Curiosity and Interest

Different but the Same
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A hard knee to the stomach followed by a punch on the temple made Minhyuk stumble to the ground. “Get up.” Soyu said to the groaning boy. Based on what Hyojin and Wonho decided Minhyuk and Hyungwon were the least skilled in hand-to-hand combat. The two leaders decided for Minhyuk and Hyungwon to train with Soyu and Wonho who was the second best next to Hyojin.

 

Minhyuk finally regained his stance and charged at Soyu, unfortunately for the boy, Soyu simply stepped to the side, completely avoiding his forward punch. Soyu grabbed his neck and slammed him to the ground. “Aish, Soyu!” Minhyuk yelled in pain. Soyu bent down to look at his face. She grabbed his chin with her thumb and index finger so that their eyes met. “I know your good with guns but you are too predictable. We’re done for today.” And walked away to take a drink, leaving Minhyuk on the ground panting while a tint of pink formed on his cheeks.

 

On the other side, Wonho was beating Hyungwon to a pulp. Although, there were times when Hyungwon would land punches and kicks on Wonho but it had no effect on hi,. Hyungwon finally lost the spar when Wonho lifted Hyungwon in the air and threw him across the mat, rolling right next to Minhuk. “Dammit. We got beaten to a pulp today.” Hyungwon looked over at Minhyuk who was still catching his breath.

 

“Alright you two, get up. We’re done for today.” Wonho came over and helped Minhyuk up. He placed the injured boy’s arm around him and walked over to the bench. “Damn that woman.” Minhyuk muttered.

 

Wonho chuckled at Minhyuk’s complain. “Well, you can’t get better all of a sudden, especially with Soyu as your sparring partner. Even I have to acknowledge that she’s strong. Soyu is too good for you, both in fighting and as a woman.” The younger boy looked at his hyung in shock and in disbelief. “W-what are you talking about? .” Wonho chuckled at Minhyuk’s stuttering. “Yeah, sure you don’t know what I'm talking about. I see how you look at her.” He ruffled his hair and went to help Hyungwon who was now sitting up and holding his side.

 

Changkyung and Kihyun practiced with Hyorin in the gun range. Even though Hyorin’s specialty was snipping she was also good with hand guns and machine guns. She wasn’t anywhere near as great as Hyojin, though. She gave the boys different trials with different guns in order to find what comfortable worked with each of them. After that, the boys practiced their aim and where to shoot their targets.Hyojin’s responsibility was focused on teaching Jooheon and Shownu how to aim precisely and get a quick and neat kill with knives, blades, daggers, and other similar killing instruments. Guns and knives were Hyojin’s specialty. No one could beat her.

 

By the time everyone was done their training, they all gathered around tiredly. Hyojin went to the front and looked at everyone. “Today wasn’t very productive. We didn’t improve any of our abilities considering this is just the first day of training. For the next month, improve what you have learned whether that be fighting skills or aiming skills. Every single one of you has to be in the greatest condition for this mission. We can’t allow anyone to be hurt.” Hyojin made sure to stress each word in her last sentence to drill it into their minds.

 

“Tomorrow, we’ll all train our combat skills. Each one of you will fight either Hyojin or me.” Wonho said. “We'll start at 6AM. Get some rest and be prepared.” Everyone dispersed to the shower rooms on the same floor.

 

Hyojin, Soyu and Hyorin got out of the female shower rooms after thirty minutes. “Wah! I feel so refreshed!” Hyorin said while she stretched her arms out. “Want to get some ramen?” Hyojin looked at the two girls. Without hesitating, Soyu and Hyorin agreed. That was one of her favorite foods to eat after training, even though it wasn’t the healthiest thing to eat. The girls walked to the cafeteria and grabbed ramen from the cupboard. After their ramen was ready, they looked for a table to sit at.

 

“Ah, Soy-I mean, hey guys!” the girls flipped their heads around to see the seven boys they trained with eating. “Sit here and eat with us.” Minhyuk said with his eyes only on Soyu. Wonho noticed Minhyuk's mistake and laughed at the boy. He is so head over heels for Soyu.

 

Hyojin wanted to reject the offer but Hyorin was faster than her. “Sure! We need to get to know each other anyways.” Damn you, Hyorin. Hyojin wasn't pleased with the decision because Wonho was there. Her mood became more sour when she ended up sitting in front of Wonho since Hyorin and Soyu ended up sitting in the seats that were the farthest from him. Hyojin grumbled as she sat down.

 

“Aww, what’s wrong? You should be happy that you get to see my face this close, Hyojin.” Wonho teased.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter