Chapter 4 - Who is He?

The Promises I'll Keep Only For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Yuri]

After putting Jessica to bed, the rest of us were sitting in the living room, chilling with the tv on.

“What's your room number, Yul?” Tiffany asked. “Is it fine if I call you that?” She tilted her head.

“That's fine with me. My friends call me Yul, so you can too. And my room number is 102.” I replied.

Taeyeon did a fist pump.

“Yes! We're roommates!”

“Woah, that's fantastic. We'll get to know each other really well then.”

That's great. Jessica can already befriend two people without putting a lot effort.

“Are you already settled?”

I shook my head.

“No, I'm not.”

“Then what are we waiting for?” Taeyeon jumped to his feet and ran to the door.

“Let's get you settled!”

“But, um…”

I was reluctant to go. What if Jessica woke up from her nap? She never liked to wake up in an unfamiliar place. I was always there when she woke up. Tiffany sensed my reluctance to leave.

“I'll still be here when Jessi wakes up. You can go unpack.” She assured me.

“Alright then, I guess we can go now.” I got up from the couch and made my way to the door. Taeyeon already had his shoes on and was waiting on me.

“Where's your bags?”

“They're still in our car.”

I slipped on my shoes and we started heading for the parking lot. The parking lot wasn't far. It was only a ten-minute walk.

“Do you have keys?” Taeyeon asked eyeing the locked car.

“Yes.” I took out a set of keys from my pocket. Taehyun had given me spare keys because he left on a late lunch. I opened the trunk and got out a luggage and a backpack.

“Hmm~. I hope you're not thinking you'll survive college with that much clothes.” Taeyeon said.

“No, Jessica and I have more things coming in later in the week. We're also planning to go shopping too.”

“Ah~. Okay. I got it.”

“Can you lead the way to the dorms?” I asked.

“You can count on me.”

Along the way to the dorms, Taeyeon told me about the area around the university and what we could do. There were lots of shopping malls and famous restaurants. Jessica would love to know that.

About seven minutes later, we reached the male dorms. When Taeyeon opened the door to our dorm room, I was surprised. I wasn't expecting the scene in front of me. But I probably should have, after all, I'm rooming with another guy. There were clothes everywhere, dishes stacked high in the sink, and a foul odor emitting from some corner of the living room.

I gulped, taken aback from so many things wrong with our dorm. Everything there went against my training as a butler.

“Um...yeah. Sorry about the mess.” Taeyeon sheepishly grinned.

He propped the door open, so I could enter with no problem. I started to carry my suitcase. I didn't want my luggage touching the floor.

“It's alright, I guess.”

I tried to find some good in the dorm, but I just couldn't. This dorm was what some people would consider a trash dump. I started walking towards the rooms. Our dorm was an exact replica of Jessica's and Tiffany's dorm.

“Your room is the second door on the left.” He called from behind me. Taeyeon went straight for the couch and jumped, laying down on it.

“Take your time, getting unpacked. We can just go back over to Jessica’s and Fany’s dorm later.” He yelled as I entered my room.

Considering how horrendous the dorm outside was, I thought my room would be too. Instead my room was perfectly clean. I exhaled in relief. I can at least be sane in the safety of my room. I placed my luggage along with my backpack on my bed and I got to work, putting away my belongings. I had packed light, so I finished quickly. The last item I placed was a picture frame of Jessica and I as kids on my desk. I stepped back so I could fall onto my bed and it felt like heaven. I'm so exhausted, I almost fell asleep until I remembered that the rest of the dorm was a mess. I quickly left my room.

“Taeyeon, get up.” I said as I walked up to the couch where he laid.

“Huh?” Taeyeon was confused.

“We need to clean up.”

He looked around the room and then pouted.

“Do we have to?” He whined.

“Yes” I firmly said.

There was no way I would live in a dorm that could house other living creatures.

“Fine.” Taeyeon huffed as he got off the coach.

---

“The dorms are not that far apart.” I noticed when we walked a few minutes from the boy’s dorm to the girl’s dorm.

“Nope. They're real close to each other. The university loves to keep anything related to each other close by.” Taeyeon answered.

I see. At least I'll be close to Jessica if she needs anything.

Tiffany had let us in since Jessica was still asleep. When I glanced at my watch, I noticed it was going to be dinner time soon, so I decided to wake her up. I quietly entered Jessica's room.

“Jessica? It's time to wake up.” I gently pulled on her covers.

She had a habit of covering herself with her blanket to the point that she looked like a cocoon.

“Hm?” She mumbled as she rubbed her eyes.

“Come on, you need to get up now.”

“Okay.” She softly said.

She did one final stretch before sitting up.

“I'll be in the kitchen with Taeyeon. We're cooking dinner tonight.”

Jessica nodded her head while yawning and got off her bed. She went for her luggage to grab a small towel.

“I'm just going to wash up.”

“Okay.”

I left her room for the kitchen. Taeyeon was already prepping his dish, microwaved macaroni and cheese. We agreed to cook an American dish each since Tiffany was craving it, but I was hoping he would know more than that. I cleared my throat to catch his attention.

“Huh?” He placed the cup of mac and cheese into the microwave as he looked at me.

“Is that all you know how to make?” I asked.

He grinned.

“Don't worry. My mac and cheese is the most perfect food you'll ever eat. It's so good, chefs around the world want to have a taste.”

“Okay? Anyways to you have any steak?” I opened the fridge and started going through it.

“We do actually. Got a special deal on it at the market. There's four steaks, enough for us to have our own.”

I found the steaks he'd mentioned and placed it on the counter behind me. I took out other ingredients I would need. The two of us spent just a little over an hour to make dinner. Well, I did. Taeyeon took only twenty minutes to microwave all the macaroni and cheese.

“Dinner’s ready~!” Taeyeon skipped into the living room where Jessica and Tiffany were getting along.

“Finally, I so hungry.” Tiffany exasperated.

She jumped up from the couch while Jessica slowly got up and did a little stretch. It seemed like she was still sleepy. We all headed for the small dining table. Taeyeon and I had already set up the table. All that was missing was us.

Throughout dinner, we got to know more about each other. Like how Taeyeon and Tiffany are fiancées and they are heirs to multi-million companies.

I occasionally glanced over at Jessica and I noticed she was becoming more relaxed with them. Jessica's always had a tough time becoming comfortable with others, so I was relieved she was relaxed. Even though Tiffany and Jessica had polar opposite personalities, they clicked very well with each other. Must've been because they're both valley girls.

“Ah~, that steak tasted like heaven.” Taeyeon sighed in content as he leaned back into chair. Tiffany agreed with him.

“Like oh my goodness that steak just melted in my mouth. It was something I have never experienced before.”

“Yuri has always been an exceptional cook.” Jessica chirped happily.

Just hearing her be excited about talking about me made my face feel a bit hot. She has been the only one to make me blush by complimenting me.

“Aw~,” Tiffany cooed, “Yul's blushing~.”

Taeyeon jumped in with the teasing too. That just made me blush even more as I noticed Jessica smiling contently at us. I knew that she would warm up to them quickly. They’re fun people that I’m sure Jessica would enjoy being around.

For the rest of the night, we enjoyed ourselves, talking while watching tv. When it was curfew for boys to leave the dorm, Taeyeon and I bid our farewells, leaving for our dorm.

---

It was Monday morning, and I was on my way to the girl’s dorm. I already told Taeyeon I would head over there and he would come later. Today classes started, and I needed to make sure Jessica got to class on time.

When I arrived at their door, I immediately pulled out the spare key and let myself in. I went to wake up Jessica. She drowsily said she was going to get up. Just to make

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter