Forgetful (Lay x Reader)

Kpop One Shot Collection *Discontinued*

I run around the hotel room getting ready. I fought wearing a dress for my rehearsal dinner, but two of my bridesmaids basically forced me into it. Since it was the night before the wedding, I wasn’t staying with Yi Xing, because of superstition or something like that. So I pick up my phone and call him to remind him that the dinner starts in half an hour and he needs to be there. But more specifically he needs to be there and on time. My fiance has a habit of forgetting specific details, so I wouldn’t be surprised that he forgot what time the dinner was.Finally calling him, it goes to voicemail. Where was this fool? This is not the time to forget your phone somewhere. Grabbing my flats and putting them on I call again, this time getting an answer.

 

“Hello?” He answers groggily obviously, just waking up.

 

“Zhang Yi Xing! Where the hell are you?” I get into a taxi taking me to the venue. “You are supposed to be on your way to the restaurant for our rehearsal dinner. Or did you forget?” I say exasperated letting out a heavy sigh. How did I fall in love with this fool?

 

“Of course I didn’t forget! I’m on my way now, I just decided to walk there. See you there love you!” He rushes out and hangs up. I let out another sigh putting my head in my hands. He totally forgot.

 

I was pacing around the venue, ‘where is he?’ I ask myself. I try sending a calming smile towards the people walking by. I continue to pace no knowing what to do. Zhang Yi Xing, my fiance was late, for our rehearsal dinner. My guess is that he forgot, once again, but this is unacceptable this time. I have 14 plus people in this rented dining room and it is now 5 minutes past when it was supposed to start and he is not here.

 

After taking a few deep breaths I walk in smiling at everybody and stand at the head of the table. “Thank you everyone for coming out for the rehearsal and I’m so excited that you are here tonight with us, unfortunately my-” I got cut off by the doors swinging open and my fiance walking in with his shirt partly ed and his tie just hanging around his neck.

 

“I’m here and I thank you all for your patience, I’m sure my wonderful future wife kept you all entertained you all. Thank you all for coming out and let’s eat so we can get this show on the road.” He says sitting down next to me with that charming smile and a mischievous glint in his eyes. I look at him with a mix of shock and anger and all he does is wink at me.

 

Later after the meal, we quickly went through the order of the ceremony and then we had a little get together after for the bridal party. I made it a point to avoid my fiance letting him know I was angry with him for forgetting about tonight when I Should've Kissed You came on. I let out a small smile and laugh thinking of my fool when I felt a tug on my arm. I looked up to see the love of my life pulling me out to the dance floor. All anger washed away as we spent the night dancing away our cares. I know tomorrow will be amazing.