First Meeting

Back to Me [HIATUS]

Each meeting occurs at the precise moment for which it was meant. Usually, when it will have the greatest impact on our lives

Nadia Scrieva, Fathoms of Forgiveness.

 

+++

 

It was an ordinary day at school for Jaebum, Jinyoung, Jackson, and Youngjae. They were good friends at school. Jaebum was the oldest among them, Jinyoung and Jackson were the same age and same class, while Youngjae was the youngest among them.

 

Jaebum and Jinyoung have known each other for long time, they have become friends since they were just a kid. Jackson was originally from Hong Kong, but his family moved to Seoul for business. He has been living in Seoul for five years now, he has ajusted to the culture and language.

 

He met Jinyoung on the first day of high school, and since then they have become good friends. While Youngjae, he joined the singing club at school. Jaebum was his senior, but later on they became friends. So that was how their friendship started.

 

Today at Jaebum’s class, the students were quiet noisy because the teacher hasn’t come yet. Not too long, they heard the teacher was coming, the students quickly sat back in their own seats.

 

The teacher walked into the classroom, and there was a student behind him. “Good morning class.” The teacher said.

 

“Good morning Mr. Oh.” Students replied in unison.

 

“We have new student here. He’s a transfered student from The US. Mark, please introduce yourself.”

 

“Hello everyone, my name is Mark. I hope we become good friends.” Mark simply introduced himself, he seemed to be a quiet and shy person.

 

Other students in the classroom were amazed by how good looking Mark was. He really had good skin. His height was perfect for his small figure, and he had small face too. He looked great in just a simple short haircut.

 

The girls seemed so excited, they whispered to each other while kept glancing at Mark.

 

“Okay students prepare your book now. Mark you can sit in the empty seat there.” Mr. Oh explained and Mark quickly followed his order.

 

Once Mark sat on his seat, a guy in front of him turned his body to face him. “Hi, my name is Jaebum. Nice to meet you.” He nicely said.

 

“Nice to meet you too.” Mark smiled.

 

“How long have you been here?”

 

“Just two weeks ago.”

 

“Wow you’re totally a newbie in Seoul.”

 

“Yeah.”

 

Before they can continue chatting, the teacher started the lesson, and they went back to focus on the lesson.

 

+++

 

“Who is he?” Jackson asked Youngjae when he saw Mark passing by the coridor followed by many girls walking behind him. He had never seen him before.

 

“I heard he’s a transfered student from The US. It’s his first day at school, but he has become hot topic in the whole school. All the girls in my class was bragging about how good looking he is.” Youngjae explained.

 

“I think you will finally have a rival hyung.” Youngjae chuckled. He tried to tease Jackson.

 

What Youngjae said might be true, Jackson has become one of hot students at school. He was good looking, he had a fit and strong built. He was good in dancing plus he can do martial arts. All the girls at school were crazy over him, even some boys too.

 

Jackson didn’t seem to care so much about it. He was more care about finding his other two friends, because they have promised to go for Ice Cream together after school.

 

“Youngjae, you go find Jaebum hyung, I will go see Jinyoung if he finished his practice.”

 

“Okay hyung.”

 

+++

 

Mark was bored, he walked around the school building. He was waiting for his driver to pick him up. First day at school was fine, since it was an International School, they used English as their main language. So it was good for Mark.

 

There were many girls and boys following him around but he hasn’t made any friends yet. It was difficult for him to make friends, because he wasn’t good at saying hi or to take steps to talk first to new people.

 

He stopped at one room, it was Theater Room as written in the sign board. The door was slightly opened, he can see a student was there. He moved closer and saw that the student was a boy, he seemed doing act performance.

 

“The one glance that set life alight is two set of two eyes staring through the layers of lifetimes and stolen glances and first kisses and hands held, the brace against the weight and lenting tide of waiting...” Said the boy in a very sweet tone, while he moved his body nicely here and there. [AN: poem by Tyler Knott Gregson.]

 

Mark was impressed by his performance, it was like a private act performance for himself.

 

“I believe in love at first sight, but am not burdened with the misconception that it’s a first sight at all.” The boy continued. And he finished his performance with some interesting body movement. [AN: poem by Tyler Knott Gregson.]

 

Mark seemed to like his performance so much, his hands were automatically clapping. While the other boy was surprised to hear the clapping sound, and turned his head.

 

It was Jinyoung, he didn’t realize that Mark has been there for some times and watched him performing. “Thank you” He smiled to Mark. Mark got embarrassed, he quickly stopped clapping and hid his hands. He smiled back to Jinyoung.

 

Jinyoung took all his stuff and walked closer to Mark. “How long have you been standing there?” Jinyoung asked in Korean.

 

“Uhm...sorry I don’t speak Korean.” Mark replied in English.

 

“Ah sorry. Are you new here? I have never seen you before.” They finally talk in English.

 

“Yeah, it’s my first day.”

 

Jinyoung moved his hands to shake hands with Mark. “I’m Jinyoung, what’s your name?” Mark gave his hands too. “My name is Mark.”

 

Mark didn’t know what was wrong with his mind. But he thought Jinyoung’s eye smile was super cute, he really liked the way Jinyoung talked, it was sweet and cute.

 

“Nice to meet you Mark, but I have to go. My friends must be looking for me now, see you later.” He smiled again and left the room.

 

Mark didn’t say a word. He just waved to Jinyoung. Deep in heart he was hoping to meet Jinyoung again and to become closer with him.

 

Mark can feel the warmth inside him. “Was this because of him? What’s this feeling...” He asked to himself.

 

+++