end

Felicitous

 

Taekwoon wakes up to the sight of Hakyeon, face only a couple of inches away from him, eyelashes flutter in his sleep, lips slightly parted. His arm is getting numb since Hakyeon claims it as his pillow sometime around last night. So, he uses his other free arm to fix the strands of hair covering Hakyeon’s eyes causing Hakyeon to shift a little, eyes still closed. He still thinks Hakyeon is pretty even when he’s sleeping, and the sight makes his heart beats faster. And it doesn’t help calm his pounding heart when Hakyeon scoots closer to him, snuggling to his newfound warmth. Taekwoon thinks he can get used to this kind of beautiful morning, with them being so close, legs tangled together (well, minus the weird position because Hakyeon’s cast seems so out of place), but yes he likes this. A moment later, Hakyeon wakes up, blinking his eyes as he tries to rub away the sleepiness in his eyes, all the while facing Taekwoon. Oh yes yes Taekwoon is definitely looking forward to mornings like this.

“Good morning, Taekwoonnie” Hakyeon says smiling so wide it makes Taekwoon thinks how is it possible for someone to be this cheerful early in the morning, because Taekwoon is obviously not a morning person. But Taekwoon finds himself smiling back at Hakyeon, he has to admit Hakyeon’s smile is infectious. That or maybe Taekwoon is actually whipped like Jaehwan says he is. And Taekwoon can’t help but think that all these little things about Hakyeon is making him fall deeper for Hakyeon. (wow, Jung Taekwoon that is the most cringe-worth thing you’ve ever said) “Good morning Hakyeonnie. Did you sleep well?” He smiles even more seeing Hakyeon nodded. “I slept so well last night. You’re so warm Taekwoonnie” Hakyeon replies as he snuggles closer to Taekwoon, not realizing that doctor is slowly turning into a blushing mess. ‘My arm getting numb was definitely worth it’ crosses Taekwoon’s mind as he turns to wrap his arms around Hakyeon.

They stay like that for a while, until Hakyeon realizes something. “Oh, mommy?” Taekwoon thinks Hakyeon is probably still sleepy, but it didn’t seem like it since Hakyeon is looking through him. Or more specifically, looking over Taekwoon. ‘Oh that’s why’ Taekwoon looks back only to find two persons, a middle aged woman and a boy that looks younger than himself standing in front of Hakyeon’s room. Taekwoon is about to ask Hakyeon but said man has already made his way to the newcomers “Yeayy Hyukkie is back” Hakyeon squeals as he pulls this Hyukkie into a bone crushing hug, Taekwoon can see Hyukkie makes a face. The middle aged woman clears as Hyukkie looks suffocated being hugged by Hakyeon. “I need attention too, you ungrateful brat”, the woman says as she knocks Hakyeon head.

“Ouch, mommy that hurts. Fine mommy come here” Hakyeon immediately hugs his mommy, both of them squealing excitedly and spinning around few times. Yeap, no doubt Taekwoon can confirm that that woman is Hakyeon’s mother. And Hakyeon’s mother squeals again when she sees the person standing behind Hakyeon, resulting in Hakyeon being pushed away, by his own mother. “Omo omo is this him, Hakyeonnie? Look, Hyukkie he’s so handsome aww” and something else as she pinches Taekwoon’s cheek it almost turns so red. “Mommy you’re hurting him” Hakyeon says pouting, half forgetting that his mommy just practically pushed him. “Oh hush, young man. I’m trying to appreciate this fine piece of perfection right here. Be quiet” Taekwoon definitely can tell where Hakyeon gets all this diva and sassiness. And so few minute passes with Hakyeon’ mommy cooing over Taekwoon until Hyukkie diverts her attention away with something along the line of bringing her to shopping later.

That always do the trick because both Hakyeon and Hyuk know how much their mommy loves shopping. Yeap, their mommy because she always claimed that Hyukkie is favourite son since Hyuk visits her more often than Hakyeon. (Hakyeon rolls his eyes at this, because all the time Hyuk comes visit is when he tags along with Hakyeon, so It doesn’t make sense.) Or maybe because Hyuk always bring her shopping. Hyuk is obviously better than him in that aspect, well he works for a fashion magazine. (yes that one makes sense) They talk for a while, after Taekwoon had properly introduced himself and she asks Taekwoon to call her mommy too “Aww but you’re a handsome doctor, I approve you and Hakyeonnie” Mommy says still cooing at Taekwoon, he can’t remember how many times today. “Mommy even if you don’t approve, he’s still my soulmate” Hakyeon says rolling his eyes and Hyukkie nods agreeing. “Whatever, I don’t care I still approve. Bring him to meet me everytime you come visit” Mommy replies as sassily and it turns to a bickering session with Hyuk looking unfazed, he’s so used at this since sometimes he participates in these sessions too.

Taekwoon feels awkwardly out of place since he’s the only quiet one between them, but he has to admit he’s amused seeing the mother and son pair bickering like that. So when Jaehwan enters Hakyeon’s room bringing his meal and meds for the morning, Taekwoon is so relieved he didn’t even notice Jaehwan and Sanghyuk were exchanging mischievous smile. “Oh, you’re here too, Taekwoonie hyung. No wonder they can’t reach you, Dr Jung. Did you check your phone hyung?” Taekwoon reaches for his phone on the table next to Hakyeon’s bed, checking on the notifications. “What is it Taekwoonnie?” Hakyeon asks with a low voice. “Oh it’s just….I got an emergency on-call. So, I have to go….around now” Taekwoon finishes his sentence slowly, and he didn’t miss a short look of disappointment on Hakyeon’s face. He feels that way too, since he was planning to spend today with Hakyeon too.

“Oh you should go then Taekwoonnie” Hakyeon replies still with a low voice. Surely Hakyeon wishes that Taekwoon would stay longer with him but he understands that work is work. And he knows Jung Taekwoon is a responsible doctor. Taekwoon looks at Hakyeon, eyes silently asking if Hakyeon is really okay with it, which he replies with a confident nod, and his sweet smile. “Why does it feel like we’re sending Taekwoon hyung to war! Oh god, you’ll still be in the same building with Hakyeon hyung” Jaehwan says getting frustrated over their sweet act. “Yeah, besides mommy and I will look after Hakyeon hyung, so don’t worry” Hyuk cuts in too, but decides not to comment more because he also does all of the disgustingly sweet acts too with Hongbin. ‘Aw why do you have work today hyung I miss you already’ “Okay then I’m going. And you, get some rest and don’t go walking around” Taekwoon says to Hakyeon all the while looking at Hakyeon, mouthing ‘Can I?’ Hakyeon nods twice but he is internally freaking out because ‘Can he what? What is he gonna do?’ But when he feels a kiss on his forehead Hakyeon’s mind immediately went Oh. He definitely gets some (read: a lot) teasing from the other three when Taekwoon left.

--------

Taekwoon initially wants to head straight to the counter of the hospital’s cafeteria to have his first proper meal for the day. But his feet seem to be dragging him to a different direction when he sees a familiar figure, that person has his back turns to Taekwoon, sipping on his drink casually ‘Is that banana milk?’ on one of the tables. “I thought I told you not to go walking around, kid” Taekwoon whispers a bit too close to Hakyeon’s liking he almost stumbles off his chair. “Oh you surprised me! Excuse me I am no kid, okay. I’m older than you”, Hakyeon retorts then taking another sip of his banana milk innocently making Taekwoon chuckles because of the contradiction of Hakyeon’s words. “Only by few months. But whatever I’m your doctor. What are you even doing here?” The urge for Taekwoon to roll his eyes are real. “Mommy and Hyukkie have gone to the mall. So, I asked Jaehwannie to have lunch with me. But he has to settle few things so I came down first since I’m bored alone” Taekwoon scoffs. “I thought they bring your lunch at 12? It’s already 2” “Yeah I know, but I’m hungry, again so that’s why. Have you eaten yet?” Hakyeon was about to ask where did Taekwoon come from but from the blood stain on the doctor’s sleeves he had a pretty much good idea already.

Hakyeon then pulls Taekwoon along to get some food to eat. In the middle of their meal Hakyeon suddenly speaks up “Do you know the expression ‘an apple a day keeps the doctor away’” Taekwoon thinks it’s so random but he nods anyway. “I think that’s a total lie. Absolutely wrong. Not correct. I’ve been spending years trying to avoid doctors. But that stupid apple brought me, here to this scary place with scary people. And now my soulmate is a doctor. I mean, hospitals and doctors smell like antiseptic. Or is it antibiotics? I don’t know maybe both. And why do almost all doctors look so scary I’m frightened” and Hakyeon continues with his points but Taekwoon begs to differ because ‘Excuse me I do not smell like antiseptic I wear expensive cologne thank you very much. Okay, I’m a bit scary but hey I am a handsome bachelor. And excuse you this soulmate of yours is a doctor with looks and money.’ Wow, oh my, Jung Taekwoon just realizes he talks like Hakyeon now.  So Taekwoon decides to end all this random mumbling from Hakyeon.

After few calls of his name from Taekwoon, Hakyeon seems even more absorbed in his on world of talking. Taekwoon, getting more frustrated being ignored by Hakyeon thinks of one way of stopping him from talking. He leans closer to Hakyeon across the table, until their lips met. That effectively shuts Hakyeon up. He is shocked for a moment before eventually kissing Taekwoon back. As soon as they break the kiss Hakyeon flicks him on the forehead. “Ouch Hakyeonnie that hurts” Taekwoon pouts but right now Hakyeon is so not buying it. “That was my first kiss you idiot” Now Hakyeon is the one pouting but Taekwoon laughs almost histerically. “Oh come on you knew that was my first too” As a matter of fact, Hakyeon knows. They talked about this last night and both of them never had a relationship before. Long story short, Taekwoon was too busy studying in meds school and Hakyeon is too lazy for commitment. Hakyeon sighs in defeat “Alright fine you win. But can you…..uh, do it again” and Taekwoon has never been so excited to comply to that request. And Taekwoon is constantly thanking the God for a soulmate like Cha Hakyeon. He was overwhelming glad that his prayers for a quiet soulmate was not granted, ‘Oh, please that would be passive and boring. And since I’m quiet Hakyeon always speaks for two’ (uh, Hakyeon speaks for hundreds honestly, but you get the point xD) Cha Hakyeon brings him a new kind of excitement. And Hakyeon too got himself a good listener, so it’s a win-win situation. Jung Taekwoon is starting to think that they’re the best match made in heaven. (okay he’s probably so full of himself now, but can you just agree??!)

At the entrance of the cafeteria, a certain assistant nurse, namely Lee Jaehwan nearly drops his jaw and his wallet on the floor seeing the two of them ‘Wow, Hakyeon hyung and Taekwoon hyung, impressive. You’re in public wow’ Jaehwan fishes his phone from his pocket and quickly sends a message to someone. ‘Remember our bet baby brother? Well, it seems I just won yeayyy me. So don’t forget my money, kiddo. Muahh~’ Jaehwan is sure the message recipient will be weeping for his loss, yeap that was a lot amount of money. 

_______________________________________________________

-um hello everyone!!! hehe im almost 90% settled with my documents so i figured i could update a new chap :)

-andddd i know this chapter says 'end' but i promise you this will not end until i mark this story complete ;) im actually thinking of doing justice to hyukbin and raken by doing one bonus chap for each couple so yeah if you'd wait hehe 

-and wow this story had 100subs already wHERE DID YOU GUYS COME FROM LEMME HUG YOU ALLL kkk thank you very much, and for the upvotes too <3 (tho idk how that works actually) 

-AND GO STREAM FANTASY MV AND VOTE FOR VIXX TOO (ok honestly speaking i've been an exo-l longer than i am a starlight but i really really want vixx to win with fantasy *hearts*)

thinzarys501-nim : hi, hehe i guess im a new starlight, im in too deep with vixx and i dont plan on finding a way out ;) hehe and thankyou so muchhh xx. and i cant do angst oh god im so weak with angst my poor heart cant take it uwu. 

-uh so this chap is longer than the other chaps (like this is 2k idk what i write uwu) but i hope you like it. and thankyou for all the comments too i appreciate it, thankyouuuu /sending hearts to all of you :* (ok this is too long so im out, and take care everyone xx)