Chapter 6

Just A Friend.

Hana haven’t talk to Mark for almost a week. She didn’t go back to her room after class, she’d stay at the library most of the time avoiding Mark. She’d know Mark would be there waiting in front of her room.  When Mark texted her, she’ll give excuses saying she’s too busy working on some project. 

She walked to her room. She’s need to grab her book to do some revision in the library. Mark was right there leaning on the wall waiting for her. It’s late for her to turn around and run away from him. His eyes caught her. She unlocked the door and let him inside.

"Why do you keep running away from me?" He grabbed hard on her arm.

She didn’t react.

 "Is there something wrong?" He stared at her cautiously. “I’m bored to death without you around.”

She didn't look at him. “You have Jia now, don’t you?"

"What do you mean?” He's so frustrated at her.  He frowned. “Seriously, are you jealous of her? Is that why you’re mad at me?"

"Well, why should I? You're not mine to begin with."

He raised his voice. "Then, why are you so ing mad at me?"

She dropped her head down looking at the floor.

"Did I do something wrong?" Yeah. You kissed her after you kissed me. She shook her head denying the truth. "Then, you have no ing right to be mad at me."

"I know." Her voice started to crack.

"What do you want from me?" He asked her with a frown on his face. His voice sounded very stern. She didn't answer nor looking at him. She turned her body facing away from him. She doesn't want him to see how heartbroken she is. How fragile she is right now. Mark didn't wait. He walked out of her room and slammed the door hard.

She inhaled the air and felt her chest tighten. She holds in her tears. Her mind was messy. She needs to see her father now. Her father will knows what to do. He always does. She texted Min asking her permission to borrows her car for a while. Min gladly allowed her. She grabbed her keys and go to the door.

When she opened the door, Mark was there sitting on the floor in front of her door sullenly. His face was full of regret. He stood up facing her. "I'm sorry, Hana. I shouldn't yell at you. I didn't mean to."

"Just go, Mark." She tried to push him. He won't budge. He wrapped his arms around her and hugs her tight.

"No. You can't keep doing this to me. I don't want you to things like this anymore, please." She pushed him away and walked towards the elevator. She knew she would melt in his arms. Mark watched her walk away. The whole situation was ed up.

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

It was only two hours’ drive away from her house. She pulled in the driveway and sat quietly on her seat.  Mark is all over her head now. She couldn’t shake him off. She took a deep breath and walked out to the front door of her house.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" Her dad asked. His wrinkled face showcases a worried expression. She doesn’t want to cry before. After seeing his dad, she bursts out into tears. "Shh. Shhh. It’s okay princess. Daddy's here now."

Her dad pulled her to the kitchen and sits her on the stool near the kitchen’s counter. He kissed her forehead and made her favorite hot chocolate drink. He sat beside her and pats slowly her back. She pulled herself together and told him about Mark. How she feels about him. How stupid she is to fall in love with him.

"If you don't tell him your feeling, how would he knows, honey? It's not like he can read your mind." Her dad’s trying to reason. She groaned. He was supposed to be on her side.

"It doesn't matter now, does it? He has Jia now."

"What? Who's this Jia?"

"Ughh. His girlfriend I guessed. She told me to stay away from him."

"What a !"

"I know."

"You want me to kick his now? Because I would." Her dad threw a fake punch in the air. She chuckled and shook her head. "Good. I'm too old for that anyway."

She went to her bedroom upstairs. Going back home was the right thing. At least his dad can make she smiles. But she’ll have to bring back Min’s car tomorrow. She didn’t want to deal this problem with Mark yet. She lay down on her bed and stared at the glow-in-the-dark stars that are all over her ceiling. Mark put that for her 15th birthday. She sighed.

She woke up early that morning. She had to drive back to her campus. She knows she has to miss two classes in the morning. Her dad was already in the kitchen frying pancake for breakfast.

“I’ll have to go now, dad. I love you.” She kissed his cheek. His dad grabbed her hand firmly. He looked at her eyes.

“You should talk to him, Hana.” She stared at her dad. “You’ve been friend since forever.”

She hates it how her dad was always right.


A/N: The next chapter would be the final chapter!! Yeay!!

Thank you for subscribing and reading! ^^