Chapter 1

Hate U, Love U

Donghae's POV:

I like her. I like her alot. Just the mere thought of her name gives me a heart attack.

I've been liking her for a really long time now but I can't seem to tell her. Everytime I'm about to it's like my tongue gets tied and nothing comes out.

Sigh.

Lee Donghae, you can do this. Just tell her. What's so hard about it? All you have to do is say I love you...

 

"AISH!"

"Yah, Donghae-ssi what's the problem and you're making unnecessary noises and faces. You look stupid." Eunhyuk said, smirking.

"You're thinking about confessing to Yoona-ssi again, aren't you?" Leeteuk hyung from the front seat of the van. "Donghae-ssi, it's not like you're going to propose to her!"

"But hyung, I just can't tell her. It's not easy to just say those 3 words!" I told him.

"But hyung you tell me you love me all the time!" Kyuhyun said from the back seat of the van.

"Well it's different. I don't love you the way I love her so it's easy for me to tell you I love you." I mentally slapped myself for sounding stupid.

"Aigoo Donghae-ssi, just don't overthink. Alright?" Leeteuk hyung said giving me a warm smile. I nodded.

 

We finally reached SM Entertainment to practice for SS4. I was nervous because I know I'd be able to see her. I'd be able to see her and then what.....will I just stop and stare?

I stepped down the van first and I was looking around. Wondering if SNSD was already here. We usually arrive the same time so--

"OPPA!" It was her.

"Ohhh Yoong, I didn't see you there!" I turned around to face her. She looked beautiful even without make-up and all those fancy clothes. I like it when she's like this. Just her simple self.

"Oppa! Did you miss me? We haven't seen each other for a week!" She looked at me with her doe-like eyes. That's one of the reasons why I like her. Her eyes.

"Of course I missed you! No one has been screaming my name for a week.....and annoying me."

"Yah!" She said poking my chest. "Oppa, let's go inside!" She grabbed my hand and dragged me.

I could feel my cheeks burning and I looked around to see Hyuk and Kyuhyun smirking at me. Aish, these boys. They are too obvious.

 

"Oppa, what times does your practice start?"

"I don't know.....maybe a little later? How about you?"

"I don't know either.....Oppa, what do you want for Christmas?" You.....I want you to be mine for Christmas, Yoong.

"Well um.....I want......" I tried thinking of what I could possibly answer. All I wanted was her.

"You want what? Me?" My eyes widened and what she said. I knew it was a joke but it wasn't funny to me.

"Yeah. I want you for Christmas, Yoong..." I meant what I said but I know she'd take it as a joke anyway.

"Oh that's good. Because you already have me, oppa!" She smiled at me. The smile that always gives me butterflies. I know it sounds gay but hey I do mean what I say. Sigh, Yoong, I wish I really did have you. "Oppa, ask me what I want for Christmas too!"

"Mm, Yoong, what do you want for Christmas?"

"You!" I felt my cheeks burn and I knew I was getting a heartattack. Aish, twice in a day. All because of Yoona.

 

We walked in silence along the corridors of the building. She still held on to my hand and I felt happy that she didn't let go. I was thinking of just confessing to her right here, right now but thinking about it just makes me nervous.

To be honest, I tried to forget her. I tried not to like her. But it was hard. Seeing her with other guys just makes me want to punch their faces and kick their balls. I remember when there was this Taecyeon and Yoona rumor going on. And seeing him with her was like hell. I know Yoona only liked him as a friend, but still........I didn't have a right to tell him to back off because she isn't mine. She can date whoever she wanted. But all I wanted was for her to date me.

 

"Oppa, what are you thinking about?" Her voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Stuff...."

"Stuff like what? Stuff like me?"

"Yah, why do you keep saying stuff like that!"

"BecauseIWantItToBeReal" I heard her mumble. But I didn't really hear her correctly.

"Whaaaat?"

"Because that's what I want to feel" She said "Oppa, what if someone confessed to you?"

I was shocked by her question. Why did she ask that all of a sudden?

"Mmm, I would think about it first. And if I like her I might give her a chance."

"What if that person was Yuri unnie? Would you give her a chance?"

"Yuri-ssi? She's a girl? I never knew." She laughed at my really lame joke.

"How about Seohyunie?"

"Mmmm, she's too young. She should be studying instead of dating."

"What if it was me?" I looked at her and she looked at me with an expression I can't seem to read.

"Well um......" She was staring at me for like the longest time. I wasn't able to answer because I wasn't sure of what I should tell her. If I say Yes it might be obvious that I like her. If I say No well she might think of me only as a friend.

"Aish!! I can't take this anymore!" She said while letting go of my hand. What was that all about?

"YAH YOONA COME BACK HERE! What's wrong?!?!" Was it something I said? Well I didn't even say anything.....