Playing Hard To Get

Parts of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyuk was making lunch for the two brothers who were still sleeping. It was already 1pm and he had decided to make pasta for them. He had wanted to go to the bar last night after the two had left but he was too lazy to walk there so he decided not to.

Wonsik and Jaehwan had only reached home around 4 in the morning and while Wonsik looked kinda okay, Jaehwan was so wasted. Wonsik was carrying the older one and dragging him to his room. Some of the buttons had fallen off from his shirt, revealing his pale skin and from some angles, you could also see his bare chest. Hyuk was worried when he saw Jaehwan’s lips swollen. He thought that maybe the two had gotten into a fight but Wonsik explained everything to him before he went to his room.

~~~~

Hyuk kept the food inside the fridge and went to the living room to play his video game. It was a very lazy Sunday afternoon. He had already eaten, he was just waiting for the two to wake up.

KNOCK KNOCK

Hyuk jumped to the new sound. Nobody had ever knocked on their door but he paused the game and went to see who it was.

“Yes?”, he asked politely, opening the door.

“Hey Hyuk! Whats up?”, it was Hongbin. “I came to visit you guys”, he said smiling.

“Oh, Hongbin, hi!”, Hyuk was shocked to see him. “Come in”

“Sorry for coming without any notice” he said, entering the place. “I wanted to call but I realized, I didn’t get your number”

“Oh yeah!”, Hyuk laughed. “but no worries, it’s great to have you here. Wanna play?”

“Sure!”

“Do you want anything to drink?”, Hyuk asked when Hongbin had settled himself on the couch. “Oh, have you had lunch? I made pasta if you are hungry”

“I would love to try your pasta”, Hongbin said with a bright smile. He had already had lunch before coming though.

Hyuk nodded happily and got him a plate of his special pasta.

“Thanks man!”

Hyuk got himself something to drink as he watched the man eat the dish he had made. Hyuk was proud of it and he had really wanted his two cousins to try but sadly, the two were still in deep sleep.

Hongbin noticed the way Hyuk had been watching and he knew that the younger one was waiting for him to say something. Hongbin took a mouthful and looked at him. He showed him a thumbs up as he finished the food.

“That was soo good! You should become a chef!”, Hongbin said.

Hyuk smiled brightly at the comment. He was relieved that Hongbin had liked what he had cooked. Just seeing the man smiling was enough to make him smile.

Hyuk took the plate and washed it before going back to the couch to sit next to Hongbin.

“So where’s Jaehwan and Wonsik?”, he asked

“They are still sleeping”

“What? Still? It almost 3”

“Yeah”, Hyuk laughed. “They were out so late last night and they had drank too much”

“WOW, you guys are lucky your parents aren’t here!”, Hongbin said, folding his arms as he fell back on the couch. “My parents would have killed me!”

“Our parents are strict too” Hyuk said, agreeing to what Hongbin had just said. “I had to lie to our parents last night cause they left me here alone. They were asking me all kinds of questions and I just had to come up with so many lies.”

“So, where did the two go? Bar?”, Hongbin asked.

“Yeah! There’s this gay bar somewhere near. Wonsik found it.”

“Gay?”, Hongbin furrowed his brows as he looked at Hyuk.

Hyuk could see that he was uncomfortable now and he felt bad for him.

“Yeah, are you uncomfortable with those things?”, he asked.

Hongbin was quiet for a while.

Hyuk also stayed in silent as he waited for him to talk.

“No, not really. I just feel it’s a little weird to like the same ?”, he said.

Hyuk can clearly understand what Hongbin was saying even though he wasn’t against these things. Growing up in a country where there aren’t many open people, Hyuk had also thought that falling for the same would be very weird but when he heard that from Hongbin, somewhere, deep inside of him, something shattered. He felt hurt.

“So”, Hongbin said, breaking the silence around them, “Wonsik and Jaehwan are gays?”

Hyuk looked at him with his mouth half-open, “ahh”, he swallowed hard. “I think so?”

“What about you?”, Hongbin asked and suddenly Hyuk felt very nervous, he did not know why?

‘Why am I so nervous? Why am I scared of the question?’, He thought.

But he managed to calm himself down quickly, “No, I am not”, he returned a soft smile at Hongbin.

Hongbin sighed in relief and patted Hyuk’s back. “Thank god! It would be very uncomfortable if you were cause you are a really great friend and I don’t wanna lose you.”

~~~~

The two man in the living room had started playing the game when they heard noises from Jaehwan’s room.

“Oh, Jaehwan-hyung is up!”, Hyuk said.

“Finally!”, Hongbin said, looking at his watch. It was already 4.30.

“WAHHH!!!”

Hyuk and Hongbin looked at each other with a worried face as they heard the scream from Jaehwan’s room.

Hyuk quickly jumped from his position and knocked on the older man’s door.

“Jaehwan!! Jaehwan-hyung!! Are you ok? Open the door!”, he shouted.

Hongbin was also banging the door.

“I am fine! Wait! I will be out in a sec!”, they heard him say.

The two went back to their position and waited for Jaehwan to come out.

“What the hell happened to my lips?!”, Jaehwan said, coming out of his room. His lips had swollen so much and it hurt a lot. He was wearing a mask.

Hyuk laughed at him, remembering the stuffs Wonsik had told him last night about how Jaehwan and Hakyeon had made out in front of everyone in the bar. Wonsik had also shown Hyuk the pictures he had taken of the two, so he could tease them next time.

“What?”, Jaehwan said in an annoyed tone. He had clearly woken up at the wrong side of the bed but it did not stop the young one to laugh and .

“You must be hungry hyung. There’s pasta in the fridge”, Hyuk said, bringing himself to stop laughing.

“Oh! Hey Hongbin! I didn’t know you were here”, Jaehwan waved at the man when he finally him.

“Hey!”, he said, he felt uncomfortable. “I was here since 1:30”, he smiled awkwardly.

Hyuk did not like the look on Hongbin’s face. He knew that Hongbin wasn’t very comfortable.

“HAaahhh”, Wonsik came out of the other room with just his sweat pant. His bare, well-defined abs, all exposed. “What’s all the noise about?” he asked.

Hongbin wanted to get away from there now.

“Oh, hey Hongbin.”, Wonsik said, walking towards the kitchen and getting himself a cup of coffee. He just waved at them after he had gotten his drink and went back to his room.

“Hyuk, I better go.”, Hongbin said “It’s getting late.”

Hyuk just nodded his head. “Sure, I will see you outside”, he smiled at him.

“Bye, Jaehwan. See you around.” Jaehwan waved at him.

~~~~

“Hongbin!”, Hyuk called when he got inside the elevator. “I know you must feel uncomfortable with them but just know that the two of them already have someone they like. You don’t have to worry.”

Hongbin smiled at him when he heard that.

“I love my brothers and I like you too, so when I see you like this, all uncomfortable around them, I feel very awkward.” Hyuk said, looking a little sad. “Please don’t hate them just because the people they have fallen in love with turned out to be of the same .”

Hongbin heard Hyuk’s sincere words. He came out of the elevator and put his hands on Hyuk’s shoulder.

“You are good little brother!”, He said with the smile Hyuk had always been attracted to. The two dimples showing. “I will get used to this!”, he assured him. “Well, I will try my best!”

Hyuk nodded.

“Sorry for being very uncomfortable inside. I didn’t know you noticed.”

He shook his head, “No, no. I am very sorry!”

“Well, I have to go now! See you tomorrow!”, Hongbin said, getting back inside the elevator. He waved a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter