o5. silly

Make You Smile.。.:*☆
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What’s with that look on your face?”

Yujin blinked in surprise and snapped back to her senses after hearing the frustration in Yuta’s voice. She turned to her side and narrowed her eyes at him, “What look?” she asked innocently.

Yuta huffed and crossed his arms like a child. He looked down at her with a frown, “You’re face is scrunched up in a weird way and it’s making me feel insecure!”

Yujin almost rolled her eyes at his childish accusation and fought back a chuckle. She had her natural blank face on and sprayed his face with water with a water spray.

“Yah!” Yuta jumped back and covered his face when she surprised him with a sudden water attack. “What was that for?” he cried in protest. “I thought we were done with that thing!”

“You’re being silly.”

“Eh?” he questioned in disbelief and wiped his wet face with his hands. “I’m being silly?” he repeated in surprise. “How am I silly when you’re the one who’s spraying water to my face?”

Yujin sighed in defeat and shrugged her shoulders. “You sound like a whiny kid, Yuta-san.”

Yuta scoffed, amused at the attitude she was giving him. “Oh, so we’re being formal now, Stylist-chan?” he asked in a challenging tone.

“Do you want to?” she shot back, although her voice was monotonous.

Yuta gulped, unsure if she was serious or not. ‘Damn. I’m still having a hard time reading her with that blank expression of hers,’ he cursed in thought. ‘Still, I don’t want to risk the chance of starting back to square one with her.’

Yuta squinted his eyes at her and decided not to answer her. Instead he continued to pout as he stared her down, hoping that it would somehow intimidate her to pressure her and tell him the reason why she was looking at him differently a while ago.

However, Yujin had a feeling of what he was up to and did her best to ignore it. ‘Ah, now he’s making me feel guilty,’ she thought to herself as she felt Yuta’s eyes burn holes on her head. Yujin looked up at him once before turning away to admire her surroundings.

The two of them were currently in a soccer field for the filming of their music video for Taste the Feeling, a collaboration with Coca-Cola. It was already late in the night and they were still working in such an ungodly hour but it’s something that Yujin had to get used to. She knew that working from morning ‘til night is part of the job and she was okay with it. She has to be okay with it. When Yujin accepted the job, she also accepted all the pros and cons that came with it.

All the other scenes were done earlier that day and the director decided to have Yuta’s individual part be filmed last because night time would be the perfect time to film the specific scene he was given to.

The director had called for a short break from filming after the first scene and second scene of Yuta’s story for the MV. The first scene of Yuta was the part when he was stretching and practicing kicking the ball but failing after several tries. For the second scene, Yuta has to kick the ball past the training wall but fails again, leaving him even more disappointed with himself. Now, for the final scene, the staff were adding some cans to the goal post as his targets and finally succeeds after endless tries of trying to hit a goal.

For the entire time, Yujin was with Yuta to help fix his hair and makeup in between takes like what she did with the other members who already finished filming earlier. For each scene, Yujin would spray water to his hair to make him look like he was sweating crazy from practicing. Now for the final scene, Yujin went all out with the water sprayer and soaked his hair wet. She also sprayed some on his face, fifty percent to make it look like it was sweat and fifty percent to like what she did just now.

But for now, they stood in silence as they waited for further instructions from the director and other staff to tell them what they had to do next.

Yujin looked from left to right, amazed at how small she felt standing on such a large stadium. It was her first time stepping foot on a field like this and somehow, she felt lucky for having the opportunity of being able to be there. Then, she looked forward to where the goal post was and wondered if she were to kick the soccer ball as hard as she could, would she be able to hit the goal?

While Yujin was in her own world, Yuta had calmed himself down and continued to stare at the stylist as he thought things to himself. ‘I wonder if she got her ears pierced? I really can’t tell since her hair is down and covering her ears...’ Yuta touched his left ear and felt the new earring that he replaced with the last one that he had. He replaced his lost black earring with a cute dangling cherry earring.

“Yuta, please come here,” the director called out, making the both of them turn their attention to him.

“Yes,” Yuta answered back, walking towards the director with Yujin trailing behind.

“For the final scene, it’s the part where you’ll be able to score a goal and celebrate after. It’s pretty easy for a soccer player like you, right?” the director asked him with a confident smile.

Yuta smiled at the compliment and politely bowed to the director. “I’ll do my best.”

“Okay, good,” the director nodded his head. “We’ll start filming in two minutes. Get ready.”

“Yes!” Yuta bowed one last time and walked back to his position on the field.

Yujin followed along and checked him out one last time to make sure he looked camera ready. “You’re a soccer player?” she asked all of a sudden when he started dribbling the ball in place skillfully with his feet.

Yuta stopped what he was doing and looked up from the ball to meet Yujin’s eyes. “Yeah, ever since I was five. You’ve learned a new thing about me today, Stylist-chan!” he smiled proudly. “So, what do you think? Am I cool or what?” he asked, wiggling his eyebrows up and down that made Yujin smile a little as she found it funny.

Yujin covered to hide the growing smile on her lips and shook her head. “You’re being silly.”

Yuta’s brows met in the middle in bewilderment after hearing her say that again to him. He opened his mouth to ask her again what she meant by that but the director’s voice through the megaphone, telling everyone that they’d resume the filming now.

“Fighting,” Yujin pumped a fist to wish him good luck and ran back behind the scenes as they started filming again.

Yuta sighed in defeat but was able to let a smile form on his lips when she wished him good luck. He turned around and faced the goal post, concentrating on the cans as targets. He inhaled a good amount of air and exhaled to prepare himself to get in the mood of the scene.

“Action!”

When he heard the go signal, Yuta immediately went to acting mode and started off by walking around the field, feeling the vibe of the atmosphere. Then, he stopped moving and set his eyes straight on the goal post as he blew out a huge amount of air from his body.

Yuta then started running for the ball. He kicked it with confidence but at the same time prayed that he’d somehow hit a can and strike a goal. When the ball hit the can in the center and pass through the goal, everyone watching from behind the cameras clapped in amazement when he was able to actually do it just one take. Even Yuta himself was surprised to be able to do a perfect shot with his first try, considering the fact that it’s been a long time since he’s played his favorite sport.

When Yuta put his arms up in victory for scoring a goal so easily, it showed on his face that what he felt right now was genuine and was not acting it at all. Yujin smiled at him from where she was standing as she watched him celebrate for scoring a perfect goal.

 

 

“And… cut!” the director announced. “That was perfect, Yuta!” he complimented the idol. “We won’t have to film another take for this since what you did was good enough for me.”

Yuta panted as he listened to the director. “Thank you!” he bowed his head and clapped his hands, feeling happy and relieved at the same time for finishing this scene in just one take.

“Now, we’ll film you drinking Coke and after that, we’ll be able to wrap everything up.”

“Yes,” Yuta answered back, not moving from where he stood as the staff members started removing the props behind him. Yujin also started moving and approached Yuta with facial tissues in hand. “So, am I cool?” Yuta asked her again with a smug smile on his face as she lightly dabbed his face with the tissue for his sweat.

Yujin bit her lip to fight back a laugh and sprayed his face with water again, earning another complaint from him. “You’re being really silly, Yuta-san,” she told him again but now with a hint of amusement and sarcasm in the tone of her voice.

Yuta grabbed the facial tissue from her and wiped his face himself. “No, you’re the one being silly!” he frowned. “And stop spraying me with water!”

Yujin widened her eyes at his outburst but she only found it to be amusing as he acted like a complete child. “No, you need to look like you’re sweating.”

“I’m already sweaty!”

“No, you’re not,” she countered monotonously earning an unamused look from him. “Okay, well you don’t look like you’re sweaty. You just wiped the “sweat” off of your face with that tissue.”

“Because you keep on spraying me off guard!” Yuta stomped his foot, forcing Yujin to finally let out a laugh. Yuta widened his eyes surprise as he didn’t know how to react to her behavior just now. “Now you’re laughing at me? You must be— Yah! Stop spraying me!”

“We’ll resume filming in five minutes,” the director announced.

Yujin was still in a fit of giggles as she tried to turn serious when she heard the director’s voice from behind. She took a clean tissue from her bag and wiped Yuta’s face gently, making sure that she won’t entirely wipe off his makeup. When she was done, she took a step back from him to check if he still looked decent. She nodded her head once in approval. “I’m going to spray you one last time,” she told him. “You still need to look like you’re sweating from kicking the ball for a hundred times.

“Oh, thanks for warning me this time,” Yuta said, narrowing his eyes at her exaggeration.

“What’s going on?”

Yuta and Yujin stopped fooling around when they heard Winwin’s voice. The two of them looked at the Chinese boy. Yuta had a displeased look on his face, while Yujin had a relaxed expression and it confused him. Winwin was in complete loss

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter