It's not the Taehyung that Jimin knows.

Pale Boy

Jimin POV

I walked slowly to the canteen with Taehyung beside me. I don't know why, but I feel like there's something wrong with Taehyung's transferal here. Beside the incident with Minjae before, students' reaction when they heard Taehyung's name is also strange. Moreover, with all the students' stare since I walked in here with him.

What is actually going on?

“Jimin, you're daydreaming again. Are you okay?”

Taehyung's voice stratled me. "Are you okay?" He asked again.

I nodded slowly. As much as all this incidents are suspicious for me, I can't let it affect my friendship with Taehyung. After all, today is Taehyung's first day here in Seoul, I need to be able to company him. It must be difficult for him.

I smile widely. "What are you talking about, Taehyung-ah. I'm okay. Oh right, why are you just rushing out after the bell rang? I want to go the canteen with you." protests me.

Taehyung laughed softly while embrace my shoulder gently. This kid, such an annoying habit!

“I'm sorry, there's just something I need to do. I'm sorry. How about I'll treat you all the foods you want as an apology?"

My eyes sparkled after hearing Taehyung's offer. Free foods!? Nobody can't say no to that!

I nodded happily. "Really? Ah, alright then. By this, I, Park Jimin announced that Taehyung's fault has been forgiven."

Taehyung laughed softly seeing my reaction before he pulled me to walks faster to the canteen.

Ah, I can't lie though, I really miss Kim Taehyung.

Unknown POV

I stares at the tall building infront of me. Seoul International University. Ck. I don't know what differentiate this University from other's University, that makes all people want to be a part of this University. This place is just like any other places with a bunch of faker here and there who don't even know which is the real and the fake side of theirselves anymore.

Disgusting.

Done staring at the building, I decided to keep walking without any destination in mind. I feel tired already eventhough I just woke up from my 12 hours sleep. I put my hands on my jacket's pockets. It's not even winter yet, but I can't help the cold feelings surrounding me.

Ha, I think even on the outside, I can't find a warm place for me to fit in. Ck, there are really no place for me anywhere, right?

I laughed softly. There's not even one hint of happiness in my laughter. Everything feels faked. How come someone like me, who hates fake people, is no better than them?

Such a hypocrite.

I decided to just fill my hungry stomach, I stop when I see a homely cafe who looks warm and comfortable enough from the outside.

I don't know, maybe.. Just maybe this time, there's a place that can help me feels comfortable enough unlike the atmosphere out here which try to killing me slowly?

I open the cafe's door slowly. The door's bell ring welcoming me.

But, why the heck is this cafe so quiet? There's not even one customer here. I can't even see the waiters or owner here. What happened?

I keep walking slowly to the table on the corner. There's no one here, but still I love this cafe's atmosphere. I sighed softly. There's nothing I have to do, why don't I just wait in this cafe, then? It's also the first time I found a place like this, that makes me feel comfortable enough to stay anyway.

“Can I take your order?”

I turned away and found a petite guy with a blonde hair wearing a casual clothes holding a note and a pen with his hands. He doesn't looks like he care whose he talking to right now, he keep his eyes on his note.

I keep quite. Why do I feel like I know this guy.

Got no respond for me, the petite guy then raised his head to face me.

Wait, isn't he!?

Author POV

Seoul International University, 12:00 a.m

“Taehyung. Taehyung-ah!”

Taehyung quickly look up at Jimin. “Y-yes?”

“Are you okay? You've been quite. See, you don't even touch your food, Taehyung." Jimin look at Taehyung with a worried face. Taehyung isn't a kind of person who can control himself when a bunch of food is infront of him. But, right now Taehyung just keep staring at his food for 15 minutes.

“Ah, I'm okay Jimin. Don't worry, I'm just trying to adjust myself in Seoul. You know this is my first time here in Seoul. I need a little bit time to adapt." He answered with a his boxy smile.

Jimin nodded. "Ah, I see. It's okay, Taehyung-ah. If you need something, don't hesitated to ask me anything, okay? You know there's not much differences here in Seoul with things in Busan, so I positive that you'll be adapted to Seoul in no time." Jimin explained with a wide smile trying to calm Taehyung.

Taehyung keep silent while staring at Jimin. "You know Jimin-ah, I still can't believe there's a human being like you."

Jimin tilt his head, confused. What is that supposed to mean? "What do you mean, Tae? I don't understand."

Taehyung just shake his head. "It's okay, just forget it."

Jimin shrugged before he focused himself on his food again. "You know, I was really shocked before."

Taehyung raised his eyebrow while keep munching his food. "What?"

“Yes, usually all the students here is always so desperate for foods, especially when queue. I'm pretty sure there's enough foods for everyone though, but they keep pushing around when they're queue. That's why I always got on the last line. But, then. Just now, they looks more calmed and they even let us first! Amazing, isn't it?"

Taehyun sighed softly. "Really? They never let you on the first line?" He asked.

Jimin suddenly goes quite when he heard Taehyung's cold voice in his question. That tone, it's exactly the same with the tone Taehyung used in the class before.

“Jimin, answer me.”

Jimin stare at Taehyung shocked. "W-what? Y-yes, I mean I don't even need to be on the first line though, so of course it was okay for me. It's not even their fault." Jimin doesn't know but he felt like he needed to explained it all to Taehyung.

Taehyung goes quite before he looks at Jimin with a gentle gaze. "Really? Ah, I think I need to make an announcement here."

“W-what!?”

Taehyung then put aside his trays to the corner of his table before he suddenly stand up right onto his table, with Jimin's shocked face next to Taehyung.

Other students whose eating their foods quetly look up at Taehyung. They all looking at Taehyung with a different expression. There are a shocked, worried, confused and even a scared face here and there. Seeing that makes Jimin more convinced that something isn't right with Taehyung.

“Ah, I'm sorry that I disturb your lunch. But, I do hope you all okay to heard me for a second right?" Taehyung asked with his boxy smile.

The students nodded their head quickly.

“You. There. Where the hell do you think you're going? Don't you know it's disrespectful to leave the room when someone is talking." Taehyung said with a straight face.

A male student who tried to bring his trays to another place stop abruptly. "What are you waiting for? Go back to your place."

He immediately go back to his table.

Jimin widened his eyes in surprise. It's not Taehyung, the kid he knows from Daegu.

“I heard my friend here, Jiminnie, is always have a hard time when he tried to queue in here. Ah, why is it like that? Isn't you all supossed to know and understand who have to be precedence and who's not? Don't you all see Jiminnie's face here? Pitiful right? How come you all let him suffered on the last line?" Taehyung babble out.

“Tae-ah, what are you doing? Don't embarassed me, come on get down from this table." Jimin whined while trying to pull Taehyung's pant.

Taehyung just ignored Jimin's whine and continue his announcement. "You all know what I dislike the most in my environment? Ah, I'm so stupid, of course you don't know. I'm just a new guy here, right? I'm a nobody here, right? That's why, I'll let you all know. I really hate it when someone I cares about got a treatment he doesn't deserve in the first place. You know, Jimin here is my best friend, so it's really saddening me to heard this incident about him. So, can we all work together here? You all let Jimin get what he wants, then we're gonna be fine. Or. You can do the opposite and maybe. Yes, maybe. A little talk is needed. Little talk won't hurt anyone, right? So, what do you all think?"

All students just keep quite hearing Taehyung's announcement.

Not getting any responses from the students make Taehyung tilt his head in confusion.

“YAH ARE YOU ALL HERE DON'T HAVE A ING MOUTH. YOU ALL ER UNDERSTAND OR NOT?”

Jimin jumped in his seat after he heard Taehyung's shout. Like Jimin, all the students did the same while they all agreeing 'Yes' to Taehyung's request.

Taehyung smile widely as if there is nothing happened. "Ah, that's better. Thank you, ah sorry for interupting your lunch, go on."

All the students then go back to their lunch while avoiding Jimin's confused stare.

Meanwhile Jimin keep staring at Taehyung with a shocked and worried gaze.

What just happened? This is not Taehyung, the kid he knows from Busan. This is not Taehyung, the kid who needs to take a lot of breath before he can even talk in public. This is not Taehyung, the stupid kid who spent all his savings to met Jimin in Busan. This in not Taehyung, the kid from Daegu who cried after watched all that sad dramas. This is not Taehyung, the kid from Daegu who cried himself to sleep just because he can't go to the same school as Jimin in Busan so he can't protect him anymore.

This. Who the hell is this?