Final

Regale

“I’m going to Hawaii in a month.”

“Good for you.”

“You don’t want to come with?”

“No.”

You’ve been giving your back to him every since he stepped through your shared bedroom’s door, and Chanyeol has gotten no indication that you have any intention to move. 

But he knows you really well, and he knows there are a few things that’ll at least make you stir in your little corner of the plushy bed. 

“Key hyung is coming.”

“No, he’s not.”

“How do you know?” and his tone is betraying him, making him sound way angrier than he actually is because he’s always been a tiny bit jealous of the bond you share with Kim Kibum. 

He’s just your soulmate, whether Chanyeol likes it or not. 

“Because he has a lecture that weekend.” 

“Yeah, that’s why he’s landing the next day.”

“What?! Wait, wait, hold on,” and you’ve sat up and pulled out your phone and he’s the last person you called today so you only need to tap that call button twice to hear that annoying ringback tone. 

He answers after two rings.

“Yo, baby,” his voice is always deeper than you expect it to be, especially when he speaks English, and it always makes you smile. “What’s good?”

“Bum~” you’ve thrown yourself back onto your pillows and downy comforter again, “did you change your mind about Hawaii?”

Chanyeol watches almost too patiently as Key hyung explains that he might go, and that he also might not since their tour kicks off the week after the MT. It’s when the conversation drifts onto other topics that Chanyeol’s blood starts to boil, and you seem as bored, as unbothered as you were when he walked in when you finally hang up. 

“You should come,” he’s coming around to sit next to your resting figure, “it’ll be nice to be a real couple out in the wild for five days. Hm? What do you think?” he’s starting to nudge you now. 

“No.”

“Are you sure?” his own voice is deeper than the ocean floor, and it makes you shiver for just a moment. 

“I need a break from you anyway, you’re so much work and I need some solo time.”

“You don’t mean that.”

You shrug, and it makes the hairs on the back of Chanyeol’s neck rise with chills. You must be either really, really tired or really, really mad. What did he do? Did he do anything this week? He can’t quite recall ing up. 

“Maybe you can go grind on some canes over there, too. Whatever, I don’t care.”

Oh. 

“Are you seriously upset about that?”

“Upset? Why would I be upset? I’m not upset about anything. Not the whole cane ing thing or the dyeing your hair red without telling a soul and coming home looking like that, making me go through that concert with you looking like that. I’m not upset in the least.”

“I sense sarcasm in your voice.”

You snort, though your mind is still replaying two of the three concerts you attended this past week. While you were standing with Lee Sooman for the first one and Choi Minho for the second, you couldn’t control your expression in the least, and it wasn’t all that nice to find out all of the things that Chanyeol had kept from you while he was preparing for this concert. 

Now, while your boyfriend makes you feel flustered on the daily, sometimes because of the dumbest things, what upset you was the reaction other people had. When you actually sat down to listen to what other fans were screaming, the way the choreography was intentionally made to be so ual made you feel like Chanyeol was being treated like an object. 

And he lets fans see him like that, they all let themselves be seen as these impossibly perfect ‘idols’ and not just people. 

You blame Chanyeol for wanting to date someone so outside that world, you blame him for having this kind of toxic thinking but you can’t change any of it. Because, again, you’re so outside of that world. 

Also, you hate it when he does the dark handsome taunting beauty thing on stage and then tells you he can’t spend the night because he has rehearsal. 

“You sense incorrectly.”

“Babe,” Chanyeol knows you absolutely hate it when he brings up pet names when you’re feeling like this, “are you having post concert depression?”

“Among other things,” you relent, it’s no use being any more grumpy because you’re kind of craving cuddles now. Chanyeol laughs and peers over to meet your eyes, but you make it a point to look away and squash your head further into your pillow. 

“All of the noonas are coming, you know. To the MT.”

You mean to shoot a snarky response, but you decide it’s not even worth it anymore. In fact, you kind of feel like taking a nap now. 

“Including Hyoyeon noona.”

He’s actually blushing the whole time he watches you spring out of that bed like you’d won the lottery, looking at him with large, sparkling eyes and a grin so wide it could start wars. 

“Why didn’t you say so before?” you’re squashing his cheeks between your hands and he’s giggling, “Chanyeol, do you know what this means?”

“No, but I have a feeling you’ll tell me in a second.”

“Park Chanyeol.”

“Yes?”

“We can have a .”

Chanyeol blinks and he blushes deeper. “So it bothers you that I was grinding on some sticks but you’re totally willing to jump in for a with another girl?”

You blink back, blankly because this is a no-brainer. “Um, yes, since we are talking about Kim Hyoyeon.” 

He wants to get mad but he can only laugh, and his hands settle on your lower back before he lays you down on your back in bed. 

“How about we just go through that choreography right here, hm? Without the dancing canes.”

“And then we can revisit the thing later.”

You release his face somewhat, just until his features soften and you can see that he’s really giving it some thought, just until he leans down to plant the softest kiss on your lips. 

“Maybe.”