Dumb Plan, Dire Results

On the Pulse

"Wait, he said WHAT?!"

Sehun glared at Chanyeol after the latter made his rather loud exclamation. They were all currently sitting in the cafeteria, and while they were in a corner, there were still people around and Sehun really did not want to draw attention, especially given what they were discussing.

Once again, he was wishing to not have any human interaction for the next 40 years at least. 

Maybe he should get in touch with Kyungsoo and ask him about how to go about achieveing that.

"I don't get it, it was a fool-proof plan."

"It was the dumbest plan to ever exist."

Chanyeol looked upset at Jongdae's comment, but Sehun nodded in agreement. It was, indeed, the dumbest plan to ever exist.

And the fact that Sehun agreed to it made him the dumbest person ever. 

He should have known....

It was a plan by Chanyeol...

Chanyeol....

"This is all your fault."

"My fault?" Chanyeol's eyes looked like saucers on his head, Sehun had never seen them so wide and popping. 

"It was your plan."

"You CHOSE to follow it. So it's your fault. I didn't hold a gun to your head and force you to do it."

"You made it sound so convincing. I trusted you. I actually trusted you."

Sehun did not care that he was sounding way too melodramatic at the moment. His emotions were as genuine as they came across, he really was hurt.

He had put his faith in Chanyeol, his roommate, his friend, his brother from another mother.

"And I really thought the plan would help you." Chanyeol looked even more hurt than Sehun, surprisingly, and both of them were frowning deeply at each other.

Jongdae's eyes darted between the two of them before he pinched the bridge of his nose, sighing.

"You two really are the biggest idiots in the school." 

Sehun and Chanyeol now looked at Jongdae, their hurt expressions quickly turning to offended. 

"You're an idiot for making such a dumb plan," Jongdae pointedly looked at Chanyeol before shifting his sight to Sehun, "and you're an idiot for following the plan."

Sehun scoffed, folding his arms on top of the table.

"You didn't seem to have this opinion throughout the mission. If you realised how awful the idea was, why didn't you say anything?" 

"Yeah, from what I recalled, weren't you the one who said 'don't worry Sehun, with this plan, he'll be out in no time'. Right?"

"Together with 'this is a great plan, I'm sure it will work'." 

Sehun and Chanyeol were now staring at Jongdae with their eyebrows raised, and Jongdae looked like he had just been backed into a corner with his underwear pulled down.

"Psh- that was- I mean- I just- I WAS BEING SUPPORTIVE OKAY! THAT'S WHAT FRIENDS DO! STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT!"

Both Sehun and Chanyeol rolled their eyes as Jongdae indignantly sipped on his iced coffee.

"So, I heard you ed up."

Sehun sighed as he heard the very familiar voice from behind him, and 2 seconds later as he predicted, Byun Baekhyun plopped down next to him. 

"Sorry I'm late, what did I miss? Have you finished telling the entire story of how badly you ed up?"

"Shut up Baek."

"I mean, it was a fool-proof plan. How could it not work?"

"See! Thank you. Don't blame the plan."

"It was the stupidest plan to exist."

The last sentence came from a voice which did not belong to any of them, though it was indeed familiar. Sehun turned to find Kyungsoo approach them and sit down at the bench table on the other side of him.

"What're you doing here? I thought you loathe coming out into society and interacting with people?" Jongdae questioned, and Sehun could detect a hint of bitterness in his voice. 

"When Chanyeol told me about the whole plan and how it went wrong, I just had to hear it for myself. I cannot believe you made me hack into someone's email for such a stupid mission." 

"Shhh!" Sehun looked around, making sure no one was in close enough proximity to hear them.

"Can everyone stop blaming the plan?" Chanyeol was pouting, and Kyungsoo quirked a brow.

"You mean, the oh-so-brilliant plan where Sehun steals the club funds, puts them in an envelope and very conveniently labels it 'club funds', hides it in Jongin's bag, which apparently he wouldn't check right, and hopes for Yixing to do a bag search and find the envelope in Jongin's bag because, of course, Yixing would expect the thief to bring the cash to practice and keep it in an envelope which, again, is very conveniently labeled 'club funds' just so that there is no confusion. All of this assuming Sehun wouldn't get caught meddling with Jongin's belongings as well. That plan?" 

Silence loomed once Kyungsoo was done with his very sarcastic and sardonic recap of what sounded like, indeed, the world's dumbest idea. Chanyeol was looking down, scratching his head. Jongdae was gnawing on his straw. Baekhyun was rubbing his chin putting together Kyungsoo's words, and Sehun-

Sehun had his head buried in his arms, pretending he was an ostrich in a desert with his head underground, where no one could find him. 

Yes.

Underground.

Wouldn't be a bad place to stay.

Away from both people and the sun.

Double benefit.

"Okay okay, so we've established the plan was stupid. And Sehun ed up. So now Jongin knows Sehun tried to frame him for theft to get him kicked out of the club. Question is, why didn't Jongin just tell Yixing straight away? I mean it's amaing how Yixing bought his story on how he just happened to find the club funds lying around, why didn't he just tell the whole truth about how he caught you?"

Jongdae made a good point. Jongin could have easily exposed Sehun right at that moment, but he didn't.

"Maybe he was being nice? Or maybe he wants you to do the right thing and turn yourself in?" Kyungsoo suggested, which made Chanyeol scoff.

"Nah, that's not it. I bet, he's going to use this to blackmail you. He's going to hold this over your head and make you his slave or something."

"No offence but I think we've established by now anything you say is bull." Baekhyun pointed out, making Sehun nod and Chanyeol frown. 

"Why don't you ask me yourself?"

The five of them had been so caught up with their discussion, they didn't realise a presence that had approached the side of the table and was quietly listening for the past few seconds. 

Sehun looked up and immediately felt his throat go dry. His insides twisted and he suddenly felt the urge to throw up. 

Jongin. 

He had his arms folded and was smirking at him, a snapback on his head and clad in a plaid shirt with black jeans, looking like the ultimate "cool boy". There was no way anyone looking at him at the moment would think he was a freshman. 

And Sehun no longer felt like the alpha of the school, suddenly he felt like a worm as Jongin looked down at him, and oh how he despised that feeling. 

Sehun could not seem to tear his eyes away from Jongin's piercing gaze, but he felt a nudge in his side.

"Yah, it's Jongin!" Baekhyun very uselessly whispered. 

"What're you doing here?" 

Sehun struggled to get the worlds out solidly. He was torn between wanting to run away and wanting to punch Jongin in his ridiculously handsome face. 

"I think you and I need to talk, don't you?" 

Sehun took in a deep breath and glanced at his friends, who were all looking at the both of them as if they were watching the best drama show of the year. 

Jongdae subtly nodded at Sehun though, encouragingly, to which Sehun turned back to Jongin. 

"Sure."

--------------------

Sehun and Jongin were currently behind a wall outside the cafeteria. It was early afternoon so most of the students were either having class or in the cafeteria having lunch, which was good because that meant there was no one around. 

Sehun had his hands in his pockets and was shuffling uncomfortably, looking everywhere but at Jongin. Jongin, on the other hand, was staring intently at his senior, the ghost of a smirk still on his lips as he noticed how uncomfortable Sehun was.

"So, are you going to own up?" 

Sehun was rather caught off guard by Jongin's sudden question, and his mind was racing with a million thoughts.

What the heck was he supposed to answer? 

No, you cannot let him have the upper hand here. man, you're older. You're the senior. You're the king of the school. He's just a freshman, he has nothing on you. 

"So it is blackmail? Alright, what do you want?"

Sehun was acting as nonchalant and cool as possible, folding his arms and quirking his brow at Jongin, making the latter a bit surprised.

"You really have no shame huh?" 

Sehun refused to answer, simply maintaining his demeanour. 

"You know, there's nothing stopping me from telling Yixing the truth about what you did."

"Go ahead then. Let's see if he believes a freshman over the assistant leader."

Sehun was even surprising himself with his sudden burst of confidence and snarkiness. Just a few moments ago he was feeling like a hot mess. 

Perhaps it was from the annoyance he felt when he noticed the way Jongin was looking at him, all smug and cocky. 

Who did this kid think he was?

Jongin's smug expression started to melt away, making Sehun the one to smirk this time. 

"You did the wrong thing here. You tried to frame me. I don't think you get the luxury of acting all cocky right now. The least you can do is apologise." 

"I'm not apologising."

Holy , it was like Sehun's mouth had a mind of its own. 

Jongin scoffed and looked at him in disbelief.

"Are you really that threatened by me? I mean I know I'm better than you, but-"

.

Something in Sehun snapped as he heard those words, making him grab Jongin by the collar and slam him against the wall.

"You're not better than me, and you never will be."

Sehun could feel his anger boiling inside him, his face a mere inches from Jongin's as he glared daggers right into his eyes. He was seething, even more so once Jongin actually had the audacity to smirk again.

"Quite a drastic reaction if you were really secure with that thought." Jongin glanced down at Sehun's fist grabbing onto his collar.

Sehun let go with a shove, still seething and glaring at Jongin as the freshman straightened his shirt and returned the scornful gaze with his own.

"Listen here, I don't know who you think you are, but around here, there's only one king. Me. And I don't like some random kid coming into the school and the club and thinking he owns the place. There's a hierarchy here, and you need to realise who's at the top. So don't you dare try to compare yourself to me or even think you have a shot at replacing me. Got it? You're a freshman, you're nothing." 

The venom that laced Sehun's voice was clear, and coupled with his intense and threatening look, it was obvious there was not a hint of joking around in his words. 

Sehun expected Jongin to break and give in, he knew just how scary he could look and sound. But much to his startlement, Jongin pushed himself off the wall and walked right up to Sehun so that their faces were just inches apart once again. 

"I didn't come here with plans to take over you. I literally did nothing wrong to you, in fact I trusted you as a senior and a friend. I looked up to you. And you just stabbed me in the back. After what you did, after you tried to sabotage my place on the team, it's now my sole goal to crush you. If there's one thing I hate, it's slimy and manipulative people like you. So you can threaten me all you want, but I know it's just an act to hide the fact that you know the truth as well as I do. I am better than you, and guess what? I will replace you, and you'll be nothing by the time I'm done. You messed with the wrong man Oh Sehun. So watch out." 

Jongin gave Sehun one last, nasty up-down with a scowl before turning and walking away with his hands in his pockets. 

Sehun had never been talked to with such venom and disrespect before, and if his blood was boiling before, it was now on fire. The amount of rage he felt was enough for him to slam his fist into the wall, the anger overwhelming the pain.

you Kim Jongin.

You're dead.