Jinyoung

Back to Me [HIATUS]

The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it – Nicholas Sparks, At First Sight.

 

+++

 

“Excuse me Doctor Park, there is someone looking for you.”  Said a nurse who was in charge at information desk.

 

“Who is it?” Jinyoung asked her.

 

“He said he is your friend. His name is Im Jaebum.”

 

Jinyoung was surprised when the nurse mentioned the name. He never expected his old friend from high school will come to the hospital.

 

“Where is he?”

 

“He’s in the waiting room.”

 

“Ok thank you.” Jinyoung quickly left to the waiting room.

 

There he saw his old friend whom he hasn’t met for many years. He was surprised to see Jaebum here, because honestly he hasn’t been in touch with his friends for many years, and he never told anyone unless his family about him becoming a doctor.

 

“Jaebum hyung.” Jinyoung called his friend.

 

Jaebum turned his head. “Jinyoung...” He got up to hug the younger. “How are you? Where have you been all this time?”

 

Jaebum released the hug. “Hey man, where have you been all this time? I have been looking for you anywhere.”

 

“I’m just here.” Jinyoung simply replied.

 

Jaebum stared at the younger from head to toe. “Hello Doctor Park.” He teased Jinyoung.

 

They both laughed. “Let’s come to my office. Let’s talk there.” Then they walked to Jinyoung’s office.

 

+++

 

“So hyung, how did you find me here?” Jinyoung asked feeling curious.

 

“No. You answer me first. Where have you been all this time? You changed your phone number, and you moved out from your old apartment. You were gone without leaving any tracks behind.”

 

Jinyoung just chuckled at the older’s words. “You haven’t changed a bit, you still talk too much.”

 

“I’m serious now.” Jaebum looked upset.

 

“Okay okay...” Jinyoung sighed. “I...I just...I just thought I had to move on from everything.”

 

“Move on? From what?”

 

“Don’t ask me.” Jinyoung lowered his head

 

Jaebum didn’t ask more, he knew for sure what the younger meant. He got up and walked closer to Jinyoung. He patted his shoulders. “I’m sorry. I won’t ask anymore.” He then sat back in the chair.

 

“Okay..so I found you here after coming to your parents house. Thank God that I met your parents, and they told me about you becoming doctor and working in this hospital.” Jaebum explained.

 

“Our school is going to have reunion trip next week. It will be held in Jeju Island it’s a one night trip. I come to bring you the invitation.” Jaebum continued while giving out the invitation card.

 

Jinyoung took the invitation card. He was looking at it. “Is Mark hyung coming?” He asked the older.

 

“Yeah. I sent the invitation by email, and I have talked to him on the phone and he said he will be coming back to Seoul next week.” Jaebum hesitantly replied.

 

They both were quiet for a while. “You will come, right?” Jaebum asked.

 

Jinyoung smiled to the older. “I can’t promise you hyung. I will think about it, and because I have to check my schedule if I can leave the hospital next week.”

 

“Well, I can’t force you since you have big responsibility here. But I really hope you will join us.” Jaebum smiled back.

 

Jaebum got up from the chair. “I will leave now, you must be busy. Oh, give me your phone number. If you don’t mind.”

 

“Ofcourse not hyung.” Jinyoung smiled, then he gave his name card to Jaebum.

 

+++

 

That evening Jinyoung went to a restaurant near the hospital. He actually didn’t have appetite, but because his fiance forced him to have dinner together and he couldn’t say no to her.

 

“Oppa...” Nayeon waved her hands when she saw Jinyoung. And Jinyoung quickly walked toward her.

 

“Sorry for coming late, I had to check for some patients before going here.”

 

“That’s alright oppa. Let’s go inside.” Nayeon held Jinyoung hands and lightly pulled her fiance to go inside.

 

Inside the restaurant, they quickly went to the empty table. Nayeon grabbed the menu and looked at it for a while. “What do you want oppa?”

 

Jinyoung didn’t seem interest. “Anything is fine.”

 

Nayeon moved his look to his fiance. “You have to eat something good, look at you. You worked too much, and you’ve lost weight lately.”

 

“Just pick something good then, I’m okay with everything.”

 

“Uhh...Doctor Park, you are hard to handle.” Nayeon .

 

Without asking approval from the older Nayeon ordered some food from the menu. She can tell that Jinyoung had something in his mind. They have been together for two years now, she knew Jinyoung too well.

 

“How was work? Is everything alright? You look tired.” She couldn’t stop herself from asking.

 

“Yeah everything is fine, just you know everyday is busy day at hospital.” Jinyoung smiled trying to convince her.

 

Nayeon held his hands. “You can tell me everything, you know that I will always be here.” She smiled lovely.

 

“I know. Don’t worry too much.”

 

“I love you oppa.”

 

Jinyoung looked at her and smiled. “I love you too.”

 

+++

 

Mark...Have you ever thought about me, even once?

 

Did you feel as much pain as me?

 

Or have you forgotten me?

 

Mark...my first love.