○ Haze ○

Holy Ghost

 

 

 

 

It isn’t a mystery that Namjoon likes to read.

 

That it was for school or just for his pleasure, he always made sure to have at least a book with him.
Now that he works in the world of music he didn’t let it to effect his habits.
He can’t deny that books help him deeply in his job: the best songs come from an highly inspired soul and Namjoon is always sure to be.
Of course his job place isn’t quite all the time.
When it’s just Yoongi and him the younger boy can freely reads his stuff letting his mind banquet with written food but when a comeback is near, well, it’s another situation.
So when those dark times come, Namjoon learned how to create time for himself.
There’s a huge park in the neighbourhood where the music company is and Namjoon finds himself passing by often it, until the day he decided to ‘hide’ in there when he wants quite.
He wondered the first few times until he found a very calm spot on the shore of the lake: there are benches, the trees are majestic with stunning colours and it’s a bit hidden from the main road of the park.
In that little ball of silence the boy spends his personal time.
It is middle fall when, one day, he spots an unusual movement between the trees on the other side of the lake.
The trees are a wonderful deep red and bright orange, with stains of yellow variously dislocated, but Namjoon was sure that some of that mixed colour has moved.
-It’s just a squirrel.
He thinks going back to his book, liquidating the thing.
After 10 solids minutes or more, the man’s attention is captured by another movement, this time, he is sure of it, clearer.
-It’s just nature, Namjoon, you are not used to it anymore c’mon.
He thinks again but looking around a bit more before returning at his book.
After that accident the Ilsan man had to come back to his job because the fog was becoming too thick and it was icing on his face and wetting his book, but that didn’t stop him to come back the next days.
So Namjoon comes back to his new fave spot even when he doesn’t need to hide from anxious rookies, always a book with him, sometimes a coffee too keep him warm and the fog.
In some days the fog is heavier and in others is tinier but after several weeks, Namjoon noticed that it is there all the time.
Even the occasional movement on the opposite shores are a constant so the boy definitely classified them as animals making a nest for the winter and they don’t bother him anymore, until a certain, particular day.
Halloween is near and the cold is a serious problem but of course our brave Namjoon has saluted his hyung to go to his coffee+book break in the park.
Sipping his warm drink walking to his reading place, Namjoon enjoys the view of his surrounding: the Nature half sleeping and half dead trapped in an irregular cage in the middle of a cement hell under a poisoned sky.
Arriving at his bench, the man observes that this is one of those ‘big fog day’ so he makes his scarf do one more lap around his face so he won’t freeze.
The October sunset paints the park of a gloomy yet beautiful light, relaxing the boy that is reading his big book even if the fog is lower than usual and this distract Namjoon.
-It isn’t so late, why the fog is already so low? I can nearly touch it, oh my God-
Thinks the boy, lifting up an hand to actually try to touch the dense air when a familiar, yet different, movement makes his jump on his sit.
-What the ?!
He screams, covering his mouth at half sentence.
-What the .
He repeats much quietly, keeping his eyes on what shocked him.
-Is that a ing-
-Head?
His hyung isn’t amazed.
-I swear on Eminem, hyung, there was a ing flowing head near the lake!!!
Namjoon ran back in his office after a few minutes at staring at the ‘thing’.
-Mh.
It’s the only responds he has back from the older one.
-Don’t ‘mh’ me hyung, I’m serious!!!
Since he was back Namjoon didn’t stop screaming and, of course, it pissed off Yoongi.
-Look Namjoon-
But his friend was too pale to be making fun of him with a poor joke like that.
-It will be Halloween in a few days, do you really think that the teens around here don’t take advance of it to scare the out of everyone?
That calmed the younger man for 5 good seconds.
-Do you think I’m that stupid to not know that?
Asks Namjoon taking really deep breathes, looking at his hyung, just to receive the most obvious ‘you are the one making me think it’ look with a bonus of lifted eyebrows he ever received.
-Well I’m not.
Responds the scared one, forcing himself to stay calm.
-I sat there looking at…it for 5 minutes until-
But the memory of what happened makes Namjoon’s words die in his throat.
-…until it stared at me back.
He manages to finish after a few deep breathes, drying his sweaty palms on his dark pants.
Yoongi just stares at him all the time with a look that is partially a ‘you are such a great actor, I didn’t know you were so skilled’ and ‘do you think we can end this in time for my coffee to be still hot?’.
-…it’s seriously impossible to talk with you, hyung.
Cuts there Namjoon, deciding to keep his mind busy with the songs they’re working on.
Namjoon can’t say that the head episode didn’t effected his book breaks in the park.
In the next weeks the boy tried to go, he passed by the lake road, he saw the omnipresent heavy fog and went back to work, with Yoongi laughing his off every time.
It took him two weeks to take courage, a really heavy book (just in case he needed a weapon, you know.), and his balls full of his hyung’s jokes to be back on his bench.
Once he sits he doesn’t start reading immediately.
The boy lets his sight wonder all around and over the lake, he lets his back rest on the bench and the book on his lap, trying to relax himself again as he used to do in that place.
Luckily, it doesn’t take him a lot.
-Is it good?
A nice voice makes Namjoon jump like a scared cat.
-Oh my God, I’m sorry!
The voice is actually a cute boy, with black hair and remains of what looked like a red-orange dye.
-I didn’t want to scare you!
Adds the boy, with a worried look, biting his plumped lips a bit.
Namjoon can just stares at the person next to him, that sits there from he doesn’t know how much and how the hell he did it without makes Namjoon does not notice it.
-No,ahm-
Only says Namjoon.
-I was curious about your book.
Says the boy, giving the other what looked like a pair of puppy eyes.
-I saw you here often and you made me curious!
Explains the new one.
-Ah.
Says Namjoon, looking like a perfect fish.
-Yeah, It’s good, it can scares because it’s kinda huge but it’s really good.
Namjoon responds, coming back to his normal self.
-Oh yes, it looks heavier than me
Laughs the other boy, adorably in his dark brown-redish sweater.
Namjoon laughs at it too, looking rapidly at the smaller boy that is for real really thin even if his legs are kinda muscular.
After that light moment the two starts chatting about various things and Namjoon discover that the boy’s name is Jimin and he likes this part of the park for the same reasons as Namjoon.
-Mh-
Starts Namjoon taking a sip of his coffee.
-I was reading this poems book times ago-
He goes on telling Jimin about all those beautiful poems he read and how much poetry is underrated in their days, putting back his cup on Jimin’ side of the bench.
-And ah! Did you noticed how damn thick is the fog in certain days??
Asks the musician, lowering his eyes to pick his coffee again.
-Yeah, I kinda do.
Answers Jimin with a sweet smile, not moving his eyes from the other male that froze the moment he looked at his cup.
-And if I can, I’ll add…ouch.
Laughs cutely Jimin, his eyes disappearing in two crescent moons.
Namjoon was sure his blood froze with him.
His cup of coffee was literally in Jimin’s leg.
We was talking so passionately that didn’t look where he put the cup but what shocks him more than anything is that he didn’t feel any kind of resistance at his act, like Jimin’s leg was made of
-Fog.
Says Namjoon, staring at his cup still in the other boy’s leg that was still giggling cutely at the man’ shock.
-Haze, if we want to be accurate.
Responds Jimin.
-You used to come here every day…
Starts this time the smaller one.
-…but then that day you ran away when I looked at you…did I scared you?
The boy’s eyes try to find Namjoon’s, full of worries because his new friend isn’t moving and he is just so happy to be there with him.
-Are you dead?
Asks drily Namjoon, not sure if keep staring at his cup still in the others leg or being brave and look at the leg’s owner.
What comes from Jimin is part a sigh and part a giggle: he finds the other too damn adorable to actually be annoyed by that question; a huge boy like Namjoon so scared…totally adorable.
-I was.
He answers sighing again.
-‘Was’? Like…what the are you now?
Namjoon doesn’t mean to be rude but hey, there’s a cup of coffee in your leg.
Jimin chuckles so adorably that the man next to him finally looks at him.
-You are the first that stay long enough to actually ask me that.
Jimin says.
-Do the others go away pissed off because your leg cooled their pumpkin coffee?
Namjoon asks sarcastically picking his cup from the other’s leg to take a sip of his drink like nothing happened, with huge surprise from both of them.
Jimin laughs so much at that sentence like he didn’t in years.
It was true that no one stayed so long after incidents like that or other ghostly like things but that boy was still there and even joking around.
The black haired boy has to cover his face because he’s laughing so much that he turned red (and not only for the laughing).
-I even said them that I would pay for that!!
Answers the laughing boy trying to calm himself.
-Oh well, then they’re the villains.
Says Namjoon finishing his drink with Jimin still laughing at his side.
-I’m a spirit of the haze…by the way…
Jimin says shyly after he catches his breath back.
-Like a fairy?
Asks Namjoon, strangely calm, making the other grunt at that word.
-Why everyone keep say it!!
Cries out Jimin, lifting his arms.
-You said no one stayed!!
Shouts out Namjoon.
-I mean the other spirits! Oooh if you are a spirit of something cool then you are a real scary spirit or even a presence but if you are something nature related spirit then you are a ing fairy!
Jimin mocks someone that Namjoon probably doesn’t know but he understands the message.
-Other…spirits?
It’s the most important question that Namjoon has to ask after all that scene.
-Yeah, do you think I’m the only one? My friend Hoseok is the spirit of the shadows: anything that casts a shadow, he is in it.
Explains Jimin crossing his legs and placing his hands on them.
-Oh well,that’s ing cool.
Laughs lightly Namjoon, making a bit fun of what Jimin said before.
-Don’t make fun of me!!
Shouts out the spirit, giving the other a slap on his arm.
-I told you!!! If you are the spirit of something cool than you’re cool!! everyone.
Finishes Jimin flipping an invisible table, giving huge fits of laugh at the taller man, that is now bended in half.
-He is dead too then.
Says Namjoon after catching his breathe again.
-Yeah…funny story.
Says Jimin but receiving a ‘go on!!!’ look from the other.
-I told you that he is the spirit of the shadows, well when he was alive everyone pestered him saying that he was such a sunshine, the happiest person on Earth & other s like that.
Jimin narrates.
-So that was an unexplained shame when he killed himself, sliding in the darkness of his own blood, drowning in it.
Finishes the cute boy looking at the one next to him, smiling like telling this story always satisfies him.
-…what about you?
Namjoon doesn’t want to admit that he is ting himself a lil bit.
-Oh…I was wondering around here, many many many years ago, the fog was really heavy and I just didn’t see it.
Explains the cute one, shrugging in his shoulders.
-…you didn’t see…what.
Namjoon asks it strangely nervous, he already feels close to this soft-faced boy, and he was right to be.
Jimin just mimes with his hand something that falls from a reeaaaaally high cliff.
-…oh.
The other boy chuckles again because of course this big boy sees him like a friend and not anymore as something supernatural and potentially deadly.
-I think that saying that I’m sorry for that at this point of your…life is kinda useless,uh?
Asks Namjoon giggling a bit, closing his book after signing where he stopped reading.
-Yeah but I still appreciate it.
Tells him Jimin, faking being moved by Namjoon’s words and placing an hand on his chest, but noticing the alive man’s act.
-…are you…leaving already?
Asks the spirit boy, obviously sad.
-Unfortunately.
Sighs deeply  the musician checking the time, but that answer lights up a bit the other boy: Namjoon doesn’t want to go.
-But I’ll be back tomorrow.
He says.
-Now that I know that it’s you I can’t be scared of read here, don’t you think??
Smiles really sweetly the tall man standing up, his deep dimples showing.
-I’ll wait for you.
Says Jimin sweetly as much as Namjoon.
-See you tomorrow then…
Salutes the Ilsan man, waving his hand at his new friend, leaving their bench, leaving Jimin sighing deeply at his returned loneliness.
But it doesn’t pass 10 minutes that Namjoon is back.
-If I want kiss you,will I end up kissing the bench or I’ll be able to actually do it?
Asks the producer with a fake confused look.
The haze’s spirit is shocked.
That man really came back to him and for what? A kiss.
-Come back tomorrow and I’ll show you.
Laughs Jimin moving his hand to sends away Namjoon that runs away giggling too.
Back to his office Namjoon’ smile doesn’t go unnoticed by Yoongi.
-So someone has his fave place again.
Says the older one, looking at his dongsaeng.
-Yeah…
Responds shortly the blushing tall man, going to his equipping: he was going to write a damn fine song.
-Ah Namjoon...
Calls the hyung that in the meanwhile was back at his screens.
-Yes hyung?
Asks Namjoon looking up from his word document.
-The shadow of my coffee just winked at me.
 

 

Next chapter is yoonseok,let's wait my beta readers to fix it and give me the moodboard for it ♥