1: The Ordinary

Silence {ChanBaek}
Please log in to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's POV:

"And that, is how our society came to be. You, the most ordinary among us, will become the superiors of our future. However, there are less fortunate ones who do not wish to abide by the rules, those are the Differents, a strange group they are. Should you ever cross paths with one of these, Differents, report them immediately and they will be dealt with. That is all for today class, see you tomorrow."

As me and the other twenty nine students quickly packed our bags and left the room in single file lines, I thought about these Differents. Were they really that bad that they needed to be reported? Being 'dealt with' meant bad things in this day and age, but I had only heard stories and rumors, so I couldn't confirm anything.

Walking down the pristine, white marble hallways of the school, I noticed one of my friends, Sehun Oh, walking towards me. I almost rolled my eyes at him when he started waving like his arms like they'd caught fire. But rolling your eyes was seen as disrespectful, and because of Sehun's tell-tale nature, I'd be scolded for it. Sehun's family also happened to be one of the wealthiest in the country, they ruled over the security and police force, who often hunted down Differents. I on the other hand had a family whose section of work could only be described as deathly boring. Both my Mother and Father worked as chiefs of accounting, they ran more business firms than there were hours in a week and had more money than I was allowed to know about. You could say me and Sehun were alike, but at least the job he would inherit didn't include sitting at a desk nearly all day.

When Sehun finally caught up to me, lunch in hand, he speedily let out a rushed piece of dialogue that took me a second to process. "Baekhyun, the Head Master says he needs to see you right now, it's urgent and he said to leave your lunch for later." If the Head wanted Baekhyun to miss his assigned lunching schedule, then it must

Please log in to read the full chapter