Comeback Home

Good Thing(s)

Hello! Have fun reading!


Taeyeon sits, nestled into her more than comfortable armchair sipping on a cup of coffee which was tightly cupped between her warm hands. 

She swallows the bitter yet comforting drink as she looks out of the window and at Seoul's brightly lit skyline on a Friday night, catching glimpses of her incredibly boring self in the glass pane. 

She sighs and sets the cup down on the table before grabbing her phone and wrapping her lean fingers around its center, she stares at it for a moment before turning it on only to be greeted with a flood of notifications all of which sparked no interest in her mind. 

Or so she thought. 

As she scrolls down, one message, in particular, catches her eye. 

11:25 PM - Jessica <3: hlep.

hlep? 

Her fingers fly over the screen as she types out a reply. She's reminded of the time Jessica, her best friend, had taken her phone and added the <3 to her own name. 

-----

"Taengoo ah! Do you not love me? What's with the full stop at the end of my name?"  says Jessica cheekily while messing around with Taeyeon's phone, a sentence that was met by nothing but blushes from Taeyeon's side. 

Jessica doesn't notice and instead starts editing her name on the flustered girls phone, "Better," she mutters before sliding the phone back to its owner. 

The animated heart makes Taeyeon's very real one flutter.

-----

11:36 PM - sica yah? hlep? 

Her eyebrows were arched in suspicion as she waited for a reply, the bubbles on Jessica's side of the message box spring up. 

11:37 PM - Jessica <3: cblulb. drunjk. 

Now concerned, Taeyeon opens up her call logs and immediately dials the first number she sees, the ringing of the other line stops within seconds only for Taeyeon to hear ear-splitting yet muffled music coupled with screams from all around. 

"Sica?" Taeyeon yells out in order for the girl to hear her as she places a hand over her other ear. 

No reply. 

The extremely displeasing noise of what seemed like an electric guitar being strummed by someone with no fingers wavers its way into Taeyeon's ears and is enough for her to scrunch her face up in disgust. 

"Jessica?" she shouts yet again, hopefully not waking the neighbors in the process. 

Only then does she hear the ringing of an extremely familiar laugh. 

"Jung Sooyeon." Taeyeon says firmly. 

"Taengoo!" comes the high-pitched reply from the other end which was followed by laughter yet again. 

"Where are you?" Taeyeon asks, now leaning forward and staring blankly at the no longer steaming hot coffee cup in front of her. 

"canyoupeakmeup?" Jessica blurts out in a rush. 

"Yes. Where are you?" Taeyeon asks again. 

"club." Jessica says blandly. 

wow, I did not know that! Taeyeon thinks to herself sarcastically. 

She sighs, "Which Club Sica?"

"mmmmm" comes a flustered tone from the other side. She seemed to be thinking.

"dunno." says the girl finally. 

Taeyeon raises her hand to her face in what would have been called a facepalm. 

"Jessica Jung Sooyeon. Where the hell do you remember last being?" she asks while pinching the bridge of her nose. 

"Gangnam..." says the small voice, still unsure. 

"Stay where you are. Like seriously don't even move. I'm coming." Taeyeon says with a sigh before leaping off the chair and cutting the phone. 

She slips her shoes on, grabs her car keys and races for the door. She slips her phone and some cash into her pocket on the way before shutting the lights off and sprinting to the parking lot using the fire escape. Trying to be as quick as possible. 

She knew where she was to be, Jessica's favorite club in Gangnam - Divine. Hopefully at least. 

The drive was quiet yet rushed, Taeyeon drummed her fingers on the wheel impatiently at every red light, played no music and her eyes screamed worry. 

She skids into the crowded driveway, almost killing 4 people and banging into another car on the way. The car stops and she wastes no time in getting out, it had been 20 minutes since Jessica had called her, who knows what could have happened by now? 

The music gets louder and louder as she nears the vicinity but it drains itself out of her already occupied mind. 

She sprints over to the bars entrance and shoves her driver license into the guards face before stumbling over towards the bar table, tripping over at least seven people while doing so, mumbling a pathetic sorry every time. 

Taeyeon walks over to one of the bartenders, "Have you seen a-" she starts off breathlessly as she looks around the dimly lit club, the ever-changing colors of the disco lights cause her eyes to strain until she no longer has to. From afar she spots a familiar silhouette crouched over on a table flooded with empty glasses of all sorts. 

"Nevermind." she murmurs to the startled bartender who then rolls his eyes and gets back to filling a bottle with some drink or the other. 

Taeyeon pushes through the crowd and finally seats herself at the table. Jessica, however, doesn't notice. 

"Sica yah." Taeyeon says quite loudly to the girl who jerks her head up in shock before heaving a drunken sigh of relief and falling back down. 

Taeyeon pushes some of the glasses aside, careful not to drop any, and ruffles the girls hair before lifting her head up. 

"gaengoo.." Jessica says, her words in a slur, it was clear that she'd drunk a whole lot more since she'd called her best friend. 

Taeyeon, under normal circumstances, would have chuckled but on seeing Jessica's physical state, laughing was the last thing that was on her mind. 

The girls hair was disheveled, her eyes were pooled with tears and her skin was pale but on seeing Taeyeon's face she cracked somewhat of a smile that relieved Taeyeon of her anxiety. 

"You okay kiddo?" she asks the clearly distressed girl as she pulled her in for somewhat of an embrace. 

"engoo." Jessica mumbled into Taeyeon's hair, her vocabulary seemed to be limited to the one word which in itself was becoming smaller and smaller. 

Taeyeon sighs and lifts the girl out of the chair, grabs her little bag which threatened to fall off her shoulder and her phone which lay face down on the table and gets ready to get the hell out of there. 

She drags, basically carries the intoxicated girl, out of there and into the parking lot, Jessica seemed to have lost all emotion in her eyes as she blindly let Taeyeon lead her towards the car. Not falling to her death in her stupid heels because of her human pillow Kim Taeyeon. 

With quite a struggle, Taeyeon manages to open the passenger side of the car open to buckle the girl in and once she does, she exhales in relief before getting into the car herself. 

"I'll drop you off at Tylers." Taeyeon says emotionlessly as the very thought of Jessica's so called boyfriend hurt in her way she just couldn't express. 

She hears little whines of protest on finishing the sentence and looks over at Jessica's perturbed expression, "no want tyler. want taengoo." she mumbles inaudibly just enough for Taeyeon's sneaky little ears to hear. 

????

"What?" she asks, a little shocked to say the least. 

"taengoo home." Jessica says before her previously flickering eyes shut themselves close, clearly in discomfort. 

"Okay. I'm taking you to my apartment." Taeyeon states before starting the car up and carefully pulling out of the area and onto the roads. 

The drive is quiet yet again, and weirdly, Taeyeon seemed to feel more under the pump than she was feeling before. 

And then, Jessica's petite hand falls over on her own which was curled around the gear shifter. She feels the sleeping girls cold fingers brush up against her own causing her cheeks to softly color. 

Taeyeon gets lost in her thoughts and within no time she finds herself in parking spot number 3. 

The cars engines come to a halt and they're left in complete darkness, with the exception of the dim blue lights from afar which helped in no way whatsoever. 

Taeyeon sighs and tiredly closes the car door shut before straddling over to the other side guided by her phone's flashlight. Unbuckling the girls seatbelt, she pushes her hair out of her face and stares at for a moment longer before practically lifting her up along with her little bag and kicking the door shut with her foot. 

To her surprise, Jessica wasn't at all hard to carry, and she successfully makes her way to the building's entrance where she opts for the elevator this time. 

Jessica nestles her head into Taeyeon's neck and wraps her arms around her waist. The bellman who stood by the elevator smirks in amusement at the sight before looking back down at his unpolished shoes. 

After a minute or so Taeyeon, thankfully, finds herself at the door of her apartment with Jessica who was, thankfully, alive. 

She stumbles in and practically drops the things she was holding onto the floor before carefully setting Jessica down on the nearest sofa. 

Her arms cramped in pain but she didn't bother for there were more important things on her mind. 

Why didn't she want to go home to Tyler? 

She watches the steady rise and fall of Jessica's chest which then in some ways calmed her. She reaches a hand out to caress the side of her cheek. It was funny how someone could be so close to her and yet so far far away. 

She kisses the girls forehead before setting out to get her a blanket. On reaching her closet, she doesn't think for a second before grabbing what she called "Jessica's blanket." aka "The pink one which smells like you."

After covering the sleeping kitten, she simply goes back to staring at her soothing features, which even in distress looked as beautiful as ever. She pats the girls arm in a comforting motion as she watches Jessica's partially scrunched up face ease up in warmth. 

Taeyeon feels a small smile tug at her lips as her nagging thoughts drive themselves away from her mind. 

Just as she's about to grab a pillow to make herself a bed on the floor she feels bony fingers wrap themselves around her wrist in a death grip. 

She looks back only to pulled back even further, their bodies collide and Jessica snuggles herself into Taeyeon, their bodies forming a cocoon. 

"Sica yah!" Taeyeon says in confusion and surprise. 

But the girl doesn't budge, and having been her friend for years now, Taeyeon should have gotten used to Jessica's selective sleeping habits. 

"Ah what to do." Taeyeon asks herself. 

Might as well get comfortable. 

She carefully entangles herself into the mess of cushions and blankets and takes better hold of the girls lean arm. It wasn't the first time they'd fallen asleep together and yet what Taeyeon was feeling, she'd never felt before. 

"Goodnight Sica." she mumbles softly before letting her head fall onto the cushion behind her. 

The now cold coffee on the table she'd been looking forward to all day? Forgotten. 


What did y'all think? Should I continue this with one more small chapter? ^_^ please let me know in the comments! Thanks <3