Final

Perfect for You

"Oh Ms. Hwang, you are here. I think you are to tutor Ms. Kim, Kim Taeyeon today." Mr. Seo said, looking at the piece of paper with a list, where volunteers signed up to do peer-tutoring. "Sorry you got Taeyeon." Mr. Seo looked at her sympathetically. 

"No it's not a bother at all." Tiffany said sincerely. 'No worries Mr. Seo. In fact, I signed up just so I would be able to spend some time with that little delinquent. Hope she is not a no-show this time again.' 

"She is 20 mins late. Where is she? She promised me she will not skip detention this time. She will receive a week of detention for this. THis is the second time she skipped detention."

'Since when did she ever show up to detention.' Tiffany thought to herself.

She was currently standing in front of the teaches who was exhasperatedly wiping the sweat on his face. 

"Thank you for volunteering to tutuor Ms. Hwang. Looks like your peer-student is nowhere to be found. You can wait for a few more minutes and see if she shows up and then you are free to go." 

"It's okay sir. I will just sit here and finish up the homework and help anyone else if they need." Tiffany said politely. She was a tad disappointed that the girl she was supposed to tutor didn't show up. 

'This is my only time to see you and you don't show up.'  Tiffany sighed and took out her books to finish up her homework.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Dude what are you doing here? I thought you were in detention." 

"Yea I am supposed to be there as we speak." Taeyeon said looking at the time on her phone. 

"hmm" Yuri didn't say anymore and handed Taeyeon a bottle and a cigarrete. 

Taeyeon took the bottle from Yuri and kept gulping down the Bacardi like she was drinking water to quench her thirst. SHe only stopped when Yuri snatched the bottle from her, making the alcohol spill on her. 

" Yul! WHy did you snatch it away from me?"

"Damn Tae you are going to kill yourself if you drink like that. What the hell happened?"

Yuri asked trying to make eye contact with her friend, who was looking away. "Tae did something happen at home?"

"It's not my home." Taeyon said rather harshly. Yuri backed off a little. SHe knew how Taeyeon felt about living in her foster home.

"Yea whatever. So what happened now?" 

"Nothing, just the usual." Taeyeon said taking the bottle from Yuri and taking a swig. Yuri didn't push further and let the girl have her way. 

"Don't worry buddy, you are turning 18 soon and you can get outta there." Yuri said encouragingly. 

The two have been friends since, they both grew up in the same orphanage. Yuri ended up getting adopted when they were ten, Taeyeon ended up going into the foster system when that orphanage dissolved due to budgeting hardships. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Tiffany saw the girl who she was supposed to tutor the day before, in school she missed first period. 'So you finally show up.' 

"Hey Taeyeon!" Tiffany greeted the girl who just took a seat beside her. This was one of the few times TIffany was grateful for assigned seats. 

"Hey." Taeyeon mumbled, with her head down. SHe was wearing her cap forwards unlike the usual snap back, so her face was barely seen. 

"Why didn't you come to tutoring yesterday?" Tiffany tried again. 

"It was detention." Taeyeon corrected. 'Oh yea, I forgot it was detention for her.' "Sorry, I left you hanging. Something came up, I had to go." Taeyeon explained. 

Tiffany nodded. She looked over to the girl next to her, and saw the looming bruise that was on the side of Taeyeon's face, peaking over her cap.

"Taeyeon what happened to your face?" Tiffany asked concerned for the girl beside her, who seemed to shrink even more.

"No-Nothing. What? I am totally fine. I'm gonna go to the bathroom. Bye Hwang." 

Tiffany sighed and shook her head. 'What happened to her face?'

"Did you see that bruise on Taeyeon's face. It was huge. I bet she got her in trouble again." 

Tiffany looked at her friend. 'When would these people stop judging Taeyeon.' 

"I heard she is part of some gang." 

"Really?" 

"Tiff I feel so bad you have to seat besdie her in second period and tutor her." 

"No need to feel bad. She is not that bad." 

"You don't know her Tiff. Stay away from her. She is dangerous." 

Tiffany sighed again. 

----------------------------------------------

"Daddy I don't want to go to your office party." 

"Come on Stephanie. It's just got a couple hours. You get to wear that new dress that you have been eyeing?" Mr. Hwang tried. 

"How did you know? Nevermind. Fine Daddy I'll go." Tiffany said rolling her eyes, smiling a little. 

"Joon you have to stop spoiling Stephanie like that." Mr. Hwang looked back hearing his wife's voice. 

"What? I didn't spoil her or anything." 

"You let her have that dress Joon." Mrs. Hwang said sternly. 

"Come on Soyeon! She is just a kid and she has been looking at it for a while. I even waited for a month like you said." Mr. Hwang tried giving his wife the puppy eyes. 

"Oh gosh! You need to stop doing that. It was cute when you were in your twenties." 

"Yah! You still think I'm cute." 

"Cute my ." Mrs. Hwang rolled her eyes. Mr. Hwang smiled at the resemblance of his wife and daughter.

------------------------------------------

'If this is not boring, I don't know what is. I wonder what Taeyeon is doing. Probably riding her bike around town.' 

"Hey." 

Tiffany looked up at the deep voice. 

"Hey." 

"I am Nickhun. I am your father's colleague's son." 

"Hi Nickhun, my father's colleague's son. I am Tiffany." 

"Tiffany. Nice to meet you." 

"Nice to meet you Nickhun." 

"...and so then Taec had the ball. Then I.." 

"Mhhm" 

Tiffany has been mindlessly listening to Nickhun giving her the play by play of his last baseball match and to say Tiffany was bored out of her mind was an understatement. She was looking around in search of an excuse to escape Nickhun's gripping story about his team winning a match when she saw someone familiar talking to one of the security guards. She excused herself from Nickhun and walked toward the girl she didn't expect to see here. 

"This is invite only party, kid." 

"Yea, and I was invited, that's my-" 

"Taeyeon?" Taeyeon heard the voice and her eyes widened.

"See? She knows me." 

The guards looked at Tiffany and let go of Taeyeon's arms. "Sorry ma'am, we apologize for the inconvinience. It's just that we had been told that some kid has been sneaking into these parties." 

Taeyeon shook her head. "It's fine. Tch kids these days." Taeyeon said smirking, walking with Tiffany.

"It's you isn't it?"

"What? Me what?" Taeyeon asked feigning ignorance.

"Kid crashing parties?" Tiffany smiled looking at the girl walking beside her. 'She looks so innocent, barely looks fifteen.' 

"Huh? What? never. haha" Taeyeon tried to avoid Tiffany's accusation. 

"Fine. Whatever you say Kim Taeyeon."

"Thanks for covering for me back there."

"I will only accept your thanks, if you find a way to rescue me from this boring party and that guy who won't stop talking to me about his bseball game." Tiffany said scrunching her nose at the thought of going back to the party.

"Consider it done Hwang! I noticed you looking bored from up there." Taeyeon pointed at the room upstairs overlooking the hotel ballroom where the party was held.

'You never call me by my name.' 

"How did you get up there?" 

"You wanna go?" 

"Is that even allowed?" Tiffany asked cautiously. 

"Probably not. But come on, it's fun. We can stalk the awkward office people trying to socialize with their bosses." Taeyeon smiled which took Tiffany aback. She had never seen the troublemaker smile. Tiffany just followed the tug on her arm and let Taeyeon drag her. 

"Wouldn't your parents mind if I borrowed you from the party?" 

"Nope! They are too busy socializing to notice." 

"Cool, after you." Taeyeon said bowing as she held the door open. Tiffany giggled at the girl's act and entered the dark room.

"What's this room Taeyeon-ah?"
 

"Hold on, lemme get the lights." With that Taeyeono the lights. Tiffany looked around what seemed like a technical room, for the ballroom underneath it. It had a laptop with a playlist that was playing, the sound board, the electronic switch board. 

"Come! Look at the view. Damn they ran out of those mozarella balls. I love those." Taeyeon said looking over the ballroom. 

"Me too!" Tiffany said, coming over to where Taeyeon was peering over the party that was going on. She saw Nickhun now trying to talk to some other girl and smiled when the girl looked bored. 

"Look she looks soo bored. What does this guy even say that's so boring?" Apparently Taeyeon was also looking at the same thing. 

Tiffany laughed. "Were you watching me getting bored from here as well?" 

Taeyeon rubbed her nape and smiled sheepishly. "Haha yeah, you looked like you needed some new company, so I had to jump in-"

"You just had to." Tiffany teased. 

"What can I say, can't just watch a pretty girl bored out of her mind." Taeyeon smiled. 'Oh look at those...never knew you have chin dimples. Then again, I never really knew you smile. Cute.' 

"Did you just call me pretty?" 

"What? No. I just stated the obvious. I wasn't trying to pull anything. I was just-" Taeyeon tried to explain herself. 

'You little cutie, calling me pretty and getting flustered.' Tiffany bit back a smile. 

"Thank you. You cleaned up pretty well." Tiffany did a once over on the girl, Taeyoen was wearing a white shirt with a black vest and black slacks. 

"I-Wha-Oh..haha thanks. I just borrowed the clothes from the laundry downstairs. I think it's the standard uniform of this hotel employees haha." Taeyeon awkwardly laughed trying to ignore her face heating up at the simple compliment. 

'Omo you are so cute blushing.' 

"Haha that's awesome! How did you get in the laundry room?" 

"I have my ways. The hotel laundry rooms are huge. Did you know that?" Taeyeon asked casually opening a can of what seemed like a beer. 

"Where did you get that?"

"Oh just got one from the party downstairs. You wanna take a swig?"

"Uh.." TIffany hesitated for a bit, but then, "you know, what the heck, pass me the can."

Taeyeon smiled her lop sided grin when Tiffany took a big sip and scrunched up her face at the taste of alcohol. "Ewww'"

"What?" 

"It tastes soo bad. Why do people drink it?" 

Taeyeon smiled. "You've never had beer before?" 

Tiffany shook her head as answer. 

Cute. 

The two girls spied on the guests of the party, Tiffany seemed to loosen up a little more, probably effects of the beer.

"Hey wanna have some fun with the people down there?"

"What do you have in mind?"

Taeyeon looked at the light switchboard and she smiled. 

Tiffany saw her staring at the switchboard..."Taeyeon don't you thi-"

She heard people screaming and squealing and she didn't have to look at Taeyeon to know that the troublesome girl was wearing a proud smirk on her face. 

"Haha Oh my gosh! Look at Nickhun!" Taeyeon pointed at the figure of the boy who was making a beeline toward someone who Tiffany knew was his father. Tiffany looked at the girl beside her, who seemed engrossed in amusement and smiled. 

It was not long before, they heard someone trying to open the door of the tech room. 

"Oh shi-hold on. Come here." with that Taeyeon turned off the lights of the room, yanked Tiffany toward her and flipped their position so she was almost pinning Tiffany against the wall. 'Oh my! Are you going to do what I think..' 

"Tae-"

"shh" 

Seconds later, the door was opened and a man walked in and the lights of the tech room. 

"Waaah-" The man gasped in shock seeing the two girls in that position and assumed the first thin that came to his mind. 

Taeyeon turned around like she didn't know he was going to walk in, and used the time he took to recover from shock to push him aside and run out of there, with Tiffany hot at her heels. 

They ran and didn't look back until they were far from the tech room, in a random corridor in the huge hotel. Tiffany couldn't wipe the smile on her face. They stopped in front of a random room, and Taeyeon pulled out a card key to open the door surprising Tiffany. 

"Why you just bring me to a hotel room?" 

"What? Omo It's not like that. I picked up this card key when I was wandering around, and thought it would be cool to check it out. I promise I am not trying anything sneaky with you." Taeyeon explained in one breath. 

'It's okay Taeyeon-ah breath! I was just teasing.' 

TIffany nodded and turned around supressing the smile, causing Taeyeon to explain some more. "I swear. We can go some other place with more people if you feel more comfortable." Taeyeon said in a small voice. 

'Stupid me! SHe probably thinks I will hurt her or something. This is what I get when my stupid repuration precedes me.' 

Taeyeon was surprised when she was Tiffany taking off her heels and getting on the bed, eventually balancing herself on the bouncy mattress to stand on it. 

"Wha-What are you doing?" Taeyeon said surprised. 

"Come on Taeyeon-ah." With that Tiffany pulled the other girl on the bed, both girls standing face to face. 

Tiffany started jumping on the bed with no warning, almost making Taeyeon lose her balance, causing Tiffany to stop momentarily. 

"What! You never jumped on a mattress when you were young?" 

Taeyeon shook her head. 

"Come on!" Tiffany took her hand and jumped on the bed, soon enough Taeyeon joined as well. They the tv all the way and jumped until they got tired. 

"Damn that was tiring!" Taeyeon said, plopping on the mattres to sit down. Soon Tiffany followed and rested her head on Taeyeon's shoulder, resulting in Taeyeon to look at her in surprise, which she missed because she has her eyes closed, savoring the moment. 

Taeyeon lied down on the bed without warning causing Tiffany to lose her balance and ram her head into Taeyeon's stomach, who then yelped. 

"Oww" 

"That's what you get when you move without warning." 

Taeyeon was lying down with her hands under her head while Tiffany's head was still resting on Taeyeon's stomach, until Taeyeon's stomach growled and Tiffany got up laughing. 

"Someone is hungry. Haha" 

"Stop making fun of me. I haven't eaten all day." Taeyeon defended her stomach. "Plus it's a natural thing." 

It growled again, and this time it was Tiffany. 

"Welp! Looks like we're just a couple of hungry people." Tiffany said still laughing. 

"Fine! Let's go find some food." 

Tiffany found herself getting dragged into what looked like a room  full of keys. 

"What room is this?" 

"This milady is where they keep the keys after valet parking." Taeyeon said bowing at the door letting Tiffany enter first. 

"What? How did you know?" 

"I used to work here. Haha! Now come on let's take our pick and we can go hunt for street food." 

Taeyeon was driving, the car, since she didn't want Tiffany to get into trouble if they were to get caught or anything, which filled Tiffany's heart at the throughtful gesture from Taeyeon. 

"Where are we going?" 

"Gwanjang Market." 

"Where is it?" 

"We are almost there. You have never been?" 

"No." 

"WHAT!! You are missing out bro! THey have the best gimbap." Taeyeon said excitedly. 

They walked around the market, looking at all the food and things. Mainly Taeyeon standing back and watching Tiffany getting excited about all the things that she was seeing for the first time. 

"Omo! I am soo full!" Tiffany exclaimed, while patting her tummy. 

"Me too! Wanna head back out?" Taeyeon asked looking at the time. It was 11pm.

"Okay yeah." 

"Tell me the way back to your house. I will drop you off home." Taeyeon offered. 

"Okay Thanks Taeyeon-ah." 

"You are welcome." 

Taeyeon put the address Tiffany gave her, on the phone, and followed the gps.

After arriving at said destination she looked at the passenger seat and saw Tiffany who fell asleep, her hair all over her face, since the windows were down.  

"Umm..Hey? Wake up! We are at your house!" Taeyeon tried without success. She then poked Tiffany's arm which woke up the girl. 

She looked around groggily. 'You are so cute when you wake up.'

"We are home?" She asked. 

"Yes we are." 

Tiffany tried to sleepily open the door, but it seemed like the door lock was jammed. So Taeyeon, got out and tried to open it from the outside, which worked. 

"Here." Taeyeon said, holding the door open for Tiffany. 

'Almost feels like you are driving me home after a date.' 

"I had a lot of fun causing trouble in hotel rooms, and going around town with you Taeyeon-ah. Thanks for bringing me home. We should go on secret little rendevous again." Tiffany said smiling and Taeyeon couldn't help but mirror the expression. 

Taeyeon just nodded in response. "I had a lot of fun with you Tiffany." 

Tiffany's heart swelled hearing Taeyeon say her name for the first time. It has always been 'Hwang'. She couldn't help herself seeing the shy girl standing in front of her shuffling on her feet looking down.

'What happened to your tough, bad girl image?' 

Tiffany reached out kissed Taeyeon's cheek, making the girl even more nervous. Tiffany smiled at the shocked look on Taeyeon's face, upon realizing what just happened. 

If Taeyeon was shocked before, then now she felt the breath knocked out of her at the sight of Tiffany's smile, with her eyes turning into small crescents, the whole package. 

"I-erm..I." Tiffany giggled at teh flustered girl. 

"Good night Tae! Go return the car and don't get into trouble on the way." 

With that Taeyeon watched the girl that she had been crushing on so hard for all these years, go inside her house. She palme her nape and got into the car driving away with a huge grin on her face. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She was invited to a party at Jessica's house later in the evening, so she wouldn't have time to do it then.