Chapter 1

Just A Friend.

"I can't believe you and Mark are just a friend."

"Come on, everyone in the school thought you guys are an item."

"What? No. Doesn't mean if he's always hang out with me that we're a couple? That is just absurd."

She shrugged. Wherever she's been going, everyone would assume Mark is her boyfriend. She never has any feelings toward him. Hell, she didn't even looking at any guys in her school. She's too busy keeping her good grades in school.

But, Mark is Mark. He's always been there for her since they were 5 years old. They're inseparable. She lived with her dad alone when her mom passed away when she's still a baby. Growing up, she does only have her dad, Mark and his family by her side.

Whenever she'd having a rough time, Mark would be there. Taking her to his arms. He'll then curse out whatever things that bothering her. And his warm hug works like magic. It’s soothes her.

So, when she decided to apply for Daegu University, Mark would tag along applying for the same college. She knows she needed him the most to get through the freshman year. Since her dad is super busy with his work on her registration day, Mark willingly to drive her there together. It’s been his initial plan after all.

"What did you put in this box?" It's ing heavy." Mark complained.

"It's my books. Duh." She holds the elevator's door waiting for him. Mark was struggling to keep the boxes from falling. "Stop complaining and get your in here."

She run through the numbers painted on the door searching for her room, room 214. She read every room number softly. Room 206. Room 207. Room 208.

"I really appreciate it if you could hurry. I can't feel my arms now. It's killing me." Mark pouted.

"Aha. Here." She pushed her key unlocking the door. The bed on the left has already been covered with boxes and clothes by someone else. She put her boxes on the right side. Mark lay down on her bare mattress looking exhausted.

Someone entered the room with a box on her hand. This must be her roommate. Her new roommate glanced at her coolly. She seems to be one of those cool kids who like to party a lot. The way she dressed up with leather jacket and skinny jeans give off that kind of vibes.

"Oh. Hi. I'm Hana. This is Mark." She greeted her. Mark waved his hand.

"Yeah. Min." She put down her boxes and shoved all of her clothes in the closet. She didn’t say much then.

"Okay ladies. I have to go now. I need to check in to my hall." Mark waked up for her bed and stretched his body.

"Do you need my help?"

"Nah. I can handle it. Want to grab dinner later?" He raised his eyebrow. She nodded.

"Is your boyfriend going to hang out here all the time?" Min asked after Mark left the room.

"He's not my boyfriend. But he'll probably be here a lot. I hope you don't mind." She started unpacking her stuff.

"Nope. Suit yourself."

She put her new blue sheets on the bed. She stacked her books out on the shelve over her desk.  She just finished shoving her clothes in the closet. This feels good. Her side is now neat and comfy. She looked at her phone when it chimed.

I'll be there in 5 mins
From: Mark


"I'm going out for dinner with Mark. Coming?" She turned to her roommate. Min shook her head.

When she got back to her room, Min was gone. Probably she left after her. Min's boxes were still untouched. Hana lay down on her bed closing her eyes. Tomorrow is going to be a new adventure for her. May the force be with you, Hana!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The first few weeks at the campus is not as hard as she thought. She's been adjusting well in her classes. She's met a few friendly faces in the same class she's attended. They run in the same circle as her, so being a friend with them is unavoidable. It's not like she hates the idea of being in a group of friends. For her, less people less drama.

Mark too would be in a couple of classes with her. The requisite subject for University. Business course is never his game. He's more interested in building and stuff. That's why he's in the architecture course. But he'll come to her faculty's cafe once in a while taking on lunch together.

"So, party tonight at JB's. Want to come?" He asked her while grabbing her fries on her plate shoving to his mouth. She slapped his hand and mouthing 'Stop taking my food!' furiously.

"You know I don't do party." She quickly shoving her fries in not wanting for Mark to steals it again. He sipped on her drink. She rolled her eyes.

"Come on, you're missing the fun things about college."

"No, thank you. I'll have fun curling up on my bed all night watching movie." She replied proudly. He shrugged. They walked together to her hall before Mark saying goodbye.