o4. seventh

Make You Smile.。.:*☆
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

July 7, 2016 — NCT 127 D-Day.

 

“Ah, I know I’ve done this before but I feel more nervous now than the first time,” Jaehyun said out loud, trying to calm his nerves down as he was getting his makeup done. He, along with the members of NCT 127 were in their dressing room for M! Countdown for this unit’s debut. “I think I won’t be able to survive the day.”

Donghyuck gulped hard as he felt very nervous as well. He looked up and stared at Jaehyun’s reflection on the mirror. He was sitting on one of the couches, just waiting for the other members to finish getting ready. ‘If Jaehyun hyung is feeling nervous, then what about the rest of us who’ll be debuting for the first time?’

Mark, who was beside the youngest member, noticed that he was feeling uneasy. He was able to tell that his friends is feeling distressed since he was closest to him after all. “You’ll be fine,” he said and patted his shoulder reassuringly.

Donghyuck snapped out of his thoughts when he felt a hand on his shoulder. Having been encouraged by Mark who had already experienced debuting, made him feel a calmer now. “Thanks, hyung. I’m just so nervous.”

“It’s my first time dancing in a debut,” Taeil said, joining the conversation. He felt the need to let this out. “I mean, I debuted already but the feeling I felt back then is more intense than now.”

“Ugh…” Winwin grunted as felt the nerves as well.

“We’ll do well today,” Taeyong said and looked at his panicking members through the mirror as he was getting his hair fixed. “We have to.” He would be lying to himself if he said that he wasn’t nervous. In fact, he felt the most pressure out of them all as he was the leader and center of the group. Lee Taeyong was known for being the pillar of the group and he promised to himself that he’d live up to that name no matter what it takes. “I know it’s very nerve wrecking, but the feeling of being able to perform on stage for the first time is incomparable to any other feeling you’ve felt and you’ll feel,” he said and smiled as he remembered the first time her performed on stage as NCT U. “At the end of the performance and the music stops, with the fan’s chanting, is the most rewarding feeling ever. You’ll remember it for the rest of your life and would wish that it’s that feeling you want to feel forever.”

Hearing Taeyong’s words immensely inspired the other members and made them forget about their fear of performing for the first time and replaced it with excitement.

“Spoken like a true leader,” Hyein smiled proudly at Taeyong as she finished styling his hair. She turned around and faced the boys who looked a lot calmer now. “I’m sure all of you would do well on your first stage as NCT 127. It’s what you’ve been preparing for years, right?” she asked them and they nodded in response. “So instead of worrying about it, you should focus on just having fun as celebration that you’ve finally achieved your dream of being a singer.”

“Wah, those words were really motivating, noona,” Yuta gasped as he emerged from the changing room. “Taeyong, you should say something like that too since you’re the leader.”

The members shook their head at Yuta’s obliviousness.

“He’s already given one, hyung,” Jaehyun told him with a chuckle. Once Sooah finished putting the beanie on his head, he stood up and approached the members on the couch and sat beside Winwin.

“Eh? He did?” Yuta asked in disbelief. “Taeyong, say it again,” he demanded. “I want to hear what you said.”

Taeyong rolled his eyes in amusement at how Yuta can be so demanding. Hyein gave Taeyong the signal that he was good to go and the boy stood up and stopped in front of Yuta. “Hyein noona’s speech was way better than mine,” he said and gave him a pat on the shoulder.

“But I still want to hear yours!” Yuta complained and pouted at his friend, hoping that a little aegyo would help him get what he wants.

“No,” Taeyong deadpanned and went away to sit on the couch beside Taeil.

Yuta was about to come after Taeyong but he was suddenly called by Hyein. “Come here, Yuta,” she motioned her hand on the chair. “Let’s fix your hair.”

“Oh, isn’t Yujin supposed to be fixing my hair?” Yuta asked, pointing at his still crimped hair but obliged and sat on the chair which Taeyong previously sat on.

“Yujin will most likely be here after you guys perform your first song,” she explained as she expanded a headband and put on Yuta’s forehead. “She’s running late because something came up as she was on her way here.”

“Did something happen to Yujin noona?” Donghyuck asked in concern.

Hyein looked back at the boy with a reassuring smile, still holding the headband in place. “Nothing’s wrong with Yujin. Just running late as usual.”

“Where is Yujin, noona?” Taeil asked.

Hyein was about to answer but suddenly a staff member entered their room and announced that they are called on standby as they were about to perform soon.

“Understood,” Junseo replied. “We’ll be there soon,” he told the staff member. The staff member nodded and thanked him before leaving. “We’ll go as soon as Yuta’s finished,” he instructed. “I’ll wait for you outside,” he said and left the room.

“There you go,” Hyein said, adjusting the headband on Yuta’s head properly. The boys then stood up once Yuta was done with his hair. “Good luck, boys!”

Instead of hearing response from them, Hyein only heard silence. She looked at each and every one of them and they looked like they were about to faint. Hyein laughed at the sight and gathered them in a circle. “Boys,” she called, making them look at her. “Just remember what Taeyong said and I’m sure you’ll be fine.”

“Noona’s right,” Jaehyun exhaled. “Thank you, noona,” he said and turned to leave with a smile.

“NCT 127, fighting!” Taeyong yelled.

“Fighting!” everyone yelled back, feeling a lot more confident thanks to Taeyong’s cheer.

Yuta on the other hand started to panic as he wasn’t able to hear Taeyong’s pep talk earlier. “Wait, I didn’t hear what he said!”

 

 

“I’m sorry I’m late,” Yujin bowed in apology to the staff members who were inside the dressing room when she arrived.

“You just missed them, Yujin—why do you have two bags of drinks with you?” Hyein asked in confusion and grabbed one bag from Yujin to help the girl whose hands were full. She then placed the bag on the table that was in the center of the couches. “And why is it all green tea?”

Yujin followed Hyein’s actions and put the bag she was holding on the coffee table. She sat on one of the couches and took one of the drinks, “The shop insisted and gave me a lot.”

“So that must be the reason why you came late again?” Hyein assumed.

Yujin nodded in response. “I only wanted one but then they gave me this many,” she said, eyeing her favorite drink. “I mean, I know it’s my favorite but I can’t drink this many in one day. It’s too much,” she sulked.

“Then what do you plan on doing with all of that?” Hyein asked, feeling sorry for her knowing that it would all be just a waste if she threw it all away.

Yujin counted the drinks with her eyes in her mind as she sipped on her drink “You and Sooah unnie can have some if you want.”

“No, thank you,” Sooah said as politely and casual as she could from the corner of the room. She was currently fixing some of the stuff so it won’t look too messy in the room. “I’m fine.”

Hyein smiled apologetically at Yujin while rubbing her belly. “Thank you, Yujin, but I’ll have to decline as well. You know I’m not that much of a fan of green tea, plus I don’t want to risk the baby’s health.”

Yujin nodded in understanding. She looked at the drinks again on the table, “The members can have it then.”

“You look cute, by the way,” Hyein complimented her, referring to Yujin’s outfit.

Yujin was wearing a black sweater with a white shirt underneath and black shorts over black stockings. She wore a pair of black, platform creepers with grey socks. She finished her look with a cute beanie on her head with her hair tied in a low ponytail.

“Oh! They’re on!” Hyein squealed as the boys were shown on the TV screen in the room.

 

Again ’n again again again

Again ’n again again again

Again ’n again again again

One Two Let’s go

 

Yujin then turned her head up to look at the screen. She felt her heart pound once the music started playing. ‘I wish could’ve wished them good luck before they performed.’

“So what do you think? Do they look good with my styling?” Hyein asked proudly.

 

We’re in front of a summer shower

Can’t avoid the rain, we’re getting wet

 

Yujin watched the boys while also studying their outfits. ‘They’re wearing different styles, but is still color coordinated with one another… except for Taeyong that is, since he’s the center… oh wait, and Yuta too,’ she thought to herself. “It’s good.”

Hyein raised a brow at her very short reply. “Why do you sound like you’re not satisfied?” she asked, frowning at the younger girl.

Yujin blinked in surprise and felt a little confused with Hyein’s tone. Her face immediately scrunched up in worry, afraid that she hurt the older woman’s feelings.

Hyein chuckled when she saw Yujin’s alarmed reaction,  though not much has changed in her blank appearance, still she knows when she makes her uneasy. “I’m just teasing you, Yujin,” she laughed.

Yujin pouted at the pregnant woman and sunk on her seat, remaining quiet as she focused on sipping on her drink as she felt a little bit irritated.

Hyein approached Yujin, feeling sorry that she . She knows that Yujin is a sensitive girl but she just wants to get some emotions out of her. “You know, you should just express yourself more so you won’t get misunderstood,” she advised as she sat next to her.

Yujin glanced at her briefly before turning her eyes back to the screen and watched the boys perform. She hated it when Hyein teases her like that. She’s well aware that pregnant women are very emotional and the last thing she’d want to do was upset Hyein.

Hyein sighed regetfully for making her feel bad. “I’m sorry,” she apologized earnestly. “It’s just that I’m concerned about what people would think of you when you respond indifferently like that,” she confessed. “They might get the wrong idea. Not everyone knows what you’ve been through so you’ll have to understand them too if they have the same reaction as I did. I know that you don’t mind what people think of you, and I hope you’ll stop having that mindset because it would only cause you trouble,” she explained endearingly.

Yujin bit her bottom lip, feeling uneasy with Hyein’s sudden lecture. She avoided Hyein’s gaze and continued to watch the performance. Yujin felt annoyed because Hyein somewhat hit a nerve but deep inside, she knew that the older woman was right.

 

We’re in front of the summer sun

Without any shade to escape the light

We’re facing each other

 

“I’m not scolding you so don’t feel so bad about it,” Hyein sighed in defeat when she didn’t get a response from Yujin. “Today isn’t a day to be sad, right?” she asked, grabbing Yujin’s face to make her look at her. “I just want you to know that I care for you so much because I love you,” she said, feeling a little bit teary eyed. “You’re my little sister, Yujin. Remember that forever.”

Yujin was speechless when she heard those words from her and immediately ten times worse when she saw Hyein produce one tear from her eye.

 

The twinkling stars

in the night sky are for you

To you, to you, to you

As much as I waited

I’ll tell you my heart-pounding confession

Again and again and again

(I never let you down)

This summer once again

Ha~ Ha~ Ha~

 

Just in time when Yujin broke away from Hyein’s hug, she saw Yuta’s dazzling smile as he sang his line.

 

My heart once again

 

In an instant, Yujin felt warm just by seeing him smile as he performed on the stage for the first time.

 

My heart once again

 

 

“The performance is done,” Hyein said, looking at the screen. She faced Yujin and smiled at her widely in excitement. “It’s gonna be busy again once the boys get here so I hope you’re ready for it.” Hyein grabbed Yujin’s hands and held it tightly. “What happened to your hands?” she asked in surprise when she saw that Yujin’s hands looked like she did a painting with the colors leaving a residue on them.

“Hair chalk,” Yujin simply answered.

Hyein gave her a look but didn’t question her any further. She stood up and started walking to the vanity to fix some stuff up but Yujin prevented her when she caught her hand. Hyein looked back in confusion and was surprised to see Yujin look at her with big, bright eyes, and an appreciative smile on her lips.

“You’re going to be a great mom, unnie.”

 

☆*:.。.make you smile.。.:*☆

 

“Yujin’s here!” Taeyong exclaimed when he saw the newbie stylist as he was the first to enter the dressing room and quickly approached her.

“Yujin noona!” Donghyuck called out in the hall and pushed the other members to get inside the room quickly.

Mark also pushed the other members to hurry to the dressing room. “Noona!” he called out in excitement and started running behind Donghyuck.

“Yah, no pushing!” Taeil reprimanded but was completely ignored by the maknaes of the group when they got passed him. “The two of them are always excited to see her,” he chuckled to himself. “It wasn’t that long when we last saw each other.”

“Yeah…” Yuta coolly answered, shrugging his shoulders and acted like he wasn’t in a hurry to see her too.

“You’re so obvious, hyung,” Jaehyun snickered as he watched Yuta start to fix himself up.

The Japanese boy felt cold sweat run down his spine when he heard Jaehyun teasing him yet again. “Huh?” he asked, trying to play innocent. “Obvious? What do you mean?”

Jaehyun rolled his eyes and smirked at him, but before he could say anything, he was cut off by Donghyuck who stuck his head out of the dressing room.

“Hurry up, hyungs!” He gestured a hand for them to come quickly. “Yujin noona has something for us!”

“Okay!” Winwin answered and started jogging, leaving Jaehyun behind.

Once the remaining members finally got to the dressing room, they immediately searched for Yujin to find out what Donghyuck said about her having something for them. Having gotten used to Yujin’s normally blank face, they still broke out in huge smiles when they saw her holding out two drinks in her hands towards them.

“Green tea lattes?” Taeil asked, happy to receive the sweet drink from her.

“Congratulations on your debut,” she greeted them, and this time she did it with a smile. Even though it was small, it was genuine.

Taeil grabbed one from her and patted her head affectionately. “Thank you, Yujin!”

Jaehyun approached his friend to get the remaining drink from her hand but Winwin quickly gave him one which he found surprisingly confusing. “Here’s yours,” Winwin handed him the drink with an innocent smile.

Jaehyun was stunned by his actions. He didn’t know if he was able to catch on his teasing and so he hesitantly took the drink from Winwin. “Thanks,” he said to Winwin, then turned to Yujin’s direction. He held the drink up at her and smirked, “Thanks, Yujin. How did you know that green tea is Yuta hyung’s favorite?” he whispered in her hear, his voice teasing her.

Yujin’s face instantly turned red in embarrassment from the new information she was given but before she could deny anything, Jaehyun already went to the safe side which is beside Hyein. Yujin gave Jaehyun and annoyed look that he only chuckled at, much to her annoyance.

“Hey, Stylist-chan,” Yuta excitedly called in a low tone. He didn’t want anyone know that he had a nickname for Yujin because he wanted to be the only one to call her that.

Yujin hesitantly turned around when she heard the nickname she’s gotten used to now. She was shy to face him, knowing the fact that her face was still a bit red from embarrassment. She slowly turned to face him, silently praying that her face wasn’t too red anymore but as soon as she did, she met face to face with his chest hat was exposed due to the fact that he was wearing a low-neck shirt.

Yuta’s face broke out in a huge grin when the girl finally looked at his direction. ‘Wah~ she looks super cute today!’ he thought happily to himself. ‘But why is her face so red?’ he asked himself. He followed her eyes and looked down to what she was staring at. Yuta immediately covered his chest with his white shirt, flustered that Yujin was looking directly at his chest.

Yujin snapped out of it when he finally covered his chest. “Here!” she said, extending her hands in front of him to give him the drink with her head down. She was too embarrassed right now that she couldn’t even dare to look at him.

Yuta understood why she wasn’t looking at him. He, himself was embarrassed too. “Thanks…” he said, getting the drink from her with his hands slightly shaking.

When Yujin felt the drink get taken away from her hands, she quickly turned around and walked away to save herself from further embarrassment from him.

Yuta felt a little disheartened when she left so suddenly but didn’t take it personally. Instead, he sipped on the sweet drink as he watched her with a small smile. He let out chuckle when he saw Yujin start to fan her face with her hands. ‘Ah~ Kanojo wa hontōni kawaīdesu (Ah, she really is cute.)’

“Yah, what are you laughing at.”

Yuta looked to the side when he felt someone nudge his shoulder. He saw Taeyong look at him with a weird look on his face.

“So?” Taeyong raised an eyebrow and sipped his drink.

Yuta smiled at him widely and said, “It’s been a while since I got to drink green tea, that’s all.”

Taeyong kept his brow up, unconvinced by his answer but ignored it and just shrugged his shoulders. “You’re acting pretty weird lately,” he said, rolling his eyes but was just ignored by his friend with that smile still on his face.

 

 

“We don’t have much time for the next stage,” Hyein announced with authority as she scanned her surroundings. “Yujin, you can start helping Mark and Yuta get dressed for the next stage while Sooah and I will be in charge of the rest,” she instructed.

Yujin nodded her head but lifted a hand, wanting to ask a question. “Can I have Winwin for hairstyling?”

Winwin’s eyes lit up when he heard his name. “Me?” he asked, pointing at himself.

“Are you gonna do something weird to Winwin’s hair too?” Jaehyun snickered.

“Yeah,” Yujin answered naturally.

The other member’s eyes widened in surprise, thinking of different hairstyles that she could possibly give Winwin, especially Yuta since he was the first victim after all.

“Eh??” Winwin asked in surprise and was about to protest but Hyein spoke up, losing all his chances to.

“Sure, you can style his hair,” Hyein nodded. “Let’s get started,” she said with finality and the members stood up, getting their stage outfits from the hanger.

“Good luck,” Jaehyun whispered to Winwin who looked a little bit uneasy at the moment.

Mark and Yuta approached Yujin who held their costumes for them.

“Noona, what are you gonna do to Winwin hyung’s hair?” Mark asked curiously as he took the clothes from her.

“It’s something cool,” she answered simply. “I’m gonna have to do it to you too.”

“Really?” Mark asked cheerfully getting excited in what’s in store for him. “Alright, I’ll go get changed now!” he said and headed towards the dressing room.

“So what’s that cool thing you’ll to their hair?” Yuta asked as casually as he could. He wanted the awkward atmosphere between them go away and talking normally with her was his plan. “Will you do it to my hair too?” he asked with a smug expression. The dressing rooms were all occupied and had to wait his turn.

Yujin glanced at him quickly then look at the ground again as she rubbed her arm awkwardly. “No.”

Yuta felt a sweat drop. “You’re doing it to Mark and Winwin but not to me?” he whined. “But why??” he asked, sounding like his normally hyper self already.

Yujin bit her lower lip and nervously looked up at him. “Your hair’s already cool,” she mumbled and met his eyes for a second before turning away again. She let out a quiet sigh to calm herself down since she honestly hasn’t moved on yet with her previous encounter with him not too long ago, and having complimenting him just now made her shy around him once again.

Yuta on the other hand was overjoyed by what he heard and it was clearly shown on his face. He was smiling so wide that Mark actually felt scared when he returned from the dressing room. “Uh… Hyung?” he called out. “You can change now,” he said, unsure if the older boy heard him.

“Okay,” Yuta answered in a daze and walked away.

Mark looked at the older boy who was acting strange. “Hey, noona,” he looked at Yujin. “Don’t you think he’s being really weird right now?” he asked in concern.

Yujin turned to the younger boy and nodded her head. “Very.”

 

 

“Okay,” Yujin gave Winwin a thumbs up through the mirror. She looked at her finished work with satisfaction. “You’re done, Winwin,” she said, holding up a mirror behind his head.

Winwin looked at his reflection and turned his head from side to see what she’s done to the back part of his hair. He was nervous at first when he sat on the chair. He kept on thinking that Yujin would do something extreme with his hair like what she did with Yuta’s, but he only stressed himself by thinking of that possibility. Turns out, Yujin only applied hair chalk to make his pink locks pop up even brighter and she did the same with Mark’s orange fringe.

Winwin clapped his hands in glee and turned the chair around with a smile on his face. “Thanks, I like it.”

Yujin gave him a small smile in response and stepped out of the way so he could get off of his seat. Once Winwin stood up, he approached s who sat around the table, waiting for further instructions from the M!Countdown staff.

Hyein, who left with Junseo earlier to check the stage out, returned to the dressing room to inform them that they’ll have to get on stage soon. “We’ll have final preparations here for five minutes then head out right after,” Junseo announced.

“Yujin and Sooah, check their clothes and accessories one last time. Make sure everything’s secure and nothing will fall off,” Hyein instructed.

The two stylists under Hyein complied and approached the members they were in charge to for final checking.

Yujin firstly went to Mark since he wore more accessories than Yuta. “Do you feel like something’s going to fall off?” she asked him whilst checking out all the accessories he wore were secure.

Mark jumped twice as his way of feeling if something doesn’t feel right. “Maybe the bandanas?”

Yujin quickly nodded and started to redo his bandana on his forehead and the one around his neck. She made sure that she tied the knots securely. Yujin went in front of Mark and asked him again, “how about now?”

Mark jumped up and down again and gave her a thumbs up. “Better,” he smiled at her. “Thanks, noona,” he said and walked back to the other members who were now fixing their microphones and batteries.

Yujin then turned to the side to face the Japanese boy who quietly waited for his final checking. She was now able to look at him in the eye as she finally got herself together after having those embarrassing encounters with him earlier. Yujin studied him from head to toe but only one item caught her eye. “How do you feel about that skirt?”

Yuta blinked at her confusing question. “I’m starting to feel very comfortable wearing it for the third time now,” he answered truthfully.

Yujin was taken aback by his very honest answer and was only able to stare at him for a good three seconds.

Yuta raised a brow at her when he saw her eyes curve a little and heard a stifled laugh from her. “Y-yah! Why are you laughing?” he asked out of embarrassment as his face started warming up.

Yujin shook her head and took a breath in to regain composure. “I didn’t mean it that way. Do you think you’ll be able to move well with that skirt?” she clarified, her face turning back to normal. “Is it too tight around your waist? Do I have to make some kind of adjustment?”

“Oh,” Yuta looked away to hide the blush on his face. He started stretching his legs out to the front, back and sides to check. When he was finished, he looked down at Yujin and pointed at the opened part of the skirt. “Can you do something about this? It’s kind of hard to spread my legs.”

Yujon looked to where he was pointing at and quickly understood what he meant. “Oh, you mean the slit?”

‘Slit? So that’s what it’s called,’ he said in his thoughts. “Yeah.” Yujin kneeled and started unbuckling his belt for him which made Yuta’s eyes go wide like saucers. He immediately stepped back, surprising her. “I-I’ll do that m-myself,” he stammered, feeling like he was about to have a mental breakdown. ‘How could she do that so casually?’ He quickly looked at the other members and was beyond relieved that they were too busy doing something to actually see what just happened between them. ‘Thank God no one saw that!’ he sighed in relief as he finished unbuckling his belt. Yuta swallowed hard before turning to Yujin again. He was too conflicted with his inner thoughts that he couldn’t even talk to her now.

Yujin looked at him with a puzzled look. She didn’t know that what she did stimulated his teenage hormones. ‘He really is acting weird,’ she thought innocently and started working on the skirt.

Yuta felt himself start to sweat as he watched Yujin adjust the skirt for him. ‘What’s happening to me? She’s fixed this skirt a couple of times but this is the first time I actually felt nervous that she’s this close to me!’ he thought, biting his lip as a distraction. ‘Why did you have to do that, Yujin? Do you know that what you did was very risqué?’ he scolded her in his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter