010

Without You

 

It was a sunny Thursday morning when Minah’s secretary entered her office to inform her about her appointments.

“Your lunch schedule is free, the meeting was moved.”

Minah nodded.

“And mister Jung and Kim has left earlier, they said you should try picking up your calls.” Her secretary quoted carefully.

“Yes?” Minah looked up from her seat.

“May I speak freely, GM? As your friend, not secretary.” The male said, she nodded and offered for him to sit.

“The whole department is worried. As you know, director Seo is well liked by everyone…and every time he calls.. well you instructed not to let any of his calls come through, unlike before..so their a bit uncomfortable lying to him.”

“Kangjun-ah~”

“I don’t know if something happened between you two, but he was here yesterday afternoon.”

“He looked so worried, he said you haven’t been..answering his calls for almost a week.”

Minah looked away, her brows met briefly.

“He’s your closest friend, is it not difficult to not talk to him?”

“It is..but, I don’t know what to do.” She sighed.

“He knows. He knows that you’re avoiding him.” He said, Minah nodded, then she took out something from her drawer.

“Remember this?” She said as she handed him the envelope.

“Yes,” He nodded as he took out its contents, Kangjun halted, confused.

“A few days before I saw that, he mentioned marriage..and then I see this. I don’t know how to face him…I want to tell him, but I want to protect him too. Seeing Youngho hurting..I know it will crush me too.”

“But, he has to know this, GM.”

She shook her head.

“I’ll…just call him back later, I’ll be going out for lunch.” She said as she stood up and left the room.

 

 

 

Minah was in the process of searching for her car key when somebody yanked her purse from her.

She looked up and froze.

“Y—Youngho-ya.” She breathed; Johnny was looking at her, his jaw taut and forehead furrowed.

“Four times.” He said.

“Huh?”

“First, it was Cheonju. Second, you have a meeting at seven in the evening, third..a BOD meeting, fourth, your secretary told me you were at Paju, but you were just at home.”

She stilled and looked away from him.

“What’s going on in that head of yours?”

Minah remained silent.

No, you can’t get hurt. I won’t let that happen.

“Park Minah, just exactly, what is happening to you?” Johnny sighed and made her face him.

“Nothing is happening. I’m okay, why are you yelling at me?” She looked up.

“You made me promise that if you’d call, I’d come right away no matter what I’m doing! And now you’re lying to my face!” He snapped at her, Minah paused, he looked so angry and annoyed with her.

“Look, Isabelle, if you want some time alone, I understand that, I know how that mind of yours work, but lying to me~”

“Fine.” She tossed her keys to him.

“Lunch is on you.” She sidestepped him and got in the car.

 

 

Taeyong looked up as Minah entered the restaurant, Songhee watched as Johnny trailed behind his friend, but he looked a little glum.

“Finally, Isabella Park.” Taeyong hooted as she sat down beside him, then Minah looked up. He paused, something was wrong.

“Who ordered?” She asked. Johnny plopped down beside Songhee, she smiled at him before brushing his hair away from his face.

Minah’s lips twitched.

“I did, I arrived first.” Songhee nodded at her.

“I don’t eat any type of fish that has been filleted or sliced, except for sashimi. And, I don’t like pork dishes, especially when it’s paired with glass noodles. And the steak is not well done.” She looked at Johnny as she finished talking.

“We used to this with just the three of us, so I usually had something I could eat. Maybe ordering ahead is a wrong choice.” She glanced up.

Songhee’s brows met as she looked at the girl.

“I mean, calling us wouldn’t have been a big trouble right?”

“Minah-ya,” Taeyong grew worried, Johnny looked at his friend.

“There’s a KFC across the street, it’s either you let me eat alone, or just make me stay here and watch you guys eat.”

The table was silent; Minah raised her shoulders once and stood up.

“I’ll go then.” She said as she stood up and started to walk away from them, she had taken four steps away from them when she heard Johnny stand up and follow her.

She exhaled in relief, her bait worked.

 

That’s it, don’t be around her.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++