Allkpop Article 6: November 16, 2016

The Starlets- [Discontinued, but working on Epilogue]
 
 
HLUUcov.png
news    credit    features    memes    photos    shop    forums   
Rookie Girl Group Puts on Show-Stopping Performance
November 16, 2016 @ 8:11 pm
ZurmZdY.png
zdVJmyT.png
by admin
scrap, share & like
4159
shares
qg7iJvC.png
GpYXxaV.png

The Starlets, a rookie girl group under the care of both SM and JJE, debuted today with their title track, "You Don't Love Me". The title track was written and composed by the Starlets own Jung Jaemi and Moon Byulhee and JJE colleague, Boo Minyeon. The MBC program aired at 6 p.m KST and fans were excited to see not only the rookie group, but the group's mentors and K-pop legends, Super Junior, take to the stage as back-up dancers. The dance was choreographed by the Starlets' main dancer Lee Nell and Super Junior's Eunhyuk and Shindong. 

SEE ALSO: Starlets Throw Party for Super Junior's Anniversary on Show

The Starlets also performed another song featured in their new album: "Piano Man". The song was also written and composed by main rapper Moon Byulhee and leader Jung Jaemi.

Fans were taken by the women's powerful vocals and brilliant stage presence. Seolmi, who received fame from modeling, already seems like a fan favorite with her amazing visuals and strong vocals. Newbies April and Kim Sijin also seem to be gaining much attention after their performances, particularly Kim, whom many doubted could perform well after her screen time on Super Junior's Hindsight.

Their music video for "You Don't Love Me" has seen an influx of views since their live performance earlier tonight. Sales for the album have already surpassed expected orders. 

The Starlets are set to appear on several music shows and variety shows, and they are expected to have more episodes of Super Junior's Hindsight released soon. JJE has also confirmed that a repackage album with be released at some point. In addition, JJE has stated that production on a second music video is now underway and plans for a third music are being considered. 

tags
JJ Entertainment
SM Entertainment
The Starlets
Super Junior
comments
There are 415 comments
5rIeMMp.png
Sort by:
Newest First
 
avatar2.png
Shinhwa_84 · Posted November 16, 2016 @ 8:19 pm
How in the world was this group disbanded initially?! They have so much talent. I was floored by their performance. I was a little skeptical at first with all the drama going on. But wow! They sure know how to put on a show! The women are all so beautiful. (Seolmi, will you marry me?) And talented. (Those notes really killed me, April.) I really have to give props to Sijin! I didn't think she'd have it in her, but she did a great job! Kinda cute and flirty too. (; She killed it! I think this group is gonna give the other girl groups a run for their money. 
Reply · Report · Share
 
avatar2.png
2muuuchtime· Posted November 16,2016 8:19 pm
Seolmi was soooo good! I had no idea she could sing so beautifully! And April unnie is so good! Her vocals are amazing! So are Byulhee's! And Nell's! And Sijin's! Ok, they all have amazing vocals! *-* All these unnies are soooo talented! Nell's choreography was perfect for both songs! I have to learn these dances!
 
Reply · Report · Share
 
avatar2.png
justsayin· Posted November 16, 2016 @ 8:19 pm
they did a really good job. they have a lot of charisma for newbies. they had a few problems tho. a couple were a little sharp or off a little bit on their notes. but that's expected for a debut, right? but Jaemi was like half a step behind a couple of times in her footwork. she should really work on her dancing some more if she's going to do this for a living. she is the leader after all. she needs to set a good example.  
Reply · Report · Share
 
avatar2.png
MylifeisKpop · Posted November 16 @ 8:19 am
I LOVED their performances! The part with Byulhee and Eunhyuk was sooooo cute! (I think I wanna ship them now! ^^) There all sooo lucky to work with SJ ^^ i envy them! Nell's choreography was perfect! and love their outfits! sooo cute! ^^ I think I'm a fan now! Oh, what is the fan club going to be called?? I can;t wait!
Reply · Report · Share
 
more