The Agreement

The Arranged Marriage

So then it was decided.

That same early morning meeting had lasted through the evening, and it became agreed upon from both families that the marriage would still be on. Although it wasn’t a very hard and difficult decision, both parties came down to their senses to agree and follow through with the contract. At least, that is what was said.

“Another round of shots, please.” A male tells the bartender. The bartender nods and goes to pours the drinks. The male with jet black hair looks at the younger male next to him gulping down another glass.

“She’s a common folk, you know? That means she’s nothing,” Taemin mumbles through his cup as he swiftly slams it back down on the table.

“Wow, and what do your parent’s think about that?”

“They’re okay with it. Those bastards are okay with just about everything wrong in the world.”

“Marriage. Dude, you’re getting married,” He says.

“Ravi, Don’t remind me,” Taemin demands resting his head on the bar table.

“You know, this isn’t the worst that could happen. She could have been an ugly looking girl.”

Taemin raises his head from the counter, “What’s the real difference here?”

Ravi shakes his head and smiles as the bartender places the ordered shots in front of him. Ravi has been a close friend of Taemin’s since grade school. They’ve managed to keep in touch since both families are close as well. They’ve both been there for each other and it’s been that way ever since.

 “Hey, take a few shots and forget about your ty day with me, alright. Let’s just have nice night out, maybe get some chicks.”

Taemin nods and grabs a glass cup, “Amen to that!”

With the clink of the joining glasses, both guys gulp down the strong drink and continue on with their fun.


“No way!”

“Yes.”

“No way!”

“Yes.”

“No w-”

“Seriously, Jieun?”

In the tall girl’s bedroom, resting by the edge of the window with her fellow best friend Jieun, the two were discussing the obvious matter that had caused Jinri to feel as if her world was crashing down.

Inviting the shorter girl over, this was one of those times where a sleepover was desperately needed. Resting by the window sill, both girls sitting up and looking at the views, tubs of ice cream in their hands, they were stuck on the crazy event that was soon arriving.

“This isn’t a joke?” Jieun asks dropping her spoon in the tub of Oreo ice cream.

“I wish it was, Jieun. I really do.”

“And your parent’s are okay with it? Like 100%?” She asks, turning her head confused, her black hair patting lightly against her back.

“No, of course not. But it’s become pretty clear that nothing can be done about it. I have to follow on with this stupid agreement that I didn’t even make,” Jinri says looking down at the tub of cookie dough ice cream and playing with it with her spoon.

“That’s some serious deal there. Wow, I-I can’t believe it,” Jieun says trying to take in the news.

“Who’s the guy? Is he cute?”

“Mr. Lee Taemin, do you know that he actually wants me to address him like that? Such a . And as for looks, I haven’t even paid it no mind,” Jinri responds.

Jieun laughs at the girl’s response. “Lee Taemin, at least he has the name of an heir, you can play it off you know?”

Jinri stops moving her spoon and looks up to her friend who is still chuckling. “He is the heir.”

Suddenly everything stops. The spoons stop clinking against the tub of ice cream, the laughter comes to a halt, and Jieun looks as if she almost can’t breathe.

“Jinri, you’re marrying the heir of Asia, Lee freaking Taemin! This is amazing, no this is perfect!” Jieun says loudly getting up and clapping her hands excitedly.

“Did you not hear me? He’s a total !” Jinri exclaims.

“ or not, he’s still super famous and important. Did you know on Peoples Magazine he was rated second best looking heir, right after Prince Fredrick which I’m not completely sure of why yet.”

Jinri releases a sigh as she gets off the window sill and retreats to her dresser to place the useless tub down, then slowly inching towards her bed. Jieun notices the somber mood and does the same, meeting her at the edge of the soft bed.

“Heir or not, I’m getting married to someone I don’t even like. I thought I had time to meet the right person and decide if marriage was for me but now it’s like my choices have been taken away from me. It’s not fair, Jieun.”

Patting her back, “You’re right, it’s not. And of course you don’t like him due to the certain circumstances that caused you two to meet, but you just have to get to know him first and maybe just maybe he’ll show you a different side of himself.”

Jinri nods and mouths a thankyou as she leans on the girl for a side hug.

“When are you meeting him again?”

“Tomorrow, they said they had something important to tell me.”


And the Lee’s did have something important to tell.

In the dining room seated at the long glass table with silver linings going down the legs. The silver chairs matched with the table, its softness and plush feeling was very comfortable. Sweets and deserts of all the sorts occupied the long table.

There were strawberry tarts, square lemon cakes, a variety of macaroons, and even brownies. Today, dressed a little less formal but still all the more dressed up Mrs. Lee wore her evening dress that was decorated with printed flowers, it looked very lovely.

“Tea?” She asked Mrs. Choi who simply answered with the nod of her head. Jinri’s parents joined along on this very morning as well. They felt it was important for them to be there whenever the Lee’s had anything that needed to be discussed. Mr. Choi himself just wasn’t always too sure about these folks.

Maybe it was because their whole existence screamed money and it scared him a little. Growing up, it wasn’t a hard lesson to learn that those who have money are those who are in control. And having too much control isn’t always seen as a good thing.

Mr. Lee sat quietly at the head of the table with a cigarette in his mouth, not lighted though which was oddly unusual.

“Will Taemin be joining us today?” Mrs. Choi asked the mother.

Mrs. Lee turned to Jongin who stood idly by the door, “He’ll be down shortly.”

Turning her head, Jinri looked to the young man who looked back at her. Nodding her head to him to greet him, he casually does the same. He was so quiet, Jinri could only wonder why.

“Jinri, I promise not to take so much of your time today. I know how you have your studies to attend to so we’ll make this quick,” Mrs. Lee says.

Mr. Lee nods along and motions for his wife to sit, she does as told in an instant with a smile on her face. “Let’s get started shall we?”

Jongin slowly pulls open the doors to the room, a familiar figure waiting to be let in. All heads turn to him, his tall and slim figure, soft complexion, brown eyes and dashing brown hair. After Jieun’s constant fan girling last night, Jinri was slowly trying to take in everything she had looked past. One was his appearance.

“Come on and sit down, this will be short and quick, son.” Mr. Lee informs his child. Taemin walks over to his father, not daring to look at Jinri or her family and seating as told. Her hands started getting cold and her heart began to race, why had Jinri suddenly got so nervous around him. Maybe it was because he intimidated her a little with his cold attitude.

“So as it has been agreed upon the two of you will be getting married.” Mr. Lee states his eyes darting from Jinri to his sons.

“Additionally, this next piece of news will be a bit hard to take liking to.” Mrs. Lee rubs her husband’s shoulder for him to continue on. “I think it would be best fit for Jinri to move into the house sooner than later and get married here,” Mr. Lee states.

Mr. and Mrs. Choi all gasp while Jinri’s eyes widen along with Taemin’s. “Pardon?” Mrs. Choi asks holding her daughters hand, Jinri quickly holding onto hers as well. Taemin scoffs and crosses his arms over his chest at the news.

“That is quite a sudden move to make, Sir.” Mr. Choi tells him.

With the wave of his hand, Mr. Lee motions for Jongin to come and bring him something. “Not fast enough, this just came in this morning.” Mr. Lee says.

In his hand he holds a newspaper and on the front cover is a blown out picture of Jinri when she was leaving the Lee’s house late that evening. In bold white letters it says, “THE HEIR HAS FOUND A WIFE!?” Jinri gulps nervously at the sight.

"I know that we weren't rushing for a date but since news has broken out there is not enough time to go about this in secrecy. Paparazzi will find her and follow her everywhere that is if you have the right people around you. Here, she will have security and be ensured of complete and total safety. I’ve also taken into consideration her school priorities and will make sure of having a driver present whenever she goes and comes from school.”

Mrs. Lee looks almost astonished by how well he’s taken care of the matter. Mr. Choi keeps a steady gaze on him, “It seems like you’ve gotten this all figured out.”

“I only do what I can, Sir.”

“When do you think is best fit for her to move in?” Mrs. Choi asks.

“Truthfully, this evening or by tomorrow morning.”

Taemin scoffs once more while Jinri releases a sigh.

“There’s a lot of things that Jinri will have to learn as she experiences this new lifestyle, I know that this is all happening rather fast than expected but we want you all to know that we want the best for both Jinri and Taemin.” Mrs. Lee says holding her husband’s hand.

“Is that all, are we done here?” Jinri finally asks, her voice surprising the others in the room.

“Why, yes it is.” Mr. Lee says.

“Good, thank you.” Jinri says getting up quickly and heading straight for the door. Jongin who stands idly by the door moves to open it but is quickly moved back by how fast she manages to leave the room on her own.

“Thank you for your time,” Mrs. Lee says in a gloomy tone as she shakes hand with the adults before following after her daughter along with her husband.

Mr. Lee looks to his son who sits there quietly. “No comments today, son?”

“I have too much of a hangover to even bother, father.”

With a scoff, his father leaves the room following after his wife who watches the Choi’s leave the house from the front. This leaves Jongin and Taemin in the room.

“Can you believe this ?” Taemin mutters.

Jongin remains silent and still in his same spot by the door.

No, Jongin didn’t. He couldn’t believe that his own cousin would be getting married without even putting in any effort. That was unbelievable.


A/N: I know this chapter was much shorter from my other ones but I’m making sure the next chapter is more packed and longer. Are you enjoying the story? If so or not then just leave me a comment on what you like or don’t and just give me some feedback. I’ll update soon.