Ch. 17: The Heart is Treacherous

The Starlets- [Discontinued, but working on Epilogue]

 

 

The Starlets waited in the company van, the minutes dragging by. Sijin yawned and leaned against Lìxúe's shoulder, fatigued from the day's performances. Nell closed her eyes and leaned back against the headrest. Aeyeong glanced down at the time on her phone.

Jaemi clicked her tongue as she noticed the time. Byulhee was gone too long. Perhaps she had lost her way in the building? Jaemi dialed Byulhee's phone number and waited for her dongsaeng's response. A cell phone began to ring in the car. Jaemi sighed, hanging up the call. "I'm going to go in and make sure Byulhee's alright," she said as she unbuckled her seatbelt. 

****

Time had ceased moving in the dressing room. Byulhee's heart raced as she continued to claim Eunhyuk's lips as her own. He began to return the kiss, desperately attempting to keep up with her pace. She would not let him. She needed him; wanted him with every fiber of her being. 

Her fingers clasped at the fabric of his shirt, holding onto to him as if for dear life. She felt his hands on her hips. He pulled her even closer. 

Her mind and heart raced. 

He was one hot kisser.

She found herself teasing him with her passionate kisses. She knew she was making him weak. 

He pressed against her frame gently as if asking for but a moment. They broke for air, both panting heavily. 

That's when Byulhee saw it; the same passion in her soul she could see reflected in his eyes. 

He wanted her too.

That was all the encouragement Byulhee needed.

She dove in, claiming his lips once more passionately, her fingers deftly working to his shirt. 

She felt him try to pull away, but she held on fast. "Don't," she said between kisses.

He tried to push her away again.

Her eyes flashed as she paused to see why he had suddenly frozen up. "Wha--" She halted in her words as she saw Eunhyuk's expression. His eyes were wide as he stared at something behind him. 

Her eyes fell to the mirror behind Eunhyuk, and she gasped as she saw the reflection.

Jaemi stood in the doorway, eyes wide, and one hand over to contain a gasp and the other holding Byulhee's cell phone. 

Byulhee swung around, and Eunhyuk sprung away from Byulhee, a guilty expression on his face. He fumbled to close the buttons on his shirt. 

Jaemi shut the door hastily behind her. "Wh--" She shook her head. "Wh-what the heck are you doing?" she whispered loudly. 

Byulhee's eyes flashed, and her nostrils flared. Wasn't it obvious what they were doing? Why the heck would Jaemi choose to interrupt them at such a moment as this? Isn't this exactly what she had been worried about? Jaemi did not want her to be happy after all! "Why does it matter to you?" she spat, sending her unnie a glare.

Jaemi blinked, looking taken aback. "Byul," she whispered. "This is not the place for--"

"Why are you against me being with Eunhyuk?" Byulhee seethed.

"I'm not!" Jaemi whispered loud enough for only the three in the room to hear. "But you can't be--" Her face flushed. "--doing whatever you're doing in public! I have an apartment for a reason."

Eunhyuk looked utterly confused at the last part of Jaemi's statement as he tried to finish straightening out his clothes. 

Byulhee fumed. Jaemi was clearly in the wrong! It was more than the fact that they were in a public place. Jaemi didn't want her to have any fun just like--! Her eyes widened in realization. This was precisely how it was all those years ago when Jaemi confronted her about partying! Now Jaemi was trying to keep her from love! "You just don't want me with anyone! You don't want me to be happy!" Byulhee cried, pointing her finger at the leader. "You took me away from my last boyfriend, and now you want me to--" 

"Shhhhh!" Jaemi hushed, cutting off Byulhee from continuing. "We'll talk about it later," she said calmly. "Not here." She reached into her purse to take out her apartment key. "Take this." 

Byulhee felt her insides boiling. Jaemi really did not want her to be happy! She had butted into the room too! Seriously! Who in the world would intrude on a moment like this between two people! Eunhyuk probably was too scared to go any further with her now! There goes her night with him!

Byulhee huffed, snatching her phone from Jaemi's hand. She stomped towards the door, pushing Jaemi with her shoulder as Jaemi tried to give something to her. 

"Wait! Byul!" Jaemi called after her as Byulhee flung open the door and slammed it into the wall. Jaemi winced, hoping that no one heard that. 

Byulhee took off in a run, her feelings entirely in turmoil. 

"Byul!" Jaemi stared after Byulhee's fleeting figure for a moment before turning around to face Eunhyuk. She held up the keys to her apartment. "Here," she said, tossing them over to him.

Eunhyuk raised in an eyebrow in confusion as he caught the keys.

"Find Byul. She'll know what to do with that," Jaemi said before turning around. "She went that way." She nodded her head to the left. "See ya tomorrow." Jaemi's face flushed slightly as she began to head down the hallway in the opposite direction. She let out a breath. 

What was with her fellow members always trying to make a scandal in a public place anyway? She recalled Minyeon's scandal. She shook her head, thankful that no one else had seen them just now. What in the world could Byulhee be thinking? Did she really plan on making love with Eunhyuk right then and there?

She shook her head, banishing the thought from her mind. 

She loved her dongsaeng, but sometimes she wondered how Byulhee's mind worked and if she ever thought about the consequences of her actions. 

She stopped in her tracks as Byulhee's words replayed in her mind. What did Byulhee mean when she accused her of not wanting her to be happy? And why had Byulhee brought up her previous relationship with Jinuk?

She shook off the thought and hurried to the company van. 

****

Emotions swirled around Byulhee like a hurricane hell-bent on a destructive course. She felt her face grow red with rage. 

Jaemi was just how she was all those years ago! She was a dictator!

Okay, so maybe she wasn't a dictator per se, but she certainly had a lot of nerve to restrict her freedom again! Jaemi did not understand what it was like to be a woman. She was only a ! Heck, she probably had never even fallen in love before! She didn't understand how Byulhee felt. Or--

--what if Jaemi was jealous? 

Why else would Jaemi be so restrictive on Byulhee's life? Byulhee liked to enjoy the nightlife! She had loved partying all those years ago as a trainee, but Jaemi was Miss Goody Two Shoes! Jaemi probably had never been to a club in all her life! Who was she to judge Byulhee? It was obvious that Jaemi was jealous of Byulhee's life--both socially and romantically. 

That's all this was! Jaemi was jealous! Why else would Jaemi pull Byulhee away from Jinuk?

Okay, maybe that was unfair. 

Byulhee knew deep down that she and Jinuk's relationship was toxic. Their relationship had been one where he had become too controlling, and she had become too subservient. She had given up on her dream of becoming a musical artist until Jaemi showed up.

Okay, so she had to admit that her relationship with Jinuk was not good... Alright! It was downright horrible! She knew that!

But still! That did not right the wrongs of Jaemi's actions! Jaemi was obviously jealous and did not understand a woman's needs.

Jaemi could not control or restrict Byulhee's freedom!

Byulhee continued to fume, resolving to do something to spite Jaemi. Jaemi needed to learn that she could not control her! Just because she was the leader did not mean she could boss her around like that!

****

It was an unusually quiet night at the dorms with Byulhee gone. Nell sat on the sofa, perusing a high-end fashion magazine. Sijin was curled up on the other couch with a book. Lìxúe sat next to her as Nick laid lazily on her lap. A smile adorned Lìxúe's face as she texted Zhou Mi. Jaemi and Aeyeong worked in the kitchen, preparing dinner and quietly chatting about this and that.

Everything seemed peaceful until Aeyeong's phone began to ring. Donghae was calling her. 

Aeyeong answered the phone. "Hey, hun. Wha--" 

"Is Byulhee there?" Eunhyuk's voice sounded on the line.

Aeyeong blinked. "No, she's not. Why?"

Jaemi paused and looked over at Aeyeong, and her eyebrow raised questioningly. What's going on? She mouthed.

Aeyeong shrugged her shoulders. 

There was a pause on the other end of the line, and Aeyeong could hear Donghae and Eunhyuk whispering in the background. 

"Are you sure?" Eunhyuk continued, sounding worried. 

"She's not here," Aeyeong repeated, turning to Jaemi with a look of worry. 

Jaemi held out her hand, indicating that she wanted to speak with Eunhyuk. 

"Hang on, here's Jae," Aeyeong said before handing over the phone to her friend.

"Eunhyuk? Is that you?" Jaemi asked.

"Yeah, it's me. Have you seen or heard from Byul at all?" he asked in a rushed voice.

"No, I thought she was with you," she replied. "Did you catch up with her at the studio?"

"No. I couldn't find her anywhere. I tried looking outside. I tried calling her, but she won't pick up. She won't respond to my texts either," he continued hastily. "I think her phone is off. It just goes straight to voicemail. I don't know what to do!" There was a hitch in his voice. "I'm so worried! Do you think something happened to her?"

"It's okay," Jaemi replied softly. "We're going to find her. I'll call Minho and tell him what's going on. He can contact the police if we feel that she's missing. I'll help you find her, okay?"

There was silence on the other end of the line.

"Hyukjae," she continued softly. "Are you there?"

"I'm here."

"We're going to find her, Hyukjae," Jaemi asserted reassuringly. "Give me your number, and I'll meet you. We'll find her." As Eunhyuk gave his phone number to her, Jaemi quickly entered it into her own phone. "I'm on my way, okay? Can you put Donghae on the line?"

"Yeah." 

There was a slight rustling over the line. 

"It's me," Donghae said. 

"Hey, this is Jae. Does Eunhyuk seem okay to drive?"

She could hear Donghae click his tongue. "No."

Jaemi nodded. "Okay, keep him there. I'll swing by and pick him up, and we can look for Byulhee together."

"Do you want me to come along too?" Donghae asked.

"No," she replied. "The fewer people involved in this, the better. We don't want you involved in a scandal."

Nell, Lìxúe, and Sijin entered the kitchen, confused looks on their faces from having overheard part of the conversation. 

Jaemi continued, her jaw set. "Tell Eunhyuk I'll be there shortly. I'll text him when I arrive." 

"Alright," Donghae said, exhaling a sigh. 

Jaemi handed the phone back to Aeyeong, the latter promptly telling her fiancé that she would keep in touch should she hear of any news and vice versa. 

"D--- it," Jaemi said under her breath as soon as Aeyeong had hung up the phone. "Not again."

Aeyeong's eyes widened. In all the years that she had known Jaemi, she had never heard her unnie curse. And what did she mean by "not again"?  

"What's going on?" Lìxúe asked quietly.

Jaemi let out an exhale. "I have to go find Byul." 

"Where is she?" Sijin asked, her eyes wide with fear. "Is she okay? Is she hurt?"

"No, she's not hurt," Jaemi assured as she placed a hand on Sijin's shoulder. "She'll be fine." She looked between all the members. "I need you guys to trust me. I don't have time to explain everything. Just please trust me. And--" she paused, biting her lip. "--if you see anything weird pop up on social media about Byulhee, let me know right away." 

They all nodded. "Yeah, we will."

Jaemi sent them a small smile and then hurried out of the kitchen. A few moments later, the door to the dorms opened and closed, indicating that she had left. 

The remaining Starlets glanced between each other.

"What's going on?" Nell asked, trying to keep her composure calm. However, she felt her insides boil. If Byulhee was doing something that she shouldn't be doing, it was unfair to tarnish the rest of the members' reputations!

The atmosphere was very somber as the evening progressed into the night. The Starlets ate very little as none of them had much of an appetite with so much worry on their minds. 

"I keep texting Byul," Sijin began with tears in her eyes as she leaned on Aeyeong as they all cuddled together on the sofa for comfort. "But she won't respond." 

"It's alright, dear," Aeyeong said softly, kissing the youngest forehead softly. "I'm sure she's alright." 

Lìxúe, who was sitting on the other side of Sijin, suddenly bolted up from her seat. She had casually begun to look through social media sites to see how people were reacting to their performance earlier. However, their performance wasn't the only item regarding the Starlets that was currently trending. "Oh my--" she breathed out, her eyes wide. "Tell me this isn't--" Her eyes flared. "Unnie, tell me this isn't Byulhee. Sijin, close your eyes," she said as she turned her phone around for Aeyeong to see.

Sijin obediently shut her eyes, though she was terrified about what Lìxúe was trying to shield her from. Was Byulhee hurt? What was going on?

Aeyeong stared with agape at the video that was playing on Lìxúe's phone. "I have to call Jae right now." She snatched up her phone and dialed Jaemi's phone number. "Lì, can you send that video to Jae?"

Lìxúe nodded. "Yeah," she said quietly. Her fingers hastily worked across her phone screen. 

Nell's face flushed with anger. Byulhee was out of her mind! Did she not see how her actions would affect the group?! This could ruin Nell's reputation as a fellow member! Did Byulhee only think about herself?! 

Aeyeong's call went through on speaker. "Jae, did you get the video Lì just sent you?"

There was a sigh on the other end of the line. "Yeah. Anyone know where this video was taken?"

"Yeah. I recognize the background," Aeyeong replied. "That's a club over on--"

As Aeyeong proceeded to give Jaemi directions to the club, Sijin's eyes burned with tears. Though she did not know what was going on exactly, she had a horrible dread within her heart. 

"Ae, Nell, Sijin, and Lìxúe," Jaemi's voice came over calmly on the line. "I promise you that whatever trouble is going on, that this is not going to hinder any of your careers. I promise. I'll take care of everything. Eunhyuk and I are going to find Byulhee, and everything will work out. I'll deal with the fallout tomorrow, okay? So please, try not to worry. It's all going to be okay. Get some rest tonight. We have an early day tomorrow. Sweet dreams! I love you all!"

As the group murmured their goodbyes, they felt a little of their previous dread dwindle. 

Aeyeong hung up the phone and then nodded. "She's right. There's no use in worrying. Each day has its own anxieties. There's no point in worrying about what tomorrow will bring." She grabbed a tissue from the box on the coffee table and dabbed the tears away from Sijin's eyes. "It'll be alright," she whispered in the maknae's ear.

Nell nodded, recalling the familiar Biblical proverb to mind. "You're right. We have a full day of schedules, so we should get some rest to look our best for the filming." She stood up. "I'm going to put on a face mask and go to bed. Good night!"

"Good night!" Aeyeong and Sijin called back. 

"Sweet dreams!" Lìxúe said as Nell left the room. She flopped back onto the couch with a sigh. 

"This was supposed to be such a good day," Sijin mumbled quietly.

Lìxúe threw her arms around Sijin, giving her dongsaeng a squeeze. "It'll be alright. Today was a good day." 

The three silently remained there cuddled together until sleep slowly overtook them. 

****

Jaemi and Eunhyuk parked the car. Jaemi reached into the back seat, grabbing a backpack. "We can't let you be recognized," she said, taking out a package of makeup remover wipes. "Here." Eunhyuk pulled out a wipe and began to clean his face with it as Jaemi took out a comb and parted his hair down the middle. "There." She grabbed a pair of thick-rimmed nonprescription glasses and a plaid scarf from the bag. "Put these on." She then took out a brown eyeliner pen. "Hold still." She drew a small beauty mark to the right of his nose. "There." She pulled away and surveyed her work, pursing her lips together. "Hmm Take the glasses off for a sec." She took out a makeup palette and a brush, and she lightly dusted color beneath his eyes to make it appear as if his eyes were a different shape. "There." She drew back and gave a nod of approval as Eunhyuk put the glasses back on. "Good." 

Jaemi hastily removed her makeup and put on a pair of metal-rimmed glasses. She grabbed an oversized hoodie and a baseball cap and put them on, effectively hiding her red hair. "Let's go," she said, speaking with a slight accent custom to her hometown in Jinhae. 

The two made their way into the club without any incidents from security. It did not take long for them to pinpoint Byulhee's location. 

Byulhee had an entourage of men surrounding her. With a drink in one hand, she danced suggestively and laughed loudly. 

"Woooohooooo!" she cried out after chugging down another drink. "I think I wanna daaaaaaancccce on the pole again," she said in a slurred voice. 

Cheers rose up from the men around her at the suggestion. 

Jaemi's eyes widened. "Wait here," she said to Eunhyuk. Though it did not appear that anyone was filming Byulhee at the moment, she did not want Eunhyuk to be caught on camera should something go wrong. 

Eunhyuk shook his head. "No, I'll go with you."

Jaemi could see the grave and determined look in his eyes. She gave a slight nod. "Alright, Jaehyun," she said, giving him a meaningful look. 

As the two approached the Starlet, Byulhee paused, looking at the pair with confusion. "Do I knowssss you?"

"Yes," Jaemi began, using her hometown accent. "We met on Jeju Island, remember? My brother and I visited you there." She nodded toward Eunhyuk. "Remember him, Jaehyun?" 

Byulhee stared hard, hanging open. "Maybe... Kindaaaaa." Her eyes widened as her hazy memory seemed to recall kissing this man before. She remembered she liked it. A lot. "Letsssss get outta here and remember good timesss." She waved to the men around her. "Ssssssorry, ssssssssorry, ssssssssssssorry, boys. But I've gotta go." 

A collection of disappointed groans erupted from the crowd surrounding Byulhee as the men realized that the Starlet would not be taking any one of them home that night. 

Jaemi quickly linked arms with Byulhee like old school chums and hurried out of the club, making up a story about the last time she and her brother went to visit Byulhee in Jeju. 

They reached Jaemi's car without any trouble.

Byulhee turned to Eunhyuk with a wry smile. "I don't remember much about you, but--" She waved her body suggestively. "--I want to." 

"Get in," Jaemi said sternly, dropping any hints of an accent as she opened a back door for her dongsaeng. 

Byulhee stared at the backseat. "Itssss hot already," she said, tossing her coat into the back. She reached a hand to the hem of her shirt and began to lift it. 

Eunhyuk blushed, averting his eyes. 

Jaemi slapped Byulhee's hand. "Keep your clothes on. Get in. Now." 

Byulhee froze, her eyes staring at Jaemi's face closely. Her eyes widened in realization. "You!" Her face flushed in anger. "You! You did it again! I--I--Ugh!" She turned around, ready to storm off. "You always ruin my life!"

Jaemi drew back, shocked at Byulhee's accusation. "Byul, I'm not--"

Eunhyuk quickly grabbed Byulhee's arm. "Wait, Byul. Let's go." 

Byulhee stopped and looked at Eunhyuk's face as if trying to figure out who he was. After a moment, her face relaxed. "Oh, it's youuuuu!" she slurred as she smiled at him goofily. 

"Let's go home," Eunhyuk said, holding the door open for Byulhee. 

"I'll go with you, but not her," Byulhee said, pointing at a finger at Jaemi. "She's trying to keep me from you."

Eunhyuk turned to Jaemi with a look that clearly showed he was at a loss as to what to do.

Jaemi handed him the car keys. "Here. I'll catch a cab." She turned to leave, her heart heavy. She pulled out her phone and texted Aeyeong to tell her that Byulhee was now safe. 

Eunhyuk looked at Byulhee. "Let's go."

****

Raindrops hit the window steadily, gently rousing Byulhee from sleep. Her eyes flickered open as her head pounded from a hangover. She groaned as she sat up, putting a hand on her forehead. "Ugh." 

"Hmm..." The bed shifted next to her.

Byulhee's eyes snapped open as she glanced at the person in bed beside her. There was a man--whoever he was--laying face down into a pillow. He still had a shirt on. 

Byulhee glanced down at her own self. She was wearing a man's shirt. She blinked. 

What exactly happened last night? 

Her memories were jumbled.

Her eyebrows furrowed when she recalled how Jaemi had interrupted her and Eunhyuk's make-out session. 

She remembered that she had sworn to get back at Jaemi by going out for a night of partying. 

She drank. A lot. 

She remembered asking someone to take a video of her as she pole danced and put it on social media. Oops... She hoped that the video hadn't gotten any attention...

She recalled being outside of Jaemi's car and Jaemi was trying to drag her away from going out with a guy she met at the club.  

She glanced at the man next to her, supposing she had made it home with him after all. 

She remembered vomitting in a bathroom somewhere.

She looked down at the clothes she was wearing, wondering if she at least had some fun. She peeked down into her shirt. It didn't seem like it. No hickeys. No bruises. Nothing. She clicked her tongue. Bummer. 

She slipped out of the bed quietly, careful not to wake the stranger beside her. She found her clothes folded neatly on a chair. Her phone was set next to them. She smelled her clothes. No odor of alcohol, sweat, or vomit. They were fresh and clean as if they had just been washed and dried. She picked up her phone and took off the case. Her identification card and credit card were still intact. Her phone's battery was dead though. 

She grabbed her clothes and phone and went to the restroom to change. After changing, she snuck out of the apartment and hastily left the complex, making her way to a coffee shop to sober up and wait for the rain to stop. 

After spending some time at the coffee shop--once the rain ceased--Byulhee took a walk towards the J.J.E. building. She snuck in through the back entrance where only employees and idols were allowed to enter the parking lot. As she hurried across the pavement, she saw Jaemi's car parked. 

She froze in her tracks when a man exited the vehicle. It was Eunhyuk. What was he doing in Jaemi's car?! Did he and Jaemi--?!

Byulhee felt her heart breaking

As he shut the door, his eyes met Byulhee's. A look of relief washed over his face as he bolted towards her. "There you are! Where were you? I was so worried that--"

Byulhee did not want to hear it. She fled towards the building, running through the doors and into the elevator as Eunhyuk called after her. She made her way through the building until she reached the room where the Starlets and the Super Junior members were supposed to meet. She slammed open the door, causing most of the people in the room to jump. "Jaemi!" she shouted.

Jaemi turned from where she was looking out the window down at the front of the buidling below where numerous reporters were currently gathered. Her eyes widened when she saw the distressed look upon her dongsaeng's face. "What's wrong?" she asked, hurrying over to her friend. "Are you alright?"

Byulhee fumed. "What's wrong? You keep me from seeing Eunhyuk and for what?! So you can sleep with him?!"

Jaemi was taken aback. "What? What are you talking about? I've never--" 

"I saw him getting out of your car!" Byulhee cried. 

Eunhyuk ran into the room, panting heavily as he shut the door behind him. "Why did you leave this morning without waking me up? I was so worried!" 

Byulhee pointed a finger at her unnie. "See! You did sleep with him!"

Jaemi shook her head. "He's not talking to me."

Eunhyuk blinked. "I was talking to you, Byul."

Byulhee didn't seem to hear him, her head still pounded from a hangover and she was hell-bent on having Jaemi hear her feelings. "Why do you do this? You don't want me to have any fun! You don't get it! You never have!" She drew closer to Jaemi as she seethed with emotion. "You were the one who got me kicked out of the Starlets all those years ago because you didn't want me to party and have fun!"

The air felt thick with tension. A couple of gasps sounded from the Starlets. Several of the Super Junior members looked uneasy. 

Jaemi stared at Byulhee hard. "You and I both know that I wanted to keep you in the group. I wasn't the one who made the decision to--"

"You could have prevented it!"

"How? I was still a trainee. Simply a leader of a group that hadn't even debuted! I--"

"You did not have to tell the company about my partying! You were Miss Goody Two Shoes and never wanted us to have any fun!" Byulhee spat, shaking with anger. "You don't want to see us happy and with someone! When Minyeon wanted love you--"

"That's different," Jaemi interrupted. "You know that. I couldn't--"

"You're just jealous!" Byulhee continued, her mind focused only on saying what was on her heart instead of listening to the reasoning in her head. "You don't get it!" she argued, shaking her head. "You're just a lonely who's never been in love before and never will! Maybe if you had, maybe you would be a better leader!" In that moment--as soon as she said the words--she immediately regretted them. 

Jaemi stepped back, her face becoming pale.

Guilt filled Byulhee's being. She had hurt her unnie. 

She knew Jaemi. 

Jaemi was a good leader. 

Byulhee knew deep down that it was never Jaemi's fault that she was kicked out the group. It was SM's fault. It was SM's fault that the girl group disbanded years ago.  

She also knew that Jaemi was not jealous of her, and there was no possible way that Jaemi would sleep with someone that any of her dongsaengs liked.

Tears burned in Jaemi's eyes. "I'm--I'm sorry I'm not the leader you deserve," she said quietly, her voice breaking. "I'm so sorry."

Byulhee's eyes widened. She had never seen Jaemi cry before. "I'm sorry, unnie! I didn't mean it. I know--" 

Jaemi exited the room before Byulhee could finish. 

"Wait!" Byulhee's eyes filled with tears. "I didn't mean any of that!"

Leeteuk rushed out of the door and hurried toward the stairwell. He looked down the stairs, but there was no sign of Jaemi. His eyes widened as he realized that she had taken the elevator. He hurried down the steps, hoping that he could catch Jaemi before she did anything rash. 

Jaemi stepped outside of the front doors of the J.J.E. building and onto the rain soaked cement. The cold rush of air immediately nipped at her face. Her hair whipped about in the chilled wind as she faced the throng of reporters and paparazzi who shouted at her for a statement as flashes of cameras blinded her. Her arms bristled with goosebumps both at the freezing air and the thought of facing such a crowd. She took a deep breath, steeling herself for the task. 

Leeteuk ran to the lobby and found that the front doors were crowded with staff members who were peering out of the windows at something.

Upon seeing him, several staff members moved aside so that Leeteuk could see what was transpiring. As he drew close to the window, he saw Jaemi standing outside and facing the reporters. He could not see her face, but he knew that she was masking any sort of fear she was experiencing with determination. He could hear her voice clearly as she spoke aloud.

"As leader of the Starlets, I would like to apologize for my colleague's actions yesterday," Jaemi said in a clear and sincere voice. "It is all my fault. Please, do not let my negligence affect your opinion on the rest of my fellow members. It is my fault for not being a better leader. I am sorry." 

Leeteuk's eyes widened and he pressed closer to the glass as he watched Jaemi step out of her heels and onto the wet ground. He could almost feel the cold on his own feet at the thought of the cold seeping through her tights. She bowed her head, folding her arms respectfully in front of her as she slowly kneeled to the ground in a jakeunjeol bow. 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note
Hello everyone! I'm so sorry that I haven't been able to update in so long! I've had a lot of health issues to contend with (and now I have a broken foot too lol). But I hope I still have some readers for this story! I love you all!

And yay! Super Junior just celebrated their 14th anniversary! 

Wasn't that such an awesome comeback? I love "Time Slip" so much! 

Anyway, I hope you all are well! Have a good day/night! <3