Confessing

Troublemaker

[Jongin pov]

I hated going down for breakfast in the morning. I don't know where my brother and his boy both get the energy from but they are always loud, even at 8am in the morning. I was more of a ‘just shut up and eat’ type of person, especially when they tried to scold me early in the morning for something I did the previous day.

But this morning was different, I walked into the kitchen and the two were just sitting there, eating their food in silence.

“What happened, did someone die?”

“Jongin please, your brother isn't feeling well.” Chanyeol said while holding Baekhyun's hand above the table. It looked like Baekhyun was holding onto it like he was afraid to lose him.

“Did you drink too much last night hyung? You're starting to look like me.” I said while walking past them giving my brother a light smack on the shoulder.  

“Jongin leave him alone. He's just having a bad day.”

I grabbed some food and sat down on the table with them. “So Baekie, how was last night?”

“It was fun, it was nice seeing these guys again.” he didn't seem that happy while saying that so I assumed something must have happened last night, I needed to remind myself to ask Sehun about that later today.

“Ooh Jongin before I forget, I think one of you ‘friends’ left something here last night. Let me get it for you.” Chanyeol said while letting go of Baekhyun’s hand.

He stood up from his chair and walked towards to front door to get something of the coat rack. When he came back he showed me a scarf that looked kinda familiar but I didn't know where I had seen it before.

“I don't know whose that is, but I'm sure not Kyungsoo’s. That one looks like it's for old people. And Chanyeol why do you say ‘friends’ in such a weird way.”

“Because we both know you only use them for one thing. I'll throw it away then later, if you're sure you haven't seen it before.”

“Don't!”  Baekhyun suddenly said and stood up from his chair to grab the scarf out of Chanyeol's hands.

“Is this yours babe? Why didn’t you tell me?”

“It's not mine, it's from... a friend.”

“A friend?” I saw that Chanyeol was starting to get jealous, the always gets jealous at every interaction Baekhyun has with another guy.

“He walked me home yesterday because I wasn't feeling well and he gave me his scarf because I was cold.”

“Why didn't you call me? I could have gotten the car to pick you up.” Chanyeol stated to raise his voice a bit and I liked where this was going.

“Because it was late and I assumed you were already sleeping, I didn't wanna bother you. Besides my friend was insisting on walking me home so I had no choice” Baekhyun was looking at the scarf while talking and it almost looked like he admired it, then it suddenly hit me. I knew where I had seen that scarf before.

“That's Sehun’s, isn't it?”

“Who's Seh- you mean your tutor? That Sehun?” Chanyeol asked me.

“Yeah, he was also with Baekhyun yesterday.”

Chanyeol quickly turned towards my brother and grabbed him by his arms. “Why have you never told me you knew his tutor from high school?”

“I just forgot to mention I guess.” Baekhyun got out of Chanyeol’s grip and walked towards me. “Can you please give this back to your teacher and tell him I said thank you for bringing me home safe?”

“You're lucky I'm in a good mood today hyung.” I took the scarf out of his hands and happily grabbed my bag and left for school, with the thought of having an interesting day before me.

 

When I stepped into Sehun’s office I knew I had to try my best to achieve my goal for today, find out what happened between him and my brother.

“Hey Jongin, take a seat.”

Before I did that I opened my bag and handed him his scarf back. “Baekhyun asked me to give you this and I wanted to thank you for bringing him home.”

“Thank you, and please tell him it was no problem.”

“So, did something romantic happen between you and my brother at the front door. Did you have that awkward moment of saying goodbye with a small kiss?”

“Jongin, that only happens in books and movies.” he said with a small chuckle.

“You would be handsome enough to be in a movie hyung.”

He started laughing at my response “Are you really flirting with your teacher right now? I won't give you a higher grade if that's what you're trying.”

“I know it won't. And besides, I wouldn't want my brother to get mad at me.”

“What do you mean?”

“It's so obvious, he has a little crush on you.” Sehun’s face started to redden a bit when I said that.

“I know your brother has a boyfriend and loves him very much.”

“People cheat on eachother all the time. They were even fighting this morning when Baekhyun mentioned you.”

“I’m sorry. I hope I didn't cause too much problems by bringing him home.”

“Don't worry about it. They're probably having make-up right now like they always do after fighting.” he suddenly started looking at his computer screen, avoiding all eye contact with me.

“I don't need to know about your brother's live Jongin, please take a seat and let's start.”

“Why? Because you wish you were the one ing my brothers brains out? Does it hurt knowing that some other guy is abusing that little -”

“Jongin enough! Let's start the lesson!” Sehun never raised his voice on me, but this time he did so I knew I had reached a sensitive subject. Something definitely happened last night, I probably wasn't going to find out what it was exactly. But both Sehun and Baekhyun were acting weird so I had enough information.

 


 

[Baekhyun pov]

I was glad Chanyeol had a late shift again today. Before he had left for work we made up but I still was happy to have a night for myself. I told him Sehun and me were just friends and when I told him about what Sehun did to help jongin at school, he said he could even like the guy.

The only problem was that the first part wasn't completely true. Yes, we were just friends but I wished it was differently. I never approached him in that way at school because I honestly thought he had a thing going on with Luhan. I never dared to ask him if it was true or anyone else. The whole school basically had a crush on the handsome boy, so why would he choose that small, nerdy kid when he could have anyone he wanted.

All I'm imagining now is what it would be like if I would have asked him. Would we have ended up together? Would we still be together? I still loved Chanyeol, but I guess it's that first crush you’ll never forget. Especially when that person is showing interest back at you, or at least that's what I thought. I could just be imagining things.

I still don't know why I kissed him last night. It's not that I didn't want to or regret it, it's just had I made it so awkward. I didn't drink a lot but I guess that bit of alcohol did give me the courage to just do a crazy thing for once.

When I dreamed about me and him, which happened a lot lately, it always happened way different. He would confess to me and I would jump into his arms and kiss him for hours. But of course in reality I had to make it weird and kissed him out of nowhere only to run away after 2 seconds.

I just left him there, probably confused as hell. As soon as I ran into the house I knew I had ed up. Me and Sehun really needed to talk. I grabbed my phone, looked for his contact and dialed his number. Not even 5 seconds later he already picked up.

“Hey Baekhyun, what's up?” he sounded as cheerful as normal. Maybe he wasn't affected as much by this whole situation as I was.

“Sehun we need to talk. About last night…. About everything.”

“I'm having dinner right now but I should finish soon. Should I come to your place?”

“I don't know if that's smart, I'd like some privacy and if Jongin comes home he will keep on annoying us.”

“My apartment maybe?” he suggested, but I was way too scared things would happen if we were all alone. I had to think of something else, somewhere public but still kinda private.

“Maybe we can meet up at the bar again?" he said when I didn't talk for a while. "I can get Yixing to get a booth for us. If you want privacy I'll ask for the one on the top floor, it's always more quiet up there.”

 

I was really liking this idea. It was public, but enough private to talk to him and if something went wrong I was going to be home in a few minutes. “Yeah, sounds great.”

“Alright, I’ll ask him to arrange that for us then in like a hour.”

“Sounds good, see you there.”

“Bye Baek!”

I put the phone down and rushed towards the shower. I had roughly an hour to get ready for this date, or whatever this was going to be, but I liked the idea of a date.

 

45 minutes later I came out of the bathroom with some black, leather skinny jeans and simple white dress shirt. I had spent 10 minutes on my eyeliner only to make sure it looked better than ever. I had seen Jongin in a hairstyle I wanted to try out, slicked back with a lot of gel, but I couldn't seem to get it right.

Sometimes I was really jealous of my younger brother, he might be an but he was a good looking guy for his age. He didn't even have to be nice to get all the girls and boy in his school.

Luckily I heard the front door open and I assumed the person I needed right now had just arrived in time. “Jongin, come here and help me for a second.” I yelled from the bathroom.

I heard footsteps nearing  luckily is was right. Jongin peeked inside the bathroom. “Damn hyung, I know I never give compliments, but you look good!”

“Thanks Jongin, it's nice to hear kind words from you for once. But I don't have a lot of time and my hair , can you help me please?” I pouted.

I saw that stupid smirk appear on his face and I already knew what he was gonna say “Only if you tell me who you are doing this for, cause I called Chanyeol earlier today and he said he wouldn't be home for dinner tonight.”

I knew I had no choice, even if I wouldn't tell him he would probably hear it from Sehun. “Fine, I'll tell you. But can you please do my hair like you always have it, it looks so nice.”

“Aww has my hyung also fallen for my appearance, just like the rest of the kids my age?”

“Shut up.” I said while giving him a playful hit in the stomach. “Just help me, I don't have time for your charms.”

“You better start talking then.” he said and started fixing the disaster I made out of my hair.

“I'm going to the bar to meet up with Sehun.” He stopped for a few seconds, looking surprised but then quickly continued.

“Why?”

“Why not? It's nice to catch up with him after so many years.”

“Baek, I know you long enough now. You don't even dress up this nice if you and Chanyeol are going on a date.” It kinda hurt that his words were true, why did I spend so much time on Sehun, did I like him so much without even realising?

“I just felt like dressing up tonight, is it that weird?”

“For you, yes. I'm just not used to seeing you like this…” he was right. I might be known as the king of eyeliner but that was it. I never dressed up nice because for work I needed to have this stupid suit on. So outside of work I just wanted to wear comfortable stuff, something these leather pants were far from.

“Can I be honest with you hyung?” I gave him a small nod “I like Sehun better than Chanyeol. And you two would look so together, just saying.” Jongin was always ing with me but he seemed serious this time, it almost felt like I had the old Jongin back for a moment.

“You realize me and Sehun are just friends right? Just high school friends who just met again and are having fun bringing back memories from the past.”

“I don’t even think you believe your own bull…. Anyways you're all done!”

I checked myself out in the mirror and decided he did a really good job on my hair. I turned to him and gave him a hug. “Thank you little one.”

He tried to get out of my grip but I kept my arms tight around him. “Eew hyung get off me. I know we just had a small moment but I don't like this. Also don't call me little one, I'm taller than you!”

After just holding him for bit longer, just to annoy him, I  released him and smiled “We should have more of these moments. And no matter how tall you become, you'll always be my little one.”

I stood on my toes and ruffled his hair and he did something I hadn't seen in years. He returned as smile back to me, not one if his sarcastic or fake ones, not one of his signature smirks, but a real genuine smile.

 


 

[Sehun pov]

I was sitting in the booth that Yixing reserved for me, waiting for Baekhyun to arrive. I didn’t know what I had to expect to happen tonight, but what I definitely hadn't expected was Baekhyun walking in looking like that.

His leather pants perfectly hugged his thighs and , his eyeliner was pitch black and applied thick and his hair make him look like an actual playboy. I needed to remind myself to not stare at him for too long. He sat down next to me and let out a deep sigh.

“So I guess this is the part where I explain why I did that yesterday...”

“If you really don’t want to you don’t have too. It’s not that I’m mad about it or something,” I wasn’t lying. Yes, I was confused and surprised, but I couldn’t deny the fact I wish it would have lasted longer.  

Baekhyun looked like he wanted to talk but he somehow struggled with it. So I whistled to get the attention of Yixing and he knew immediately what I wanted. He quickly came over with 2 shots of whiskey. “The first ones are on the house,” he said with a wink and walked away.

“Here this will make it easier,” I handed him a glass and we both took the shot.

“ Thank you… I’m sorry Sehun, for yesterday. I didn’t mean to leave you like that, I just panicked and didn’t know what to do else than run away.”

“Do you regret kissing me Baekhyun?” I saw him getting more nervous and after a long silence he let out a sigh and looked me in the eyes.

“No… I mean, a bit. I basically cheated on my boyfriend. But… I like you maybe more than just a friend.” I felt my cheeks blushing and look down at my lap.

“I’ve had a crush on you since high school,” he continued “I was always too shy to come up to you and confess, and after graduation I thought I was done with all of this. I didn’t see you anymore, I was over it and I’ve been happy with Chanyeol ever since. But then you appeared in my life again, along with all the feelings I had for you.”

“Baek… we were friends, why did you never tell me you liked me?”

“I didn’t think you saw me as a friend. I was more of a nobody that had the luck of getting to sit next to you a few hours a week.”

It hurt me to know that he thought I saw him like that. I wondered if it was my fault I hadn’t shown him enough he was my friend. I stayed silent for a moment because I just didn’t know what to say to this.

Baekhyun suddenly stood up and walked towards the bar. Not even a minute later he came back with 4 new shots “I’m gonna need it, and I figured you would too.” he said while placing half of them in front of me. He took one of his shots and continued.

“So I suppose you now have the answer you wanted yesterday. I didn’t tell you about Chanyeol because I had a crush on you… and ‘m pretty sure I still have.”

This explained a lot but I was still curious about something “Does Chanyeol know about me, like does he know you liked me back in high school?”  

“No, he knows you’re my friend and Jongin's tutor. That’s it...”

“Why don’t you talk to him about this?”

“Because I don’t wanna hurt him… When my mother died he was there for me. I owe him a lot and I love him but I… I don’t know how long I can put up with him and Jongin fighting.” tears started forming in the corner of his eyes and I put my arm around his waist to bring him a bit closer. He didn’t seem to mind my touch.

“All they do is argue, sometimes even fight and all I can do is watch because they don’t want me to get involved. I love Chanyeol a lot but knowing Jongin hates him is slowly tearing me apart.”

Tears were streaming down his face now and I pulled him even closer, hugging him until he put his head on my shoulder. “It’s okay to cry Baekhyun, it’s not fair you would have to choose between your boyfriend and your brother.”  

After he started calming down again he pulled away from me “There is a solution for this... Jongin likes you a lot you know…” he said while wiping his eyes, careful not to mess up his makeup. “He talks a lot about you.”    

“He talks a lot about you too Baekhyun.” Every tutor session Jongin would make sure to let Sehun know how great of a brother was, and how good of a boyfriend he could be to Sehun.

“I know he’s not an easy kid, but I can see if he’s genuine with someone or not. I’ve haven’t seen him as playful as he is around you in the past two years. Normally he just shouts at people or ignore them, with you it’s different somehow. He’s always in a happy mood when he comes back form tutoring.”

I decided this was my time to confess now, Baekhyun had already said enough for tonight and he needed a break. So when he was still trying to fix his makeup, I took another shot and grabbed one of his hands.  

“I guess it’s my turn now. I’m going to be honest, I never saw you as more than a friend during high school,” I saw Baekhyun opening his mouth to talk but I cut him off before he could “but that’s different now. You’re a great guy and I kinda fell for you. You’re cute, kind, playful and look at you tonight, you can even be y.” I was happy to see him smile again after all those tears.  

We just stared at each other for a few seconds when he spoke again. “Can we try again? That thing we did last night… or more like I did last night…”

I was laughing at how cute and shy he was, instead of answering him I placed my hand on the back of his neck and pulled his face closer to mine. I closed my eyes and pressed my lips on his. What started with an innocent, small kiss turned quickly into a more heated one. He climbed on my lap and I placed my hands on his hips, holding him in place. I felt his tongue prod against my bottom lips so I opened up for him, allowing his tongue to enter.

My body was enjoying every moment of this but my brain was still a bit confused. Was I wrong for making Baekhyun cheat on his boyfriend? Was this all my fault? I pushed him away and he looked confused. “Sehun? Did I do something wrong?”

“You have to promise me one thing Baekhyun. You said Chanyeol was important to you... and you don’t wanna hurt him right?” he nodded in response “Tell him about me, about this, everything… The longer you wait, the more it will hurt him.”

“I will, I promise. Tomorrow. But first I wanna enjoy this moment some more.”

He was trying to lean in again but I kept my distance for a little longer. "Baekhuyn are you sure about what we are doing right now? I don't want you to regret this decision."

"Then make sure I won't." was all he said before he started kissing me again, but this time with more force and more tongue. I felt slightly harden against my stomach so I decided to a bit. I grinded my hips a bit upwards and immediately a small moan escaped his lips. 

I saw Yixing eyeing us from behind the bar, so it was time to take this somewhere more private. I gave Baekhuyn a small smirk and whispered a “Would you like to come home with me?” and without hesitation he nodded.

Normally I'm not really about the ' on the first date' thing but Baekhyun and I were already friends before this so it was different right? Besides it was his fault for looking this hot tonight, like no matter how hard I tried I couldn't resist this.

We quickly took our last shots before I lifted him of my lap and dragged him with me towards the exit.

 


 

[Chanyeol pov]

When I came home I saw 2 figures lying on the couch. I was hoping it was one of these rare moments where Jongin and Baekhyun were cuddling on the couch. It didn't happen often but sometimes when one of them had a bad day, probably because they were thinking about their mother, they found support in each other. Those days made me happy because the real Jongin would come out for a while.

But of course the reality was less beautiful than that. When I walked closer I saw it was Jongin with a familiar, small, black haired boy with glasses.

“Kyungsoo again? If you keep up like this you two may as well become boyfriends.” I saw the smaller boy redden and he dug his face in Jongin’s chest.

“You should worry about your own relationship before you meddle yourself in mine.”

“Why would I? Your brother and I are doing great.” he let out a laugh when I said that. “Yah! Why are you laughing?”

“If I would tell you where hyung is right now you wouldn't be so sure any more about the ‘we're doing great’ part.” he gave me smirk. I didn't wanna believe him, I'm used to him teasing and lying to me but somehow I felt like he was speaking the truth this time.

“Tell me then… where is he?”

“Why would I tell you? You've never been nice to me so I don't owe you anything.”

I see how it was. First teasing me like that and then not telling me. I walked over to the TV and turned it off.

“Yah! We were watching an important football match. It's the finals!”

“You young man,” I said pointing at Jongin “are going to tell me where your brother is right now! And if turns out to be bull and you're ing with me I swear I'll choke you to death myself!”

“Don't you dare to touch my Jonginnie!” the little boy stood up from the couch and tried to face me, the only problem was that he was even smaller than Baekhyun and he barely could reach my shoulders.

“If you're smart you're staying out of this boy, this is between me and Jongin.”

“Kyungsoo come here.” Jongin pulled the boy on his arm away from me. “I've seen this psycho hit my brother before during an argument. I don't wanna have to murder my legal guardian if he does the same thing to you.”

The fact that he reminded me of my past mistakes did not help me calm down. “Jongin now! Before I really get pissed!”

“Alright, alright... He went to a bar with Sehun. Probably that one around the corner here where they went last time.” I already had a feeling it had something to do with this Sehun guy.

“Give me his number.” Jongin pulled out his phone and told me his tutor’s number. “I hope you're happy now. Come Kyungsoo let's go upstairs, away from this crazy guy.”

While Jongin dragged the small boy upstairs, I tried calling Baekhyun. No answer. Then I tried Sehun, also no answer. There was one thing I could do now to see if Jongin was bullting me or not, I grabbed my coat and made my way to the bar.

 

As soon as I arrived I looked around but couldn’t find either of them. One of the bartenders, a blonde, very handsome one, saw me looking and came over to me. “Can I maybe help you with something?”

“Uhm.. maybe. I'm looking for 2 people. One is small, dark brown hair, probably with a lot of eyeliner. I don't know what the other one looks like.”

“Do you maybe have names? A lot of the people here are regular customers and I'm better with names than it faces.” the bartender said.

“Baekhyun…. Baekhyun and Sehun.”

“Ooh you know them? They are my friends. They were here earlier tonight together but they left like 30 minutes ago.”

“Do you know where they went?”

“Well… they looked like they were about too.. wait never mind. I have no idea where they went. I'm sorry, I wish I could help you. Who are you if I may ask?”

 “My name is Chanyeol I’m-” Suddenly his eyes widened and he cut me off.

“B-Baekhyun's boyfriend.. Oh... I’m Yixing, I used to go to high school with Baekhyun.”

“Nice to meet you Yixing. You really have no idea where they went?”

“I’m sorry no...  Have you tried calling him?”

“I have, both of them, but no answer.”

“That , I’m sure they’re alright though.” It seemed like Yixing had a slight hint of panic in his eyes but before I could ask more, Yixing spoke again “Well I gotta go back to work now. Good luck Chanyeol!”

I didn’t know if this boy was actually hiding something from me or he was just this awkward person. And as much as I wanted to be mad at him for not being able to help me, I couldn't. I didn't forget Jongin's words from earlier ‘this psycho hit my brother’. I could not lose my again around people, not after what happened back then.

I still regret that I did that to Baekhyun, I didn't even know where It had come from but it just happened. He didn't talk to me for 3 weeks so I made sure to never let it happen again.

 

With a defeated feeling I returned home. All I could do now was wait for Baekhyun to come home and ask for an explanation. Like he said, they were probably just hanging out, having a fun time.  Because Baekhyun and Sehun were just good friends... right?

 


 

A/N so this is as far as I got in the story. So the next chapter(s) will take a bit more time to update because I still have to write them.

Also I was thinking of making a Kaisoo side chapter becasue both Jongin and Kyungsoo are actually really interesting in this story but it doesn't seem fitting to me to put it in between this story.

It will be about how they grew feelings for each other, why good boy Kyungsoo hangs out with a rebel like Jongin AND MOST IMPORTANTLY if Jongin is right about Kyungsoo having 2 totally different personalities . It will happen in the same time as this story so there will be linked parts but just all in one chapter.

So let me know in the comments if you guys would like to know more about those two casue I'd be happy to write it, I'm just not sure if it is something you all would want to read.