Chapter 7

Just A Friend.

The lecture in the class never caught her attention. She stared blankly on her note. Not a single word jotted down. Hana sighed.  She has been ignoring Mark for the whole week. It’s not like she didn’t make any effort, she tried to talk to him but Jia would stick around him all the times. She hated that so much. How long was she’d going to avoid him?  That question was always popped in her head.

Mark didn't give up. He'd followed her after her class ended, trying to talk to her. He frustrated at her when she didn't let him into her room. He leaned on her closed door. "Look. Can we just forget all of this? Be Mark and Hana again."

"Easy for you to say." She shrugged. Mark's face tensed. He clenched his jaws.

"Do you think it was easy for me? None of this has been easy." He kicked her door out of rage. "You don't want to talk to me. So I don't know what is the ing problem happen between us."

"Open this ing door now!" He yelled. The people from other rooms in her level would probably peeking out. She opened it not wanting to be a disturbance to others. Mark pushed her inside the room. His face was fumed with anger. “Tell me what’s wrong with you!”

“It’s nothing.”

“Bull.” He put both of his hand on her shoulders forcing her facing him. “If it’s nothing, just cut all of this crap.”

Shw couldn’t feel her legs. She pressed the palm of her hand to her chest. She felt suffocated. Her heart dropped and her stomach lurched in a nauseating manner. She was trying to holding back her tears but failed miserably. Her tears were falling down nonstop. He can see the pain through her eyes.

"I like you, Mark. A lot." Her voice was trembling. “After you kissed me that night, I knew for sure I want more than just a friend with you.”

"Y- You like me?" He stuttered. Did he hear it wrongly? “But, you pretended nothing happen that night. I thought you’d hate me if you know I was meant to kiss you.”

"What do you mean?" She knitted her eyebrows together.

“I’m not that drunk to know that I want to kiss you, Hana.”

"But I saw you kissed Jia at the party the other night." She looked at him muddled. "She's ing around telling me to stay away from you. And you spent a lot of time with her. I assumed you like her too."

"Is that why you don't want to talk to me?” He wrapped her into his arms. She feels the warmth from his body. This was her favorite place. Mark face softens. “It’s true I kissed her that night. I was drunk, Hana. I thought I was kissing you but then I saw her. I guessed you didn’t wait long enough to see me shoved her away after that?"

She shook her head. Her eyes were searching for his, longing for the truth behind every word he said. There was a long silence in the room. He’s tightening his hug.

“And you Hana are the densest people I’ve ever met.” He flicked her head with his finger.

“Ouch!” She rubbed her forehead and glared at him.

“Don’t you know I’ve been only looking at you during this whole time?” He kissed softly at her temple and whispered, "If you could see through straight into my heart, you wouldn't have known any idea how crushed it is pretending to be just a friend to you all this time."

Mark wiped her tears. He moved his arms around her waist. Then, he pushed his lips into hers. She kissed him back resting her arms around his shoulder. His lips perfectly fit into hers.

"Since when did you like me?" Hana asked nervously after pulling away from the kiss.

"I don't know. Since we're five, I guess." He grinned. “I thought you might get the hint. Don’t you know I don’t date anyone at all? I must have look like a saint or something.”

"What kind of ert likes someone at the age of five?" She raised her eyebrow.

He chuckled. "I'm that kind of ert. You just have to deal with it."

"Then, why didn't you tell me anything?"

"I don't want to ruin our friendship. I was too afraid if you'd freaked out and run away from me." He cupped her face again and kissed her passionately. He dreamed of kissing her every single day.

They sat on her bed leaning against the wall. His finger slid through her hair. Her hand placed against his chest. Mark pulled her in closer to him. He lifted her chin and kisses her again. He kissed her on her lips. He kissed her on the tip of her nose. He kissed her on both of her blushed cheeks.

He pulled both of her arms. She gave in and climbed onto his lap. Her knees were on either side of his hips. She smoothed his hair back with her hands. His eyes never leave her. She kissed the top of his head. She trailed down her kiss to his temple. Then, she crashed her lips softly to his.

The door unlocked and Min walked in. They stopped kissing after hearing Min's cough. She looked at them a bit shocked. Hana's face reddens with embarrassment. She tried to get off from his lap. Mark didn't care. He pulled her in closer. Min walked to her desk and picked up her laptop and a few notes. Before heading out, she smirked at Hana.

"Just a friend, my ."


A/N: I've finally finished the story!! Yeay me!!

The story's progress might have been a little bit fast since I want to put it in 7 chapters only.

I don't know if you like it or not. Do give me your opinion!

Anyway, Thank you for reading from the beginning. ^^ *muahh*