Coming up with a plan

Captured Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6 months later

 

Eric sat at the head of the big table in the conference room at ShinCom. The other chairs were filled by the rest of the members. Celeste was seated by Hyesung and she fiddled with a bottle of water as they talked.

“Look, it’s time for some damage control you guys. I got a packet from the Dispatch and they are only willing to hold onto this for a little bit before they publish online.” He motions for them to open the folder that sits on the table before them. Inside is a stack of photos, some are of Hyesung and Celeste and some are of her by herself at work. Celeste looks at Eric with wide eyes.

“Eric…….I didn’t know…….I had no idea”, she whispered as she looked down, her lower lip between her teeth. She fought back tears and her hands shook as she spread the photos out in front of her.

He shook his head. “No, Celly don’t be that way. We knew it would come out one way or another.” He smiled gently. He used the pet name all the guys had for her

Hyesung looked at them and then closed the folder and took Celeste’s hand and threaded his fingers through hers before he spoke.

“We need to just tell them. I’m not ashamed of my relationship at all.” He closed the folder and pushed it away and tilted his face to look into her eyes. He can see she is about to cry and he wrapped his other arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer.

“But the backlash”, she whispered as her eyes met his. “I know what it’s like to be a fan that finds out her idol is dating. Some of them can be very unkind.” A tear rolled down her cheek and she did nothing to stop it.

Andy looked around at the table and reached for a tissue from a box and scooted closer to hand it to her. She took it and nodded in thanks and wiped her cheek. His gesture made more tears roll and soon she sobbed quietly, her shoulders shook.

“Aw sweetie, please don’t cry.” JunJin reached across the table towards her in a sympathic gesture. “This isn’t your fault. The press is just like that here.”

Dongwan flipped through the pictures and sighed heavily. “No matter how careful you are, they always catch you. It’s impossible to stay private for long.”

Minwoo sat silently, his eyes flicked from person to person. He looked at Eric. “We’ve all been here, its only different because you aren’t another celebrity. I don’t think any of us have dated a non celeb in years.”

Eric paced for a moment before he finally spoke.

“Okay how’s this sound. We ask them not to release the picture of her at work and we agree to do a group photo spread. That

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter