3: The First Meeting

Silence {ChanBaek}
Please log in to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's POV:

The sudden noise of the toaster made me jolt back to reality. I had just been thinking about the new bodyguard, what were they going to be like? Would they even do their job properly? I'd imagined them as a retired officer, probably some oldish dude with greasy hair who liked to snack on donuts like every stereotypical policeman.

But imagining was just a waste of time, especially when they could turn up at any minute, and I was still in my pajamas. My Mother and Father weren't home either, they didn't need to be now that I had a bodyguard, in fact my parents were in a completely different country right now, doing business with more firms. That's all they ever did.

After wolfing down my toast, knowing that my manners weren't being observed, I quickly rushed to get dressed into my school uniform, which consisted of a simple white blazer and trousers with a silver tie. I also combed my hair back whilst surveying the front porch to see if my bodyguard would even show up. To my surprise I heard the doorbell ring, I hadn't even noticed anyone there.

I glided down the stairs to unlock the door, the keys shaking in my hands, I could see someone's blurry outline through the glass, but I paid strict attention to the almost blinding red hair, I thought hair dye wasn't allowed anymore? 

When the door finally swung open, it revealed someone who looked not much older than myself, but he was definitely a lot taller. His shoulders were broad and his arms quite muscular, you could tell he'd done some exercise. I shyly brought my hand out so he could shake it, but instead he rudely shoved past me, sighing in annoyance.

"Hey! What's with the attitude?" I shouted after him as he made his way further into my house, stopping in front of the couch, before kicking his shoes off and flopping onto the plush material. Who did he think he was?

"The name's Chanyeol Park, and I'm your bodyguard yada yada, you know the drill." I'd had enough by this point, grabbing a cushion and lobbing it at his face was the only thing I could do. But even that didn't seem to phase this 'Chanyeol'. "Can I speak poshy? Or are all we going to play catch the cushion all day?" I stayed silent, not quite knowing how to answer and

Please log in to read the full chapter