each other steer away from the awkwardness I have caused by blatantly staring at her.

“  Just in case you forgot I am the customer and the customer is always right  “ She stated proudly claiming the right of a paying customer. I dismissed her idea as I told her she was eating for free. I should be the one who should be paid since I’m cooking for her and I was thinking of the right payment. ‘ Hmmm… A kiss maybe? ‘  I happily thought. I stopped myself from thinking of weird things as a chuckled myself silly.

I looked at her with the same silly grin and I know for a fact she is enjoying this back and forth of ours. I am clearly the childish one between the two of us but I’m really amaze how she can now rival my “chodingness” if that’s even a word and even surprised me how sometimes she surpassed me at some point. Her SNSD unnies have influenced her very much and finally the shell she has been hiding in before is now slowly disappearing.

I literally laugh out loud when I saw her clenching her fist to stand her ground and readying herself to come back right at me with a witty remark. I so wanted to pinch those pink chubby cheeks of hers but I just have to hold myself back.

I upgraded my choding antics just to prolong this conversation between us. I declared that I can make any meals healthy including the ramen by just adding green onions on it. She laugh at me so much because of what I said. I know I was being silly but the reward of the sound of her laughter ringing around the house was music to my ears. People haven’t really seen when she really lets go of herself, when she is comfortable enough with that person. I’m just glad that I’m one of those people who she let's see this side of hers. The free and uncaring of her image side.

I didn’t even notice that I was doing aegyo in front of her. ‘ Me the great Jung Yonghwa doing aegyo? That’s impossible ‘ I thought to myself. I would never be caught doing aegyo in front of other people however with her I just feel so comfortable that I also let go of myself and just enjoy the moment. People have said that she is boring and uptight but to people who really knows her she is someone who is willing to try anything once. She has an adventurous heart and the willingness to try things with people she’s close with. I’m just really happy and ecstatic at the same time that I’m one of those she doesn't hesitate to try things with. She trust me enough that I will never put her in harm's way and that I would never jeopardize the trust she has given me.

I don’t know what happened but during our cute little banter I froze up again and was caught staring with a silly smile on my face. She looked at me confused with those beautiful brown eyes

“ Whats with the bright smile oppa? You’re starting to weird me out  “ She asked me cutely. I thought she was going to avoid my stare but to my surprise she gave back every ounce of intensity I gave. I chuckled to myself as I thought that she really has become bold and brave with her actions.

I wanted to stare at her longer but I was getting embarrassed and she asked me a question that I haven’t answered yet because honestly I just love staring at her but I could not say that because she might think I’m a ert or something. In my confused state of panic or maybe a struck of genius I suddenly thought of the quote she said before.

“  You know Hyun, I also know another quote. This quote however is a very famous one from a great person  “  I solemnly said.

She was about to dismissed what I said by simply shrugging it off because she thought I was joking again. I intentionally went around in circles to build up the quote I was about to say. I told her about the positive impact the quote affected my life and how I face every challenges that comes my way with it in mind.

I can sense that she was starting to get anxious and irritated of how I keep hyping up what I was about to say.

“  Stop going around in circles oppa and just say it outright. You taught me that long time ago if I have something to tell you I need to say it right away and not go around in circles.  “  She said teasing me as I chuckled at that familiar sentence I said to her before.

“  People with good hearts are the ultimate winners  “  I simply said. I see that she was somewhat surprise of what I said and after a few seconds it dawned on her that she was the one who said it before. I noticed a tint of blush on her cheeks and she bowed her face trying to hide herself from my stares. I was about to call her attention to face me but suddenly she looked up with those questioning eyes looking for answers that I may be joking but I held my ground to prove to her I was serious. Finally she lovingly smiled at me that my heart fell again for her.

“  What? Why are you looking at me like that Hyun?  ”  I decided to more while I continued to prepare our dinner for the night. Then suddenly I got this brilliant idea! I looked back and winked at her and I know she was taken aback by that sudden gesture as her face turned into bright red. I praised myself for that idea as I chuckled in thinking that I still do have an effect on her.

“  I’m sorry this is all I could prepare for you I was not expecting to get visitors here  “ I said apologetically. I would have prepared a better meal if I knew she was coming to visit to cheer me up. I would have shown her what new dishes and recipes I have manage to learn for all those years we were apart. I also studied a lot of chinese cuisines in preparing for my recent film.


“  You were not expecting anyone or you were not expecting me? I bet you had other visitors before other than me. Perhaps some of them are girls.  “ I was stunned hearing this. ‘ Omo! Is she… is she perhaps jealous? ‘ I thought to myself.  I felt like I was floating on cloud nine. I don’t know but it felt like Christmas morning has come. ‘ What is this I’m feeling? Am I dreaming? Is this the culmination of my life’s hard work? ‘ I happily thought. I know I’m exaggerating a little but hey, it’s the first time I’m actually experiencing it from her. I didn’t even do anything to give her any indication or any provocation that made her jealous. I was a good boy here reflecting on my actions. I need to confirm this if my suspicions are true. She might not have realized or maybe she already did that her actions now certainly shows she is somewhat jealous and fishing for some answers. I just need to play it cool so I can prolong this and make her admit.

“  Bwoh?!  “  I looked at her surprised. “  What are you trying to imply Seo Juhyun that I had other people visit me especially girls?  “ I need to show my acting chops right now and show Seo Joohyun that me Jung Yonghwa has come a long way into acting. I need to pretend that I’m somewhat offended or hurt of what she said instead of showing my jubilation of her jealousy.

I look at her to assess if my suspicions were correct. In order to do that “Seo Joohyun’s jealousy checklist” should be complied. ‘ Hmmmm let me see, first, flaring nostrils. Omo! There she goes with her flaring nostrils, checked! ‘. Not long before I thought of the checklist her flaring nostrils made its grand appearance. I was holding my chuckles at how adorable she was. ‘ Okay what’s next?... Thats right! Her glorious pout. ‘ I thought to myself. Without a second’s hesitation matching her flaring nostrils is the emerging of her endearing pout. ‘ Waaa! I could die here right now and my life would be complete. How can anyone stand that cute and lovable combo of hers. ‘ To complete the checklist she should be crossing her arms right about now. Then it happened the Seo Joohyun’s jealousy checklist is complete. She leaned back on her chair crossed her arms wearing that adorable pout and flaring nostrils. I need to do something before I break character so I turned my back at her to continue cooking the ramen.

I know she was a little bit annoyed at how nonchalant I was regarding her fits of jealousy. She was expecting that I would be a little angry at least or show any violent reaction of her accusations but I need to keep my cool so that she would admit she was certainly jealous.

“  Does your silence means yes oppa~~?  “  She pressed for answ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter