One side of a story revealed.

Pale Boy

Author POV

The rain has been drowned Seoul city since early morning. The kind of weather that made for people to lazying around on their bed, enjoying the warm fuzzy feelings the rain bring. But not for most people in Seoul. Seoul city looks more crowded than ever. People all passing around with their own bussines in mind.

On this busy road, there was a young guy who sat quetly on a swing in the park. An empty park, since it was so early in the morning with a heavy downpour. 

The young guy looks casual with his black shirt, black hoodie with a white training pants and black converse. If someone care enough to look at him, they probably would have thought that this young guy was resting after jogging. But, most probably have thought that he is crazy, who would jogging in this kind of weather?

But, who cares though? Most people only care about themselves. In Seoul, people who busy stick their nose to other people's bussines will never survive. The more selfish you are, the stronger you are. What's the point of caring for others, yourself  is the most important thing, right? 

The young guy still enjoying his position on a swing without caring about his soaked clothes. He stays in his position, in his own world.

The sound of foot steps slowly approach him. But, the guy keep quite even when the foot steps getting near and near him. 

Untill the foot steps stopped right infront of him. The foot steps that also stop the rain that poured on him. 

"Are you okay?" a gentle voice with a specifik accent asked.

The young guy slowly raise his head. He staring straight at his intruder who disturbed his morning routine. A guy with a bright orange hair, with a formal outfit and bringing a white umbrella with him. Without answering the other guy's question, the young guy continue his morning routine and keep his head down. A wordless eviction.

The guy who feel ignored decided to asked the other guy, one more time, with a louder voice. 

"Are you okay?" he asked with the same question.

The young guy keep ignoring the other. He keeps quite staring at his black converse shoes. Both of them are quite, waiting for the others to react. Before the other can ask the young guy another question, a phone's ring break the silence between them. 

The young guy then standing up, took and turn his phone off. Without another words, he just left the bright orange hair guy who stand still staring at the guy's back. 

Seoul International University 9:00 AM

A guy with a bright orange hair come into his classroom out of breath. He wipe his sweat off of his forehead with a prroud smile.

I didn't come late today! Such a progress! He thought proudly. With a small steps, he came to his classroom with a more stable breath. He can see there's already so many others student there. It's normal since the class is about to start in 15 minutes. He saw an empty chair on the back with a wide smile. He walked briskly to there. 

“Eits, I'm about to sit there.” A voice stopped him before he able to sit in the chair he wanted. 

“Hi, Jimin.”

The bright orange hair guy's eyes got wide seeing a familiar figure stand in the middle of the class. 

“Taehyung!”

The bright orange hair guy—Jimin—jogged to approached Taehyung and hug him tight. Taehyung laughed softly before he hug Jimin as well. 

“H-how come you are here? Aren't you supposed to go to the college in Daegu? And, you dyed your hair!" Jimin said after he hugged his best friend. 

Taehyung laughed softly before he ruffled Jimin's hair gently. "I'll explain later. The class is about to start. Oh, did you want to sit there?" He asked while point at the chair that Jimin wanted before. 

Jimin nodded. "Yes, I don't really like this lecture, It'll be better if I sit at the back of the class. I'll go crazy if I have to sit in the front row and heard all the lecture like those students." He explained while point his head to the students in front row.

Taehyung nodded "Okay then, let's go."  

“Wait a moment, Taehyung. The chair at the back is already full, there's only one chair left, I rather sit beside you. That's better right? We can chatting around all day!"

Taehyung tilt his head confused. "Only one left? I guess I can ask that student to move. He looks like he belong to the front row." Taehyung pointed at the guy with a glasses who busy reading his book. 

“You know him?” Jimin asked. 

Taehyung just smile. “You just wait here.” With a leisurely pace, Taehyung walked towards the glasses guy at the back of the class. He knock softly at the guy's desk. 

“Hi.”

The glasses guy look up at Taehyung confused. “C-can I-help you?” that guy asked while stumbling over his words.

Taehyung shook his head. “Do you see my friend there? He want to sit at the back of the class, but the only empty chair left is here, beside you. It's empty right?"

The glasses guy nodded quitely. Taehyung smile widely before he looks confused. “Ah, but he doesn't like to sit beside a stranger. And, you know there's no more empty chairs beside yours, right?"

The glasses guy nodded again. "So, Kim Min Jae, will you be okay if i asked you to move?"

Minjae glanced at Taehyung with a confused and fear in his eyes, he just a nerd in this college, how come this guy knows his name. "B-but, there's no more empty chairs, A-and, I don't want to sit in the front row." Minjae declined with a scared and worried face. 

Taehyung's friendly face changed. He smile softly before he leaned closer to Minjae, he pat his shoulder softly. He leaned his face closer and whisper softly to Minjae.

“You know what, Minjae, I actually wanted to befriend you since a long time. I just got transferred to this college today, but I knew about everyone in this classroom. You know 'Savage'? The gang who always tend to makes trouble in or out this college? And, do you by any chance know who their leader is? Ah, I almost forgot to introduce myself. I am Kim Taehyung." 

Minjae gasping softly. He never thought that this was the Taehyung that people always talking about. He thought he was in Daegu!?

Minjae glanced at Taehyung worriedly, he flinched when Taehyung's friendly face before, now changed to a straight and cold face. 

“Are you guys alright?” 

A soft voice stopped Taehyung and Minjae's conversation. Taehyung slowly turn around before a wide smile plastered back on his face.

“Jimin, don't I already told you to just wait for me?”

Minjae stared at Taehyung in shock. How come this guy changes his expression so fast as like there's nothing happened here.

“It's okay, Taehyung. Besides, the class is about to start, I think eh..” Jimin stared at Minjae in confusion. 

“Minjae.” Minjae answered, understood Jimin's meaning.

Jimin smile softly. “I think Minjae is already comfortable in his chair, I don't mind sitting in the front row then. And, beside we still can chatting around, you know? Who cares about lecturer?"

Taehyung gave a strain smile to Minjae. 
 
“Is that true?” 

Even though Taehyung is smilling, Minjae can feel how Taehyung's voice lower until he can even feel a growl from it.  

Jimin looked at Minjae who keep quite. “Minjae?”

Minjae just shook his head and hurriedly tidy up his books. "I-I think it's okay, Jimin-ssi. Besides, as a scholarship student I should have sit in the front row to understand about the lecture better. Please, sit."

Before Jimin can answer, Minjae already turn around and walked quickly to the front class. 

“What's wrong with him?”

“Ck, You think too much about it. Isn't it better if we start to sit and prepare our books?" Taehyung asked while sit himself down and pull Jimin softly to sit beside him.

Jimin just keep quite while keep staring at Minjae in the front row. He feels there's something wrong with Minjae. He don't really know Minjae, the class just started for like one week. There's not much people he know. But, he often pass around Minjae in the hall when he went to his class, he feels that the smile and that expression of Minjae looks different. Something ain't right. 

“Jimin?” 

“Ah, yes?”

Taehyung looks at him confused. “What are you thinking about?” 

Jimin shake his head slowly, he then smile softly. He don't want to make Taehyung worry, especially on his first day here. 

Before Jimin can answer, the lecturer come and stop their conversation. 

“The class about to start, I'll tell you later."

A guy whose in his 30 stand infront of the class with a laptop in his hand. After putting down his laptop, he turn to face the class before giving them a welcoming smile. 

“Ah, I think the number of students who came getting bigger and bigger. I'm happy that you all starting to realised how important this lecture is. Well, I'm glad, don't skip class."

While the students can only smile already know by heart the lecturer's words by words.  

“Ah, I almost forgot. They must be already noticed a foreign face around you. So, you, the one at the back. Come to the front, and introduce yourself."

Jimin pat Taehyung's shoulder softly. 

“Go, quick!”

Taehyung look at his lecturer and pouted. "I don't really like to the introduction. Can I just do it here?" he asked.

The lecturer can only smile while seeing Taehyung's pouted face. 

Taehyung smile widely. 

“Hello everyone! My name is Kim Taehyung.”

Whisper start to heard around the class upon hearing Taehyung's name. 

“Taehyung? Omo, don't tell me it was Taehyung from ‘Savage'!”

“Oh my god, what his name?”

“Wait, isn't he supposed to be in Daegu?”

Jimin look around in confused. What? How come they knew Taehyung is from Daegu? And, Savage? What the hell is that?

The lecturer hit his desk repeatedly to stop the noises and the whisper. 

“Yah! What are you guys doing! Can you all respect you friend? You all aready an adult, isn't it? Is something like this need to be reminded every single time?" He scold them. "Please, continue." 

“Ah,thank you! Wah, never thought you guys know so much about me. I am, indeed, came from Daegu. I should be transfered here on the first day, but there's something I need to do so I postponed it until today."

Whisper from around the class can still be heard, before the lecturer can scold the students, Taehyung already open his mouth. 

“You know, what. My transfer here, is a little bit difficult. Ah, how do I say it, a gang? Yes, you guys must know what I'm talking about right? They want to meet me before I got transfer here. I do think they are a really good gang, you know. They even help me out to arrange some of my documents."

Whispers starts to calm down a bit. 

“Ah, did this gang make you guys uncomfortable? I can help you to talk with them. I already used to break whatever in my way. It's irritate me." He stated with a cold voice and a straight face. 

He looks around the class. Without waiting for long, all the students already shaking their head quickly. 

Taehyung smile widely. “Ah,good then. I think that's all for my introduction! Thank you!” He finished with a bow and the sit himself back.

The lecturer just stand quitely before he give a hesitating smile to Taehyung. “Ah, you're done? Okay then, I think whatever gang you all talking about is yours to discuss. Alright, let's start our lesson. Open your book, page 5."