-Two

Anomaly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Shut the door!”

 

Jonghyun’s daze broke on the voice, and he turned, finding the door already shut. He hadn’t even heard footsteps, but then he realized, for spirits, that was a non-existent trait.

 

“He’s a medium.” Jonghyun turned back to the front, finding the spirit who had been wearing a devilish smile approach him, dimmed eyes glinting with mischief. He had dark middle parted hair, streaked with colors Jonghyun couldn’t recognize nor count.

 

The one who had closed the door joined his side, hair messily blonde that seemed a silver against the soft glitter of his skin. “Does this mean he can help us?”

 

“Yes, Taemin.” The other spirit spoke, eyeing Jonghyun from top to bottom, squinting, “He can’t even escape us! He works here. Jackpot.”

 

“He can resign.” Another voice came, and it belonged to the spirit who had been leaning against the desk, arms folded, neat hair a smokey dark. His features were slightly blurry to the eye, but Jonghyun could make out that his eyes were as dark as his hair, and he wore an intimidating expression. Jonghyun couldn’t help but stare a while as well and he realized from the unwavering gaze he received, that he might have been observing him all this time. He sensed an anomaly from him but he couldn’t linger long upon that notion because his sudden words had broken his daze, “If he’s a medium, he knows we can’t touch him.”

 

“Yah! What if he hadn’t known that! Now he knows! You’re an idiot, Onew!” The one with the colored hair shouted angrily.

 

“Kibum, a medium is in front of you and all you are doing is scaring him and making plans to keep him hostage….” Onew sighed.

 

Kibum puffed up his face, turning to Jonghyun, “Hello.” He read the tag on Jonghyun’s coat, “Kim Jonghyun. I’m Kibum. And it’s true we can’t touch you, but we can touch everything else just fine. We are three if you’ve forgotten to count. Just saying, if you haven’t yet realized that you are disadvantaged-”

 

“Kibum-”

 

“Argh, okay. Kim Jonghyun, now it is your mission to help us leave this ty place.” Kibum said, folding his arms, “Refusal is not an option.”

 

The blonde spirit finally chuckled softly, breaking the monotony of his face, “Seriously hyung. Your social skills are as dead as you.”

 

“Burn.” Onew whispered and Kibum elbowed Taemin, throwing a glare at Onew before turning to Jonghyun, “So what is it? Yes or yes?”

 

Jonghyun felt his heart drop into this pit of remorse, of unwillingness, he did not want to make whatever Kibum said his life mission; and maybe his struggle was evident on his face because Onew had walked to the door and had opened it.

 

“Give him some time to think of it. It’s not that easy a task that he would agree to it right away.” Onew said, before vanishing off into thin air, leaving Kibum in thought before he nodded, “Don’t you dare take your time, Kim Jonghyun. I will haunt you.” And he vanished as well, leaving only the blonde one in the room, who had dropped down in Jonghyun’s chair, before pushing it forward towards the signal box, humming as he began to press buttons rapidly.

 

“Taemin!” Two voices called out, equally irritable yet coming from different directions and Taemin stopped, chuckling guiltily, his laughter fading when he turned and spotted Jonghyun still standing awkwardly, staring, “What?”

 

Jonghyun finally moved and he grabbed the file from his desk, getting out of the station in a hurry, his mind finally catching up to what had just happened.

 


 

Jonghyun couldn’t eat well that night, nor could he sleep well. In the end, he decided that whatever happened was a dream and if it was real, he could just avoid staying in the station after regular hours, or even alone. Because he did vividly remember, that those three souls were tied to that station and hadn’t made an appearance in the presence of the others.

 

Sighting them had fazed him because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter