end.

I'm Going To Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

no, we're going to stay;;

 

i) At first, he didn’t notice it. Both of them didn’t notice it.

 

Howon turned when somebody called for him. He flashed his friends slash dance club members his famous canines grins and waved them back with ‘see you tomorrow’ note. After that, he looked back at the small towel in his hand before roughly wiping the fluffy thing against his sweaty neck.

“I can’t wait to go home.” Dongwoo whined as the older tucked his stuff into his bag pack and zipped them off.

He nodded. “Me too, hyung.”

In the next minute, both of them walked out from the changing room with laugh as Dongwoo recalled back a funny incident as they practiced.

“Taemin should be careful next time.” Dongwoo laughed. “Jongin won’t keep laughing if Taemin keep pranked him like that.”

Howon nodded with a small grin. “Eh hyung. You should keep going first. I need to wait for Yeeun.” He glanced down at his watch. “She’s said she’ll be late today.”

Dongwoo looked at him mischievously. “Ooh, our Howon-ie is waiting for Yeeun-ie again?” He teased.

Howon rolled his eyes at his hyung. “You knew we always walk back together, don’t you?”

“You’re eighteen, Howon. Yeeun is eighteen too – why you need to walk each other back home?” Dongwoo exclaimed, there’s a small smile hanging from his bright face.

Come on, Howon, think, come on –

Howon snorted.”Hyung, in case you forget, Yeeun is my neighbour and she’s –“

Dongwoo’s smile faded. He let out a sigh. “Sure, Howon. She’s your best friend since your childhood days anyway. Sure.”

Howon hummed and continued, didn’t noticed Dongwoo’s disappointed expression. “She’ll be mad if I left her.”

“I’m sure she can manage walking alone. Your neighbourhood is not that far. She’ll be fine.”

She’s not going to be fine, Howon thought. There’s an incident where you’re chased by a big dog because Howon wasn’t there – absent because of flu. And then there’s another one when you’re lost in your own neighbourhood. That’s hilarious.

“Yah, you’re grinning again.”

Howon blinked. “Eoh?”

“Howon, howon.” Dongwoo shook his head lightly.

“What?” Howon shoot him sceptical looks.

“You sure you’re going to wait for her alone? It’s almost six.” Dongwoo abruptly changed the subject.

Howon smiled. “Don’t worry about me, hyung. It’s not the first time, okay? You go on first.”

Dongwoo nodded and patted Howon’s shoulder. “See you tomorrow, then.” The older threw him one last glance before lightly shook his head.

Of course, Howon didn’t notice it.

 

 

You saw his dark silhouette against bright sunset’s light at the end of the hallways. You knew it was Lee Howon, his common posture gave it away – his back against the pillar as one of his foot glued on the tiles while another kicked away empty dusks.

“Howon?”

He looked up and his eyes meeting yours as you walked towards him. His dark brown eyes were shining as he smiled at you.  “What took you so long? You never been this late.” He whined as he straightens his posture.

“I told you not to wait for me, didn’t I?” You grinned at he glared at you. “It’s your own fault , mister.”

“Yah!” Howon gasped as both of you walked out from the hallway. “You should said that ‘omooo, howon, you’re so nice waiting for me, aigoo.’ – thanking me or something. Maybe a ‘sorry for making you keep waiting for almost an hour’ would do.”

You threw him a disgusted look. “You knew I don’t go aigooo at people, okay, especially you. Nope.”

Howon laughed. “But really, Yeeun, what took you so long?”

“I on duty in the library, remember?” You glanced at the blue-orange sky. It’s almost seven in the evening. “I’m sorry I make you wait so long, although it’s not my fault since I already asked you not to wait for me.”

“I don’t want you to get lost in our neighbourhood again.”

“Howon!” You gasped. “I was ten that time.”

“But still, I need to make sure.” He grinned, showing off his beautiful canines.

Your tight expression faded into a small smile and you shook your head. “You’re unbelievable.” You retorted.

“Eh wait.” Howon frowned. “I thought you would end your duty as the same time as I finished my practices, no?”

You looked at him, nodded. “Oh right. Today, Baekhyun came to the library and he asked for help. He asked me to teach him how to access the books online.”

“Baekhyun?” Howon tilted his head. “Byun Baekhyun? That new kid?”

“Yes.” You grinned at him as you skipped happily. “He’s handsome, isn’t he?”

Howon rolled his eyes. “Myungsoo is sooo much better looking than him.”

 “Sure, Myungsoo was handsome too.” You giggled lightly. “But aren’t it nice to have somebody new to clean your eyes? I saw Myungsoo since our first year and I am not amused anymore.”

Howon shot you a look. “You’re still amused whenever Myungsoo around, okay? You even said Myungsoo’s cute when you walked past my class this morning. You still have crush on him.”

You raised your hand in defeated. “Fine fine, Myungsoo is cute and I am still amused whenever he’s around.” You admitted that you have soft spot for Myungsoo. But then you always have soft spot for cute and handsome boys. “But Baekhyun is cute too. He got a pretty smile. And he’s nice.” You insisted.

“Woah.” Howon stopped walking and put his hands on his waist – acting like an angry mom would do. “Why do you keep calling people cute?”

You blinked at him dumbly and stated your words directly. “Because they’re cute.”

“You called Taemin cute last week.” He still remembered you praised that particular club member last week.

“Taemin is cute, Howon. He’s squishy.” You then pulled Howon’s hand and dragged him to resume walking again. “And we need to get home fast, idiot.”

“But you never said Sungjong was cute.”

“That because Sungjong was pretty.” You grinned.

Howon snorted. “He will chase you to the end of the world if you said that right in front of his nose, you know?”

“Sungjong will never do that to me.” You clicked your tongue.

“That because you’re big bully.”

You glared at him. “Me? A big bully? Nonsense!” You flipped your long hair and Howon can smell your favourite apple shampoo in the air.

“It’s true. All the kids scared of you, including your Myungsoo.” Howon chuckled. When he said kids, he means Sunggyu, Dongwoo, Woohyun, Sungyeol, Myungsoo and Sungjong – his other best friends – his favourite people.

You turned to him. “Ah whyyy?” You don’t care if people scared of you. That is what a librarian should be. But Myungsoo?

“You’re a big bully.” Howon repeated between laughs.

You jabbed Howon’s rib side using your elbow. “I’m not a bully, you idiot.” You hissed when Howon’s laugh getting louder.

“I shouldn’t be like this.” You bite your lower lip in anxious. “Ah, what should I do?” Myungsoo shouldn’t think you as a bully. “Am I that scary, Howon-ah?”

Howon grinned as he stared at you. He scanned your face – your pale skin, your big dark eyes with your half moon shaped eyebrows, your cute button nose and small pink lips. Your dark brown elbow- length hair brings contrast your skin which makes you stood out more. If Howon didn’t know you, he might admit you’re what they called beautiful. He still remembered when Sunggyu hyung asked him about you on his earlier days and he still remembered when the boys stealing glances over you when you walked with him. They will be tons of boys in the library when it was your call for duty, but none of the boys will make noise (they were busy staring at you after all).

But because Howon know you – the real you – and he think you’re passable.

You’re scary indeed. Maybe because you’re oldest child and you have a younger brother, so to him you’re scary –a fierce sister. Not mention when you’re in duty in the library after classes -- your sharp eyes were like eagles (though Sunggyu hyung (and your fanboys) said your eyes were really pretty). The moment you looked up from your books and looking around, that’s it.

‘Her eyes were pretty, hyung? That’s ridiculous!’ Howon laughed.

And most importantly, you’re scary when you’re cooking. He still remembered when he accidently knocked off the sliced carrots and cucumbers from the counter. He still flinched whenever he remembered on how painful you pinched him that day.

‘Lee Howon.’ You hissed. ‘What you have done to my carrots and -- DON’T TOUCH MY POTATOES, YOU IDIOT!’

“Howon!”

Howon blinked. “W-what?”

“Am I that scary? What if Myungsoo wouldn’t look at me after this?” You whimpered as you pouted and looked down. “Aish.” You sighed.

Howon laughed at your cute action and melted.

Or maybe, you are not that scary after all.

 

 

It was Saturday night. You sit on the floor with your back against the sofa while Howon’s lying fully on the same sofa behind you. Sometimes Howon pushed your head away when your head disturbed his view. There’re two pizza boxes on the table with an almost empty lemonade jug.

It was your routine to stay in Lee’s house whenever Howon’s parents are not at home. Tonight, they’re out for a function.

“Yeeun.”

“Eoh?”

“What are you doing?”

“I’m reading, Howon.”

Howon smiled. Of course, he knew you have nothing better to do than to read. “Come to my house.”

“I don’t want to.”

“Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yeeun.”

A sigh. “Are your parents going out again?”

“Yes.”

“You’re big as elephant but coward as cat, do you know that Howon?”

Howon laughed. “So you’re coming?”

“I’m reading, Howon! You know how I hate moving around when I’m reading.” You whined.  “Nope!” Howon pulled away his phone from his ear, glancing at the cold device for a second before putting it back against his ear. His eyes darted back to the neighbour house – to your room exactly. He can’t see you from the windows – that means you’re lying on your stomach on your bed then. Howon was that good when it come to you and your habits.

“You can continue your reading here. Maybe we can have your favourite pizza and lasagne, my treats, really.”

He heard a sigh. “The answer is still no, Howon.” Howon knew you’re close to agree but you’re just too lazy to move so he replied, “I know you’re coming in ten minutes, Yeeun. See you.” He ended the call. He got a secret weapon anyway.

He glanced up to your window. No movements.

Howon grinned and took a deep breath. “MOM, CAN YOU CALL YEEUN AND ASK HER TO STAY WITH ME WHILE YOU’RE GONE?” He intentionally making his voice louder so that one particular neighbour of his (read : You) can hear his words.

“Sure honey, I’ll ask her in a moment.”

Howon’s grin widened before he looked back again at your window. This time, he saw a movement and a second later he saw how fumed you’re through your opened window.

You yelled at him. “IT’S NOT FAIR, YOU IDIOT.”

That was how you came to the Lee’s house, Howon was at the door to welcome you with his winning grin but you replied him a hard punch to his stomach before walked in and asking for more cheese and macaroni as extra topping for your pizzas.

“This story is boring. Where’s the remote?” Back to the reality.

Howon threw you a glance. “Yah! Let me watch this peacefully, can you?”

You shook your head as our eyes roamed around. “Let’s watch another channel, eoh?”

Howon groaned. “Yah, go read your book. I thought you’re dying to read just now, isn’t?”

You turned your body and slapped Howon’s arm. “You’re the one who forced me to come here, you idiot.”

Howon hissed in pain as he rubbed his arm. “I didn’t. My mom did.”

“It’s not fair to use the mom card, you know.” You turned back to the front and took the last slice of your pizza.

“That was the last piece, Yeeun.” Howon gasped.

You nodded as you chewed.  “So what?”

“You should offer that to me!”

You gulped down and glared at him. “You should be grateful I’m staying here even though you didn’t get me my extras topping, Lee Howon.”

Howon grinned when you called his full name – which means you’re annoyed. “I don’t have extra money duhh.”

You hate seeing on how Howon’s canines popped out when he grinned as if his teased you. You felt offended.  It’s annoying. “You can ask your mom to call me but you can’t ask your mom for extra money? Coward it is.” You snorted.

“How about you go to the kitchen and make me some warm milk, hm?”

You snapped your head to him. “What? You’re going to sleep now?” You knew it was Howon’s habit to drink warm milk before he went to bed.

“I’m not going to sleep duhh, I’m not that bad to leave you alone. I’m just craving for some.” Howon glanced down at you.

“Go make one for yourself.” You turned back to the tv.

“Yeeun-ahh.” Howon reached for your ponytail and tugged your hair lightly. “Go make one for me, eoh?”

You slapped his (threaten) hand away and stood up. “Lazy bum.” You glared at him and throw the pillow that rested on your laps before on him. You turned and quickly walked towards the Lee’s spacious kitchen.

You can hear Howon’s laugh from the living room. “I will tell your future boyfriend that you’re really good.”

You rolled your eyes as you reached for milk powder’s tin. “Forget it. I won’t introduce him to you.” You quickly boiled the water and moved to the refrigerator to reach some creamer. You’re already familiar with the Lee’s house – so it’s a norm for you to move around comfortably and get anything that you want without permission.

Heck, Howon had been doing the same things to your house.

There’s one day where he come abruptly because he smelled your newly baked cookies.  You ended up chasing him around the neighbourhood for finishing those cookies.

Howon glanced up at the grandfather’s clock at the corner of the living room and groaned.

“What took you so long, Yeeun-ah?” He flipped the channel and threw the remote aside in frustration. Usually, it will takes only five minutes maximum to make a glass of milk but its ten minutes past already.

Sighing, Howon threw his legs off from the sofa and stood up. He stretched his limbs before lazily dragged his feet to the kitchen – only to saw you typing something to your phone as you’re seated on the stool beside the counter.

“Yah, what are you doing?” He crossed his arm, his right side against the pillar at the kitchen’s entrance and raised his brow when seeing you giggled softly over your phone.

You looked up straight away. “Eoh?” You blinked before pointed his (favourite) purple mug. “There’s your milk.”

Howon stared at you for a moment before he walked in and reached for his milk. “Texting friend?” He took a sip of the white drink. Warm. Creamy. Perfect.

He let out a small bliss sigh.

You hummed as a reply.

“Who?” Howon throw you a glance. “Soojung?”

Soojung is your best friend.

You smiled widely as the phone’s beeping again – another new massage received. “Nope.”

Howon frowned. “Then?” He brought the mug closer to his lips.

“Baekhyun.”

His mug stopped in the middle of the air. “Byun Baekhyun?”

“Eung.”

“You gave him your number?”

“He asked for it.”

Something flared up inside him. “I don’t know you’re that easy.”

You glared at his remarks but replied nothing.

Howon pouted and drank his milk slowly – his mind’s working. A boy with square smiles and loud voice came into his mind. Howon hated that boy already even though they never spoke before.

“Howon?”

Howon looked up at you and brig down his mug away. “Eoh?”

“Let’s go to the living room.” You repeated.

Howon nodded. “Yeah, sure.”

There’s a white line on his upper lip. You smiled at that before jumped down from the tall stool and walked to him. You then wiped his lips that stained with white milk with your fingers and shook your head lightly, grinning widely.

“Such a child.” You retorted before walked to the front, living your best friend behind.

Howon grinned widely at your spontaneous action until it’s hurt – however he don’t even remember his hatred toward that Byun Baekhyun guy anymore before he quickly followed your trail to the living room.

 

 

 

ii) He got thousand emotions when he with you, but he was too dumb to realise.

 

“Hyung-deul, did you hear already?” Sungjong put down his tray on the table and seated down next to him. Howon glanced at him before continued eating his bread.

On the other side of the table, Woohyun leaned across the table to take one of Myungsoo’s kimbap. “About what?”

“The Senior Prom’s Night! One month from now!” Sungjong grinned.

Sungyeol shot him a look. “And why are you seems so excited, kiddo? It’s not like you’re going anyway.”

Sungjong is one year younger than the other six – he was seventeen. Ignoring Sungyeol words, Sungjong continued. “Yes I’m excited. I’m going to be your designer – all of you. I know the perfect clothes for you guys to wear.” His big eyes were shining along his catfish-like smile. “Let me do this and the prom night going to be one of the perfect nights in your life!” He exclaimed.

Howon laughed at his words.

“Well glad to hear that, Sungjong. I guess our Dongwoo here can be saved.” Sunggyu grinned.          

Dongwoo choked on his banana. “Hyung!”

Myungsoo quickly passed Dongwoo his bottle and rubbed the elder’s back.

“My fashion is not that bad!” Dongwoo whined before taking a big gulp of water.

Howon grinned when Myungsoo complained that Dongwoo need to drink water more carefully.

“How on earth you can be so hyper even while in drinking, hyung?” The handsome male said.

“So who are you guys going to ask to the prom anyway?” Sungjong asked.

“Jieun asked me to go together.” Sungyeol shrugged and flipped his bang proudly. “I said yes.”

“You knew she have crush on you for a long time, Yeol.” Howon snorted. “Of course she will ask you straight away.”

The other nodded.

“I’m thinking to go with Bora.” Sunggyu grinned.

“She’s going to get mad if you didn’t go with her, hyung.” Woohyun glanced at him.  “She’s your girlfriend duhh.”

“It was not necessary to have partner, right?” Myungsoo asked.

“Yeah, it’s fine.” Dongwoo nodded.

Sungjong stared at Myungsoo. “You should find somebody hyung. I need you to win the best male’s dress, so you really really need to find somebody to enter the competition.”

Myungsoo grinned. “I just don’t know who—“

“I bet Myungsoo got a lot of invitation already. It was he who was too lazy to find one.” Howon smirked.

Myungsoo shrugged. “Well, I’m thinking to be a freelancer. I can eat with anybody, dance with anybody and troll with anybody at the prom. If I come with somebody, isn’t it going to be suffocated? You need to eat and dance with that person only, it’s boring.”

“Yah! Are you talking about me?” Sunggyu groaned.

The other started to laugh. Myungsoo grinned, showing off his dimples. “No offense, hyung.”

“I will join the club.” Woohyun grinned. “Fooling around seems a very good idea.”

Howon nodded. “I’m in too.”

Everyone around the table snapped their head towards Howon’s direction.

Howon’s laugh faded. “..what?”

Dongwoo and Myungsoo exchanged glances and sighed.

“You’re not going to ask Yeeun?” Downgwoo asked.

Howon stared at him dumbly. “Yeeun?”

Woohyun nodded. “You’re not going to ask her?”

“If you’re not going to ask her, then I will.” Sunggyu cut in.

“Hyung, you already have Bora!” They gasped.

Sunggyu blinked. “Ah right. I forgot.”

Sungjong rolled his eyes at the eldest before looked back at Howon. “But really, Howon hyung, you don’t want to ask Yeeun noona? Everyone wants to ask her but they don’t brave enough.”

“I’m one of those boys, lol.” Sunggyu grinned.

“HYUNG!”

Sungyeol glanced at Sunggyu. “I’m going to tell Bora about this, really.”

Sunggyu grinned. “Just kidding.”

Howon frowned, ignoring Sunggyu completely. “They did? I though all of you scared of her.”

Myungsoo stared at him. “We scared when she’s in her librarian mode. But we liked it a lot when she’s not in her duty, you know?”

“Yeeun is another normal girl when she’s smiling or laughing.” Dongwoo stared at Howon. “You know she was pretty, don’t you?”

Howon snorted though something inside him felt uncomfortable when all of his best friends talked fondly of you. He liked it better when they scared of you, really. “She’s pretty, hyung? You guys reall—“

Dongwoo quickly cut his words off. “Of course she was not gorgeous as Kim Taehee or SNSD’s Taeyeon but she got the face that um, kinda soft and mothers like that kind of woman with genuine face.”

“Her eyes were really pretty.” Woohyun added. “Like really really pretty.”

Sungyeol nodded. “And she’s a good cook too.”

Howon really hated this feeling that burning up his stomach.

Myungsoo grinned. “Howon hyung, if you don’t want to ask her –“ Howon want to vomit at Myungsoo’s sickening grin, “—I think, it was a good idea if I’ll go and as—“

“I’LL ASK HER TO GO TO THE PROM WITH ME.”

He felt much better when Myungsoo’s grin faded.

“Ah, really?” Sungyeol’s grin widened.

Dongwoo and Sunggyu exchanged meaningful glances.

“Really what?” Howon turned to Sungyeol.

Sungjong tilted his head. “That you’re going to ask Yeeun noona to the prom.”

Howon gasped. “I SAID THAT?” His eyes widened.

The others nodded.

“I suggest you to ask her immediately, Howon. I think Baekhyun might one to have her as his prom date too.” Sunggyu said.

“Byun Baekhyun?” Howon snapped.                                                 

Sunggyu nodded. “Yes.”

That Byun Baekhyun guy wants to ask you to go to the prom together? Heck, no he didn’t allow it. Who’s that Byun Baekhyun guy think he was? Yeeun should not go to the prom with that kid.

“I-I’ll do that, then.”

Howon didn’t notice his fingers curled into a tight fist.

 

 

“I’m thinking to ask Yeeun to go to the prom with me.”

Howon stopped playing with his phone when the voices hit his eardrums.

“Yeeun? That librarian?” Howon knew the second voice. It’s belongs to one of his dance club’s member, Jongin.

“Yeah.”

Howon looked around before he peeked at the two of them from the lockers.

Byun Baekhyun  the Bastard.

Jongin frowned. “You have the courage to ask her?”

Baekhyun snorted. “I don’t know why the other scared of her. She’s beautiful, nice and lovely.” He sighed dreamily.

Howon fingers turned into a curl fist.

“That because you have thick face.”

Howon looked down at his phone. He quickly exited the game application and tapped on massage app. His fingers moved against the screen keypads and typed a massage.

He pressed the send button in hurry.

“Whatever.” Baekhyun closed his locker. “Do you think she’ll agree if I ask her?”

“But Baekhyun, Yeeun is close with –“

Howon took a deep breath, walked out from his hiding and casually walked to them. “Hey Jongin.” He grinned.

Jongin looked up at him and breathed, “-- Howon.” But the sun-kissed skin male grinned back at him. “You’re going to practice today?”

Howon nodded as he glanced down at this Byun Baekhyun guy. “Of course I will.” His phone rang out of sudden. Glancing down at the ID caller, Howon grinned. “Excuse me for a moment, I need to pick up this call.”

Jongin nodded and shrugged while Baekhyun shot him a weird look.

Not that Howon cared anyway.

“Hello?”

“Howon hyung, why do you asked me to call you straight away? Sound important.”

“Oh Yeeun-ah? What is it?” He glanced at Baekhyun – the boy turned stiffed.

“Yeeun?” Sungjong asked. “Hyung, you asked me to call immediately right? What’s wrong? What Yeeun?”

“Yes yes I heard about the prom.” Howon grinned too widely. He’s sure Baekhyun heard and saw the state he was right now.

He can hear Sungjong’s frustrated huff. “Howon hyung, I’m a bit clueless right now and it will be great if you can explain—“

“Sure, we can go to the prom together.”

Sungjong gasped.

Jongin gasped.

Baekhyun gasped.

Howon smirked.

“What the hell wrong with this hyung?”

Howon chuckled. “Sure, we will talk more later.”

“Hyung, we are definitely going to talk later. You got me deadly curious.”

“Alright, Yeeun-ah.”

“Wait hyung! Did you used me?”

“Yes yes alright. See you, Yeeun.” Howon ended the call with a satisfied smile before put it into his pocket and turned to the duo. “Um, I will go now.” He glanced briefly at Baekhyun before looked at Jongin. “So see you this afternoon, eoh?”

Jongin nodded and grinned. “See you, dude.”

Howon smirked lightly at Baekhyun and walked away with light steps.

 

 

You frowned when you saw Howon walking towards you with a big smile painted on his face. It was nothing special – it was Monday and Howon just finished his dance practices.

He supposed to be tired and lifeless at this time, you thought.

But he was energetic. He even smiled to the junior who passed him making those fangirls squealed happily. Lee Howon – the boy who rarely smiled at strangers and do nothing else – was grinning at the others students.

You shot him a weird look as he came closer. “What happened to you today?”

“Nothing.”

You tilted your head. “Then why are you keeps smiling?”

“I can’t smile?” Howon asked.

You shook your head, amused. “You’re not the type who’s smile –“

He knew what you’re going to say – that he’s not that type who’s smile often. “I smile a lot whenever I’m with you though!”

When those words escaped from his lips, his felt that all the blood rushing to his face and ears. The words came out in more of affection tone that he means. Thank God there was nobody near enough to hear the conversation.

He glanced up at you and silently letting out a small sigh of relief. Your face expression didn’t change – it's still amused – as if trying to make out whenever he was joking or not.

“Well,” You glared at him. “I was tortured whenever you’re around. You’re a big bully. The feeling isn’t mutual, mister.”

Howon let out a laugh – somehow half disappointed and half relief. “Let’s get going, okay? Before the rain become heavy.”

Ah right, it’s raining, you thought. Howon’s favourite.

No wonder he became super giddy.

Your eyes widened and you stopped in your tracks.

Howon frowned. “What’s wrong?”

“I didn’t bring my umbrella.” You gasped. “What should I do?” You whined. “Should we wait until the rain slow down?”

Howon chuckled as you’re panicking. “I brought my umbrella.”

You turned to him. “You did?”

Howon slung his bag off and took out an umbrella.

You blinked. “Wow, you’re indeed something today. Usually you’re the one who forgot the umbrella.” You let out a sigh of relief as Howon passed you the umbrella.

Howon grinned as he zipped off his bag. “Yeah? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?”

You shrugged as you opened the umbrella and stepped in the rain with a purple (of course, it’s Howon’s) umbrella over your head. Howon joined you in the second and you passed him the umbrella handle – since he was taller and it was comfortable that way. Howon took it in his right hand straight away and his left hand automatically went to pull your shoulder as that your side pressed closer against him.

Howon grinned. “Let’s get you home.”

 

 

Howon heard your laugh when he walked down the stairs on his way to the practices room. He quickly descended the stairs and looked around before he spotted you at the corner talking to somebody that he didn’t see (because that somebody was at the other side of corner).

Howon frowned a bit when your laughs getting louder.

A small question popped out on his mind.

Who made you laughed loud like that other than himself?

 Soojung?

Other librarians?

But Howon's frown dropped and a small smile appeared on his face when you’re pouting before saying something – more like whining – to the other person.

He got an idea.

Howon looked around once again. The hallway was almost empty. He quietly tiptoed to you before standing behind you without alerting you.

Then he poked your shoulder quickly with a, “Boo!”

You jumped in shock and quickly turned to him. “Howon!” You slapped his arm. “I almost die of heart attack, you idiot!”

Howon let out a big laugh at your horror face.

You huffed. “If you ever do that again, I promise I’m going to kill you, Lee Howon.” You glared at him.

Howon laughed and clenched his stomach hard. “You should see your face, really.” His eyes were twinkling.

You slapped his arm once again and this time he let out a small ‘ouch.’

“Serve you right.” You hissed.

“No need to abuse me, okay?” Howon whined as he rubbed his arm.

Somebody cleared his throat.

Both of you and Howon turned to the voice.

Howon’s frown find to his face almost quickly.

What the hell –

“Oh right, sorry Baek.” You smiled sheepishly before you glanced up at Howon. “This is a friend of mine, Lee Howon.” You turned to Howon. “Howon, this is Baekhyun.”

Howon frowned deepened when you introduced himself to Baekhyun with his full name but didn’t do the same to this Byun Baekhyun.

Baekhyun smiled and his eyesmiles appeared. “Baekhyun.”

Howon felt like he was to paw this kid’s eyes and threw them away. “Yeeun’s best friend, Howon. We’ve met before. Jongin’s friend, right?”

He noticed how Baekhyun’s expression changed at his tone but that kid quickly composed his smile. “Yeah.”

Unfortunately, you noticed Howon's protective tone too. You glanced at him for a second before smiled at Baekhyun. “Uh yeah, we have been friends since we are in diapers so –“

“I’m her eternal best friend.” Howon cut in.

Your head snapped to his direction. What’s wrong with Howon and his tone?

Baekhyun smiled. “Well, what an interesting friend, Yeeun. But we need to go to the library right now, you promised to help me in Chemistry.”

Howon turned to you and hissed. “You never teach me chemistry even when I’m begging for it.”

You threw him an apologetic looks and whispered, “He insisted and besides –“

“Howon!”

The three of you turned and spotted Dongwoo at the end of the hallway with a bag slung over his shoulder.

“I thought you already arrived in the practice room.” Dongwoo frowned but quickly added, “We need to go now, Kang seongsang-nim doesn’t like waiting.” Dongwoo smiled at you and waved lightly.

You replied back before nudged Howon’s arm lightly. “Yah. You better go now.”

Howon sighed before he threw a glance between you and Baekhyun. “You?”

“I will be in the library.” You can see Howon’s deflated shoulder so you hold his arm and rubbed on it lightly. “I will wait for you at the usual place when you finish your practice, okay?” Howon melted right away when you smiled softly at him while patted his shoulder like you always do.

Howon nodded, didn’t notice his own smile getting wider. “Alright. See you.”

 

 

You rushed to the nurse wing and swung the door open. You saw the nurse startled by your action judging from their shocked face so you bowed deep enough before walked to them. “Where’s Howon, Mrs Kim?”

Mrs Kim smiled at you and cooed, “You’re here for Howon?”

You nodded too quickly, catching your breaths in between.

Mrs Kim pointed at a direction of a corner of the nurse wing – where your eyes followed and you found a mob of student are staring at you from the corner.

You flustered before you thanked the old nurse and walked to them. You saw Howon on the pale mint bed immediately when the mob makes a way for you.

“Yah!”

Howon looked up and a small smile appeared on his face. “Yeeun?”

You closed in and slapped his arm. Howon’s smile dropped and he winced in pain as he rubbed his arm.

“It’s hurts!” Howon whined.

“You are a dancer and you dance like twenty four hours and you’re fine but you got your ankle sprained just because you fell down the stairs?” You glared at him and hissed.

“Yeeun,” Howon looked at you. “Are you crying?”

You sniffed, still glaring down at him. “How on earth, y- you –Howon.”

Howon glanced at his friends with panic before pulling you closer. You immediately leaned into his body and let him hugged you. Your tears dam broke right away. Howon glanced at his friends once more time before patting your hair as you sniffed.

“H-hey, don’t cry.”

“I was shocked to death when they told me that you fell and injured, Howon.” You sobbed.

Howon let out a small chuckle as his hand continued pampering your apple-scent hair. “I just sprained my ankle, Yeeun.” He said softly. “Nothing’s serious.”

You pulled away from the hug and Howon feel something painful inside him when he saw your red eyes. He pushed away your bangs from your face very gently.

“But you can’t dance for the time being. Your ankle –injured.” You whimpered.

You knew how big deal dancing was to Howon. Dancing was his hobby, his passion and his life. Sprained ankle might put Howon’s talent into hiatus. And you don’t want Howon to stop dancing. You just can’t. He loves dancing – he needs it as much as he needs air for breathing.

To think that he can’t dance for a while make you sad.

Howon glanced at his nicely wrapped ankle. He smiled weakly. “The nurse said I need to take a break for a while.”

Your eyes followed his gaze. “Is it hurt?”

“Mhm-hm.”

“Howon hyung, I’m sorry.”

You looked up when you heard somebody whimpered and it’s Myungsoo who dunked his head down. That was when you noticed all of his friends were there. You stood up from the bed immediately.

You bowed to them rapidly. “Omoo, I’m sorry I didn’t notice you guys before.” You wiped your wet cheeks messily.

Sunggyu chuckled. “We already figured that out.”

You glanced at Howon for a second and smiled back at the other six. You’re not that close to them, heck you’re not close to any male students in the school (exception for Howon). You only exchanged awkward smiles and greetings before if you ever bumped into them.

“I felt like we are the one who disturbed you two.” Sungyeol added.

You blinked in confusion but decided to let it slide away. “Um, thank you for bringing him here.”

“They were with me when I fell down.” Howon said.

You nodded absent-mindly. “How did you fell anyway?”

“I-I accidently pushed him.”

You snapped your head to the voice – that belong to the cute boy, Myungsoo.

“You what?”

The atmosphere turned heavy almost immediately.

Myungsoo shocked at your tone and shifted uncomfortably under your hard stare. Even Dongwoo and Sungyeol looked at anything except you.Your eyes screamed murder to all of them.

Howon tugged your hand. “He didn’t mean it. We are joking –“

“—and he pushed you off?” You glared at Howon.

Howon sighed. “Things happened okay?”

“Yes, but –“

Howon pulled you closer so that you can hear his whispers. “He was your Myungsoo, okay Yeeun, calm down.”

You straightened your posture and shot him a look. “So what if he is Myungsoo?”

Howon frowned but only for a second because there’s an amused smile on his face.

Aren’t she should be fangirling right now because Myungsoo was just within her reach?

There’s something slipped into him – proud – when you ignored Myungsoo for him.  

She’s ignored Myungsoo – heck, she even mad as hell at him, Howon grinned in silence.

It feels so good out of sudden even though he wanted to strangle everything and wailed in sadness when the nurse announced that he can’t dance for a time being before you came.

“I’m sorry.” Myungsoo said again, still hiding behind Sungjong. The youngest looked away when he met your eyes.

You let out a small sigh and nodded. “I’m sorry, I w-was just –worried.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter