ii. it's rehearsal time

on stage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Doyoung arched a brow as he turned the pages of the script which was given to him earlier. They're currently at the auditorium because it's their rehearsal time. Taeyeon announced that for the next days, they'll be practicing for the upcoming play instead of discussing. Some of the lazy students in their class found it very awesome while it's the opposite for Doyoung.

 

The smaller heaved a sigh. He'd rather sit on his chair all day and listen to his professor's discussion instead of practicing that lame script. Can someone please remind him how he ended up accepting the role of being the DAMNsel in distress?! Goodness gracious. The story of their play is just too ridiculous for and corny for him. Darn it!

 

Care to know what the hell is the plot of their play? Well, it's all about a widower king who has a beautiful daughter named, Jisoo. Years passed by, the king and Jisoo felt very lonely so he decided to remarry another woman. The woman was very beautiful and charming. But what they didn't know is that it's all an act to deceive them. She's actually a two-faced woman and secretly harbors jealousy to Jisoo's beauty. Just when Jisoo thought that they're actually going to be a happy family, but that's what she only thought. One day, Jisoo's stepmother kidnapped her and brought her to her large country house which is far away. She kept Jisoo hidden and had her locked up. And so on and so fourth because the next scenarios makes Doyoung cringe. But on the contrary, he's glad that there is no kissing scene included.

 

"So what do you all think of the script?" Taeyeon flashed a grin as she looked at the casts of their play.

 

Jaehyun raised his hand as he glance over to Doyoung and smirked. "I like the plot." The boy said in a teasing tone in order to annoy the smaller.

 

Doyoung could only roll his eyes at the annoying boy who's starting up the fight. Like the plot your bastard. Should he change the script and make it into something better? And what he meant by something better, it is where he'll be killing Jaehyun and that will be the end of the most annoying person aka boy in the whole universe.

 

The other students, who are also a part of the play, gave their response regarding the script. Almost all of them found it great and fascinating? For pete's sake, what's so great and fascinating about the plot huh? A hidden princess who will eventually find her knight in shining armor?! That was just so eww! What the hell.

 

Then she turned to Doyoung. "How about you, Doyoung-ah? What do you think?"

 

What does he think of the script? It's actually the lamest and ridiculous of all ridiculous in the whole world. But of course he won't say it out loud. If he tries to say it out loud, then RIP Kim Dongyoung. It will be the end of everyone's incentives, plus points, and exemption. His classmates would probably curse and hate him forever.

 

So even though it's against his will, he still flashed a faint grin. "Everything is for me as long as there is no kissing scene, Professor Kim. I'll do my best to portray, Jisoo!" Wow. You really are a great actor, Doyoung. So great for bearing with everything and pretending to like it.

 

Taeyeon clapped her hands like a seal. "Glad to know! Now, shall we begin?"

 

Everyone nodded, too excited to practice because it is the only way for them to escape classes. Meanwhile, Doyoung just heaved a sigh to his professor's sentence. Looks like, the torture for him being a damsel in distress begins. He reminded himself to smack and kill Kun later.

 

 

The rehearsal began with Taeil, a senior, as their narrator. Yeah. Sure thing that Taeil isn't in Doyoung's class but the senior boy is an expert when it comes to narrating. He can narrate a story, play, and even a documentary. All the students love to listen to his narrations. That's why he's always chosen as the narrator every year for the annual school play.

 

"Once upon a time, in a kingdom far, far away, lived a beautiful princess named Jisoo." Taeil began. "She was very pretty, with tumbling dark curls and doe-shaped eyes. Her mother, the queen, adored Princess Jisoo so much and showed her daughter how to sing, how to cook and to be kind and respectful to everyone no matter what their status are."

 

Doyoung felt the urge to yawn and because he don't want to be rude, he tried to control himself.

 

"But one day, a great sadness had fallen apart onto the kingdom. The queen had died. Because the king loved Princess Jisoo so much, he wanted only the best for her. So he hunted throughout the land to find a new wife. Soon, the king remarried another woman."

 

And that's where Doyoung comes into the stage together with Johnny, the one who's acting as the king and Seulgi as his stepmother. How come Johnny and Seulgi's tandem is a hetero kind while his and the annoying boy's tandem is a homo? So unfair! But wait. Now is not the time to think about that.

 

Johnny or rather known as King Youngho right now signalled Doyoung or rather Jisoo to come over before flashing a wide smile.

 

"Now, you've got a new mother. Jisoo, I would like you to meet Chaeyeon." The king said happily. "Chaeyeon, this is my precious daughter, Jisoo."

 

Doyoung eyed Seulgi for a few seconds as it is a part of the script before flashing a faint grin and bowed down. "It's an honor to meet you, Chaeyeon eomma. Welcome to our family."

 

"Likewise, Jisoo-ah. Thank you." Seulgi or rather Chaeyeon right now smiled and ruffled Doyoung's hair.

 

Then Taeil comes into the scene again. "Little did they know that her smile is all fake. As Chaeyeon gazed at her stepdaughter's youth and beauty, her heart burned with jealousy." He narrated.

 

"And cut! Cut for now!" Taeyeon flicked her fingers as a signal for everyone to stop and shut up. "So far, so good. But Johnny-ah, stop smiling like a creepy boy and act like a king! This is a play and not a comedy bar okay? Seulgi-ah, you did a very great job! Choosing you for the role of the evil stepmother was a good decision. And as for Doyoung-ah, you did a great start. Just express more emotions and get yourself into it. Nevertheless, you 3 did a great job including you Taeil-ah even though we're just beginning. So for now, I'm giving you a short break and we'll resume later until the first scene is polished enough."

 

Doyoung was glad that the rehearsal was over for now. At least, he'll get a short break. It's just the beginning but it's already creeping him out and he badly wants to quit right now.

 

"So how's your first ever rehearsal huh, Princess Jisoo?" Kun greeted him with a teasing smirk.

 

The smaller shot him death glares and started strangling the poor Chi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter