○ Companion ○

Holy Ghost

Among his friends Yoongi is definitely the most rational one.

What happened when Namjoon came back from his usual book break a few weeks ago was for sure out of his comprehension, but he didn’t give two about it.

Or at least he thought so.
He remembers Namjoon laughing at him after a short pause.
-Nice joke hyung, happy Halloween to you too!!
The younger boy had answered him that day, so Yoongi too hadn’t gave too much importance to the fact.
Or at least he thought so.
He saw Namjoon’s face the rest of that day: he was concerned but maybe he was just worried for his lyrics; what hasn’t convinced Yoongi was Namjoon looking around the room often, agitated.
Yoongi tried to ask him what was wrong but always received a negative respond from his dongsaeng so after a while he stopped asking.
There’s nothing wrong in their studio.
Or at least he thought so.
Halloween passes quietly and the warmness of their studio hugs and comfort Yoongi from the November’s cold.
The company needs tracks for their group’s comeback for the end of the year so the Daegu boy happily stays at the studio during night; Namjoon abandoned him after the first few nights, leaving the older boy in the welcoming quiet of the room and with the company of his computers.
Or at least he thought so.
Yoongi in certain the nights feels strange.
It happens to him often to turn around to look at the empty room with the sensation of another person in the room.
He is always alone and every time he says to himself that he is just acting stupidly.
Yoongi has never been scared of darkness, even when he was a child:  he easily slept in the dark in his own room; so why now is this uncomfortable sensation is in the back of his head?
When things starts to get more obvious he stops calling himself stupid.
There are cold nights where he clearly feels warm touches or large part of his arm warm.
Other nights he gets distracted by movements captured just with the corner of his eye.
There are nights, where Yoongi comes back from the bathroom, where he finds things that Namjoon left around the studio back in their place.
Yoongi didn’t  know, but that was only the beginning.
-You look happy today hyung.
Namjoon says looking at his hyung with a calm smile on his face.
-Of course I am, in 4 years that we know each other it’s the first time that I arrive in a perfectly clean studio for an entire week.
The older one says deeply satisfied by his dongsaeng sudden improvement.
But Yoongi isn’t looking at Namjoon face in this moment.
-What?
Namjoon’s voice reach Yoongi, in a tone he didn’t expect.
-Don’t play dumb with me, Big Fish, I saw your post-its on my monitor too!
Yoongi says looking at the other this time.
-You have such a soft spot for this hyung uh?
The older one says lightly slapping Namjoon’s arm, bending to do it.
Unfortunately for Yoongi, Namjoon’s face is blank and slightly paler.
-Hyung.
Namjoon starts.
-I was in America last week.
The boy says.
-I had to meet with other rappers for a summer collaboration for the rookies.
Namjoon is too serious for Yoongi to not believe him, even because he perfectly knows about the summer project and flashes of Namjoon packing are coming back to his mind.
-Can i…see the post-its?
The younger asks, looking a bit around the room, sure to find them.
At that request Yoongi slowly stands up, an unpleasing feeling creeping in his chest, and picks the post-it of this day that he still hasn’t throw away.
have a nice day :)
Namjoon looks at the sloppy and roundish words written on the tiny piece of paper.
-This isnt my calligraphy, hyung.
The tall boy says after a while.
-How could you not notice it?
Namjoon asks looking at his hyung.
Yoongi hasn’t realized it; he takes another look at the paper: Namjoon is right.
-I…
Yoongi barely says.
-Someone at the cleaning division has a crush on you!!!!
Shouts  the younger.
-Oh my God hyung, you are someone type! Isn’t it incredible?? And from the calligraphy it looks like someone cute!! How is it possible??
Namjoon says laughing like an idiot still holding the post-it.
Yoongi loses the last fragment of affection for the boy in that moment.
-Shut the up and start working.
Cuts off the hyung sitting back of his chair, declaring the -you grumpy mood for the rest of the day; Yoongi would never admit to start feeling scared.
Namjoon stopped to laugh shortly after his hyung turned his back to him; his eyes back to the black words written on the green paper.
It’s time for a ‘book break’.
That night Yoongi is alone again at the studio, lyrics half filling a Word document but giving him some troubles.
Something warm touches his shoulder, a bit too neat compared the other times so Yoongi turns his head to look at his back.
Nothing.
-You are such an idiot Yoongi.
The boy thinks facing back his waiting work.
A warm neater touch of his leg makes him jumps at look at it, heart racing and mind fogged: this never happened.
Facing the screen again Yoongi freezes.
There’s a ‘I’m sorry’ written at the end of a sentence Yoongi was finishing.
He clearly didn’t write it.
It is pretty late and Yoongi has been craving a nap for hours so he brushes off the unexplained extra words on his work, he makes himself comfortable on his beloved chair, fixes his big scarf so to sleep in softness and falls asleep in no time.
It’s for sure an unlucky day for the producer because after 30 minutes he jerks off of his sleep, scared to dead, his heart in his throat and gripping at his chair like life dear.
He distinctly felt and hand on his cheek, caressing it with a thumb.
It wasn’t a sensation.
It wasn’t a warm touch.
It was a full and material hand on his face.
The sounds of typing on the keyboard of his computer makes him snap his head so fast that he’s sure that he will regret it the next day.
More words are appearing on the digital paper he left open.
They are appearing in that moment.
Yoongi looks at them forms sentences.
I didn’t want to scare you :( I’m sorry
Says the first one.
You looked so peaceful and warm.
Says the second one.
Yoongi stares at them and reads them probably 10 times, still not sure to be awake but his terribly cold hands tell him at he is.
I’m so lonely.
It appears after a few minutes, catching Yoongi off guard for the last time.
But obviously I scares you.
Appears again.
I’ll leave you alone. Please forgive me. Sweet dreams Yoongi.
And with that the typing stops.
Yoongi isn’t sure of what happened to him, his body starts to react and back to move only several minutes later.
Slowly, the boy starts to work again, alone in the dark.
Yoongi decided that what happened the previous night was to keep secret.
He trusts Namjoon but it become a thing just between him and…it.
He worked in peace a few days, than the typing came back.
Yoongi isn’t scared anymore.
He is fully awake when everything happens so he manages to control those… phenomenons too.
It’s always while he is working.
This sounds so good.
Those lyrics are so beautiful :)
How can Yoongi being pissed by compliments?
Yes, it’s a bit annoying that while you’re typing someone types with you, ‘on’ you: like someone that talks to you while you’re writing.
Thank you.
Yoongi ‘answers’ a day, right after one of those compliments; what comes after is an high pitched squeek that makes the monitors of Yoongi’s computer flashes red, scaring the out the poor producer.
-What the , man?!?!
Shouts instinctively the scared boy.
It’s the first time that you answer me!
Appears.
It just made me so happy!!!
Appears again and Yoongi is once again there staring at the screen like an idiot.
Now the heart too?
I have to work now.
Yoongi types, still feeling stupid for ‘excusing’ himself at the nothing.
Yes, sorry, I’ll let you work!! Have a nice day Yoongi!! :)
And once again after that Yoongi isn’t disturbed anymore, even if this time he doesn’t feel completely alone in the room.
Those small chats become more frequents.
how are you :)?
Becomes daily as
Goodnight Yoongi
Please remember to eat
Don’t work too much, I’m worried for you :’(
You look so good with this outfit!
Meanwhile, Namjoon isnt there twiddling his thumbs.
-Minie… I’m not an expert of your world but…
The tall boy, after the post-it event, gave voice to his thoughts to the only person he can trust.
-…I think that it’s your friend.
He says looking at smaller boy in front of him, both sitting on a stone bench, facing each other.
The spirit sighs softly, keep playing with the other’s fingers.
-And you are right.
Confesses Jimin, hair now of a dark bluish black.
-I didn’t expect him to fall for someone again but it really seems that he took courage this time and tried for real.
Chuckles the sweet spirit still holding the producer’s hand.
-Wait what?
Namjoon asks, once again confused for the other’s words, making him just laugh at his cute confusion.
-Spirits can still love, you know.
Jimin says sweetly with a cute grin, making the taller boy flush deep red and covering his face with his free hand, both of them than laughing at the mutual unspoken confession.
In the successive days Yoongi’s mood dropped drastically.
He found Hoseok’s ‘paws’ at home too.
House cleaned, things at their place, laundry done and nicely in the closet and drawers.
That was too much.
-I’m the first one feeling stupid, Namjoon, but this thing is stalking me.
One day Yoongi says to Namjoon, firm on his decision to send away what is pestering him with its wife-like cares.
-It arrives at my home too!!!
Shouts the older one.
-He just want to talk, hyung, you said you never answered him!!
The younger says, protecting the spirit.
-He can go talk with someone else!!
Shouts exasperated Yoongi.
-Maybe he likes you.
Namjoon says back.
-He???????
That conversation didn’t stop Yoongi to call (yes, he knows to be ridiculous) someone that can help him with this thing.
Once the day of the exorcism had arrived, Yoongi waits for the guy to arrives.
Namjoon is at Jimin’s lake because the exorcism thing worried him.
Looking at Jimin’s eyes full of tears the other boy understands that he did well to be worried.
-You have to stop him, Namjoon.
Jimin says is voice broken for the sadness.
-If it is Yoongi to tell him to leave him alone, Hoseok will be forever blocked out wherever Yoongi is.
The spirit explains.
So it starts Namjoon’s movie like run to Yoongi’s house.
Meanwhile in the interested apartment, the guy explains to Yoongi what he’s going to do.
-Look, he is over here, in the hallway: he chose that place because it connects all the house together and you can’t escape him.
The guy explains, but Yoongi is too distracted by the countless messages he sees appears on the walls, on the windows, on the screens, all over the living room, where the two men are.
 
Please Yoongi don’t do this
 
I didn’t want to disturb you
 
I was so lonely
 
Please
 
Please let me stay
 
I won’t disturb you anymore but please let me stay
 
Please Yoongi
 
I’m sorry
 
I’m so sorry
 
Don’t do this
 
I’ll be good
 
Please Yoongi I don’t want to leave you
 
Please
 
My heart will break without you
 
Please Yoongi
 
Please
 
 
Namjoon is unlucky today.
When he arrives, he found the door of Yoongi’s apartment open.
-Go away.
It’s softly and insecure…but Namjoon hears it.
Then silence.
Before a scream fills everything.
A desperate cry and painful hiccups fills Yoongi’s house.
-WHAT HAVE YOU DONE HYUNG!?!?!
Namjoon screams entering in the house, running directly to the centre of the living room, confusing the exorcist more than Yoongi.
-Oh God…Hoseok…I’m so sorry…
Says Namjoon, kneeling and hugging something invisible to the others.
The cry doesn’t stop, it’s every second more painful and desperate, each hiccup stops a heartbeat.
-Is it…him?
Yoongi says with a whisper, the consequences of his action crushing on him.
-Of course it’s him, hyung… can’t you see him?
Namjoon says, tightening the hug, when two arms slide around the boy’s back, hugging him back, weakly.
The beautiful hands gripping at Namjoon’s sweater are shaking visibly.
The cry doesn’t stop.
More time passes, more the cries that fill the house become solid and heavy on the surrounding people’s heart.
Yoongi isn’t breathing anymore.
-Since you asked…
Namjoon starts.
-I have to bring him out.
He finishes.
-Jimin told me that you were the only able to send him away…if you wanted.
Namjoon explains, slowly standing up, helping the crying and broken hearted spirit that keeps crying all his pain.
When the tall boy slides at the spirit’ side, to support him, Yoongi see him for the first time.
He’s just a boy.
He looks their age.
A simple black turtleneck and a light jacket defining his figure.
He is destroyed.
His shoulders are violently shaken by his hiccups.
His whole eyes black drowning in tears.
His soft lips trembling.
When he pass in front of Yoongi, Namjoon’s hand on his back softly helping him out, Yoongi understands what he did.
The poor soul just wanted to stay with him.
He was lonely, in the darkness, no one to talk with.
Everyone afraid of his element.
He just fell in love with someone that was comfortable alone in the dark.
Someone with a heart full of splendours that can only be find in his lyrics.
-No…
Yoongi whispers.
-Please wait…
He says, looking at his friend and at the crying boy, both already out of his home.
-You…you are Hoseok, right?
Asks Yoongi, leaving his apartment under the incredulous eyes of the exorcist.
Hoseok can only nod, weakly; he can’t look back or look at Yoongi: he’s banned from his life.
-I…I’m the one being  sorry this time.
Yoongi says.
-Please…come in.
The boy adds, taking first one of Hoseok’s hands, then the other, and walks him back in his home, together.
The cry stops.
-So how did  it end?
Asks Jimin, sitting on the stone bench, facing his boy.
-I thought Hoseok was your friend.
Chuckles Namjoon, poking the smaller boy’s nose dissolving it in a puff of mist, that returned as a nose after a few seconds.
-Yes, he is  but he seems to be kinda busy these days…at home.

 


 


As usual:

  • sorry for the lack fo creepiness
  • sorry for my poor skills

♦ Next chapter is Minjoon but it will take a looooooooot,since it isn't a near prompt in the challenge 3 (but i have a one side!vhope/yoonseok soon so,stay tuned?)