Unexpected Reunion

Captured Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She stood still in his arms and then wrapped hers around him too. After a moment she relaxed against his slight, muscular frame. She could smell the cologne he wore and feel the softness of the dark blue sweater he wore. They stood this way for a moment and then he released her. He tilted his head and examined her for a moment before he said anything.

“I was just going to look for you. Did you just leave work?” He leaned against the car and crossed his long legs together at the ankle. She nodded, taking him in with her eyes, unashamedly looking him from head to toe.

“I got off work a little bit ago. I’ve been taking some extra shifts lately. I was actually on my way to the store. I’m out of….well I’m out of all the foods.” She giggled, feeling silly and somehow still relaxed merely because he was here.

“Ahhh that explains why I haven’t heard from you lately. We are taking a short break before we have the concerts here in Korea. I was just looking for you at home. I wanted to check on you.” He was relieved that she was okay but also concerned that she had been so busy lately. He thought for a moment and then opened the passenger door. She just stared at him.

“Well get in, I’ll take you to the store, we can use the time to catch up.” He smiled at her and gestured his head at the empty seat. With a laugh she obeyed and slid in and set her backpack in the backseat.

He leaned into buckle her seat belt and kissed her cheek, which made her giggle softly. He closed the door and walked back to the driver side and got in, a goofy smile on his face.

“What’s so funny,” she turned to him when he was in the car.

“Well, here I was hoping to see you and you literally fell for me.” He started laughing as she stared at him like he was crazy.

“Like you didn’t already know that,” she muttered under her breath as he started the car and pulled away from the curb, his eyes wet with tears from laughing. The short drive to the store was a pleasant one, they both laughed and heckled each other in a playful manner and it was like no time had passed (and yet it felt different somehow) when he pulled into the parking lot of the grocery store. He got out of the car as she reached back and grabbed her backpack. He opened her door and she unbuckled and got out. She stood in front of him and reached for his hand. When she remembered where she was and who she was with she pulled her hand back and busied herself with her backpack and settled it on her back.

“Shouldn’t you be wearing a face mask or something?” She glanced around the lot to see if anyone watched them. He smacked his forehead lightly and reached past her to open the car door, his arm brushed her hip and she stepped aside quickly. He opened the door and pulled a black mask from the glove box and quickly slipped it on and made it it was hooked on his ears. He looked at her and smiled, it showed it his eyes and he reached out to take her hand. His voice was slightly muffled as he spoke.

“Now we can hold hands and no one will be the wiser.” He laughed at her because she blushed and giggled. He loved the way she smiled, it lit her whole face and the simple beauty of it almost took his breath away.

“I…I’ve got a list.” She stuttered and pulled it out of her pocket. “I started it but I got distracted and decided I would just get whatever sounded good. I want to relax and cook and watch movies all weekend.” He nodded at her and turned and they headed for the store entrance. Inside they grabbed a cart and looked at the list before they headed for the produce section.

“I was thinking about making a sma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter