022

Without You

 

 

 

Minah locked the door behind her as she sagged down to the floor and let her tears fall.

It’s my mistake.

It’s my entire fault; I never should have started seeing you differently.

She shuddered before closing her eyes.

This must be my punishment, for being too nosey.

“Noona?” Jaehyun was knocking from the other side.

Goodbye, Seo Youngho.

 

 

Taeyong’s secretary glanced at his boss worriedly.

“Are you sure?” He asked again.

“Yes, every call has been put on waiting. Meeting her will all be via appointment.”

“This is all because of~”

Johnny stepped in his office; the other male slowly left the room.

“How does it feel?” Taeyong spoke coldly, Johnny looked away.

“It would be actually okay if you’re the only one who she cut off!”

“Taeyong~”

“I don’t fucking understand.” He spat.

“It’s not that easy, Taeyong. Songhee…we’ve been together for a long time and she’s…she’s always been there for me.”

“And Izzy hasn’t been?”

“I..I..” Johnny trailed off.

“She cheated on you, hyung. And Izzy, Izzy tried to protect you from that pain, do you even know how much she suffered when you ignored her? She kept on crying, and I’ve never seen her cry so much.”

Johnny looked away.

“You always end up hurting her, and it’s not fair when all she’s ever asked you is to choose her over Songhee.”

“Isabelle, doesn’t see me that way, Taeyong, you’re~”

“The fact that those words are coming out of your mouth means that you’re starting to realize something.”

Johnny didn’t reply.

“Good luck on trying to get her back. No, I hope she finds someone better.” Taeyong spat before leaving the room.

 

 

Yuta glanced at the girl worriedly, she was strangely quiet.

“Minah?”

“Yeah?”

“Are you okay? You look..a little..down.”

“I’m fine, oppa.”

“You usually attack me with questions during our meetings. Come,” He stood up, the other directors stood up as well. Minah’s eyes widened.

“Ice cream?” Yuta grinned as they stepped out of the conference room.

She just nodded and followed him to the elevator.

“We’ve been going through the same plan for over two weeks, is that a bad sign? Am I doing things wrong?”

Yuta smiled as they reached the lobby.

“It’s actually correct that you’re meticulous. So, don’t think too much about it.” He planted his hand at the small of her back as they crossed the street.

“I’m still curious, why hasn’t Youngho appeared yet?”

He saw how Minah’s forehead scrunched up at the mention on his name.

“Izzy, did something happen?”

“I fell for my best friend. I hit jackpot.” She said flatly as they arrived in front of the ice cream parlor. Yuta halted.

“Izzy~”

“And this stupid fool asked Youngho if he could choose her over Songhee.” She continued while looking at her shoes.

“I overestimated things, obviously.” She mumbled.

 

Before Yuta could speak, Minah just walked to the doors and entered the ice cream shop.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++