Mark

Back to Me [HIATUS]

I only miss you when I'm breathing - Jason Derulo.

 

+++

 

“This is the last documents that you need to check and sign” Jackson explained to his boss.

 

The one who he called boss was actually his close friend, they went to high school together. Jackson work as the Chief Secretary for Mark Tuan the only heir and President of the biggest and well known Group in The United States.

 

It was Tuan Group. One of the biggest Business Groups in The United States, they had many companies in many different fields. And they have expanded their business globally.

 

“Thanks Jackson, I will finish all soon. You can go home now.” Mark said.

 

“And, regarding our trip to Seoul. I have prepared everything.” Jackson continued.

 

“Okay. Thanks again. And do be too serious, I have told you many times to talk casually to me when there’s no one around.” Mark smiled to his friend.

 

“Hahaha...I always forgot. Okay okay. I’m off first then. See you tomorrow hyung.” With that Jackson left the room.

 

+++

 

It was a long flight from LA to Seoul. And Mark was so tired, he couldn’t sleep. He thought it was because he was too nervous to go back to Seoul after ten years.

 

After taking all their luggages, Mark and Jackson walked toward the exit door. “Welcome back to Seoul.” Jackson was so excited to be back in Seoul.

 

Jackson used to live in Seoul too. He went to the same high school as Mark, that was where they became best friend. And after graduating from high school Jackson went to study in The United States, and ended up working at Mark’s company.

 

“It’s been a very long time.” Mark replied.

 

“Come on hyung, we gotta go to the Hotel. You look so tired, you should rest first.” Jackson was worried about his friend. Mark nodded, then they took taxi and left the airport.

 

On their way inside the taxi Mark couldn’t stop watching outside, observating each places they passed. Time passed, everything changed, people changed, he thought to himself.

 

“Jackson.” Mark said while his eyes were still focusing at everything outside.

 

“Emm.” Jackson simply replied.

 

“Do you know if he will come to the reunion?”

 

Jackson looked not so sure about what he was going to tell Mark, but he had to tell him eventually. “I don’t know, I haven’t heard anything from Jaebum hyung about this.”

 

Mark looked so down hearing about this, Jackson patted his shoulders. “Hyung, are you sure about meeting him again?”

 

Mark turned his head to face the younger. “There are many unfinished things to finish, unsaid words to say. I was a jerk, for leaving him without saying goodbye.”

 

Jackson can really understand the older’s feeling. He nodded his head. “I can feel you hyung, I will always be by your side.”

 

“You’re the only loyal man, thanks Jackson.” Mark said and both of them smiled to each other.

 

+++

 

Later in the evening, Mark and Jackson went to a bar in downtown area. He had appointment there to meet their old friends from high school. They walked inside the bar, the music was so loud, and many people were there. It must be one of the top bars in that area.

 

They were looking around to find their friends, until they heard somebody shouted out Jackson’s name. “Hey Jackson. Here...here...” Jackson turned his head to find the voice, then he saw two men waved at him.

 

“Ah it’s them.” He told Mark, and they walked toward their friends.

 

“Hey! It’s been a while. How are you?” Jackson greeted his friends.

 

Four of them were exchanging hugs. “Wow, President of Tuan Group is here.” Jaebum teased.

 

“Mark hyung, you’ve become a lot more handsome.” Youngjae continued teasing him, giving his two thumbs up.

 

“How about me? I’ve become more handsome too right?” Jackson chuckled.

 

They just laughed at him. “Thanks guys. You two look good too. So how are you? And what do you do?” Mark asked.

 

“Youngjae and I started our own business together. It is a small business, we have just started.” Jaebum explained.

 

“That’s great, I wanted to have my own business too one day.”

 

Mark stared at Jackson. “You earned a lot in our company, isn’t that not enough?” Mark said teasing the younger.

 

“I’m just kidding hyung. I’m the loyal man, I will never leave you.” They all laughed.

 

They continued talking about their lifes, they had a lot to talk since it was their first meeting after ten years. Not until Jaebum said something that changed the mood instantly.

 

“About Jinyoung...I have met him, I met him in one hospital in Seoul. He is a doctor now. I told him about this reunion, but he didn’t tell me if he will come or not. He just said that he will think about it.”

 

Mark sighed to hear what Jaebum said. “That’s alright, thank you for helping me to find him. Let’s just hope he will change his mind and come to the reunion.”

 

“Okay okay, all my hyungs don’t think about this anymore, at least not now. It’s our first meeting after ten years, we should have fun right?” Youngjae tried to change the mood again.

 

“Yes yes, come on! Drink more, Youngjae order some more drinks.” Jackson continued.

 

Mark and Jaebum nodded following what the youngers said. They ordered some more drinks and had a lot of fun together.

 

+++

 

Jinyoung...Have you ever thought about me, even once?

 

Did you feel as much pain as me?

 

Or have you forgotten me?

 

Jinyoung...my first love.